Re: Ideas thread 2022

Post by Keighn »

Yep. It starts again.
ZUPS!!!!
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

so many of the smaller paid-with-gold housing maps are jam packed and there aren't too many plots left.
Place future plots in a tower. Each time you then run out of room thereafter, daisy chain another map/ build the tower up.
Now plots can be added as needed but the world map wont become too bloated with various towns of just shit on the floor.
lobby could have a TP for every 5 floors?

classless weapons are a neat design space that's not really explored. Would you have any interest in possibly changing staves into an improvised or simple weapon skill? Other improvised weapons could include:

torch - 1d4 dmg(or whatever dmg die staves use), 9/1 str/dex ratio, utilizes the fire tint to do 1d4 damage over time for 3 seconds.
Stays sort of consistent with the early DnD vibe/inspiration. Torches were a great weapon for lv 1's or for niche situations like rolling a 1 in a dark cave and using it to bash a bugbear while looking for your sword in second edition.

Stones - improved ranged weapons, 75/25 dex/str ratio, deal the same amount of sling damage but at half speed.

Just for a fun flavorful sorta thing. It would be interesting to have some sort of payoff for reaching 100 improvised weapon skill / having zero 0 class. This could also make for an additional starting kit for new characters, a sort of clean slate that does not start with any class skills. Bonus xp? PD scoreboard for highest classless character? (this scoreboard idea could even be standalone!)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I always wondered is we'd get apartment complexes. The only thing that bothered me about trailerpark homes was people might place them in terrible spots. Regular has little paths and roads but pd/ng is like just a mess. I guess that's the charm.

I'm curious a out basements and towers myself. I have thought about buying a basement or tower level and adding a story exery so often.

Typical gp trailerpark hous is 8x8 (if you use walls you can smack out 7x7. I'd assume a basement allotment could be 8x8. I haven't looked up the price for basement and ladder up/down.

I thought it might be cool to link several levels of your own basements together. I don't know the maximum allotment of size for housing allowed? Can a trailerpark house have a paid basement? What about a tower or multi-level? A roof level?
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I just need to set up auto eviction for trailer parks
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Then you'll have a homeless problem, and drugs, and theft with pooping in the streets. What about government help?
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Not sure if i should put this here or the bug thread.

We all know necro lag exists but can we get an update to improve that situation? The biggest issues is HoB and summon undead/giblets. The lag make it very hard to play especially if you need to make snap decisions on if you live or die (sl, hearthstone, tp, potion, whatever) That delay is a god damn killer both figuratively and literally. One of the biggest issues with this overall is that you can not even be the person who's using necro spells or even in the party but you will also experience some lag not even being near the person who is casting unintentionally causing you lag. Here are my proposed changes?

HoB same duration, half as many projectiles, twice as much damage, cooldown can stay the same

Summon Undead could be changed to being max summons is 3 instead of 5. You could double the damage of the summons, or make them attack twice as fast (which is what i would prefer personally) and make all 3 summons the caster summons at 75%+.

Same idea with giblets, reduce the amount of giblets that spawn from the monster from 3 to 2 and make them melee twice as fast or 50% faster, whatever.

I feel like doing these changes would improve the lag overall and the stress on the server, less numbers = less stress (?)

Please let me know if i am just starlight up wrong about what the cause of that lag is.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

-Mage invisibility should work with backstab. Would be good for mage/rogue(bard) dual class synergy. (Maybe just make invisibility a hidden status?)

- Bard MR Buff should scale. 100 MR isnt much

- Switch Bleeding Eardrums with a new Circle 8 - Encore (double the next bard aura buff) - or an instant AOE feel great effect for your party

- Replace new fans (no ideas with what, I just think it isnt very useful)
Last edited by CinisterD on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

New fans is pretty nice for those who can't banish. Instant army. I now try to not be drakn form when whites and liches go clone crazy. I didn't realize its one kf the few clones that hurt (barring barbed and annoyinv vamp weapons).
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

New fans i thought was also useless as hell until i had a mage avatar or when my drag gets cloned. Immediately pop new friends and now you have a healer or a second dragon and they just disappear after the duration which is also super dope that you can use them for a bit and then they disappear.

I agree with bleeding ear drums, its really bad. It has alot of the same issue as VAMT has for priests, it doesnt scale in any way shape or form as you get stronger your bleed does not. Everything else scales but for some reason bleeds dont. (or dont stack or start doing more damage a tick or whatever)
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Mage invis + backstab would need some kind of cooldown imo. I feel like it would be cheesy if you could just spam VSL and backstab over and over.

But yeh, this would be a cool change and allow for some more dual class options.
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

BSing off of invis is a bad idea. The trade off for bard spells is stealth and the perks that come with it. Letting people BS off of invis not only undoes that trade off but makes rogues (every class, even) significantly worse off in general. Someone wouldn't even need to invest into mage for VSL. With black pots and SL scrolls, bards just become the best class if this were implemented. There would be no reason not to run bard, use loot aura, spam BS, and then even have an extra 100% class cap to play around with (if you would even need it).

BS spam already exists but it requires 100% class cap, a codex (yeah technically you could do this with an annoying amount of TPs but everyone who plays this game is too lazy to make/manage that many), and space. You can't BS spam everything, you can still die while trying to BS spam, and really the DPS averages out to a smoothbrain fighter's DPS anyhow. However, if I could hot key an SL scroll to f3 (shift + ctrl + dir) even the most mediocre bard set up would out DPS anything hands down. Every hit would be a BS. All I would have to do is hold down two buttons and spam shift.

edit: How would this even be managed with a cooldown? If a player Backstabs out of invis, can they just not go invis for 2 minutes? Maybe that wouldn't be broken.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

For what its worth-

- Some people DO spam tp BS- I don't even need to look far, as players in my friend circle do. It's wildly effective, although cheesy imo.

- I don't think you can currently 200% a class, so an actual rogue/bard isn't an option.

If I'm 100% bard, 100% mage, I think this is perfectly logical. I need to be hidden to stab someone, and I've mastered invisibility. I get stealth and music are exclusive, but with a 200% class cap invested, this creates an entire new synergy, which is something lots of people want with dual classing. I do more harm to casting dropping the staff, than I'd make up for with a dagger. I just see an opportunity for a new playstyle.

- I agree the black pot/scroll cheese would be bad. Maybe a compromise could be making Greater invisibility have a different status than normal. (normal is just invis, but greater is invis and hidden). This way is can't be cheesed. Also adding a dual class cooldown is fine (its already a thing for priests with some setups).
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

my initial reaction to invis+backstab was 'yeh ok' - it's easy to add in, adds more, etc, and pretty much agree that it's 'perfectly logical' (not that logic really matters)

I thought others might be less enthused abt it.

I already think the way BS is used is a bit OP tho - as if bs needs a cooldown, not invis+bs. There doesn't seem to be much diff between casting SL (or blak pot) and taking a few steps back and hiding - there is a bit of twitch skill req for the latter at least
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

I was actually talking about VSL backstabs to Tink the other day. Easy solution if most people think it could be cheesed, make it require you have stealth.

Other duo class things I was talking about with him were rogue/fighter being able to hide in medium armor (def isnt a huge increase but stats are stats).

Fighter with other classes could increase also make armor requirements for their stuff be lenient. Like being able to use Monk abilities with leather (could use NS set with dodge on a monk now).

Just spit balling things since we're talking about rogues using spells.
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

eggmceye wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:19 am There doesn't seem to be much diff between casting SL (or blak pot) and taking a few steps back and hiding - there is a bit of twitch skill req for the latter at least
The difference is class investment/opportunity cost, much less skill. BS spam exists as is, but requires someone to be committed to rogue. You can supplement the rogue playstyle with stuff like mage, monk, or fighter but you're still ultimately playing a rogue. EUO is very grindy and loot focused making Bard's loot aura very desirable and the trade off for that is (rightfully) steep. You get locked out of the rogue playstyle. Buffing invisibility to allow for backstabs lets bards have their cake and eat it too. Bards would reap the rewards of rogue's BS and get to have the loot aura (on top of all the other benefits bards get). Rogue gets nothing in this change, and wouldn't offer a reason to play rogue over bard if this becomes the case. Even if BS is being abused as is, it's certainly not OP. It's a low effort strategy that's only really viable in reg because you can still fuck up and die. Of the top 10 players with 0 deaths and without a perm res stone, I count 2 players using Rogue. Fighter and necomancer are much more safe and stronger classes over all, even acknowledging BS spam. The DPS just isn't there with BS spam to make rogues OP. The ability to have every attack be a BS by holding down two keys and tap another with zero downside pushes BS into it's own league.

One of the two aforementioned rogues is Eclipse whose opinion I would like to hear as they main rogue/mage
CinisterD wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:27 am dual class cooldown
Depends on what this looks like. Is the player locked out of using invisibility? If a rogue is spamming BS with a TP, there's a gap of time they could be hit by monsters and would keep things fairly even. However, there are so many ways a player can go invis that I don't think it's a viable option. On the flip side, putting the cooldown on backstab just lets a player hang around invis until the cooldown is up. Even if this cooldown keeps the damage output comparable to existing rogues, it penalizes existing rogues that multiclass.

I think if this were an option, the BS cooldown would have to be applied specifically when used while invisible.
Onyxt wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:00 am make it require you have stealth.
i typed out all this shit for a pretty easy solution but i cant be fucked to delete it all

if this were achieved by tying backstab to stealth, wouldnt this allow for people to use foils, ranged, and other weapons with backstab like they've been asking? Maybe that route wouldnt be the best idea, fighter/rogue great maul backstab sounds OP as hell
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

What am I missing here? Don't you currently need stealth to backstab?

I don't understand the context of that point.
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

CinisterD wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:54 pm What am I missing here? Don't you currently need stealth to backstab?
you need both stealth and short swords to backstab. Stealth to be hidden, and your BS odds are based off of your short sword skill (iirc)

also after thinking about it for a bit more, requiring stealth also doesn't stop turbo BS abuse. It just stops people from doing that with loot aura up. Maybe we need a little column a and a little column b.

these columns being req stealth but also a dual class cooldown of some sort LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

I know you need stealth to BS, which is why I don't understand this entire point.

Unless you're opening up to more weapon types, its basically stating the current setup.

Requiring stealth AND a cooldown, just seems like a general nerf to anything with a rogue dual class, not taking the rest of the conversation into consideration.

My idea was to bring in more synergy to dual classing, not to make it less attractive.

EDIT: After thinking this over, I see what seph was saying. This is more about avoiding the potential invis cheese than anything else.