Ideas thread 2020

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Ideas thread 2020

Post by Tink »

Looked back at your original message. You can have a perma undead ally. Taming and bone charms bb.

Also the volley (hob) for rangers would be fantastic i think.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Tink wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:56 am Looked back at your original message. You can have a perma undead ally. Taming and bone charms bb.

Also the volley (hob) for rangers would be fantastic i think.
Im talking about the summon undead spell, tamed pets suck ass, summons scale with your level.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Mostly because I'm lazy but it would be cool if you could shift+u blessed uncurse all scrolls on a container in your house to uncurse all of its contents.
Loler
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Loler »

Eating a fortune cookie gives you +1 loot luck for like 5 minutes
Mahatma Gandhi
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Monthly subscription $10
- 50% exp buff at all times on Reg/PD (EUOBD exp buff just renamed)
- /glow toggle command
- Monthly subscriber coin that can be redeemed for house decor items. Colored fountains/gargoyles, maybe some void items?

Thoughts?
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Onyxt wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:48 am Monthly subscription $10
- 50% exp buff at all times on Reg/PD (EUOBD exp buff just renamed)
- /glow toggle command
- Monthly subscriber coin that can be redeemed for house decor items. Colored fountains/gargoyles, maybe some void items?

Thoughts?
Hell yeah, im totally on board. With or without the xp buff just to support the game.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Really wondering what to do with Fast Weapons

I have done 2 sets of tests with a cleaver vs a labrys to see how much rage built up over a fixed amount of time, and how many procs you get.

Turns out procs are the same: fast weapon procs just as many times per minute as a slow one.

Rage: my first test last week indicated rage for slow weapons built up faster, but I retested it and it was more or less the same, maybe slightly faster for slower weapons. So I would tentatively say rage buildup over time for slow vs fast Slightly favours the slow wep.

Now what to do about it.
Doesn't seem to matter so much for fighters since they get fast & slow weps and all the best specials.

Rogues OTOH are disadvantaged in that they are mostly fast weps (esp foils & bows) so players feel pidgeonholed into using machetes and muskets right?

Foils all round could be slowed down, plus add a really slow one. All weapons could be slowed down a bit. Bows need slowing down too. Testing the cleaver just now and it was stupidly fast and there isn't much point.

Maybe take the time to make foil's keymashing different/interesting. Like work out some foil combos. Foils cld have some finisher or after parry/ripost a special that that does something really special when used (bit like qp->crits but maybe more active input required: after parry you can do something tricky, like maybe trip over or just a finisher)

I personally like charge:shieldbash:charge - that queuing of stuff is kinda neat. foils could get some of that.

Some ok ideas here:
Comet wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Some foils ideas:
- Foils are precision weapons, so critical hits should do a lot of damage!
- Hitting a disarmed target should have 50% chance to crit, since they are defenseless (copy of quivering status effect) GOOD
- Parry chance can scale to above 33%, based on + of foil (mut ex with all shields except buckler)
- Riposte only works on adjacent targets, but hits for 75% melee damage rather then the current amount (which is way too low)
- give foils something like wallop - a 10 rage attack that evenly splits damage to up to 3 targets in front of you. It's also very distracting for spellcasters, making them likely to fumble their spells (50% less likely to cast for 1 second)

Example placements:
___ :knife:
:lesson: :knife:
___ :knife:

-:knife:-:knife:
:lesson:-:knife:
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Honestly I really like that some weapons are really fast. Looking at the monk it does a lot of damage but doesn't have to rely on slow weapons. Even fighters with great mauls in berserker stance have less single target dps than either rogues or monks, though they also get wallop and AOEs.

Overall, I feel like wallop, zerk stance, 50 rage specials, and increased access to enchanted weapons all benefited 2h weapons much more than anything else, and nothing has caught up yet.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:07 pm Eating a fortune cookie gives you +1 loot luck for like 5 minutes
1 fortune cookie
30 calories
Pretty much a high calories food. I can't call it dense unless you smash it up and make a cake out of it.

Try this instead:

ANABOLIC FRENCH TOAST

1 cup egg whites
4 slices bread
1 packet sweetener
1 tsp cinnamon
========
2 slices = 250 cal
Makes 2 servings.

I'd quote the protein content but you see it has egg whites (powder mixed with water also works. I use egg white powder.
I also use either 1-2 TBSP of stevia or monk fruit instead of artifical crap aspertame or saccharin.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Comet wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:03 am Overall, I feel like wallop, zerk stance, 50 rage specials, and increased access to enchanted weapons all benefited 2h weapons much more than anything else, and nothing has caught up yet.
this might be the key takeaway
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:56 am
Comet wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:03 am Overall, I feel like wallop, zerk stance, 50 rage specials, and increased access to enchanted weapons all benefited 2h weapons much more than anything else, and nothing has caught up yet.
this might be the key takeaway
This is the actual problem for the other classes and half trolls.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Freedomcobra
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Freedomcobra »

While this isn't necessarily a foils idea, I think taking some of the current auras and changing the way they work could give bard a more active role in hunts. I think changing some of the auras into short duration, stackable, party buffs would be neat. For instance, get rid of the 10% rage aura, and make it 25% rage increase, lasting 10-15 seconds for all party members around. MR aura, whichis unused as far as I know, could change to a crit bonus song to play for you and your party. (stacking with other short duration song spells) Will give the bard flavor of casting songs throughout each encounter, and liven up the playstyle I think.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Make a tome at the beginning of each dungeon with different affixes you can give to all the mobs in the dungeon for an increase in loot, multiple effects can be active at once!
Also challenge dungeons would be amazing, just opening a dungeon with given random affixes, if you complete it there is a chest with like 5 items at the end or something.

Say there is one in mino halls, you activate...
Lucky (double chance of getting crit on my monsters)
Bloody (the mobs in the dungeon are replaced with blood enemies)
Shocking (every mob has og/vog)
Cripple (movement speed/attack speed is reduced by 25%)
Intelligent (mobs INT and MR are doubled)
Demise (players have 50% reduced mr)
Afraid of the Dark (NV maxed at 4)

I think this has extremely high replayability and a shitload of fun to be had.
(On a PD note this would be so much fun actually being in fear of ripping to something or really challenging yourself in epic dungeons with the affixes for 1ks)
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

a thing like that is already in the works (thanx to kynt)
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

The ability to slam an item for the chance for it to roll better or brick it completely. (completely stealing this from POE with vaal orbs)

For example:
using the orb on my addy clay VOG
has the chance to become an addy clay vog +10
has the chance to become an addy clay vog, AEP
has the chance to stay an addy clay VOG but cannot have an orb used on it again
has the chance to turn in to a nontinted claymore VOG
has the chance to vanish completely

I love the idea that the best gear in the game is by taking a huge chance. With diamond coins in the game currently, it gives us the chance to reduce the amount of super end game gear by chancing it. This also gives us a reason to keep diamond coins in the game (but preferably making them like 10 times more rare than they are, please for the love of god nerf this)
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You'd be the only one who'd want that. Sounds like the crap aion pulled way back with their shit enhancement system. I can tell you people were pissed off grinding for the various stones to "tune" their gear then wayching it fail and destroy their stuff, the failure rate was ridiculous and only the pay to win clowns weren't affected since they'd just buy better gear.
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Keighn wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:07 am You'd be the only one who'd want that. Sounds like the crap aion pulled way back with their shit enhancement system. I can tell you people were pissed off grinding for the various stones to "tune" their gear then wayching it fail and destroy their stuff, the failure rate was ridiculous and only the pay to win clowns weren't affected since they'd just buy better gear.
I am for sure not the only one. The biggest difference is the end game gear currently is WAY too accessible with diamond coins. If diamond coins didnt exist, no way in hell it would work. Since they do, if you have a item fry, just go get a new one. There are a million enchants laying around and diamond coins arent rare as it is.

Also if you dont want to chance it with your good gear then dont do it. You dont have to do it if you dont want to take that risk. You cant get mad if you made the decision to chance it.

A addy clay vog is still an amazing weapon without being slammed. You never have to slam an item in your life if you wouldnt wish to. There is a chance it could be slightly better with good RNG. In most cases it wouldnt be worth it to and the ones it would be worth slamming are super available. I wouldnt expect anyone to slam an esto vest, that's nutty and dumb but enchants are basically crafted and made specifically to your needs with the current state, making them easy candidate to be slammed for little to no worry whatsoever.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I had to reread that. I glossed over the fact enchants are set at +5 unless random artifact. Yeah, i could see risking general untinted ones. Chances are people do it with a non-tint or crap tint and try for upwards to a +10 then tint wand. Seems atm with wands the only +10 def/AS are regualrly raised.

I could be wrong but i don't recall if DC amp wand works on stats to +37, NV+5,MR+5, or Vig+16.

A fascinating idea is if it would work on artifacts to add def or as or w/e to items that have no + as (keller shank, a few staves), etc.

Some with mr, nv, vig could go above their norms to rank with certain artifacts (some are 20 vig, 10 mr, etc).

There really isn't a higher tier construction of gear for socketing, rune engraving, similar old enchanting, adding amplifications, creating flames, ice, resistances, etc.

But i'm only a casual gamer. With a low playerbase I couldn't gauge who wants what or what they think is enjoyable.

I wish alpha could test idea theories more it doesn't appear set up for player generated ideas. Its a server that can't be messed up imho.
ZUPS!!!!
speed
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by speed »

I love the idea that the best gear in the game is by taking a huge chance.
I can understand where you're coming from, but personally I feel a lot more rewarded when I get a lucky drop than when I gamble for something. Getting my vamp staff +9 or my trap detection artifact felt like it really rewarded going out and hunting. Polypiling a few hundred +8's/+9's and getting a tinted VOG wep didn't feel as satisfying for me. But that may just be personal preference!

Regarding the addy claymore VOG; right now, it only takes 1 DC to make that weapon. So if you just trade for a bunch of VOG claymores, there honestly wouldn't be much of a risk trying to roll for AEP on top of that. Being able to craft a wep with AEP and VOG seems a bit overpowered regardless of the price.

Definitely agreed with dimond coins being way too easy to get. I'd just nerf DCs by upping the prices. They've definitely been a bit too accessible (especially via treasure chests), since it's possible to farm for over 10 a day, and get the best gear for a character in under a week. It's sort of impossible to remove them from the game now. So make addy/bone/mithril/crystal tint wands cost way more, maybe 5-10 diamond coins each. All the other tints would have a cost proportional to their use. And lower treasure chest drop rates while increasing monster drop rates.
-Speed(COG) = [Grandmaster Stafffighter idk...]
Freedomcobra
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Freedomcobra »

Those of us that don't do chest runs see VERY few DC's, I wouldn't mind seeing a dc nerf from chests, but maybe seeing a bump in mob drops would be nice. I think I have only seen 2 drop from monsters, and it was goblins.. Never seen one from anything I actually hunt