Re: Ideas thread 2019

Post by SanJorge »

maybe allow weapon skill focus:
++ you cant get 120% on one weapon skill
++ special is more effective
++ you can get title : weapon skill name + kensai
-- no other weapon skill special is allowed
-- no other weapon skill can be learned

it shouldn't be bond to class so: longsword kensai or fencer kensai or ranged kensai should work.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I had a similar idea but not so restricting. It was and if I get around to it the Paragon % mastery. Basically, this next tier is 101-200% in crafting and class skills. Higher % opens up new spells, new abilities, and new crafting techniques like enhancing weapons/armor/ etc. Higher weapon skills would lead to things like synergized dual and even triple specials if skills were at those levels. Spells could be synergized with each other similar to how druids and staves work. This is more or less for epic play and maps. The kicker about 200% class skills (not the crafting) is you would have to specialize in that and it would force you to drop your second class if you were to actually reach the paragon 200% statue. Fighters could naturally get paragon skills in all fighter stuff, mages only in mage stuff, etc etc.

It'd be a lot to work out and I just haven't committed to the idea yet to flesh out everything but you can see the gist. Currently, humans would get the most benefit esp on PD since non-humans are still limited to 175% max. We all know that higher the skill the slower it is to raise (so have fun getting to the 200%). I guess finding some synonyms with paragon might be in order or one could go with the similar structure as is for regular skills with Paragon added on. Novice paragon, adept paragon, master paragon, grandmaster Paragon.. etc. (Grandmaster Paragon Tamer).
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wild ideas redux:
Monster chest drops are different colored from chest on the map.
Your personal town portal has a glowing border so you know which is your own portal and not someone elses.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote:Wild ideas redux:
Your personal town portal has a glowing border so you know which is your own portal and not someone elses.
I just did the glowing your personal portal
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

eggmceye wrote:
Keighn wrote:Wild ideas redux:
I just did the glowing your personal portal
Ah yes! *Hail Lord Eggleton!*
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

And it is awesome!
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

EUO CLASSIC Server 2006 !!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Are you suggesting something that WOW is doing? If egg was going to do classic it'd be his Balrog version in ASCII green.
ZUPS!!!!
Mr.Crowley
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Mr.Crowley »

SanJorge wrote:EUO CLASSIC Server 2006 !!!
seconded
You will find the strength
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....

-Ruki- His tribute song
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Only 3 classes in 2006 but balanced classes and useful weapon smith , deeper rpg (repair n stuff) ,more individual , less efficiency more game play.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

that's such a bad take LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON, I can't be bothered debating any of those points. You didn't even mention old enchanting!

anyway I'm scratching around for the pre lua version back of euo (early 2007)

I think I can get a early 2007 version running (I had it running on my windows pc with windows server). You want the jankiest old (but functional) version right? well that would be early 2007 called 1.1, which was the last version before I started scripting everything in lua (like anyone cares)

http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Updates_in_2007
euo2007.PNG
euo2007b.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Might I suggest the oldest gfx possible with the Q-tips and what would be Joshua Steel's earlier version and whatever was cobbled together? This is the version where MR doesn't dampen damage right? Actually, sounds kinda cool depending on how old retro you go. I believe that's the version where you could customize your framing grafix like BoB and some clans did. I know I had one I used way back.
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Craving the oldschool feel?
I spent about an hour editing the old tileset so it would work in the current game and look all pretty! (about a year ago i think)
It was worth it imo, I even play with the grayscale nonsense turned off.

I think egg aired grievances with it, saying it was too ugly or something but half of the new tiles look so out of place to me!
I also think all the negative space in the tiles make for a better transition between say plains to moutains, AND HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE TREES!?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

;)
Tink

Post by Tink »

You forgot to remove the pink from the A
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

or did i?
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

is there any way to implement selling to player merchants?
is there a way to rework the merchants in a way that I could put a reinforced flask and set maybe a negative value for the price? so long as there is gold in there merchant it will take reinforced flasks from the customer and swap it for gold in the merchant?

to set things to trade only i guess we could set prices to zero?

what happens to existing merchants with trade only items?
maybe merchant scrolls get reworked to spawn a merchant with the sell functionality and existing merchants remain unchanged?

sorry for the thrown together post / stream of consciousness. On a break between classes I thought about how nice it would be to have a merchant that sold mega yellow potions for cheap with some kind of way to get reinforced flasks back from the customers without being online. Selling functionality would also help newer players get gold from relatively inactive old players looking for supplies or items. I'd definitely like to buy garlic from players to add to my garlic collection!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Can playermerchants have more than 3 tokens now? If you have the gold why not put a thousand tokens on it. Originally a lot more players and spots git filled up. Now.... kinda spooky ghostland.
ZUPS!!!!
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Keighn wrote:Can playermerchants have more than 3 tokens now? If you have the gold why not put a thousand tokens on it. Originally a lot more players and spots git filled up. Now.... kinda spooky ghostland.
I don't believe they need tokens to stay open as is. IIRC egg made a forum post saying since merchant spots aren't full there's no need to keep players adding tokens to them ect.

small tangent:
I put a lot of money and time into creating a shop that sells resources and useful items to help along newer players because of this update. It's hard though, price items too low (especially resources used in crafting) and the old, hoarding, players will buyout stock. I believe most of my sales have been to LC as it is, truthfully. /shrug
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's true: merch token req was disabled in 2017 "until things pick up again"
tokens still get deleted but the merch won't when there are none left