Moderator: EUO Moderators
I feel dumb for not reporting this before - really thought it was an issue with my old laptop and ignored it.eggmceye wrote:I've got the black stripes on my brand new laptop - so look forward to a fix soon.
1) Resource management is a bit weird, for two reasons. Firstly, the bottle neck is mana crystals, nothing else (at least in a few play throughs on medium). Secondly, the ranges at which the zombies pick up items is strange. i.e. much larger radius for ore / coal compared to crystals / nightshade. I found not being able to prioritize a pickup manually to be a bit limiting. On thinking about this, it might be that items out in the open aren't being picked up, and I can't work out how to set them to be manually retrieved. (I also have randomly a single "ghost" zombie who loves running through walls, but I suspect this is a known bug).
2) Mob balance. Ghosts > Phantoms seem to do x3 the damage of vampires, but (at least so far, RNG = random) are more common than crypts, and easier to make. i.e. the resource can be picked up outside of your control area then shipped back, while crypt tiles are fixed. Ghosts upgrade to Phantoms, which is nice, but skele's don't upgrade to skeleton warriors with sword & shield, which I expected (I upgraded my strongest barracks first, so got the phantasm upgrade first).
3) The AI doesn't seem to attack until you find a portal, which makes ramping up defenses very easy. Given this, I've not seen traps doing much (note: I may have not used some settings correctly). As such, I've not really been able to test bones.
4) Cave ins - pillars seem to work, but the cave in event passed so quickly I didn't see it, nor can I see a radius for a pillar (maybe by clicking on it?) that tells me a sensible placement for my dungeon.
5) Wizard with no spells?! Zzzzap!
Will scratch a little deeper when I can.
- Stop posting already --;
- Posts: 5497
- Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
- Location: Hey.... pssttt Back in Orgeon
I will have to do this next visit at library. I dld new javax64 but I have stripes. I probably have the newer version somewhere by its buried on portable drive. I need to organize.eggmceye wrote:I've fixed the black stripes
If you already have crypt wiz somewhere (the one with the stripes) download this: \
and then simply extract cryptwizard.exe and replace the faulty one.
Otherwise: new players, see OP!
- Tune in next time & see how they do it.
- Posts: 532
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:44 am
- Location: Finland
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo
Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
- Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
- Posts: 772
- Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:10 am
+1eggmceye wrote:HI HEIKKI!
eggmceye wrote:ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.
the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
- Tune in next time & see how they do it.
- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:36 pm
- Location: Earth
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....
-Ruki- His tribute song
making it multiplayer would be a terrible nightmare
Also there is an update coming soon: the mechanics have changed a bit and I have a bunch of non-random maps/missions made
Download link's in the OP !
Changes in build 11
There are a lot of big game changing changes: mostly for streamlining and just making the game more fun. Whether or not either of these 2 goals occurred time will tell.
MAJOR CHANGES for 2017
* added 5 playable scenarios that you should try out after completing the tute!
* removed requirement to reset barracks-spawner with spawnerskull - so now your army simply spawns all the time
* default AI of your army is to charge enemy portal blindly if they can find a path (now that they respawn for free) and the portal has been spotted
* scrapped turrets, but now pylons attack like turrets - PYLONS are now your defensive towers and your Farms
* wiz has auto ranged & melee attack!
* wiz respawning but delay in respawn time proportional to deaths
(this all adds up to more of a MOBA feel)
* disabled peon traits (they were all useless or annoying)
* disabled / removed coal
* scrapped iron / smelting
* armour is now bonecrafted
* sword is now bonecrafted
* disabled / cave ins
* buried items default shown but with ?
* scrapped infirmary