new map: matriarch's domain

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Re: new map: matriarch's domain

Post by Djanno »

Nice map and I liked the look of the mobs too. ;) Those elite are a fun suprise with their abilities! I got killed by a boss, so haven't been through the whole thing yet, just eastern half... Yep npcs/quests will be great when they're put in. :cool:
Djanno :smoke:
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

Kadence wrote:She does go ice drag for second part X-D unless there is more to it....
Ok, cool. She still is really weak compared to BQ though?

@egg, did the specials get coded the way I had envisioned them or did they get tweaked a bit?
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

what you envisioned wasn't always crystal clear :p
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ah have figured out the fangs not all needing to be gotten
the bit of memory used to note whether they are gotten or not is being shared by all instances, past and present :fp:
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Perhaps the fangs could gain their colors by being magically imbued with the virtues. That would explain the colors, and bridge the gap between moon stones and fangs.

Overall I enjoyed the map very much. It's quite a bit to explore! Thanks Egg and CIA.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

eggmceye wrote:ah have figured out the fangs not all needing to be gotten
the bit of memory used to note whether they are gotten or not is being shared by all instances, past and present :fp:
I didn't think this was an issue. I couldn't activate the barrier with 1 fang (I think... I played around too much exploring) and I know I can't with 0.

Does that fix two people picking up fangs separate of eachother (eg: one person has 3 the other 5) which is what I assumed to be the issue for bobby when he went through.
eggmceye wrote:what you envisioned wasn't always crystal clear :p
Ill work on that for next time.

What I mean is, as far as the general premise of her being a tank killer (IE her AS is > players DEF she deals true dmg)

Im going through the map right now and making a list of things. Im loving the little easter eggs you have put in places as well as the new mobs.

Ill send you the ideas in an email to keep them on the DL for if / when they get put in. So far Im not' seeing anything broken (other than storyline gaps for lack of quest keywords) just a few polishings here and there.

However for your viewing pleasure: Image
this was just kinda creepy

and a bug. Apparently it happened somewhere else on the continent too.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Ok I went through the map a few times today. Overall Im pleased with how it turned out. Some of the things Ive found follows.

bugs:
  • Black uses macrodaemons revenge even if halves are killed -not sure what's going here. I looked at the code again, and if I understand it correctly it should be working fine...
    I think I saw a few mino names on bosses, not sure though
    Instant log to bind town on DC
    Pulling aggro from other regions around Uni (my fault for map design I think)
    Matriarch runs her IP code from map load
Issues:
  • Fangs acquisition: it's a pain in the ass. 1 Time is enough IMO. -see ideas section-
    No TPs in matriarch area, on the peninsula and in the dungeons up to her (makes it harder)
    Matriarch is very easy. Would like to see her have the same stats as BQ to follow lore
    Local message: "All Fangs gotten" for every fang, every time.
    Elite Ranger uses Slice and Dice when not near players
    Currently only need to collect fangs to drop barrier
Ideas:
  • Fangs- Scrap secondary quest to go to the hideout to get the fangs. Make Upper Grian Followers Hideout
    Fangs- Move altars into caves, have fang spawn on kill to place on altar
    A few treasure chests here and there for exploration to be worth while
Todo:
  • Add Haurach backstory dialog
    proof-read books again
    rework lore a tad looked through the books in the map, the rewrites look good enough for now. Changed from a "necklace" to an amulet (makes more sense in my mind)
Last edited by CIAassassin on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rikimaru

Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

CIAassassin wrote:Does that fix two people picking up fangs separate of eachother (eg: one person has 3 the other 5) which is what I assumed to be the issue for bobby when he went through.
I had picked up every fang I'd found, but it's possible I missed one or two. Kadence was the only other person in the instance, and he hadn't picked up any fangs.

(I am Bobby in case that was unclear)
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Turtle wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:Does that fix two people picking up fangs separate of eachother (eg: one person has 3 the other 5) which is what I assumed to be the issue for bobby when he went through.
I had picked up every fang I'd found, but it's possible I missed one or two. Kadence was the only other person in the instance, and he hadn't picked up any fangs.

(I am Bobby in case that was unclear)

yea, I went through it today it doesn't matter if multiple people pick it up or not. As long as all of them are gotten you are golden.
Rikimaru

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Maybe intentional, but each of these holes lead to the same tile.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

intentional. It's a Y tunnel.
Rikimaru

Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Are fangs supposed to be required to get to the EM? Yesterday I was able to deactivate the barrier to get to her without any.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

you are supposed to kill the bosses as well as get the fangs currently.
Rikimaru

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Djanno wrote:Are fangs supposed to be required to get to the EM? Yesterday I was able to deactivate the barrier to get to her without any.
unfixed bug - only once per server load do the fangs need getting/activating - by anyone
it will be changed eventually so that each map run thru needs the 8 fangs activating
cia would rather have it per player (like a complete a quest sort of thing) I think ...
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

eggmceye wrote:
Djanno wrote:Are fangs supposed to be required to get to the EM? Yesterday I was able to deactivate the barrier to get to her without any.
unfixed bug - only once per server load do the fangs need getting/activating - by anyone
it will be changed eventually so that each map run thru needs the 8 fangs activating
cia would rather have it per player (like a complete a quest sort of thing) I think ...
yep. 1 time to get the fangs for a quest, then never again.

You will only have to fight the bosses again on replay of the map.
Rikimaru

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

when I get around to fix it (prob next week) I'll definitely consider doing it yr way tho it also definitely trickier
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

eggmceye wrote:when I get around to fix it (prob next week) I'll definitely consider doing it yr way tho it also definitely trickier
If need be Im cool with eliminating that aspect, and having the fangs spawn in the caves after you kill the boss (will remove that leg of the quest line). Ive already started working on the code for that with Shrike, and have reworked the quest dialogs for that option.

Ive also sent sev the package of quest dialogs for how it was originally set up, he said he'll take a look at them as well and try to polish it out a tad so there will be less work for ya.
Rikimaru

Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

CIAassassin wrote:you are supposed to kill the bosses as well as get the fangs currently.
Btw, right now you can skip killing the bosses too.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Djanno wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:you are supposed to kill the bosses as well as get the fangs currently.
Btw, right now you can skip killing the bosses too.
it's a known bug.
Rikimaru

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

* hopefully fixed MD bugs: fangs, dragons, macro demon revenge

you have to activate fangs each run thru - it's too hard otherwise (need to consider parties, etc)