retiring level 1000 pd characters

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

retiring level 1000 pd characters

Post by eggmceye »

Moving from PD to reg has been postponed indefinitely due to unresolvable server/class incompatibility and drama! Please do not bug me about it. The only thing I wanted was to free up the scoreboard, and moving chars from PD to reg was just going to be a headache.

However you can now get a free unbreakable permanent adamatium res stone at level 1000. The drawback is you will be removed from the scoreboard. Addy res stone is free to any level 1000s on PD that want them: simply reply in this thread with your char name and I'll put one in the mail.

The only way transfers will ever happen is if the following problems are resolved:
* multiclass non humans make an appearance on reg (unlikely - I thought about it but ultimately I'm not interested)
* remort is scrapped on PD (too hard)
* the general problem that reg people have with PD people (generally due to perceived levelling rates)
And I don't think any of these are happening or getting resolved any time soon.

Free adamantium res stone to anyone willing to vacate the scoreboard.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: retiring level 1000 pd characters

Post by Eclips »

I love the idea! I think all the perks should reflect the knowledge or skill you would gain if the circumstances were real. (IE you gained the status of a God in a mortal realm and transferred to a different dimension.)

I wouldn't mind getting put back to level 1, if we had a lifelong xp and skill gain bonus. It would also be nice if the skills given by Max were higher than average.

Rebooting us back to lvl 1 and letting us take the gear wouldn't help much, until around lvl 70+ when we could start using it again.

That being said, I'd obviously prefer being transferred at a higher level.

I think it would be cool if we got a unique perk, or could choose one from a selection from them.

--Juggernaut: Similar to phase shift, but instead of not taking any damage, you can't go below 1hp for the time limit.

--Bonus 25% to class Cap or can reach 125% of primary skill.

--Combat Wisdom: Perm bonus to crit chance (Or AS) and MR or ability to cleave through MR.
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

eggmceye wrote:On the table:
Retire your level 1000 pd character to reg. Ie move it completely. Gets it off the scoreboard and put to pasture.

one transfer option:
* on reg you would be set to (for arguments sake, let's discuss it) level 100
* unremorted, so you are over cap and should trimskill
* free respec to fix yr stats
* can't take any gear except what you are wearing

other options:
* start at level 1 on reg but with some or all skills maxed
* or start with some other perk you can't get anywhere else other than by getting to 1000 on pd
* start at level 333 (or whatever it is that is the equivalent xp/10 value)

post your ideas!

DAT'Z MY KANGAROO MAN!!! :heart:

I'm all for the idea of Xfering at a high level and with the gear i'm wearing.
I posted in the ideas thread too about maybe a title or OMFG SOMETHING given to the player, soul bound, that could be displayed to show they've Beaten/Accomplished , or how ever you'd like to state it, PD.

I am for the GEAR i'm wearing xfering, and we talked about the avys i've bought xfering too because they'd be in my inventory??? :geek:

So yeah, :heart: for ev making this thread by yourself ;)

-Colt
rakko2
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by rakko2 »

:mrgreen: i personaly love the idea of being at the most lvl 100 and moving with gear being lvl 333 or whatever is just well really kills the whole fight to get to use ur shit again . maybe u get to chose a perk or maybe u can just make a item ur bringing over better like say my mythic vamp broad sword vog +7 or 8 even or gear like 1 or 2 +s better or some shit but really dont want people starting at 333 then regs going to be jamed up with lvl 450s in no time LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON maybe send them to pd LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON no but really or u could make pd to reg chars cap 500 . or just hell no perk even im down with just being like lvl 100 with my gear i had ill work my lvls back up to use what i cant so what i cant use some of it till lvl 137 so ill just have to get 37 lvls a perk would be kool hell even if u make it to were we start at lvl 1 would be fine aslong as gear comes with and avys gear and avys is all i want dont care what lvl tbh well thats my thoughts on it if i have more ull know LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON peace ps ... the skills being maxed would be kool what ever u had gmed coming over to reg but that seams kinda cheese too considering it takes hella less time to gm it on pd
JUST CHILLEN AND KILLEN
rakko2
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by rakko2 »

another idea maybe go to a relm between pd and reg and have to prove ur self and if u get tho it then u go to reg if u die game over man game the fu** over that could be fun idea to work with :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
JUST CHILLEN AND KILLEN
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

/misses the old EmoMage. First to 1000.

...just had to open le big ass mouth.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I could probably retire emo to reg, since I never actually deleted that player file :2cool:
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

eggmceye wrote:I could probably retire emo to reg, since I never actually deleted that player file :2cool:

Oh lord :bs:
HAHAHA!

-Colt
Tristin
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Tristin »

My Thoughts
~basically everything has been mentioned ill only throw out my two cents LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.
*First of all In my opinion you should have to hit max xp on pd (beating it) before you can xfer which would show peoples devotion , it takes 1.999b xp to max out.

~two options for transfering.
~option A. Xfer to level 300 (maximum)
~option B. xfer to level 100-150 with the suit of armour you are wearing maybe without sigils dosent really matter either way.
~looking for feedback on the idea of a hall of fame with say the characters name and the day he retired?
~There arent many LOTLS out there but for belenidas and anyone else who joins him in the ranks of level 1000 lotl is there anything else that would make it worth retireing them , because it might be the same thing but it takes a hell of alot more work to level a lotl rather then 5 manning with a level 1000.

~~If ive forgotten anything i will post more but please gimme feedback on the idea's also as far as emomage goes you should ressurect his and FAWF's characters (due to the fact for Fawf that it was a vampire binding town glitch but thats just me) And make them hit maximum experience.

If you do res them just put them at base level 1k xp or whatever they were at :) thanks egg and thanks for everyones ideas.

EDIT~ maybe something for lotl's so more people have a drive to make them?
Im a jerk i know it egg knows it , deal with it. Babycakes is my biffle
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Why would you want to transfer to such a high level. "Herp derp. I'm level 300."

I like the idea of a raised amount of level in certain skills. Maybe keep the level at 100-150 where it's still fun and you can carry your gear and not have to wait so long from level one. Maybe the more I think on it, I'll come up with better reasons.
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Option A
-Transfer to level 150-200
-Take gear your wearing and all named weapons (seems fair?)
-Skills would be nice if maxed. (Maybe choose among 7-9 skills you can max?)
-Free stat respec
-Avatars that are allowed on reg transfer as well

Some fun side stuff for option a
-Small town only available to those who retired 1k
-Town might include some of the following:
1)A few portals to some important towns or dungeons (Extell's tower but less portals)
2)Some type of player housing that is improved from normal 50k house.
3)Merchant that sale something cool... maps at a high cost? pawn shop except cheaper? (Something cool but not game changing)
-Artifact/Named items glow a different color on character? (Something small like a title, belt, different mount or anything that can be seen to know their "retired 1ks". )

Option B
-Don't transfer
-Moved off regular scoreboard to 1k hall of fame
-Enable pvp to all 1k's and force them battle to the death. Winner wins immunity and has to 1v1 the next 1000 as they rise.
-If you die your reset to level 125
-Winner will have special avatar and title and also have access to secret merch who sells awesome shit.

Kidding with option B... not to be taken seriously

I'll edit later for better formed ideas... just thought I would post something while I have a break
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Tristin

Post by Tristin »

Sumter wrote:Option A
-Free stat respec

-Small town only available to those who retired 1k
-Town might include some of the following:
1)A few portals to some important towns or dungeons (Extell's tower but less portals)
2)Some type of player housing that is improved from normal 50k house.
3)Merchant that sale something cool... maps at a high cost? pawn shop except cheaper? (Something cool but not game changing)
-Artifact/Named items glow a different color on character? (Something small like a title, belt, different mount or anything that can be seen to know their "retired 1ks". )

Option B
-Don't transfer
-Moved off regular scoreboard to 1k hall of fame
-Enable pvp to all 1k's and force them battle to the death. Winner wins immunity and has to 1v1 the next 1000 as they rise.
-If you die your reset to level 125
-Winner will have special avatar and title and also have access to secret merch who sells awesome shit.

Kidding with option B... not to be taken seriously

I'll edit later for better formed ideas... just thought I would post something while I have a break

Anyways awesome ideas i love them i think we need some egg critique maybe xfer lvl 1k no gear to 250 maybe thats still too high and with gear 100- 140 so u can use gear um i also think to xfer u must beat pd which means 1k with all skills maxed and maxed obtainable xp? Maybe skills not for lotl idk
Last edited by Tristin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

?
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Adithmos

Post by Adithmos »

Sumter wrote:Option A
-Free stat respec

(Something small like a title, belt, different mount or anything that can be seen to know their "retired 1ks". )
This ^^^^^ .... all maxed skills being carried over wouldn't be fair so a certain number seems right
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

I think all skills maxed no reg isn't fair...and as much as i hate having to max them, that's literally just SO UNFAIR LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Though, i do like the idea of being levl 100-150lvl when you xfer and you also have you items you're wearing (Though, i have some named weps that i'd love to xfer over and i know i couldn't take them all since i can only equip 1 right??) :(

Other than that, i think that's enough for reaching 1k.
I think a title, specail mount like Sease stated would be cool if we couldn't get a belt or statue that's sould bound and just for show (meanig not stats or w/e)

End Conclusion:************

Xfer at lvl 100-150
You xfer with all the gear you're wearing/avatars that are in your inventory (Not a big deal, but we did buy them :roll: )
And like i said, the named weps on the characters should also come?? Regardless?? Because we bought them for the char :geek:
And, title, mount, statue w/e

^^^^^^^^^^^ ======== Happy Colt :lesson:

-Colt :rebel:
Tristin

Post by Tristin »

yeah that sounds like a good idea but i like the idea of housing for level 1k's that sounds like another cool idea tnx sease.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

eggmceye wrote:I could probably retire emo to reg, since I never actually deleted that player file :2cool:
Do you mind? :D <3 Can i keep all skills and the +30 stat shitz he was wearing? That'd be pimp shitz.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Plot twist: Egg wanted to see Kevin get so excited that he was about to piss his pants, but it turns out that he deleted the file long ago.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

OP updated
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Will lvl 1k lotls still be lotl on reg?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson