Why is the NG server deserted?

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Televangelist
How do I attack?

Why is the NG server deserted?

Post by Televangelist »

I just came across EUO, looks very interesting -- but the NG server in particular seems like a massive improvement on the game's formula. More flexible classes, use-based skill increases, etc. Why is the server deserted?

Also, I saw a post someone made mentioning "MapEd" -- does this mean we can create/edit our own maps for EUO? Is there complex NPC scripting?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Why is the NG server deserted?

Post by Keighn »

Who are you ingame?

As to why NG is usually deserted is simply that its easy to max out your alts there and then all you're left with is item searching. Unless you find items there is really no feeling of improvement so you start a new alt.

Mages generally suck ass on NG so that might be incentive enough for mage haters to play it.
ZUPS!!!!
Televangelist
How do I attack?

Post by Televangelist »

I don't really play MMOs for 'advancement' of stats/gear (the whole idea strikes me as kind of silly), so it appeals to me more. Is there anything you can't do on the NG server that you can do on other servers?
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

The level cap on the regular server is much higher. PD is even higher still but you could permanenty die.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Can't have a house.

Can't use guild halls/containers.

Can't go up higher than 500 in total stats (values are x2 though so in effect would equal 1k in stats). This is compared to max stat total on reg being about 2,750 or on pd about 5,075 in stats).

Can't brew alcohol unless you somehow have a house.

Can't be permanently killed which is good as that's what the pd server is for.

Can't have more than 300 total class skill points if nonhuman or 400 if human. So you really must customize your alt to be specialized.
ZUPS!!!!
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Not to mention that there's no constant ongoing battle to be better than everyone else on NG. Shit, that's why most of our high level reg players play in the first place. MMO egotists.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

There certainly isn't very much pvp on NG and there should be a lot.
ZUPS!!!!
aswin
How do I attack?

Post by aswin »

hi thanks for your information i am new to this forum
Televangelist
How do I attack?

Post by Televangelist »

ChrisCooper wrote:Not to mention that there's no constant ongoing battle to be better than everyone else on NG. Shit, that's why most of our high level reg players play in the first place. MMO egotists.
Really? This makes no sense... EUO isn't a "known" MMO, so it's not like anyone will care if you're #1 at it, in RL or on the internet. What's the point of playing, if not to simply enjoy experiencing the content?
RaynWisp
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by RaynWisp »

Televangelist wrote:
ChrisCooper wrote:Not to mention that there's no constant ongoing battle to be better than everyone else on NG. Shit, that's why most of our high level reg players play in the first place. MMO egotists.
Really? This makes no sense... EUO isn't a "known" MMO, so it's not like anyone will care if you're #1 at it, in RL or on the internet. What's the point of playing, if not to simply enjoy experiencing the content?
You better stop before I call the Papal Authorities and have you detained for heresy.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

1. I've recently saw something that nogrind might be going the way of the do-do?

2. Is this true and what will become of the alts? If they're transferred to reg (seems like a hassle) what will happen to like-named alts?

3. Should we delete reg alts if this happen or will they be overwritten?

What will happen to the old ng server then?
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm thinking about moving all NG alts to reg, making a NG a per char option during creation (bit like LOTL), then getting rid of the NG server - that's about as far as I got in my thinking
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I need to seriously trim my alts on reg. Might make it a tad easier. Maybe just delete all my ng alts. Its not like I earned any of the crap on ng anyways... I think people who quit playing just gave me their shit.
ZUPS!!!!