Ideas thread 2011

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Re: Ideas thread 2011

Post by CIAassassin »

Akyla wrote:Dual class > most races, in most cases.

Only reason I state this is for the simple fact races really need some kind of buff.
Well humans can go to versatility which is, in essence, a buff. I would like to see races become even more role specific. Right now they have a tendency toward a specialty but can be used in a few different ways. Even if there was negatives or varying degrees of a perk of being that race would make the game that much more fun.

Example:

Shadow Folk NV fluctuates with moon phases, IE full moon = +6 NV / new moon = whatever you have on +2
-or-
Shadow Folk suffer vision penalties when transitioning from light to dark quickly

This what I think of when I hear "shadow folk"
  • Auto stealth at night and in dark, except when fighting (activates 5 seconds after fighting)
    Suffer massive AS/Def/Speed/MR penalties when wearing anything heavier than light
    Move at full speed while stealthed
    +4 NV base, with fluctuating NV based on moon phase
    Increase in attack speed when in dark or in "shadows", ie edge of light source (>=5 blocks)
    Damage increase from gold weapons, or fire spells (hurts the eyes?)
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

CIAassassin wrote:Damage increase from gold weapons, or fire spells (hurts the eyes?)
Fire damage is every creature from drakes up. :-S
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

CIAassassin wrote:Well humans can go to versatility which is, in essence, a buff.
No such race can give heal or tactics bonus or magic spells or sneakiness. Whatever. While you lose 37 levels dual-classing, the 180 some odd stats you lose are worth it in most cases to get that heal or tactics, etc. No race can even compare to such strength. I mean really, dwarves dcan make mithril, but does it drop? So, mithril is pointless because adamantium or vampyy can be +9, while mithril cannot. Do any dwarves even wear mithril? (just one example)
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Akyla wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:Well humans can go to versatility which is, in essence, a buff.
No such race can give heal or tactics bonus or magic spells or sneakiness. Whatever. While you lose 37 levels dual-classing, the 180 some odd stats you lose are worth it in most cases to get that heal or tactics, etc. No race can even compare to such strength. I mean really, dwarves dcan make mithril, but does it drop? So, mithril is pointless because adamantium or vampyy can be +9, while mithril cannot. Do any dwarves even wear mithril? (just one example)
but then the real question is: are you truly role playing or are you trying to cheese the game to have the most powerful character to get standing on the leader boards? If there were races to which you were 100% specific to a class, and had benefits that would make them even more powerful for that specific role people would play them. People have done the "I'm a uber fighter / priest with XXX def and XXX AS and can whoop anyones ass." If the shadow folk were set up like the way I imagine them, more people (IMO) would play as them. That list was composed from my thought process with no brainstorm, I'm sure there are way more ideas out there that would make them even more rogue-ish. Maybe if egg allowed mithril to be enched up to +9 it would make it more popular, I have always been turned off to dwarves because of the "drink ale to get power" thing.
Rufio wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:Damage increase from gold weapons, or fire spells (hurts the eyes?)
Fire damage is every creature from drakes up. :-S
Untrue: shadow/blood mages don't cast VF, none of the warriors cast VF just to name a few. Also it wasn't like they get 100+ extra damage, like 5-10. Something noticeable and would add an element of tactics to the PvP game.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

eggmceye wrote:how to post in this thread
Keep it short and to the point. If you write a wall of text I will not read it. The shorter the better.

Post like this:
Polearms should be able to attack two squares away.
nuff sayd
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Aerie wrote:
eggmceye wrote: ...If you write a wall of text I will not read it. The shorter the better....
What we are doing here is called "brain storming" intelligent people do this to get to posts like that. So why don't you contribute something useful or just shut the fuck up you god damn sidearm moderating son of a bitch. Why don't YOU learn to read. Maybe we already know that he isn't going to read our post and we want to get the general ideas out to the game population to refine them and later put them out there as short, sweet and to the point posts.
Rikimaru

Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

if yelling at me is going to make you feel better, then go for it. i'm not moderating anything. i'm just sick of looking at novels when i got on here. the end.

post small like that ^^
danny
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by danny »

When I have a small idea I'll post it.
Bards use INT to choose to gain either correspondingly high STR or DEX depending on what blades they use, and chant a song to give themselves and their party a continual INT based advantage of their choice in combat.
Necromancers are the opposite of priests. They use level based magic to inflict various maladies on their foes while often using distracting summons that they can cleverly stalk through to devastate enemies with wickedly fast blades.

If those concepts are cool to anyone than reading HOW they do the things mentioned is worthwhile, that's all I can say :P
I usually log in as Toadie!
Akyla

Post by Akyla »

What's silly is people post ignorant comments which lead nowhere and people actually reply to these comments to make everyone's IQ lower.

Simply put: If you don't like you don't HAVE to read it nor do you HAVE to reply. Jeez. Who is the bigger dumbass?

On the other hand, we are not the ones to choose what/how/why Egg changes/adds something, Egg is the one. I wouldn't put too much thought into an idea until Egg says he likes it. Not trying to burst yer bubble or anything, ideas are what keep the game fresh and exciting. But I thought it might be wise stating if you want to get the ball rolling in the right direction don't throw the ball in any direction and let it keep rolling on and on and on. Quite possibly just save your info to a text file and place it as an attachment? This way Egg will be able to read the BASIC idea and click on the attachment if he would like to know more.

Just my two cents. I'm kinda tired of reading all this shit here too when this used to be a groovy thread to read. Keep it on topic and SHORT and SWEET (with attachment if need be?) Please?
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Akyla wrote:What's silly is people post ignorant comments which lead nowhere and people actually reply to these comments to make everyone's IQ lower.

Simply put: If you don't like you don't HAVE to read it nor do you HAVE to reply. Jeez. Who is the bigger dumbass?

On the other hand, we are not the ones to choose what/how/why Egg changes/adds something, Egg is the one. I wouldn't put too much thought into an idea until Egg says he likes it. Not trying to burst yer bubble or anything, ideas are what keep the game fresh and exciting. But I thought it might be wise stating if you want to get the ball rolling in the right direction don't throw the ball in any direction and let it keep rolling on and on and on. Quite possibly just save your info to a text file and place it as an attachment? This way Egg will be able to read the BASIC idea and click on the attachment if he would like to know more.

Just my two cents. I'm kinda tired of reading all this shit here too when this used to be a groovy thread to read. Keep it on topic and SHORT and SWEET (with attachment if need be?) Please?
You're right; when arguing with an idiot, from a distance no one can tell who is who.

You know what I'm done posting in this thread, if you honestly believe that this thread has changed how it has been added too then you are an idiot. I just read the entire thread and it is the same from beginning to end. Why am I going to post 4 different responses when I can just do it on one post. Also there have been numerous posts that have been substantially bigger than anything I have posted (including the responses to OTHER and multiple posts) and when I put a fully formed idea on the table it is still a very small part of the post. I never claimed that we were the deciding factor of what goes into the game, however posting half-baked ideas might turn egg off to it before it began, as might just posting the basics. A think tank is always better than going at it solo (in a word file) this is the idea thread, you put ideas out there and people either run with them to make them better or point out why they are bad from the ground up.

anyway, :deek:
Rikimaru

Akyla

Post by Akyla »

Eh wasn't trying to kill any ideas, like I posted earlier. Ideas are what keep the game fresh and fun.

IDEAS

*Fighters should be the only class allowed to BATTLE ROAR.

Damn I forgot the rest.
Akyla

Post by Akyla »

Maxing out weapon smithing, armour smithing, or tailoring is simply RIDICULOUS. It states in the manual I have to deconstruct certain tinted weapons or armors and use the materials so I can produce a crap item, even at 100% skill. Just bringing this up because it isn't even worth doing anymore. Monsters have MUCH better drops and it takes less time to find the items that can be crafted.
Dralos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Dralos »

Looks like CIA came out of inactivity to cus at everyone and flip akyla off.

You guys make me laugh.

Btw a new map for lvls 200+ might be nice. Somewhere in between the difficulty of CoS and BM maybe?

Idk i hardly play enough to know what people want nowadays. :P
LIKE A BAUSS

~JustChill~
danny

Post by danny »

Druids might work as a class that can lean towards any particular stat arrangement.
If they begin with a an INT based skill raised by fighting with a special druid's staff (primal?), they could use a low level ability of that skill to cast a 'weapon evocation' and make either a druid's axe or a druid's ranged weapon. So,
'savagery' - druid's axe fighting and barbaric skills. raises when using a druid's axe, but slower than a simple weapon skill but entails many more perks and abilities as it raises
'hunting' - druid's ranged and rogue-set type abilities. raises while using a druid's ranged weapon but, like with savagery, raises slower and adds many of it's own perks
'wildspeak' - druid's starting skill, it is INT based and combines a well expended mastery of taming with the ability to cast situation based spells from an array of environment, time of day, and the pet or pets travelling with you
I usually log in as Toadie!
Gildur

Post by Gildur »

CIAassassin wrote:
Gildur wrote:prolly mentioned before but here goes:
another area for players lvl 300+ other than the one we got, BM. doesn't have to be better or uber loot or anything, just different.
You trollin??

what you mean trolling? for high lvls there is only one area in the whole game even slightly rewarding/interesting when it comes to loot/exp and that is BM. alittle variety would be awesome.
my God, it's full of stars...
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

Akyla wrote:

I disagree, considering half the fighters don't battle roar, when hunting with Flames for example, I would rather have someone who is going to battle roar and be somewhat of a tank then non at all. I use battleroar all the time on my rogue, mage. Specially at doors is a good place to have it as a mage.
Last edited by xShawtyx on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Gildur

Post by Gildur »

xShawtyx wrote:[quote="Akyla"

I disagree, considering half the fighters don't battle roar, when hunting with Flames for example, I would rather have someone who is going to battle roar and be somewhat of a tank then non at all. I use battleroar all the time on my rogue, mage. Specially at doors is a good place to have it as a mage.[/quote]

I agree to disagree, battleroar is also great for taming, you can tame the same monster over and over again until you can move on as your tame % goes up
my God, it's full of stars...
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

danny wrote:Necromancer class
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* a shortsword melee class that uses dark magic to overwhelm foes before striking the killing blow
* skills: hexblades, 'ritualism', 'spiritism'
* necromancer spells are not INT dependent much like piety and divinity spells
* gains def bonus from light and medium armor
* hexblades - ability to wield a cursed shortsword and gain all the inherent ability's of the shortswords skill. blessed maces to maces is hexblades to shortswords
* change hexblades SDDO to 10%str/90%dex
* hexblade skill still grants title 'slasher'
* ritualism spells can be written on blank scrolls by a ritualist (witch/warlock?) w/ enough skill to cast the spell, the scrolls are soulbound
* writing a ritualism spell takes a small amount of hp depending on the circle of the spell (as they are 'written in blood' symbolizing the personal importance of the 'ritual' and symbolism involved in the nature of the skill)
* undead race can not bleed so they must be adjacent to a corpse to write ritualism spells!!
* ritualism spells can ONLY be cast from a scroll
* add QAW to necromancers spell list and give magery a new circle 6 spell
* ritualism spells:
  • 1, Yelm Quis - place curse - curses an item
    2, In Nox - power word decay - poisons target at range
    3, Des Grav - weaken - cuts nearby enemies' AS
    4, An Xen Lor - blind - blinds target at range
    4, An Xen Mani - sicken - induce sickness at range, possibly simple DOT effect for pvm if monsters cannot contract sickness
    5, In Jux - magic trap - leaves a hidden trap on a tile triggered when an enemy steps on it
    5, Quas An Wis
    6, Jux Por Grav - power word choke - induce choking status and hamstrung status at range until you move from your current space, possibly slight DOT with the same movement resriction for pvm if monsters functions are different
    6, An Yelm Sanct - dark shroud - all adjacent enemies take damage
    7, Sanct Quas - conceal - immediately hides you and all nearby allies. not invis, you still go out of hiding if you have no stealth skill and move. allows use of backstab for necromancers but would clearly have need of a small cooloff to prevent cheesing
    8, An Ort - silence - temporarily disable adjacent target from casting magical abilities
    8, Des Rel Corp - plague - inflict plague on target at range
* spiritism spells:
  • 1, Kal Jux - minor fear - causes adjacent target to flee in terror
    2, Kal Des - minor raise dead - summons a skeleton
    2, Ex Bet Lor - nightvision
    3, Rel Xen Grav - anger - you and nearby allies' rage gains 2x
    4, Vas Kal Des - raise dead - raises undead mobs based on level
    4, Des Xen Mani - dark force - casts heal other on all undead mobs or players
    5, Rel Xen Sanct - energy bind - costs 20% of your total hp. fully restores nearby allies' mana
    6, Quas Por - haunt - teleport to square adjacent to target, square based possibly on the direction facing when cast so they could appear 'behind' the target
    6, Xen Des Wis - bloodsmell - temporary ifravision
    7, Kal Des Grav - raise flesh scourge - raise a single undead champion w/ high physical attack
    7, Kal Des Ort - raise mind scourge - raise a single undead champion w/ high magical attack
    7, Vas Kal Jux - greater fear - causes all nearby enemies to flee in terror
    8, Rel Xen Yelm - pain bind - target temporarily receives the same amount of damage it inflicts on you and all nearby allies
Honestly this needs to be looked at seriously. This is easily one of the most efficiently thought out ideas ever posted on these forums for something to add into the game (i'm sure those of you along with myself who have been here long enough to know what I'm talking about will agree). I've read it and already told a few things to Toadie about what I think might be an improvement, but lemme assure you it was hardly anything (just one or two things I thought people would cheese which he's changed for this post I've quoted). The only other thing I think might need to be tweaked is the damage ratio of 10% str and 90% dex due to its difficulty for the char at lower levels. But this class would not be overpowered and would be SUPER fun to play. Honestly I would pay to switch Sandfire from rogue to necromancer immediately because this is the class I have been waiting for since starting playing euo. I'm sure many people feel the same way because everyone loves a strong rogue and a strong mage - this is like the perfect combination that isn't overpowered, just very balanced and great fun to play. Obviously I realize this is a ton more work for egg, but the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.. and this is one god damn elephant worth eating.

I guarantee tons of people would love to play this class.
Akyla

Post by Akyla »

New videos on the EUO main page. The ones currently there are bad quality and take quite a bit to load. Doesn't speak well for the game, IMHO.
†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

I was thinking people may want to buy a mount (for adamantium coins)that could fly faster then the drake for all classes? Or... Possibly make the bunny mount able to hop over 1 tile of water? to cross small rivers and what not ( only place this would be usefull that i can think of is a very small shortcut on the way to CoS on maeondir... which can be blinked or IP'd anyway) A new mount that could fly perhaps a Pegasus? (probably didnt spell it right but i meant a flying horse)