FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Jette
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Backstabs

Post by Jette »

So, I recently logged back on after a bit of a break, and after a bit of hunting and mindless player slaughter, I realized that backstab hitrate was decreased dramatically.

Here's what I found:

24/30 backstabs landed on newbie dungeon monsters. (rats, bats, green slimes.) ~80%

25/30 backstabs landed on minotaurs. ~a bit over 80%

40/60 backstabs landed on hydras and daemons. ~66%

10/30 backstabs landed on a player wearing robe. ~33%

3/30 backstabs landed on a player wearing field plate. ~10%

That's with 100 stealth. AS doesn't really alter backstab hitrate from what I've seen. Anyway, Isn't 33% hitrate a bit low on someone with no armor? I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this, though it's slightly rhetorical since only 3-5 rogues have 100 stealth anyway, and none of them actively play anymore. I would think at level 83 w/ 100 stealth, 80% hitrate against unarmoured opponents with 15% decreases in hitrate for each armor type upgrade. IE light = 65%, medium = 50%, heavy = 35%, field plate = 20%. People are constantly saying that rogues lame with bows, yet foils are quite possibly the worst weapons in the game now because they gain basically no bonus damage, and short swords are starting to head in that direction.
Sethron
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Sethron »

Small server patch with some interesting changes:

Code:

* if attack as UA when diseased, chance of spreading the disease: and flag as crim (10 mins)
* fix the diseased/level up halved stats permanently bug
* disable BS on PD for PvP
* BS: heavy armour save chance increased to 75% from 50%, med from 25% to 50% and light from 12% to 33%
* BS: for pvp, if attacker is lower level than target, target will save 66% of the time, before any armour check is made
* BS: can now backstab mob targets of up to 2hp per skill point (ie up to 200 hp).

24/30 backstabs landed on newbie dungeon monsters. (rats, bats, green slimes.) ~80%

25/30 backstabs landed on minotaurs. ~a bit over 80%

40/60 backstabs landed on hydras and daemons. ~66%
flat 20% failure rate on monsters, the 66% on hydras may just mean the sample size wasnt large enough (or theres an unknown backstab adjuster)
10/30 backstabs landed on a player wearing robe. ~33%
if they're higher level then you then that number is right on where its suppose to be.
3/30 backstabs landed on a player wearing field plate. ~10%
looks about right here too if the player is higher level.

Youre post just pretty much sums up one thing, Backstab is next to useless in pvp ... as it should be. If it were a good pvp tool, then it would have far too much cheese abuse.

I agree 100% with foils being useless. Having the bonus damage be 100% dependant on one stat severely hinders the damage it does compared to short swords, even though they may have a better overall damage ratio.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

great reply sethron :)

riposte (parry) for foils is coming soon, I promise~!
TheCycoONE

Post by TheCycoONE »

I've been looking for weeks now for vials so that I can process some of my fangs into venom; it doesn't seem that anyone has any or that any of the shops sell them so quite simply: how/where do I get vials? (not flasks!)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Only high level tinkers can make then and preserve jars. It's the sort of thing that a tinker would make and sell in their shop (for a shitload of money).

Ideally.
Jette

Post by Jette »

Actually, Seth, I had about 40 levels on the person w/ field plate, and the unarmoured person was ColdFire... so I think I've got like 7 levels on him. But anyway, I guess it's kinda irrelevant now. I checked the dev journal to see if he had already put a code snippet in but I didn't see, so I guess it was just in another post. Thanks for pasting that, though. 2 more questions. 1) Do the armor saves apply to only body armor? or all armor types? (Gloves, boots, etc)
2) Considering unarmoured was not mentioned, that means there is no save modifier right? If so, why would I only hit 1/3 of the time on someone w/ no armor that I have levels on?
Shugo

Here it goes

Post by Shugo »

what are the copper and zinc ores for, and if they are for smithing, what are the requirements to use them? And what are the new uses for the Saw and the armorers hammer?
"With a keen I for details, one truth prevailes."-Jimmy Kudo
Extell
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Extell »

Copper and Zinc are for making brass for brass sheets.
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!
Shugo

ok

Post by Shugo »

but what level in mining and smithing do you need to make brass sheets?
Extell
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Extell »

You want us to hand you everything on a brass platter or something? Geeze!
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!
Shugo

ports

Post by Shugo »

are 26667, and 26668 the only ports?
Shugo

oh yeah

Post by Shugo »

and whats with all the stupid cotradictions in PD. For instance, resurection scroll. And Merch contact. (im not sure if pet scroll is in Pd or not) but i thought i saw it, why, if your character is just ganna diie seconds later, Seriously though, you guys need to re think some of the PD stuff.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

^^^

Good riddance to one of the most annoying posters ever.
Veris
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Veris »

This has probably been answered elsewhere, but
I'm on a tight scedule atm... So, how do I make
brass/silver sheets?
"ayem nyut ay weetawd, ayem joost speshle" - some idiot
Recover
How do I attack?

MapEd

Post by Recover »

I made a map in MapEd and then i just wanna know how do i play the map ? do i have to make a server or what ?

Thx.
..:: Own Me ::..
Nick
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Nick »

Send it in to Egg for approval.
CONFUSION! Merchants live under the counters, Bathe in the fountains and crap in the well! SIMPLE! -Kodiak
Recover
How do I attack?

Post by Recover »

Okey Thank you
..:: Own Me ::..
Ryvaeus

Enemy drops Res. stone?

Post by Ryvaeus »

Hi all. My first post, compelled to create a forum account due to what just happened to my character in the alpha/no grind server. As we all know, permadeath is active in there, although each new character is alotted two unsellable, undroppable resurrection stones to protect them from an untimely demise. Supposedly, those two stones you get at the beginning are the only two you'll have on alpha. Imagine my character's surprise when he found a resurrection stone as a monster drop - from a goblin in the newbie dungeon, no less. As a side note, Coin (his name) is a treasure hunter build as well. :keke:

If someone would care to enlighten me, I'd like to know whether this event was one of utter fortune or due to a bug. If it's luck, then for sure there will be other instances of it happening, which personally I would side against (it *is* to be permadeath, after all). If it's a bug, then it'll hopefully be the last.
Last edited by Ryvaeus on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AileTheAlien
Here for the lesbians.

Post by AileTheAlien »

Actually I found one dropped by a troll in the bottom of the Nordhausen dungeon.
This supposed to ocasionally happen, Egg?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yep, they are found on mobs, but VERY RARELY tho :bandit: