FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Azalynn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:50 am Is there a way to make an item not show on your avatar? I am not a fan of how lutes look and on my bard she looks like an asshat. If not can we get this added?
Probably not the solution you want, but monster avatars and some of the oldschool player avatars don't show weapons/equipment being worn.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

LaughingCoyote wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:16 pm
Azalynn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:50 am Is there a way to make an item not show on your avatar? I am not a fan of how lutes look and on my bard she looks like an asshat. If not can we get this added?
Probably not the solution you want, but monster avatars and some of the oldschool player avatars don't show weapons/equipment being worn.
Well yeah, i know the arms command exists too which is what i use but just saying.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't recall if the timer shows after relog. I'll check.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't recall if the timer shows after relog. I'll check. Nope! It does not show on the screen how much time left before you can use the mirror again.
ZUPS!!!!
Trippy
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Trippy »

I noticed you can't name artifacts anymore, is that because of the artifact set bonuses? Also, I have a set of named frenzy gear just missing the helm, if I wear it with a normal frenzy coif will I still receive the set bonus?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

just checked the source and having your items named (by you) shouldn't stop you getting a set bonus.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

What did the Xmas fishing lure actually do?

Now it does this:
It no longer works, but sure makes a nice hat decoration!
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

if you used it you got the "XMAS fishing lure" buff, which let you catch exactly one "magnificent fish" (which I suppose can't be gotten anywhere else)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't recall ever using it until today. Guess i missed the boat or i did use it and don't recall.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

How often does mithril weapons trigger their Mana cleave ability? Do you have to have a certain % in your weapon skill? Will mithril tinted staves trigger mana cleave via spells?

derp.. i should read the manual more:
Mithril
Mithril is an ancient dwarven metal discovered by the ancient dwarf loremasters in an age long ago forgotten. Mithril is only crafted by dwarven armourers.

Weapons:

mithril weapons have +25% dmg like adamantium (all races)
when a dwarf crits with a mithril weapon, a 5 sec MR cleave is inflicted on the target
NON-Dwarves gain only the +25% better defense of normal armour.
Armour:

Mithril armour has +25% better defense of normal armour.
gives 10 points of Magic Resistance and a further 10 points of Magic Resistance for every +1 defense (dwarf only)
Note: While anyone may wear Mithril armour only dwarves retain the magic resistance bonus.

Only dwarves have the innate ability to detect mithril ore.

Still, spells can sometimes crit too right?
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

So, I was looking at priest in my mind today and was curious about the flame strike spell. it took a little searching since the manual omitted some details:
Priests
Priest is a new hybrid fighter/mage class with roots firmly in classic priests/clerics from you know what (I can't say it out loud: it's copyrighted). Priests don't really need to pump points into int - but they mostly need it for mana. The DoT spells are not resistable, and flame strike does bonus damage based on your level (however higher int means it will affect higher MR mobs, usual story).

Priests get 2 schools of magic + blessed maces. The 2 schools are Piety and Divinity. Piety is unchanged, except it loses AXC (turn) which has been moved to divinity, while it gains 2 buff other spells, basically reworkings of the health scroll.

Divinity school is about blessing yr weapon, finding curses and getting rid of them, id-ing, detecting traps, damage over time spells for bad guys, 2 summon spells and one mass damage spell.

Blessed maces is something I agonised over ... I was going to explain it all but can't be bothered now - it might be in the priest thread in dev forum, I can't remember. All you need to know is, that for a priest to use a mace (and not turn into a fighter) they must first bless their mace. Bless is a circle 1 spell called Uus Yelm - casting it blesses your equipped weapon, but only works on maces. BTW, a priest with a blessed mace gets to use the special moves, including thunderclap.

Piety spell list
Same old piety, minus AXC. It's all healing and curing now, and has gained 2 buffs:

fortitude - Uus Mani - 4th circle
buff any creature or player for +50hp, wears off slowly

improved fortitude - Vas Uus Mani - 8th circle
buff any creature or player for 75+the caster's level

Don't forget: XM and XVM are ranged now ! So the priest can just sit back and heal away and absorb the party xp while drinking a cocktail. :nightshade: They can also do Damage over Time at range, and summon insects just to be a pain. Read on.

Divinity spell list
bless weapon - Uus Yelm - 1st circle
Takes any equipped mace and blessed it, allowing you to fight like a cleric and not a fighter!

uncurse - An Yelm Quas - 2nd circle
Just like the uncurse scroll, but now it's a spell

power word pain - An Mani Tym - 2nd circle
A damage over time spell - bit like bleeding

summon insect plague - Kal Hur Xen - 3rd circle
Summons 1 to 3 insect swarms. They are levelled proportionally to the caster level, so maybe this spell will always be useful. Just for fun, the swarms are summoned on a ranged target. Welcome to Egypt heathen!

identify item - Wis Yelm 3rd circle
Just like the scroll

protection - Sanct Jux - 4th circle
Just like the scroll - but no +5 def - can be cast on anyone

detect traps - Wis Jux 4th circle
This is a neat spell. It gives the caster for a short duration the ability to see traps. Trapped chests look like frozen mimics, traps on the floor are marked with the fire-ward cross and any hidden-cursed item on the floor appears cursed when you look at it or hit alt.

truesight on self or other - Wis Quas - 5th circle
lasts 10 mins (so does the scroll now)

turn - An Xen Corp - 5th circle
unchanged from piety but probably needs work

banish - An Kal Xen - 6th circle
will remove any evil aligned clone or summon without fail within a radius of about 3-4sq

summon sword golem - Kal Xen Des - 6th circle
summons a levelled sword golem to do the dirty work for you

divine hammer - In Ort Yelm - 7th circle
Will probably need a nerf. Enchants and soulbinds any equipped blessed +0 mace to the highest max + (up to 6), works on any material - will definitely need a nerf.

flame strike - Flam Grav - 7th circle
blasts a 3x3 area at range - dmg is scaled to caster's level, not INT

greater power word pain - Vas An Mani Tym - 8th circle
another damage over time spell, does more damage though

from viewtopic.php?p=64608&hilit=flame+strike#p64608

I was doing a little testing on pd with two level 1ks. I don't know if remort is a factor or not. It isn't a great test as Hephaestus is a dwarf and Cedric is a draconian. The race bonus seems to apply that dracs have. Gear seemed unimportant. AS gear didn't make a difference, obviously stats didn't nor tint of weapon while casting or weapon period.
Endgame for Cedric is around 400+ dmg and Heph is 300+ dmg).

Things that seems to apply:
Racial damage bonus from Dracs.
Bard song +10%
Frenzy Suit bonus

Exactly how much damage per level is gained with this spell? I really don't have a clue.

EDIT ---
Further testing on alpha.

More Damage:
Ok, staff also helps damage but your mace does not.
TINT helps
Uber Tint helps
Jewelry of AS help
Sigils seem to help

I can't say if uber tint jewelry does much. I didn't see a lot of difference.
Lute of int helped oddly, and more than lute of AS.

Naturally, none of this affected monk aspects.

top end game damage i could manage was 634. I don't think i can top that. Casting time is a bit slow which is ok. What annoyed me was casting corpse explosion and the damn wait to just cast and get off the flamestrike. I watched and oak didn't seem to make it go any faster.

I tried the spell queueing thing and gotta say.. NOT really a fan. I couldn't get it to que more than 1 spell and it did it only once after initial cast. I'd like to hear from casters who masterfully use this. I was hoping i could get it to alternate and do corpse explosion then cast the flame strike.

I rather liked various MMOs that had hot bars (games really are just hotbar clicking once you lock on targets so little skill other than timing your specials) where you can chain abilities together. A chain menu and then hotkeying that chain would be pretty cool for that c..c..c..co..co..COMBO!!

At least that bike ride I had cleared up the idea of the spell in my head and testing it opened up how I can maybe min/max it. Mostly, I was going to make an explosion loving toon.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Messed around with golems. I had to look at what they got:
viewtopic.php?p=96282&hilit=golem#p96282
eggmceye wrote:
player GOLEM race
* 5x mr
* 2x def
* 0 mana all the time
* cannot eat or drink pots, but beer is ok (think bender from futurama), however they don't get the benefits from beer as dwarves do
* immune to choking, poison, drowning, bleeding

more races to come on alpha, stay tuned
I don't know if this is the same formula currently or not. Now, I tried my highest toon who was a necromancer with all INT at lvl 950 and turned into a golem. I was in croc form at the time so I had about 25k MR (22K mr not croc as i saw a river depolymorphed and couldn't turn back because 0 mana rule).

Survivability in EPIC TOLS. Well, kind of depends. I still saw some mobs who's low dmg output was still high and doing 175s. at 16k mr a 2x2 black dragon was doing 750s and XC from epic balrons still did 2k+ since unaffected by mr. As Mobs whittle you down, even with a regen belt and vampy weapons... you start to take a huge pummeling. Get surrounded and they can take you out. Now that's epic mobs on an epic tier map but golems aren't indestructible there. Pretty much a no go for my current toon I'm messing around with. No fire attacks. It is pretty OP in the MR department. I actually think the mr is 3x atm not 5x but I don't really know. Still, a no go even on alpha (which i only test crud on anyway).
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

What is the chances to proc your enchants with weapons? Obviously it depends on 1 or 2 handed, or its based off attack speed or something. Anyone know?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I must be an idiot. I can't figure out how to use the grappling hook to hook stuff.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Patiently awaits mithril thread and leather next patch. Dwarves drool.

Is Mithril still trumping be in making stuff? I guess I’ll check the wiki manual.
ZUPS!!!!
SpekkoF
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SpekkoF »

Is it a bug or a feature that pets can steal your daily boss?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I thought a pet killing it counted similar to how it can find an res stone or Diamond coin.
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

From discord, copied here for reference.
Swifty:
Does anyone have any idea how dodge works? Like what does the 100 dodge on the ns set actually achieve?
And the interactions between wearing a foil + buckler + dodge. On a rogue. Like does 1 take priority? Do they actively all work at their respective %s to mitigate dmg?
In my experience, block takes priority, dodge and riposte are some sort of chance after that. Assuming the block roll fails then It goes to dodge? If dodge fails it’s a riposte. Probably wrong. Seems that way though.
eggmceye wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:20 am block is checked before dodge - both are chcekd before any dmg is worked out. then parry is checkd if damage assigned, and rposed checked if parry successful
so re dodge : it's easier to post the srouce code but will try and simplify it: it's a random number check, from 0 to D - where D is anytrhing from 300 to 1000. the higher your dex the loewr D is, and it bottomes out at 300. so for optimal dodge the rnd number is between 0 and 299. if that is < 100 then you dodge - ie, 1 in 3.

now the nightstalker 100 dodge bonus: that 100 is subtracted from your roll. whic makes your roll between -100 and 200. which means 2/3 of the time you will dodge, up from 1/3 of the time. I feel like after writing that out that the set bonus is too good - but there it is. I feel like it was meant to be dodge 1/2 the time. also +dodge 100 - yeh it's really confusing gibberish, much like most of my euo maths. like it all works but it's always wonky
maybe i can rewrite it so it's easier to explain & document and also add bonuses to
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Parry over riposte? Sometimes people forget about foils parrying also.

Block
Dodge
Parry
Riposte

Hmmmm….. sweet stack. Now go get that addy buckler +10.
ZUPS!!!!
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Is there any specific reason why boneweave gi legs and gloves are not craftable? Can that change in future or such possibility is definitely ruled out?
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]