Ideas thread 2024

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Ideas thread 2024

Post by eggmceye »

NCHiIuS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Ideas thread 2024

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Pretty please increase party cap. Feels bad when there are 6 players on and that one person has to miss out on the party.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Kalanium
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Kalanium »

Activate door tiles to knock mobs behind them and inflict a half second stun

Ability to board severely injured pirate ships, spawning a small sized random instance with beefed mobs, the basement of ship has random # of chests and rarely an npc that sells one-off items(like the pawn shop) for treasure maps or a ridiculous amount of gold ingots.
Lifeisaparty
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Lifeisaparty »

Happy new year, Egg!

Can LOTL pretty please get a storage of some kind in their home (and only their home)? Something like one chest per character called a lotlchest, sold at the lotl house merchant. Make it like 1m gold! Lotl has nothing else to do with gold anyway but give it away.
Any other character trying to access that chest gives a message like "Only [character name] can access this lotlchest!" trying to make another gives a message like "You cannot make another lotlchest with this character! /movelotlchest [chestname] if you want to move the lotlchest, or turn off lotl!" Something like that, anyway.

Turning off lotl would still only allow the character name to access the chest, so they can empty it and remove it if they want.
For deleted characters, remaking a lotl character with the same name still lets you pick up any items by that character, and should solve the issue, but if the character gets deleted the chest could too and just drop everything on the spot? If that's doable.
Names getting taken will require DM intervention I suppose, though.

I want to make another lotl character, but I don't want to keep making new accounts and taking up house locations to do so.
2 lotl characters on the same account will either leave a massive pile of junk that will lock people for hours or be so unorganized even I don't think it'd be fun to sort.

I don't think it would change gameplay in any way outside making lotl homes less of a newbie trap with piles of 800+ garbage that will lock you up if you (L)ook at them.

Pretty please it would be such a massive quality of life upgrade, please at least me know if it's not possible so I can stop asking for it.
I'm not very social.
NickNerdface

Post by NickNerdface »

Barbarian - the manly chad subclass of Fighter
An incredibly popular class and archetype, using rage based raw power to get through the challenges presented before them.
Anyone with at least 10% Barbarian skill deals a hefty amount of extra damage with 2H weapons, to encourage the use of 2H weapons or dual wielded 1H weapons.They can also gain benefits from Unarmored defense much like Monks do. Tanking Stance does not have the 50% damage penalty when you have at least 25% in Barbarian.
Barbarians have 'spells' much like Monks do. Whether or not they're stackable with Monk stuff is up in the air.

Aspect of the Wolf: Charge will rush to someone currently targeted and Charge restores a big quantity of HP. Charge also becomes free.
Aspect of the Bear: Much more defense, much more MR, attacking any enemy generates aggro within Battle Roar range. Attacks naturally Wallop and hit everything around them to generate even more aggro and do more damage. Maybe don't have Wallop do 1/xamountofenemies damage around though with this on?
Aspect of the Hawk: Nightvision +6, flight enabled when hitting 100 Rage, deactivates upon hitting 0 Rage
Aspect of the Tiger: Faster attacks and extra AS. Charge is targeted but won't restore HP. Charge also becomes free and has its flavor text changed to 'Pounce.'

Upon hitting 0 HP, Barbarians with at least 50% in the Barbarian skill enter Death Rage automatically, in which they have to kill enemies or die trying in order to stabilize themselves. Death Rage's durability is dependent on how much Rage one had to begin with when entering Death Rage. If it's 100 rage it lasts a full 30 seconds, and upon slaying a single enemy Barbarians will rally and recover. Participating in an assisted kill with a party member counts.

When a Barbarian Aspect is active they generate extra rage too. A half-orc Barbarian, a D&D 5e favorite, would be a fantastic class choice. Half-troll Barbarians would also get the damage benefit from their Dual Wielding. One could even make a reasonable Zealot Barbarian by hybridizing with Priest, or a true warrior of nature by pairing it with Druid. You're supposed to be up front, fighting, so get in there and tank!
Kalanium
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Kalanium »

Augments/Mutations

Augments would be rare tints for sigils, creating either a proc effect chance on dealing damage, receiving damage, or alter the way a spell or ability behaves(examples: monk seize could pull all creatures to him in a certain radius, execute could create a low duration, stackable buff, that would raise their base damage by a %, Xen Corp could become balefire(see D&D 3.5e), etc)

Mutations would come at a chance from receiving damage from a hybrid mob or a new 'mutant' mob(similar to the way a werewolf can inflict lycanthropy). Mutations would be a mixed bag, in most cases they would put the player at a disadvantage but some mutations could be beneficial. Vampires would be restricted to only a few mutations, and lycan immune cannot get any. Each mutation would take up 10% of the player's class cap under a new class known as mutant which cannot be trimmed or limited.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

LOTL are hobos. They don’t know what storage is. Waaaay back before trailer park housing we just tossed shit in every town, arena, etc. We are lucky enough to squat in our account houses and toss rubbish on the floor. The rubbish is comfy for sleeping too.

It’s a wonder rubbish on the floor doesn’t spawn bugs and rats.
ZUPS!!!!
Lifeisaparty

Post by Lifeisaparty »

Keighn wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:04 am LOTL are hobos. They don’t know what storage is. Waaaay back before trailer park housing we just tossed shit in every town, arena, etc. We are lucky enough to squat in our account houses and toss rubbish on the floor. The rubbish is comfy for sleeping too.

It’s a wonder rubbish on the floor doesn’t spawn bugs and rats.
Ha I get that, and I agree tbh. How about instead we just get another player home location/map so I don't have to feel bad having 3+ player homes. Cuz that's the problem I want to solve.
My piles of crap are nicely organized so it'd be more a hindrance than a help getting a one-off chest anyway. X-D
I'm not very social.
NickNerdface

Post by NickNerdface »

Taking the RNG out of pet evolutions! Right now drakes randomly evolve into various dragons and if you don't get the one you want you've got to try again. Instead of RNG deciding which dragon we get, why not have usable gems decide what type we get?

Upon a drake hitting level 25, it could display a message saying that it's ready to evolve. You can use various gemstones to have it become the type of dragon you want.
Diamond: White
Onyx: Black
Emerald: Green
Fire Opal: Fire
Sapphire: Blue
Ruby: Red
Zircon: Ice
To make it more difficult it could need Polished versions of the gems.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You can have multiple player homes? Hearth stone must have huge issues on multiple alts. When I use a hearth stone it binds all hearthstones to that spot until I use it on another spot in my house. Sure, it is a trailer park house but still.
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

NickNerdface wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:55 am Taking the RNG out of pet evolutions! Right now drakes randomly evolve into various dragons and if you don't get the one you want you've got to try again. Instead of RNG deciding which dragon we get, why not have usable gems decide what type we get?

Upon a drake hitting level 25, it could display a message saying that it's ready to evolve. You can use various gemstones to have it become the type of dragon you want.
Diamond: White
Onyx: Black
Emerald: Green
Fire Opal: Fire
Sapphire: Blue
Ruby: Red
Zircon: Ice
To make it more difficult it could need Polished versions of the gems.
EUOKEMON! I choose you, Charizard Fire Dragon!
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
NickNerdface

Post by NickNerdface »

LaughingCoyote wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:42 am EUOKEMON! I choose you, Charizard Fire Dragon!

Be careful what you joke about, there's Eeveelutions that evolve based on being happy in certain areas. You might get the game checking if the drake is happy in, idk, Snowy Island to make it an Ice Dragon or something!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

The drake’s wings fall off and it jumps into the water becoming a sea serpent.

THAT’S BRISSSSKKKK BABY!!!
ZUPS!!!!
Kynt
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Kynt »

The one LOTL friendly QoL suggestion I'd give is to be able to pick up multiple items at a time from a pile, similar to dropping where you select 1 or all of up to 10 item entries, since normally you pick 1 entry and the menu closes.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Piles of debris should spawn rodents and flies and maybe slime and bats and spiders. Critters love making nests in junk.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sometimes I think rage is a terrible thing to waste and that if you are raging and not using it should go up beyond 100%
White - up to 100%
Yellow - up to 200%
Orange - up to 300%
Red - up to 400%
Purple - up to 500% max.

Sometimes you wanna release a whole slew of special after saving. And naturally rage declines the same as always when calm.

Can anyone tell me if all rage modifiers stack fast and what percent increments?
Music
Half orc
Runed
Dunno if there’s more?
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Necromancy is very difficult to train from 0% because Summon Undead is circle 1 and you only get 1 summon slot (at that level). It should be switched with Dark Ritual (which is currently circle 2).

Also makes sense thematically, you have to ritualise your unholy weapon before you can summon an undead.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Keighn wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:10 am Can anyone tell me if all rage modifiers stack fast and what percent increments?
Music
Half orc
Runed
Dunno if there’s more?

What it says on the tin...

Music: +10%
Half-orc: +15%
Runed: +33%

You forgot khaki.

That's about it. They should all stack asfaik.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I’ve never calculated the rage bar per hit with each and if high or low damage made a difference. At one time I thought bar went up 14% per hit no matter what. I’d like some hard stat calculations. What about off hand weapons like for dual wielding rogues or half-trolls? Does second hit also increase rage? I guess I’m thinking about :mad: beserker/barbarian :knife: builds or FOTN monk :rebel: continual pounding or some slicey dicey rogue. :bandit: :yoshi:

These smileys don’t get used enough. They should be imported to discord. Er wait.. that costs $$$ nvm.
ZUPS!!!!