Ideas thread 2022/23

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2022/23

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:28 pm - p sure glass-reflected dmg is scaled - it should be up to 50%
Throw on a glass set and go stand in some shadow warriors, if it is meant to reflect up to 50% it may just not be doing the math right? I dunno doesnt seem to work for me with full glass 10 + glass tower 10, if its working as intended, its still just not great then haha
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I swear I don't drink of do drugs....

.... but if I did I wonder if my posts would be more outrageous. Thank the gods spring is here and I am slowly adapting to the outside light.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Was talking about grapple hook and I started to think of Rygar the video game and chasm and batman, castlevania. If there were special hooks around here and there that you could use your grapple on.. it could pull you across like a swinging motion. (be instant when you grapple mobs or charge though). Just more utility for that ol hook.
ZUPS!!!!
SpekkoF
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SpekkoF »

Draconians should get some kind of a nifty buff when polymorphed into a dragon.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Im not sure with the last patch but since IFH is now the spell on Flamberge, does this mean that IFH can be rolled on random artifacts? That would be cool. Ice wind would also be a cool thing to add to the randoms, even adding XC but super rare maybe? I honestly think XC on a weapon wouldnt be the craziest thing, but if you want to keep it mage specific that also makes sense.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Lifeisaparty
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Lifeisaparty »

An interaction I think would be neat between vampires and blood wyverns:

If a blood wyvern hits a vamp with their blood drain spell, it reduces a vampires hunger by 10% and reduces the cooldown of bite by 60s(?) (Maybe the cooldown should be shorter or the hunger drain more.)
A semi buff, semi nerf. It would make sense to need to refill on blood when a wyvern drains it and when fighting many using the blood drain spell for it to make a vampire completely drained of blood.
Could also increase the chance for the wyvern to use the blood drain spell against a vampire though I have no idea if that'd be even doable let alone easy to implement.
Something to think about, though!
I'm not very social.
Lifeisaparty

Post by Lifeisaparty »

Another thing I thought of, I'll make it separate.

Bring back NV gear! Every +10 NV gives +1 range to bows and spells. Or maybe every +15 or 20. Allow us first strikes on mobs as casters at cost of defense or offense. Or better pulls as monks. Or better heals as priest, letting the support hang back further?
Lime potions and white potions depending on how they work may conflict?
But I want a reason to use NV gear again and this seems like a way to bring it back.

Vamps deserve more free NV imo instead of whatever we have now, I think +2 or 3? Feels like nothing for a hunter of the night atm, +5 might be better without being too much? I guess it doesn't matter much.
Or even reverse NV for vamps? More during night, less during daylight? That'd be pretty cool I think and fit vamps pretty well.

Just a spitball idea for NV.
I'm not very social.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I believe the wyvern is draining life out of the target. A super XMP AOE. XEN MANI POR ir vampyric bite leeches lift or blood OUT OF targets. If anything, it is a wonder it dorsn't put vamps into the hunger and eventually starvation mode being drained. A vampire Wyvern would be horrible.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Azalynn wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:27 pm Im not sure with the last patch but since IFH is now the spell on Flamberge, does this mean that IFH can be rolled on random artifacts? That would be cool. Ice wind would also be a cool thing to add to the randoms, even adding XC but super rare maybe? I honestly think XC on a weapon wouldnt be the craziest thing, but if you want to keep it mage specific that also makes sense.
I still think the Grim Reaper artifact was supposed to have XC instead of KXC. Summon daemon or death? Whaaaaa?

At one time couldn't you USE your enchant to cast the spell instead of swinging and hoping. Perhaps it was an old bug.

More wands or scrolls with disposable spells would be cool.
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Can we take a look at one handed weapon numbers? It feels really, really bad to lose 30% damage from using a 1h + shield vs 2h as a fighter. This is also my resurrection of the horse to beat to death again advocating for half trolls to get some sort of boost or rework (or just adjusting 1h damage numbers fixes the issue)

I totally understand that 2h should edge out on doing more damage but i do think losing berserk stance and also having a worse dps average vs a 2h weapon just feels bad to lose twice every single swing.

I could be wrong, im kinda stupid.

Also i know it was just added but can we get the option to get rid of the "attacked but nothing there" message?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

🙏 to all of that.

dual wielding on half troll doesn't feel remotely competitive to any other race with 2h's. I get not everything needs to be competitive but it feels bad using 1h's comparatively.

Not sure if half trolls or 1h's need rebalancing, if not both.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

And or just give beserker stance "faster fighter weapon attacks" instead of "faster 2h attacks"

That would also solve lots of the issues that are currently an issue.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Azalynn wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:51 am And or just give beserker stance "faster fighter weapon attacks" instead of "faster 2h attacks"

That would be pretty awesome tbh.

Is faster speed enough though? You take more damage. I dunno why you can't deliver a bit more damage. It doesn't have to be a lot.

I'm also unsure if off hand can proc or not in polymorph form. I thought i could but I don't think it does. Actually, I'm not sure non-staff procs at all in polymorph form or just goes off like non-polymoprh.

I had a thought on the gems:
Amethyst - vs. paralysis/sleep
Diamond - general magic (which is uh AM, VAM, like spells)
Emerald - poison magic
Fire Opal - fire magic
Onyx - necromantic magic
Ruby - blood magic (vampyric magic)
Sapphire - cold magic
Topaz - lightning magic
Zircon - vs Clone magic (I dunno why I always look at zircons as cloned diamoneds
As stated now: ruby
plain +20% resist fire
polished, add +20% dmg to fire spells

sapphire
plain +20% lighting res
polished, add +20% dmg to OG/VOG etc

diamond
plain +20% resistance to regular (arcane?) magic (ie not fire, vamp or elec, cold. XC is vamp btw)
polished, add +20% dmg to regular magic

I wanted to added onyx (black dragon) & emerald (green dragon) but couldn't settle on the buffs, so they're on hold. Obviously weapons and armour could be socketed for various effects in the future.[/quote}
Colorless zircon is known for its brilliance and flashes of multicolored light, called fire. These zircon properties are close enough to the properties of diamond to account for centuries of confusion between the two gems.

Zircon occurs in an array of colors. Its varied palette of yellow, green, red, reddish brown, and blue hues makes it a favorite among collectors as well as informed consumers.

Zircon is a popular gemstone because it is available in a variety of colours and colourless, faceted zircons have been used as a substitute for diamonds. Hyacinth is the name of gem-quality zircon that is yellow-red to red brown and starlite the name given to blue, heat-treated zircon. Zircon is sometimes confused with cubic zirconia, the synthetic crystalline form of zirconium dioxide (ZrO4), that can be cut and used as a gemstone.
So, Cubic Zirconia is what I have been thinking as the clone. Still. We have food that has prot vs it so I'd stick with certain food. Though, blue was lightning res on dragons so perhaps sapphire should stick.
I really think Fire Opal should be related to blood magic.
Sapphire To Cold Magic (if we ever get cold magic as yeti aspect & cone of frost seem to be the only ones I see and only mobs/monk have those)
Topaz for Lightning
Diamond is fine
Ruby for Blood Magic
Onyx for necromantic magic
Green (well, poison wind does do damage now)
Amethyst vs Hold/paralyze/sleep magics Perhaps it makes your own more powerful and lasts longer.
Zircon vs clone magics. Your clone would be that much stronger if you use those same percent values.

fire opal just screams fire though. Maybe topaz doesn't seem right though being a November month birthstone it could be cold. In the end, the player is going to use the corresponding polished gem no matter which you attribute it to.

Now... where's our cold spells?
Where's more spells on weapons?
Where's that increased aspect damage for poor little monks? Slapping mobs for 15 magic damage.. BLEH.
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Keighn wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:16 am
Azalynn wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:51 am And or just give beserker stance "faster fighter weapon attacks" instead of "faster 2h attacks"

That would be pretty awesome tbh.

Is faster speed enough though? You take more damage. I dunno why you can't deliver a bit more damage. It doesn't have to be a lot.
I dont know if it is enough to be fair i just know it would be much better than what we have currently in game. Using one handed weapons feels pretty bad in comparison. Obviously using a shield is supposed to be the more defensive option but when you lose damn near half your damage to wear one, that feels terrible in my opinion.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Azalynn wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:39 am Can we take a look at one handed weapon numbers?
who's this 'we' that you're referring to ?

(i also note you're one of about 2 peoeple who had anything remotely nice to say abt the last update so I guess you get away with it)
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:15 pm
Azalynn wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:39 am Can we take a look at one handed weapon numbers?
who's this 'we' that you're referring to ?

(i also note you're one of about 2 peoeple who had anything remotely nice to say abt the last update so I guess you get away with it)
The "we" im referring to are the people who i associate with on PD, the same dudes ive been playing with for 10 years. I understand youre a solo act with the game, wasnt talking about your team, but just the dudes who play the game.

The last update was great, huge fan of the direction and was overall great for the game, thank you once again.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Ideas thread 2022

Post by LaughingCoyote »

eggmceye wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:11 pm
LaughingCoyote wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:09 pm Expand tinkering so you can craft jewellery and tinted jewellery. Necromancers and Enchanters can create rings but tinkers can only do gold rings atm.
other than for the sake for completeness I don't really see why - even tho it's a really easy thing to add
This was so long ago that I can't remember the impetus, but I'm pretty certain it was for completionist sake.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
syfr

Post by syfr »

Here's an idea for ya egg, a bit of a revamp to Necros bone rain or perhaps a druid/bard

--- revamp bone rain ---
- toggle/channeled at around 1/4 the normal mana cost per second (or give about 1/20 the mana cost per second, but add mana cost per target?)
- 7x7 area on self (no animation)
- enemies in the area get a "Rain Of Bones" debuff applied/refreshed consistantly that lasts 3 ticks of damage. (if you walk away itll keep doing damage for a couple of damage ticks.)
- bone rain animation shows on targets while they are debuffed

bigger area, marginally less lag. more consistent damage. less screen clutter (maybe i could finally retire VOG to play a non mage class for farming low tier mobs x.x)
syfr

Post by syfr »

While im on the idea of necromancers...

why is a summoning class (at least classicly a summoning class) so bad at useing summons?

--- Summon undead ---
- longer duration or a way to make simi perma minions from monsters slain? (killing mobs grants x% chance to revive a tier lower of the same race or something like that)

it needs something to feel like its worth useing over just being a hybrid and casting vog :fp:

--- Giblet golems/corpse explosion ---
just make channeled abilities that apply the debuff to enemies nearby, theyll be used far more, and channeling multiple spells could easily drain your mana, so theres still a purpose in not useing them all the time.

--- command death ---
i dont wanna say "why cant i self cast this" but since i cant self cast it, why not give a lesser buff to yourself when self cast?

---------------
just feels like its lacking in some regards, still love necros, but why not make them feel more like a necromancer?

Edit: I get that the summons scale with your character, but if you can summon lich/undead lord, the spell becomes almost useless. the minor summons they make fill your summon slots with demons and random trash mobs that do no damage.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

wow, rude :fp: :uhh: :bs: