druid thread

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: druid thread

Post by CinisterD »

Eclips wrote:Let druids synergize with werewolf and Drake forms.

Werewolf -druid action is Ferocious Bite. 150% attack damage. 300%if below 20%health. Heals user if dealing killing blow.

Drake Form- Flame breath.
I really like the notion that a druid would be more in control (or more capable) while in werewolf form than non druids. I think this is a great idea.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

eggmceye wrote:re spamming speak w plants on dead trees
I tried it, and I don't see how it could crash the server: maybe just fill your screen with garbage. Could you be more specific with the symptoms? in any case, it might need some restrictions. there is no point to it tho, it's just flavour. maybe 1/10 chance to summon a ghost ....
I think summoning a reaper onto the dead tree would make more sense. Reaper's are twisted spirits inside of tree forms. Can't recall the exact lore atm. When reaper is where tree is you can't recast speak with plants on that tree until reaper is killed. Gets rid of ghost spamming if that's a thing atm. I haven't gotten that far yet.

So bunny form isn't mostly dex for a rogue build?
Kinda wondering what bunny does atm.
Croc bruiser
Bunny speed
Hydra magic clearing int dude

I only just noticed this.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Keighn wrote: So bunny form isn't mostly dex for a rogue build?
Kinda wondering what bunny does atm.
Bunny allows travel at max speed basically - but I would like it to shift dex to rogues but no joy from egg.
Atm a rogue/druid with a dex build can shift to str and int (basically tri-classing) but no other combination can as there is no druid polymorph form that shifts stats to dex.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, they are fast. I have not done much adventuring yet as i just got 100% in both skills. For a pure druid or priest/druid i dont know what stat allotment to go with. Are soells int based or level based? Im not sure if priest spells are int or level based tbh. Hell even necro gives me pause. Theres been no guide written yet. I always make at least a few pures of different raves, a few remorts and a few mutts. Druid looks to be an excellent mutt class mix as ive used croc with a few other classes. A damn life saver croc can be at low levels. Its an awesone skill for survivability and i think it makes a newb character pretty fun tbh if you mutt it with another class or two. Heck, i bypass priest mani for croc on a lot of tests because im a heavy bandage yellow type player.

Bunny has no druidry special attack though?

I havent gotten a bong yet either. Big tree doesnt say nothing to a lvl 1 with max skills. Next up is other vegetation including potted plants. There are no active gardens in euo. Sure with there were towns with free community gardens to plant and cultivate. Id then try talking to thise plants. Guess ill grow something on reg when i get the time.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Some say there should be a rogue dex build polymorph. I don't know. Consider Wisp and Bunny. I believe their AS scores never go above 5. The snakes bite isn't poisonous but it doesn't need to be as its poison spittle is deadly. I'm surprised wisps are weak with the 5 as. If it was the same as in humanoid form it seems like it'd be good. Maybe, since wisps have been tied to the spirituality shrine/stone all stats are evenly distributed between str/dex/int. As to dex build. I just don't see what you'd put it on.. Zorn? Rabbit? If you have 5 as you can't backstab if going for that type of build. The dexterity wouldn't make a difference. Everything seems to work great except I believe if you are overburdened while in shark form you start taking water damage. Seems like you'd just move slow since you can breathe underwater.

Rather loving the pure druid build on pd and it gives me and idea for reg play. I already know from vids that druid/necro is aces.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

So, while under the influence my forms are different? Is this just cosmetic. I hope there's something more to it like a boost to be doped up. HA! that'd be cool. Still its interesting.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sharks need a frenzy bleeding or cleaving attack while in shark form for druidy attack. There aren't many water areas to fight in but no special makes them barely more combat worthy than a bunny.

Bunnies have no attack special though perhaps dodge would be fitting. You also can't stealth run as a bunny (you're much slower).
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Azalynn wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:56 am Here is another little snip of the hunt i did but this is shortly after the first clip. - https://youtu.be/xC704eSvLEg

After doing these and rewatching these in slowmo, im pretty sure your staff enchant is procing off of corpse explosion as well.

Youtube may had made it not work in your country due to me forgetting i had music on.
did thsi get patched out? i tried to recreate the same thing i did on video pre druid release and the snake form spray doesnt proc either IJO or VOG for me. Apostle tried it as well to no avail.

If not, can we see abotu getting this back to how it worked? haha
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Azalynn wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:40 pm
Azalynn wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:56 am Here is another little snip of the hunt i did but this is shortly after the first clip. - https://youtu.be/xC704eSvLEg

After doing these and rewatching these in slowmo, im pretty sure your staff enchant is procing off of corpse explosion as well.

Youtube may had made it not work in your country due to me forgetting i had music on.
did thsi get patched out? i tried to recreate the same thing i did on video pre druid release and the snake form spray doesnt proc either IJO or VOG for me. Apostle tried it as well to no avail.

If not, can we see abotu getting this back to how it worked? haha
Des figured it out, cant use a shield, any other off hand works but if you have a shield it WILL NOT proc the enchant
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Ice Tomb- Deals ice damage to mob and paralyzes them. Opportunity to combo with other spell effects (attacks have chance to shatter low health targets, but attacks reduce duration of paralysis -ie the ice is getting chipped away)

Ice Wind- the spell already in game

Fog of War (or Up in Smoke, if you wanna stick to the stoner theme) 3x3 box of fog is created around caster, ranged attacks/spells vs targets in AOE have a chance of missing.

Smoking too much out of your bong makes random NPC's appear as town guards. Visual effect only to show your pot induced paranoia.
stegos

Post by stegos »

I know I'm a little late to the party...

Thanks for the druidy stuff. :-)
eggmceye wrote: I know it's the most obvious spell in the world but I'm trying to avoid summoning plants and/or tree golems
unless something funky can be done with them, but there is enough summoning already ...
Summon plant like summon creature? Scales with skill or level? There would have to be a hierarchy of plants. Summoning a cactus or potted plant, heh. Summon tree would simply be a temporary barrier.
LaughingCoyote wrote:Also, do druids have a designated weapon?
speed wrote:Staff, isn't it. That's the whole point of the transfer enchantment on staff spell.
Eclips wrote:Doesn't heavy armor slow magic casting or something like that?
I guess druids have the same sort of weapon and armor as mages, staffs and cloth armor?

Also, is there a place in the manual that lists what equipment and armor goes best with each class? I seem to have lost it.
- the true heart of ultima... is virtues and all that hippie crap - eggmceye, 2-jul-04
- Sorry would be the day that Stegos does not have some ideas, even bad ones. - me, 26-oct-05
- K goin back 2 Erth now ... - Morthwyl's Dino, 27-nov-07
- Level-up tax - the BEST gold sink! - me, 9-jan-09
- Stegos said it best... - Akyla, 21-sep-04
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Good q re class equip:

If you check the manual index page (https://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Main_Page) each class now has it's own separate manual page ... but a discussion of what armour & equip is best for each class is probably not there (in each class's page). It's almost a build question though as I think armour choice isn't necessarily co-joined at the hip with class (correct me if wrong everybody). So if it's more of a build/personal choice, it would only go into class page in manual if it was a no brainer decision, and otherwise be discussed in the builds forum https://forums.swut.net/viewforum.php?f=18 . Re

staffs: druids work well with enchanted (eg vog) staffs, and they also get the mana & cooldown discount that magery/sorc gets when casting with staff equipped
stegos

Post by stegos »

eggmceye wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:14 pm To convert to druid, ie, to get some skill points in druidry and polymorphism simply head to Izumi and talk to Daria and Trent.
eggmceye wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:11 pm you can talk to daria and get some skill points & spells, and the tomes will drop
Where are Daria and Trent? Can't find them in Izumi. I'd like to get some more druid spells and can't remember how I converted my char in the first place.
- the true heart of ultima... is virtues and all that hippie crap - eggmceye, 2-jul-04
- Sorry would be the day that Stegos does not have some ideas, even bad ones. - me, 26-oct-05
- K goin back 2 Erth now ... - Morthwyl's Dino, 27-nov-07
- Level-up tax - the BEST gold sink! - me, 9-jan-09
- Stegos said it best... - Akyla, 21-sep-04
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

They're now located in a small map thats a few tiles south of mino halls.