Ideas thread 2022/23

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Ideas thread 2022

Post by eggmceye »

I don't think I've ever played that mapset thru (I didn't make it) - and I don't really know about the reminders, but I think I know what you are talking re the blue NPC at the end. I might take a look, and glad you had fun. That mapset was probably made around 2005.

edit: yes the very definition of unfinished :fp:
ksnip_20221002-094603.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vovin
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Vovin »

X-D

Didn't want to post the guy itself to keep it spoiler free but there he is (not that the natural progression of enemies did not indicate what the beast would be already).

I believe at the start one sets off looking for a minotaur king but maybe I took a wrong turn. There is an "ear boss" at one of the turns leading the grunts.

Speaking of ear bosses. An idea I had was that ears could have some tiny but real bonus to some stat to increase the player reward (i.e. giving an excuse for grinders to have fun being the completionists they want to be and making the completionist experience lower in the pain of "why am I doing this" for increased enjoyment). My first thought was 1 HP per ear but maybe that makes the game way too survivable on top of all the other goodies. About 108 HP max according to player stats page.
Vovin

Post by Vovin »

Minor: For a more immersive LOTL experience, perhaps " smooth cut file" could be added to the manufacturable tinkering tools? I understand it is purchasable (somewhere at some ingame merchant I suppose, just found about it in the forums).
Vovin

Post by Vovin »

Signposts on the way to the blue guy (past the fork that selects between this one and the minotaur) state "the master" is vulnerable to silver. Maybe that's easy to introduce if you get around to making that npc red.
SpekkoF
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SpekkoF »

Vovin wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:29 am Minor: For a more immersive LOTL experience, perhaps " smooth cut file" could be added to the manufacturable tinkering tools? I understand it is purchasable (somewhere at some ingame merchant I suppose, just found about it in the forums).
My merchant sells smooth cut files for a modest mark up. Merchant search is an underrated tool in quest completion.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I guess before I forget I'll post my 2023 Ideas which are basically what I've mentioned before:
Server ideas:
NG
Raise class cap up by about 100
Raise stat cap up by 1,000

PD
Let nonhumans get up to 200% class cap
6 stat points per level instead of 5
When you remort your level number drops back down to 1 and erases your xp.
Uncap levels. You hit 1k so keep going or stay retired.. your choice.

Reg
Uncap Levels the sky is the limit. Have fun.
Use the PD leveling method of alt f2 to level up s,d,i or med at sagacity, vitality, versalitiy (since those three shrines are more mid tier)

Items:
Tinted and AS gloves add to damage for weapons
tinted belt of attack also adds to damage
Offhand of attack not only incrreases AS but damage as well.
Class cap equips. Maybe some items that have a class cap bonus to them up to say +50% (pretty rare).
Increase Stat items up to +50 or hell even +100
Craftable bullets and tinted bullets
Craftable magic arrows and bullets up to +5 to allow enchanting VF
Craftable Freeze shot arrows
Craftable Lightning shot arrows
Craftable Exploding Arrows (le Rambo Flam Grav explosioin) [bonus would be knockback from explosion and stun like Hollywood movies and A-TEAM)
Craftable grenades like those road warrior motha fuckas! YEAH! MORE A-TEAM. bonus is also knockback and stun... KA BA BA BOOOOOM BABY!

Craftable Vampire arrow / bullets: Vampire Dust (bring back the dust from killing vampires, blood from blood extractor that requires vials used on mobs, bone dust, blood moss, black pearl. Craftable via Necromancer since they need more craftables (90-100%)

Craftable Blood extractor so you can extract blood (needs vials)

Potions:
Crystal Potion - pump 3 times like a purple potion to increase magic resistance (each use maybe +100 MR)
Iron Potion - Pump 3 Times to increase Defense maybe +10 def per use)
Lightning Resistance Potion - same as the above but +10% lightning resistance
Fire Resistance Potion - +10% fire resistance
Blood Resistance Potion - +10% blood magic
Cold Resistance potion - +10% cold resistance
Poison Resistance potion - +10% poison resistance
Improved Green Potion - longer poisoning of weapons
Improved Orange pot (mob stays asleep longer even if hit)

NEWBIE ISLAND:
There's some weird mysteries going on there with all the hidden bones and room of alien eggs and more bones and torture instruments and WTH?!?!
Be nice to be able to fish, mine, and log on newbie island and use a raft in the dungeon not that you'd have one (well, maybe if you found the proper tools in the chests and just kept looting them or a mob dropped a tool then maybe you could end up making a raft).

PETS:
Raise level limit to level 100 or 200 or more.
Option to NOT have pet Evolve. maybe I want a level 200 imp or cow.
When pets Evolve their level goes back to Level 1
Allow them to equip weapons
Golems able to get Lasers from apoc dwarves.
hmmm... Golems with Rocket Launchers
golems with miniguns.

Mounts:
Craftable Mech Warrior Golem 2x2. Hellz yeah EuotopiaHAMMER 6,000

Classes:
Druids craft spiked/barbed potions works like the barbed weapons for a limited time.
Thorn rod missile weapons (yeah thinking of Vogels Geneforge here) launch thorns on your enemies
craft thorns of various tints.

Bunny form needs a druid action. I dunno... bunny cleave like Monty Python. HOPPY FOOT PUNCH confuses mob with all that fluffy tail in its face. or blinds it. yeah.. too much fluff in the face.
Shark needs druid action so yeah bleed and cleave since it is jaws.. unless you want it to have swallow hole like the plant mob. Why don't we get those? I wonder if you can tame them? or speak plants to them.

Cross Class special use (assuming you are both classes and have the reqs)

MONKS:
ASPECT DAMAGE SCALES ACCORDING TO LEVEL. The 20-40 damage from drake/hydra/yeti is pretty terrible. If this changed to scaling like how magic enchants do then monks would be good to go. (well, and its a pity when medding we don't get a huge spirit ball to release in a radious around us for damage as that's just classic DBZ.

uh.. damnit.. I knew I'd forget some shit. Oh well.

edits.....
Cursed fishing rod fishes up monsters more often esp Crabs (we don't see those enough unless you decide to make crab nets to go fishing to get crabs). Dare it fish up the Kraken or Huge CRAB? mmmmm.. Yesssssssss NO?

able to sset up spell chains with 1 button that does them in succession to the chain... ie.... i cast entangle then druid action or aep, vog xc
or izh xc

edit again ----
Bring back the lower library map (It isn't even in maped.. awesome map to explore though tbh, a library labyrinth is even better.. well if you could actually search bookshelves).

Hydra's Island needs to be opened up again from lower Nordhaven. the Nostalgia.... great map. I remember spending many newb days down there.

And speaking of searchables, we need a lesser version of what the ladder does but on reg/pd/ng. LOTLs would love it but items need to be toned down and chances more rare.

Sky blue potions. another Yes.
Tamables:
Spiders
Snakes
Nox Mephits
Quasits
Succubi (not sure what they want)
Frost Daemons
Fire Daemons
Fire Drakes (only evolves into fire dragons...)

Maybe we need frost drakes that evolve into frost dragons?

Ok, pretty sure that is it..... for now.
----- edit again:
More BR tools:
Sieve
Pocket Knife
Saw
baking Dish
Meat Skewer
Golem Repair Kit
Bucket (ebony)
Scissors
Sewing Kit
carpenter's hammer
Bonecrafting knife
Smelting Tongs
Smith's Hammer
Armourer's Hammer

That probably covers them all (I mean what would a br sextant do? or Grappling Hooks?)
I should know better....
Climbing Skill ... naturally at 100% you never fall. God I hate falling and reattempting.
While we're at it... Mining different tints pop out different potential zorn (mithril.. adamantium, blackrock blackrock, copper copper...... sometimes a Zorn swarm of like 3-7 zorns.)

Instances sub menu - Shows that clear of that instance and how long it took.
Ears (x how many you collected ear)
Inn/Switch characters in game.
Inn can hire up to 4 of your alts to party up with you (computer controlled - you can switch to controllable leader by /switch [charname]

Fountains:
Drinking from void fountain removes all conditions and effects
Radioactive Fountain - Poisons you for 600 counter
Blood Fountain - Makes your attacks vampyric 600 counter
(other fountains I'm not sure what they are or if they exist)

To Remember ALL the Players (and their iconic ALT/username) Someone should construction
The Hall of Players (EUOtopian Legends) Oh I dunno.. working title on all the players that played and esp the contributers (includes the creator). This could be a pretty cool creation and the Museum has needed something extra anyways. And there are players that have passed away as well. A Great remembereance.

Surely.... it is good?
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Keighn wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:39 am NEWBIE ISLAND
Succubi (not sure what they want)
Smelting Tongs
Smith's Hammer
Armourer's Hammer
It's possible for an existing character to make it to newbie island. If you don't know already, it's not too complicated

cum

if you have old blackrock tinted crafting items, they work functionally the same. I haven't had one break. unsure if it's anecdotal and it's still possible or the game checks if the items have a blackrock tint before rolling if it can break (or something like that). I think I have spares, you're welcome to any BR tools I have duplicates of.
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Re: Ideas thread 2022/23

Post by Heniek »

Would be awesome if equipment runes would also bind keybindings, specifically special moves - I was kinda dissapointed when I found out that after I switched weapons with hotkey I still need to change special move binding (example slice and dice to aimed shot) manually.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Either remove rad maps or give the other parts of the world their own maps, I love the old maps but it feels super bad to do them knowing that it would be just more efficient and beneficial to do the brown stone maps. Let me run Ana endlessly again! :geek: Also, add an epic to Anathema pls

This is not necessarily an idea more so a suggestion, VOG on PD gets wildly out of control in comparison to the other enchants. I am not sure the formula but you could nerf it by 25% or even 50% and it still would be far and away the best enchant. We could use like a damage reduction with each bounce or just a straight up nerf.

Or just buff the rest of the enchants to be worth using damage wise comparably with VOG,that might even be the real answer here.

Ive been pretty excited about reflecting damage lately, heres some ideas.

Make reflect damage based on the amount of damage that they do to you so it could be scaled as you fight harder monsters. It would also be cool if the damage actually scaled with your defense + the damage they do to you, there is no other mechanic in the game like this, could be pretty interesting!

Making shields spiked is cool but make it stack with glass for the ultimate retaliation for shields!

For foils make riposte (since it does damage back to the attacker) proc the tint on your weapon as well as enchants. This would be super cool with barbed or runed weapons!

Make glass lutes reflect damage (and magic) like shields do, you could make a really cool retaliation build with these two things!

Add a "enchant" spell in magery, adding 20% fire damage to your weapons/spells. This would give you a real reason to muticlass any melee with mage! Essentially giving them a 'stance' to make their abilities have a chance to cast IFH especially cool since there are no enchants that are IFH!

This also could be a solution which was previously mentioned in an old ideas thread about melee necromancers doing very little damage in comparison to casters, give them a 'stance' or whatever you want to call it that acid sprays!

Also, make the Flamberge artifact IFH instead of VF, you can basically just craft a Flamberge at the moment which makes finding one feel real bad

Edited - combined posts to reduce spam
Last edited by Azalynn on Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Vovin wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:24 am Signposts on the way to the blue guy (past the fork that selects between this one and the minotaur) state "the master" is vulnerable to silver. Maybe that's easy to introduce if you get around to making that npc red.
it says he has a weakness "for" them, not "to" them - so it could mean he collects silver cutlery :whistle:
Vovin

Post by Vovin »

eggmceye wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:31 am
Vovin wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:24 am Signposts on the way to the blue guy (past the fork that selects between this one and the minotaur) state "the master" is vulnerable to silver. Maybe that's easy to introduce if you get around to making that npc red.
it says he has a weakness "for" them, not "to" them - so it could mean he collects silver cutlery :whistle:
X-D I suppose it is a good warning so that the hero can keep his silverware safe from pickpocketing around that guy.
Vovin

Post by Vovin »

I was a bit disappointed to see that lava prophets had disarm removed. Even bought an equipment rune ahead of exploring apoc after reading the forums X-D

They give really good XP for the lack of byte they pack. Maybe reduce the XP they give or bring back disarm? How easy did people want it to be back in the day? X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

when did they ever have disarm? can someone else confirm/deny
Vovin

Post by Vovin »

According to this they had:

viewtopic.php?p=86800#p86800

Removed:

viewtopic.php?p=86830#p86830
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

thanks for doin the research :aus:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Removed? Then why have they been disarming me left and right every time they have a foil equipped? Or are all of them supposed to have disarm? You might want to fight the ones with foils a little more. I'm pretty sure I've been disarmed a lot. In fact I will check. It is why i bought an equipment rune to begin with.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Surrounded myself with 4-6 of them with foils and turned combat messages on. I didn't use a shield and smacked them a bit and let them hit the hell out of me They never disarmed. Yeah, prophets are idiots with foils. But they are good with cleave, aimed shot, blood bolt, thunderclap, etc.
ZUPS!!!!
Vovin

Post by Vovin »

So I just heard in-game that "back in the day" you could stumble upon a pile of gold worth millions from someone dying.

I could be cool if a random piece of equipment from any high-level-enough char, upon death, would be "lost" for a random amount of months, become named after the deceased, cursed for flavour, and dropped roughly in the vicinity of the death until someone finds it. Maybe in a mob. Fun idea? Too much hassle with the system perhaps.

Scorpions too easy as well of course :P. Chests in road warrior map were probably intended to be inside the buildings (with the traps perhaps leading to some occasional death to colour the list). Maybe could be reduced in number.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LaughingCoyote wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:09 pm Expand tinkering so you can craft jewellery and tinted jewellery. Necromancers and Enchanters can create rings but tinkers can only do gold rings atm.
other than for the sake for completeness I don't really see why - even tho it's a really easy thing to add
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm not quoting them but that's a good (end of year) post by keighn and not a bad post by az :aus:

az, two things:
- riposte can bleed (not guaranteed tho)
- p sure glass-reflected dmg is scaled - it should be up to 50%