Ideas thread 2022

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Ideas thread 2022

Post by eggmceye »

I don't think I've ever played that mapset thru (I didn't make it) - and I don't really know about the reminders, but I think I know what you are talking re the blue NPC at the end. I might take a look, and glad you had fun. That mapset was probably made around 2005.

edit: yes the very definition of unfinished :fp:
ksnip_20221002-094603.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vovin
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Vovin »

X-D

Didn't want to post the guy itself to keep it spoiler free but there he is (not that the natural progression of enemies did not indicate what the beast would be already).

I believe at the start one sets off looking for a minotaur king but maybe I took a wrong turn. There is an "ear boss" at one of the turns leading the grunts.

Speaking of ear bosses. An idea I had was that ears could have some tiny but real bonus to some stat to increase the player reward (i.e. giving an excuse for grinders to have fun being the completionists they want to be and making the completionist experience lower in the pain of "why am I doing this" for increased enjoyment). My first thought was 1 HP per ear but maybe that makes the game way too survivable on top of all the other goodies. About 108 HP max according to player stats page.
Vovin

Post by Vovin »

Minor: For a more immersive LOTL experience, perhaps " smooth cut file" could be added to the manufacturable tinkering tools? I understand it is purchasable (somewhere at some ingame merchant I suppose, just found about it in the forums).
Vovin

Post by Vovin »

Signposts on the way to the blue guy (past the fork that selects between this one and the minotaur) state "the master" is vulnerable to silver. Maybe that's easy to introduce if you get around to making that npc red.