Ideas thread 2021

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Ideas thread 2021

Post by eggmceye »

what is to stop a monk using a staff now? they are classless. did you mean to suggest better monk staff specials?
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:08 pm what is to stop a monk using a staff now? they are classless. did you mean to suggest better monk staff specials?
Maybe having a monk classed staff special, like a sweep (3x3 around your character) or something, i think that sort of thing would be cool to see. I should had clarified, my bad
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

And just functionally they dont work as a monk. You cant throat strike or sleeping fist, obviously cant quivering palm, it just doesnt work. Also, staves scaling is wonky as fuck. You have a 50% dps loss going from katar+knuckles to dual staffs with the same skill level and of the same quality weapons. Staves are oddly slow without the damage to show for it.

Most of their issues are just staves issues in general, not only using them as a monk (which mechanically does not function with the monk class)
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Agreed.
Staffs are just bad in their current form. Slow, terrible DPS and as Az said they functionally don't work with Monks right now (throat strike & sleeping fist). Which to be fair they were probably never intended to since they are classless.
An AOE special would be amazing because monks are in much need of any AOE they can get, imo.
But I'd take any type of special + staffs being reworked to be better.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

It would be really cool for priests to have a paladin type feel, give them a thorns type aura that it reflects damage based on your defense! You could make it a stance and require a shield to be used. It gives real use for defense gear and shields to have real value and use! You already have VAMT which is a consecration type ability, being able to go into that whole class fantasy would be really cool. :lesson:
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Azalynn wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:19 am It would be really cool for priests to have a paladin type feel, give them a thorns type aura that it reflects damage based on your defense! You could make it a stance and require a shield to be used. It gives real use for defense gear and shields to have real value and use! You already have VAMT which is a consecration type ability, being able to go into that whole class fantasy would be really cool. :lesson:
I love this idea, auras (stances) to buff/debuff would be sick in addition to what Az said.
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Azalynn wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:29 pm
eggmceye wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:08 pm what is to stop a monk using a staff now? they are classless. did you mean to suggest better monk staff specials?
Maybe having a monk classed staff special, like a sweep (3x3 around your character) or something, i think that sort of thing would be cool to see. I should had clarified, my bad
If monks get a staff special, and mages/druids can't get a single class specific weapon....well that would be on trend for casters LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh I sorta agree, like what more do monks need, really?
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:59 pm yeh I sorta agree, like what more do monks need, really?
AoE. They are really good single target but they literally have zero aoe. Every other class in the game has some sort of aoe but monks are the only class that has absolutely zero.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

why does every class have to have everything? isn't that what multi classing exists for?
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Yeah making every class equal does not really making them "fun" imho. Every class should have different strong and weak sides.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Put the turkey mount up for sale during November and upgrade it to a flying mount.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Heniek wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:02 am Yeah making every class equal does not really making them "fun" imho. Every class should have different strong and weak sides.
I totally understand what youre saying but in this instance it isnt monks aoe is mediocre or just decent, it literally doesnt exist. They have no way to do aoe damage outside of enchants which not everyone has. This a problem specifically that monks have that no other class does. Even priests have their sad excuse for aoe with thunderclap and VAMT but its enough for how godly tanky they are! Its not the fastest clear, but its something. In the case of monks, there is no something. :(

As for classes being different, i absolutely do not think classes should be homogenized. This game does a pretty good job of making sure your class is unique in comparison to the others. I do not think there is anything wrong with adding a flavorful ability or weapon to a class that has no way of performing an action. A good example of this is necromancer has absolutely crazy aoe, absolutely busted but their single target is abysmal, and this is totally fine! They have a way to do single target damage with summons and death missile, even if its shitty. Monks do not have that option unfortunately with AoE damage.

Also, if people think the classes are equal in power overall, we must not be playing the same game. PDs scaling does get a little wonky at the higher end of the level spectrum but generally, the classes are not on the same power level in the least. (I only play PD so i cant say across the board.)
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Azalynn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:55 pm
Heniek wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:02 am Yeah making every class equal does not really making them "fun" imho. Every class should have different strong and weak sides.
I totally understand what youre saying but in this instance it isnt monks aoe is mediocre or just decent, it literally doesnt exist. They have no way to do aoe damage outside of enchants which not everyone has. This a problem specifically that monks have that no other class does. Even priests have their sad excuse for aoe with thunderclap and VAMT but its enough for how godly tanky they are! Its not the fastest clear, but its something. In the case of monks, there is no something. :(

As for classes being different, i absolutely do not think classes should be homogenized. This game does a pretty good job of making sure your class is unique in comparison to the others. I do not think there is anything wrong with adding a flavorful ability or weapon to a class that has no way of performing an action. A good example of this is necromancer has absolutely crazy aoe, absolutely busted but their single target is abysmal, and this is totally fine! They have a way to do single target damage with summons and death missile, even if its shitty. Monks do not have that option unfortunately with AoE damage.

Also, if people think the classes are equal in power overall, we must not be playing the same game. PDs scaling does get a little wonky at the higher end of the level spectrum but generally, the classes are not on the same power level in the least. (I only play PD so i cant say across the board.)
Doesn't mirror image give AOE? Its two clones of you hitting additional targets. I agree it isn't amazing AOE, but it has some use, for sure.

Also, anyone who's telling you ANY class is on par with fighter....do I even need to finish that?
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

The amount of damage that mirror images does is absolutely abysmal. If it scaled with your level like necro pets do, sweet, that works. But with how they scale now, it literally does less than 30 damage at level 705, they have no scaling.

On a sidenote, i am still looking forward to the day that i can play a summoner. Even if you dont want to make necrocmancers minions last till they die, make it so when you wear a scythe, it summons your maximum number of minions in one cast at 100%! that would give scythes a purpose for necros, athemes are better in every way unfortunately.
Last edited by Azalynn on Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

I tried to make a point, that does really every class needs to have AOE attack? If monks sucks (with which I agree to some degree, comparing my lvl 1k PD monk vs other classes) why not make them stronger without giving them AOE?

I wasn't really playing in last several years and I appreciate the fact that game is constantly changing with new features and improvements. But back in days I really liked fact that classes were really diverse.

Mages were glass cannons, powerful AOE spells, powerful utility spells, high MR but with lack of HP and single target DPS.
Fighters were tanks with high hp, survivalibility and decent single target DPS, but slow and without any AOE attacks and low MR.
Rogues had low hp, low MR, lack of AOE but with great single target DPS and great utility skills.

These days classes are still diverse. But I see trend in making everything more equal, give every class thing that other classes have. It's matter of opinion whether it is good or bad, but I prefer having things exclusive to specific classes.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Yeah i dont know, i guess thats an opinion that we do not share. I dont find it fun or interesting when there has been class changes to most other classes to give them a boost in the areas that lack but monks haven't had that for AoE. I am all for class specific stuff but i think those should be niche/class specific cool shit, not just simply holding out on the one thing that would make the class better. Things like sease, stone form, or phase shift are flavorful and monk specific and i wouldnt change a thing about it. No one else should have it. Same with KXQ for mages, same with corpse explosion for necros! All of these things are super cool being exclusive to a class but this isnt just a spell they are missing. Its a whole core game mechanic that every other class in the game has.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Aren't monks the only class that has a cold damage ability? If other classes get some way to do cold damage then I'm all for giving monks an AOE attack.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Make lutes with woodcrafting. Lumber + spidersilk + studs.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Let half trolls play with their feet so they can still dual wield and be a bard pls

Also, half trolls need more attack speed to keep them on par with other races. They cannot keep up in dps in comparison which you would think that they would do more damage than other melees but that is not the case unfortunately.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL