e.jpg

MORE CRAFTING
deleteme.jpg

MORE POWERUPS
asdf.jpg

MORE AVATARS
buzof.jpg

MORE IS MORE MOTHERFSDFDSSFUCKERS~!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Celerion
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Re: Ideas thread 2021

Post by Celerion » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:41 pm

Some ideas:

- When I killed Drumheller in the library recently, I thought, it would be funny to get a message like:
"Don't make so much noise! This is a library!", you hear Stanwell saying.
Not sure, if it should be Stanwell or Nestor.

- A "greater soultrap" tome for pets would be nice. Maybe the woman in the pub in Sandy Valley could just give you one. Or it could be a quest or something.

Celerion

Post by Celerion » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:31 am

- "Shadow dust" could make invisible much longer and let you do certain things invisible like working on chests (like "hiding"). Maybe it could make invisible for 2 minutes or so. As it is now, I don't think, many people use shadow dust at all - as it's limited to shadow horn and uses up a shard. Which should be rewarded in a way, I think.

Balmung
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Balmung » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:48 am

Celerion wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:41 pm
- A "greater soultrap" tome for pets would be nice. Maybe the woman in the pub in Sandy Valley could just give you one. Or it could be a quest or something.
quests for unique / soulbound pet tomes sounds like a great buff to pets, I support this idea. I think someone suggested something similar somewhere.
I believe someone suggested beasts of burden in some form as well. If it would be possible to use pet spell slots for "perk" type benefits, that could also be a great improvement. Maybe your pet can give an AoE like a bard spell that raises your load capacity? This could also be a way to give some pets a heal of some sort? Necro pets feel a tiny bit lackluster. What if undead pets could learn a more narrow, but higher damage spells with this quest reward tome idea? Skeledragons with HoB? soul transfer rather than a heal?

Celerion

Post by Celerion » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:19 am

Balmung wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:48 am
Maybe your pet can give an AoE like a bard spell that raises your load capacity?
Makes me think of my pet (dragon) playing an instrument:

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/the ... lgate.html

:)

Devlin
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Devlin » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:16 am

I was having some thoughts about questing and I thought it might be cool much like how monks have the ironfist guys showing up to have a "grandmaster quest" for each major class-type that offers a new perk that's active when you're at 100% of that skill
(i.e. rogue, bard, priest, fighter, mage et al)

Just having thoughts here, so i'm not demanding any changes, just some things I think might be cool (maybe tweaked for better balance)

Mostly my thoughts were related to the Bard class as it's only got a few skills associated with it - like, meet a shady figure (grim reaper, daemon sprite?) at a crossroads on a full moon for the whole night, so it's actually tolerable to reasonably meet and talk to*, and get a quest to go out and claim a soul of import for him because hell if you're selling your own soul to the devil-coded guy!
*maybe at the crossroads west of minos?

The reward would be an extra bard song that combines the effects of the bard auras maybe? It'd have to be expensive to use - as well as require absolutely 100% skill, like initial cost being 24 mana, then additional 3-9 mana drain a minute to keep it balanced, but for that cost you get maybe health regen, 50MR, 10% damage for it. should have a cool name too, like "Song of the Gods" or "March of the Great Hero" or something equally fancy.
My other thought was adding a couple extra songs for the bard too, like maybe an extra aura, and "combat song/electrifying riff" maybe a weak vog type spell that would be useful in party/group combat > bringing longer-ranged enemies in so a tank-stanced fighter could then pull the aggro with a battle roar and tank the hits while the party lays the beatdown on the freshly aggro'd enemies.

My other thought was a new bard aura that gives regen, like 1-3hp/sec at 7th circle, balanced with a buff to the existing party heal to make it justifiable to use over the aura in a pinch.