Class Synergy

Moderator: EUO Moderators

firepox
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Class Synergy

Post by firepox »

Right, so I've been gone a long time. I used to play when I was 12, and I'm 25 now, and I'm not terribly up to speed on the game, but I do have some opinions.

Class synergy and build options are immediately what I took the most interest in, but there are many roadblocks, and almost all the synergies are very obvious.(24% druids with vampy vog staff, for example. It's a great and fun combo, but feels like the most obvious thing to do as a necro or mage due to lack of other powerful combos.)

I propose a system of class prodigies(think feats). Powerful and rule-bending passives (That you get to select a LIMITED number of based on level milestones) that are locked by class proficiency. The fun part is that they can be locked with multiple class/skill requirements.

Major Examples:

-Tempest- :psychotic:
Requirements: Monk 75%, Sorcery 75%
While in Aspect of The Hydra, gain 30% attack speed and a lightning storm follows you, randomly striking and paralyzing enemies around you with lightning

-Blood Priest- :oops:
Requirements: Necromancy 75%, Priest 75%
All healing spells now require nearby enemies. Upon casting, the amount healed will be drained from nearby enemies. Max mana is set to 0, and all spells now draw from your HP.

-Summoner- :mrgreen:
Requirements: Necromancy 75% Magery 75%
Your total summons cap is raised by 2, and your summons now gain half your stats.

Minor Examples:

-One For All- :roll:
Requirements: 3% in every class
All stats progressively grow up to 25% stronger the longer you remain in combat. Resets after 15 seconds out of combat

-Sneak Blast- :knife:
Requirements: 50% Rogue 25% necro
When backstabbing from stealth, if the target dies within 2 seconds, deal the backstab damage as an aoe corpse explosion.

-Spell Blade- :lesson:
Requirements: 50% Rogue OR Fighter and 25% Sorcery
Every attack has a chance to proc a random offensive spell you've cast in the past 10 seconds

I feel it would be incredibly rewarding for theory-crafters, especially when combining major and minor prodigies together to make unique characters and builds that are non-meta, but viable.
eggmceye
hello

Re: Class Synergy

Post by eggmceye »

hell yeh, welcome back Firepox :aus: