Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:06 am

it isn't invisibility but astral travel. You be lucky demons and shit can't see that in-game.

Balmung wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:46 am ITT egg repents for questionable "features" by having everyone report them as bugs.
eggmceye wrote:there are a lot of boss monsters that don't drop - quit complaining about them!
eggmceye wrote:I saw that when reviewing it and thought it would be a cool furphy for you guys to think about and get upset about
turn num lock off?
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Not sure if this is new, but HoB cooldown resets every time a spell effect occurs during the cooldown - not just every time a new spell is cast. Can extend cooldown by 10 seconds or more. :(

egg:I don't think the buff time is being prolonged, it's just the status text being out of sync

I think it only appears to extend it a little but doesn't actually - I can see how it's possible that the status time in the top left of screen of HoB CD sort of sneaks up, but not only can it sneak down in the same manner, the server knows exactly the cooldown time and it isn't being extended by casting or effects
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Post by eggmceye »

1[WoWz] wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:54 pm Using an equipment rune doesn't remove tank (or agile or berserker stance) so you can stay tank stance with different weapons equipped.
is this too cheesy to leave in as a feature?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:15 am
1[WoWz] wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:54 pm Using an equipment rune doesn't remove tank (or agile or berserker stance) so you can stay tank stance with different weapons equipped.
is this too cheesy to leave in as a feature?
I don't think so to be honest. It's not even the cheesiest thing to do. It lets mages, rogues, etc tank stance but there is a cooldown with the equipment runes anyway.
IGN: 1
Paru
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Paru »

bug bard confusion doesn't let you pick up items dropped by enemies if lotl. i think all summons from any class does even confused mage lotl lets you pick up items just not the bardic\musician.

never mind decided to quit lotl on the bard but incase anyone else makes a lotl bard...

egg: this is probably true for all confuse spells except the aoe one
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LaughingCoyote wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:54 pm Not sure if bug or feature, but targeting no-hp Balrog cards with direct damage damage Balrog cards results in the direct damage card being used to no effect. You cant re-select to an appropriate target. Ie. Accidently burn an artifact with a lightning strike card instead of the opponents hearthstone, you cant re target.
this is an inconvenience, not technically a bug nor a feature. It sorta stinks but to fix it is definitely easier said than done
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

Post by Comet »

It's not necessarily a bug but definitely not as intended- With diamond weapons you deal regular damage in rabbit form, but get a huge attack speed boost, meaning significantly more dps. Surprisingly it's not as powerful as I thought, since diamond weapons have low base damage for special attacks.

egg: if it's not a bug & not cheesy & no one cares, I'm not fixing it :cool:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

So I ran through regular Bloodmoore and noticed the final Blood Dungeon isn't instanced. No blood queen and just a wyvern. Naturally, all mobs respawn.
- that's how it is now
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

demiskeleton wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:58 pm seems i can't feed a pet vampire enough bone charms. as in no matter how much I feed it, it never gets full. and I tried a couple hundred and it never rose any hunger level
This is a fun one and might as well be a feature, or at least is just the game strictly working.

vampires are undead & vampyric: so they simply don't digest: they have a fixed digestion level of 1000 (out of max 2000)

Code: Select all

void Sentient::digest() {

if (is_organic() && (!undead() || is_vampyric())) {
    if (hunger > -100) hunger -= (int_rand(20) + 20);
  }
  else hunger = 1000;
}
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Proc chance seems lower for a druid with enchanted shillelagh? With a staff or crook I'm able to get way more spell procs than with a shillelagh.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Comet wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:37 am Proc chance seems lower for a druid with enchanted shillelagh? With a staff or crook I'm able to get way more spell procs than with a shillelagh.
yeh that's because shilelagh is a faster weapon so it procs less

the faster weapons proccing less thing needs a rebalance, it's on the nose
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Ok, slight other bug I've noticed with foils is that when you bind "special move" instead of "disarm", special move forces disarm to require 100 rage, even though disarm can now be done at 50 rage. fixed 2022/1/10

Other issue I have is a balancing issue. The new disarm is AWESOME in PVE; however, in PVP it's possible now to perma-disarm players. That would be extremely annoying to fight against.
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

This is in the same vein as the Half-Troll dual wield bug I posted back in early 2019, but pressing F to fire with a 2h ranged wep while dual wielding causes weapon desync, due to the update where 2h unequips the offhand. To replicate, dual wield and then F to fire with no targets in range. It looks like only the primary weapon is equipped, but when attacking you'll still be dual wielding, just much faster than typical dual wielding.

Bonus - Half trolls have a slightly easier time pulling this off because you can bind a sling with F and it will try to equip the sling in the offhand. Importantly, slings don't fire in offhand so you can pull this off while mobs are in range. Press F again and you're set.
AlexisMagnus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by AlexisMagnus »

Hello,

To be added to small-low-priority-fixes-that-don't-bother-anyone:

1. Duplicate YOI tomes: IOY tome drops when you reach a certain level of divinity. However, if you don't learn the spell and store the tome, it will drop again, and so on. I have 5 copies in my library atm for the same char.

2. As a candidate to the prize wtf-pays-attention-to-that, shop sign at Traders' Outpost 83'105" is wrong. It says it's a jeweler and respective shop is provisions. fixed 2-oct-21
(aka SirNoobs)

-- "If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough."
poply

Post by poply »

Hey I was testing this dupe bug wh I found a floor guardian that just one hit kills you with less than 40 damage, but you don't stay dead either. Being dead is just like being a ghost on reg except that monsters still notice you and you seem to come alive after being hit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spoiled
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it almost feels like you didn't actually die, just get close to it, and that your client (euo.exe) thought (mistakenly) that you were dead (the grey screen, you have been killed by xxx ...

but the client syncs hp every time you take dmg, so that means server thought you were dead. mobs don't attack dead chars, so wtf is happening, I don't know.
poply

Post by poply »

I can still log in on that character and I was sitting at 1k+ health or over 60% at the time. I had a res stone in my inventory that was not used. the combat message said I was killed my the ladder guardian #1 although I was on floor 16, I didn't think to check the displayed name on it though. I could only repeat the deaths with that one monster spawn and nothing else on the floor at that time and not with the next spawn of the ladder guardian on the same floor either. When I was fighting it, I could only attack when I was alive which made the fight slower but not impossible. So whatever happened, it's not exploitable, it doesn't seem repeatable, and it goes away on it's own. I didn't have anyone to check and see if I was dead for anyone else. If it happens again I will let you know and try to have someone on reg log in to check as well. Otherwise, Yay you fixed it by pretending it didn't exist.

egg: I didn't pretend it didn't exist - I replied to your post with a theory but not really knowing what happened :roll:
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Is it possible to complete the 2nd shopping spree quest when one is lotl?

By talking to Kyle. He wants atleast 3 carpet tiles, but I am unsure on how to get them while living of the land.
On the wiki, inscription and woodcrafting don't have carpet tiles listed as a possible itme to craft.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

The quest where Melissandre ask you to extract blood from a child gives you a blood exctractor item each time you ask her the keyword 'child'.

The hidden alternative in a certain innkeepers quest won't mark the quest as completed and still requires you to complete the quest straightforwardly and that negates the hidden alternative :(.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

This may not be a bug i just couldnt find it on the fourms but if you start a new character on PD as a non human you have 125% class cap. If i log into an existing character after remort after the change, i still have a class cap of 175. Shouldnt it be 200 for non humans now or does remort just give 50% instead of 75 now?

The manual still says 75% if that isnt the case btw.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL