Ideas thread 2020

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Ideas thread 2020

Post by Balmung »

maybe add pet avatar wands and ways to chance house containers and bankers' appearance into the AC shop.
take my fun bucks, egg
eggmceye
hello

Re: Ideas thread 2019

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:35 pm I was watching an anthology of Mortal Kombat vids and it occurred to me i havent replaced that sound effect with "Get over here!" Doesn't soul transfer use same spell sound? Yeah, i wish i could customize each and every spell sound or even have multiple sounds.

you can do that already, tho it would get wiped by a patch, so keep backups
examine spells.txt in excel (it's tab delim) - there is a col called "wav" (col R) - you can't edit it but you can use it to get the wav filename of a spell. Then you use your own wav, using that name. Eg thorn whip wav is called sp_whip.wav - so just replace that

in the case where the is no spell wav filename specified, it is worked out using this formula
sp_spellshortname.wav
where spellshortname is in col B (the 2nd col)

eg
kal xen: shortname is kx (the 2nd col, col B)
thus spell wav filename is
sp_kx.wav
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah, no wonder when I rename the other summons they only sound like _kx. A lot of spells use the same sound assets I guess even if its a different spell.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Yeh, so you might have trouble using say diff sounds for the different summons, since you can’t edit spells.txt
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Not a huge deal. I need to work on my ACS version of euo. And ACS has so few sounds. It has so few gfx as well but I'll try to skin a different pic for each mob (might be some color var but lordy such gfx are pretty simply (they weren't so simple copying though esp appleII).
syfr
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by syfr »

so here's a few things while i have the brain for it,

Druid/necromancer,
While the abduction spell is a greatly amusing as a gimmic and necromancer rain of bones as well.. has anyone considered giving the druid or necromancer a spore plague type ability? they both work with the proliferation of life and death so...

Necromancer/Druid - Plague/Spores 8th cir - damages the target at 25% the rate of the mages spell "kill" (XC) bypassing magic resistance, and applies a damage over time for the same amount of damage per second for 3 seconds (doing 100% xc damage in total) casting it again refreshes the duration and increases damage dealt per damage tick (if it was doing 20 then it would do 25, 30, 35 etc) casting it on a target again or a target with this infection dieing, will make it spread to 3 nearby enemies within 4 tiles (infecting an infected again, will increase damage dealt as if casting on them again).

for necromancer... make them become undead minions when they die? would make sense to me at least
for druid... heal 10% of damage dealt by this ability to yourself and nearby allies.

TL/DR: 1/4 kill(xc) damage on hit and for 3 ticks after stacking 25% more damage per attack, this affect will spread to nearby enemies on recast and/or enemy death.

----------
Also why don't Undead pets (bone charm necromancy/taming) become stronger when the necromancer does? i find that a bit backwards.
Last edited by syfr on Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
syfr

Post by syfr »

Re-Wrote this to make more sense

-Pet Trainer / (Druid sub - inverse of polymorphism )
.pets gain stats based on player level/stats/class%/taming%
-per player level pet cast time is reduced ((castdelay*(0.999^Playerlvl))*C*S)
-per player str/dex/int the pet gains stats

|armor*(1+ (C*S*(str+dex)/2000)
|hp*(1+ (C*S*(str+(dex+int)/2)/1000)
|MR*(1+ (C*S*(Int/1000))
|int*(1+ (C*S*(Int/2000)
|melee*(1+ (C*S*(dex+str)/1000)
|AS*(1+ (C*S*(str/1000))

C - pet trainer/100
S - taming/100
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I have a suggestion. :P

Ideas thread 2020

And not just a renaming of this one.

Besides that...

NG skill raise
Human 500
Non-human 400

PD fix for remort non-humans 200% (reg can have 200% via shrines so it'd be cool).

And if anyone says that makes humans so pointless then beef up their skill learning speed. People love getting skills faster on any server. But then I suppose they'd say it makes humans less on reg.. ok. Make them get skills faster too (not like they don't get a starting % of 150% possibility anyways).

I still haven't tested max hp and mr on all servers for say a dwarf necromancer in bone gear of str +36 or mithril MR+5. I'm curuious how close the servers are to each other. From just my alts on Heph, NG seems the weakest but he's not exactly a dwarf yet nor pumped up with uber gear so that's something to work on. ALL HEPHS MUST BE CREATED EQUAL, but racial loss of skill % discourages me. I'll eventually get to it no matter what. Its just figuring the right classes. Of thse PD will take a hit but even 175% will work.
ZUPS!!!!
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Keighn wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:48 pm PD fix for remort non-humans 200% (reg can have 200% via shrines so it'd be cool).
eggmceye wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:51 am the remort system on pd kinda stinks anyway
Is removing remort entirely out of the question? Probably messes with existing characters, eh?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah it would wreck a lot of alts that remorted. And the whole fact they allotted their stats already they would lose like 300+points if it was just dropped. And the class % loss would suck ass.

Its a similar thing I've thought pets suffered from as well (though alpha pets might not suffer as much). Issues are pets that have a lot of forms as they really lose out on some hp.

One could argue that the shrine of versatility sucks the crap out of alts on reg and its true. You really have to take a dip to be a full 200% esp on NON-humans. Its pretty worth it way later though not necessary I guess.

One day I'll have the same gear on all 3 servers for heph so I can compare hp, mr, and damage.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it depends on how dropping remort is done ... but probably some chars somewhere would have to change and that wouldn't make anyone happy unless they, the characters, got better

it's not something I have any actual energy or enthusiasm for, it's just a thought bubble
syfr

Post by syfr »

As for dropping remort itself, im not sure that is needed. if remort was dropped, it would allow for the possibility of a different system though.

Remort has always been interesting but its not something most the players ive known have really relied on.

On a different note, whats the status on pets anyway? I still think the taming system could use some tweaking, especially in regard to end game play. I know you all know what i mean when i say, "pets past level 250 dont do much" on all servers, pets become nothing more than some cc and maybe a heal spam once you pass dragons in combat. even at dragons you have to put in a lot of work to make the pet effective against them. while it stands to reason to make certain pets stronger than others, it seems weird that a creature enhanced beyond others of their race have a hard time fighting them.

Anyone against giving pets a rank up system or a something? (+5% to all stats per rank up, 10% more exp required to level up per rank, ranks up on command at level 100 resetting to level 1 +1 rank) goblins/rats/dragons/nightmares all have different exp req to level up, its fair in its own way. beast trainer idea and others ive put out are still around. the classes do pretty well (though every game has room for tweaking) and the systems in the game work well. For me at least my biggest reason for not playing as consistently as i used to is just feeling like the weak points in the game get forgotten about in development of new races, classes, crafting, and maps. so why not focus on the parts of the game that havent been touched in a few years?

Pets

Remort/stat gain system

advancement system. (theres a reason i never tried super seriously to hit 1000 on pd ;) nothing to do once you max everything out.)

Still love this game, can think of a few developers that could learn a lot from EUO's simple complexity.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, than can be said for any server.

Max out Level /Stats
Max out skills
Max out gear
Buy awesome house for hoarding
Max out pets
Max out coins
Get XXXX amount of all items possible (that'll take forever)

You'll hit burnout.

A few games with ultimate repeat remorts:

Level too xxx remort back to lvl 1 increased skill cap
Rinse & repeat. But lordy...
ZUPS!!!!
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Could GWoTs please be changed so that they can transfer +10 AS?

I tried to create +10 sigils with a GWoT and a +10 weapon because amp wands wont work on sigils. However, GWoTs wont transfer AS enchantments over +9.
Last edited by Balmung on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Balmung wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:12 am Could GWoTs please be changed so that they can transfer +10 AS?
Agreed, we can't use wands of greater magic amplification to get +10 AS/Dmg sigils since those wands don't work on sigils. The GWoTs should be changed to allow +8 defense gear to be GWoT as well as +10 AS/Dmg.

The wands of greater magic amplification seem to raise AS/Dmg from 9 to 10, defense from 7 to 8, and str/dex/int from 14 to 15 (could be old code, 36 to 37 would make more sense). NV, MR, and Vigour don't work. Can't go above 10 AS/Dmg or 8 Defense, just putting this out there for people unaware.
IGN: 1
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Also regarding PD, remorts, and class cap. Here is my suggestion:

Human, remort 225% class cap
Human, non-remort 150% class cap
Non-human, remort 200% class cap
Non-human, non-remort 125% class cap

This gives humans a little needed boost on PD and gives non-human builds the same multiclass options as the regular counterparts. They're both getting an extra 75% skill points and I think it's as fair and balanced as what we have on regular.
IGN: 1
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

In my opinion, cartography could use a little revamp. My suggestion:

- wipe all currently existing maps (and maybe give people a warning two months before that)
- reading single map gives much greater boost to carto skill?
- make maps very rare, like WOT or khaki potions now
- chests from maps have guaranted item, higher level has greater chance of containing artifact

Reason:
- it will make treasure hunting less tedious, boring and sometimes frustrating (imagine going through 30 lvl 15 maps and wasting hour just to get that ringmail +5NV)
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

I got a idea to the poison system :

1st mob and players have the same system.
2nd poison-power is scaled 1-100 , poison-power 10 is 1% maxHP damage per second while poison-power 100 is 10% maxHP damage per second.
3rd snake fist stack with +20 power .
4th ven weapon enchantment give *10 power , so ven cleaver +6 has 60 poison-power.
5th eating green-dragon-meat can reduce the poison-power by 40 , so you are immune to poison with a power up to 40.
6th protection reduce the poison-power by 90 .
7th healing skill is scaled with the skill from 20-100 to reduce the poison-power up to 100. Similar goes for piety and sanctity .
8th poison damages mob until 1HP and kill players, timer adds up per poisoning attack.
9th meditation can reduce poison-power with the skill from 50-100 to reduce the poison-power up to 50.
10th only the highest poison reduction counts and works once vs poison attack. So the poisoning is always poison-power - strongest poison reduction.
11th mob like green-dragon uses 40 poison-power and snake 30 power . Bosses +10 ,heroic +10 and epic +20 .
12 red potion reduces poison-power of 40 , improved red potion reduces power of 70 and greater red potion reduces power of 100. Angel fish potion reduces power of 120 and cures everything else.(so 3 new potions :D ) Green-potion at 40 power.

This allows to make poison character builds , and add monsters with stronger poison, new tactics ,you can at least reduce the poison damage if you have not enough skill.
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

Small pet lvling idea :
-Pet gets 1 damage per dice every 5 lvl .
-Pet gets +1% int every 2 lvl .
-Pet give 10+lvl load
-Pet that is humanoid can use jewellery . (but str,and dex items will not work)
-body sigil for pet
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

addy coin buying weird cosmetic effect:
glowing (choose color / colors) like when an artifact is equipped.
special (burning, flies buzzing, or any of those new specials when used but always in effect - colors possibly ie. yellow flies buzzies, etc).

TBH, I'm not sure how many odd effect are out there for avatars.