euo deity chart

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

euo deity chart

Post by eggmceye »

work in progress: some of this is already ingame, rest is in my head
euodeitychart3.png
top light green bubbles are gods/deities (GOD TIER)
2nd row of green bubbles are the highest level of physical manifestation or servants (LORD TEIR)
3rd row of green is regular worshippers/servants (SCRUB TEIR)
red bubbles are known hi level servants/priests/lords of the respective deity

https://bubbl.us/NTI2NDcxOC8xMDA3MDMxOC ... s=10070318

a) did I missing anything?
b) any suggestions?

alternative chart arrangements:
euodmm1.PNG
euodmm2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by eggmceye on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated chart
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: euo deity chart

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Isn't the Matriarch worshipped? Not super clear on the lore in that map.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Yeh, but it's a cult and the matriach is just some a draconian that killed some dragonqueens & absorbed their power, and not an actual deity as such
so if anything she could be on the Lord teir, and then wld be considered only a sect rather than mainstream draconian religion

Code: Select all

+-------------------+
                 |   God of dragons? |
                 +-------+--+--------+
                         |  |
              v----------+  +--------v
+--------------------+        +----------------------+
|  Eternal Matriarch |        |  some dragon lord(s) +-----------+
+-----------+--------+        +-----------+----------+           |
            |                             |                      |
 +----------v---------+       +-----------v---------+       +----v----+
 |Draconian Cultists  |       |  regular draconians |       | dragons |
 +--------------------+       +---------------------+       +---------+

http://asciiflow.com/
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm curious to know if trolls in VoT worshipped sky gods or was it some other, previous inhabitants
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Interesting idea.. would make for a good focus for creative submissions, "description of this deity, 500 words or less".
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Cosmogonies and Eschatology in EUO is pretty cool.
cos·mog·o·ny /käzˈmäɡənē/
noun: cosmogony
the branch of science that deals with the origin of the universe, especially the solar system.
•a theory regarding the origin of the universe.

es·cha·tol·o·gy /ˌɛskəˈtɒlədʒi/
noun: eschatology
is a part of theology concerned with the final events of history, or the ultimate destiny of humanity. This concept is commonly referred to as the "end of the world" or "end times".
•a theory regarding the end of the universe.
VOT was a Catherine creation wasn't it? She claimed she never finished all the odds and ends. There are 3-4 temples in VOT one dedicated to the Sun, one the Moon, and the Sky God temple with possibly another. A few ruined fortifications are there due to a rampaging mage who appears the be one who unearthed the Golem manufacturing who kidnapped someone or other (the final encounter was never finished). There's a good deal there about a lich experimenting with slimes to make them poisonous though, the slimes down there don't actually have venom.

The sky god temple does expose cryptically the possibility of the legend of the Phoenix. There's even a blocked off portion of the map that I believe was supposed to house a version of the phoenix (perhaps lesser considering it has not been visited in ages). This section is blocked off by forcefields and Raiden & I had breached it once by cheesing a long time ago (I can't recall the method). The sky god had shadow guardians and it may have been the first section to utilize them (though Drachentrog and the Stygian Abyss might trump that as that's a hell of a confusing map to navigate unless you take notes).

Definitely agree the dragon tier should be there. I had just been watching an old UO video and looking at Ancient Wyrms, Great Wyrms, Wyverns (not blood), Serpents, etc.

There's the possibility for water deities which is rather small atm. (Kraken is definitely of lord quality as is the Great Crab ... PD version is the best versions of these as they aren't too OP even if I have solod the Crab on NG that took a hell of a while).

Thinking back of the 10th anniversary and times before with Rush we have a few unique Lord tier mobs: Bovindus (obvious cow god), A spider, a Leoric like warrior, Inferno Dragon, a Massive Golem, and probably some I'm missing.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4949&hilit=Inferno
* Black Arachnia
* Super Cow
* Kraken
* Inferno Dragon
* King Leroic

Drachentrog does have the Time Lord (a demi-lich) thanks for Djanno posting that pic. Whalebone talks of the "Avatar" and some canon Ultima companions that I guess are still in EUO (Mariah, etc but only a few unless its incidental names).

Angry Fish lord was a special mob made by someone (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3485&hilit=anniversary&start=280) So more sea King nigh deity type stuff.

Enraged Carnivore (possible an event or DM mob as well... I haven't actually catalogued all the DM mobs since they're hard to find old screenies of). I do have some of the old code rush sent me for ones he worked on (the golem and a few others)... somewhere.

Sky God I need to look into. Valley of the Trolls (VOT) is a fun map to navigate that is definitely missing some questing elements but has some historic lore in there. I'm getting the gist that the temples of the Sky God is to link some cosmology to perhaps Sun/Moon and aliens. Druids and aliens are more likely going to trump that idea though so figuring out Giants/Ettins/Trolls/Cyclops/Ogres as the Giant humanoid races might be trickier. They all fit together though.

Minotaurs would be definitely an offshoot of Bovindus and we've seen Mort put in some excellent types on TOLS that put a variety in the game.

Lost Jungle is a Rusty map that deals with some tropical elements but is mostly just humanoids. You could go out on a limb to (especially if the map was further developed) to include a Volcano God or Primitive Isolated Jungle deity. I find Maeondir as hard to place much like Newbie isle (I personally dub newbie isle as a type of isle of souls where new blood is introduced into Euotopia. Hell, in my own personal story I thought of it as called Nubis or Newbis Isle sort of a play on the God of the Dead "A Nubis Isle"

Euotopia either has an ocean that doesn't permit normal travel to Maeondir or its on a moon or something (I really haven't figured out where that massive Isle/continent is located). It could even be a sort of dimensional prison since a few heavy hitters are trapped there: Matriarch, Brownthorne, Doppleganger, Dark Lord, Wizard in the tower (forget his name), the cthulhu-like crazy map (possibly others I'm just forgetting). It certainly seems like a prison isle that Lord Farimond has to watch over.

Elementalism? If we consider Sky and Water deities then do we go with Earth and Fire Deities (Zorn, golems, fire golems, Fire Foxes, Nightmares, odd mix of Fire dragons/daemons that bridge the inferno and elements). There's no doubt there are elemental abilities but are they more a force of nature or possible deities in their own right (I don't know if any maps address this or the books). Its probably more of an expansion idea if someone so wants to explore that avenue. Sky be air and I don't recall a lot of flying types or air mobs that aren't tied to something else (insects are nature, bats are more or less nature). Water is covered ok but scant few mobs (shark, squids, sea serpents (almost like a water dragon I guess), nixies, Kraken, Crabs, Huge Crab, crocodiles, alligators.. and that's it I'm guessing unless you count Water Daemons).

No lizardmen (which could be desert or swamp/water), ophidians, mermen/maids, or ducks). I always wanted to make a neutral duck mob that swims like the shark but I just couldn't think of something that was right and ducks are animals not water beings).

As to undead. The necromancer/liches certainly reference enough hellish damnation that path entails so that's a good fit. As to God for the being that isn't a named boss; finding a unique name might be tricky. Satan is ok and does rule over the 72 djinn/goetic daemons but there are other named hellspawn I can't immediately place (be they randomized names or from lore I just haven't looked at). Lots of names for a top Satan god without going all Lucifer/Lucien/Lucifiel. Could go Shaitan even.

From just one site you have these:
Abaddon — Hebrew for "destruction"
King of the Bottomless Pit
Accuser
Lawless One
Adversary
Leviathan
Angel of Light (a being Satan can transform into)
Liar
Angel of the bottomless pit
Lucifer
Antichrist
Murderer
Apollyon — Greek for "destroyer"
Power of Darkness
Beast
Prince of the Power of the Air
Beelzebub — "Ruler of the demons"
Ruler of the Darkness
Belial
Ruler of this World
Deceiver
Serpent of Old
Devil
Son of Perdition
Dragon
Fallen Star
Enemy
Tempter
Evil One
Thief
Father of Lies
Wicked One

and there is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_infernal_names

I left out the Shadow Lords of old:
◾ Astaroth, the Shadowlord of Hatred.
◾ Faulinei, the Shadowlord of Falsehood.
◾ Nosfentor, the Shadowlord of Cowardice.

And that brings up a few veins of Virtue and Vices/Sins or anti-virtue and how much they hold up in Euotopia. Sure, they are a carry-over from ultima lore but beyond shrines for stats and representing stones there isn't much to them here (I'm guessing since evil acts just nets you a timeout of sorts in accordance to law to buy and guards wanting to murder you for being naughty... and free reighn to PK that 'EVIL' dude to your hearts content with no consequences).

Euotopia doesn't have all the dungeons from ultima lore and that's probably good (as who knows how nasty EA is when it comes to copyright stuff). Age old fans of ultima lore naturally scream for such to be put in but I see the issue so new or modified content is fine (anything put in really is altered though and nothing Is exactly lifted unless someone can point out what is).

I won't go over the virtues so much as relink those who don't know ultima at all:
https://ultima.fandom.com/wiki/Eight_Virtues#Principles
http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Virtues

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_virtues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins
The name Destard is likely derived from dastard, meaning an insidious coward. In Runes of Virtue, Destard, known as the Cavern of Cowardice, appears on Verity Isle. The Rune of Valor can be found within the dungeon, as well, a powerful magic rope which allows the hero to cross waterways dwells within its depths
I always thought there should be a canon 8th sin to match the ultima virtues but matching those up has overlapping so my idea of hopelessness or faithlessness doesn't fit. In fact I thought of turning 3 principles into 4 (truth, love, valor, Faith) though faithlessness doesn't have too many good synonyms..
Synonyms of faithless
disloyal, false, fickle, inconstant, perfidious, recreant, traitorous, treacherous, unfaithful, untrue

Words Related to faithless
irresponsible, trustless, undependable, unreliable, untrustworthy
faltering, hesitant, vacillating, wavering
dubious, irresolute, uncertain
apathetic, dispassionate, uninterested
Of those I like treachery, faltering, traitorous. Tops would be more like treachery since those that falter might just go in the opposite direction feeling their faith was in vain and that that faith was indeed treachery by the most high (in their warped mindset).

Virtues and Sin being a deity in iself seems plausible or just an old artifact in this shard offshoot.

Far too long of my ramblings that should have been broken up. I'll make a quicky simple thought later.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I read all of that :p

some remarks:
All those mega bosses & spawns such as black arac are sort of between lord & god teir, if they fit into the religion narrative at all. that is why blood queen is sort of there but not quite

Dunno if I've said this enough or had it sink in but I'm keen to continue decoupling euo from ultima, and come up with my own mishmash of alternate/parallel lore. I have often thought Utima's virtues all a bit in your face. Having said that, ultima5 & 6 7 do a good job of addressing that with both blackthorns virtues, gargoyle virtues and then the fellowship. I am not a huge fan of 'virtues'

I now consider New Sosaria, Maeondir and Apoc New Sosaria separate planes in a multiverse rather than new sos & maeondir being on the same planet.

I never thought to link up the elements to religion, which sounds druidy but druids in euo are alien worshippers.

I went thru pretty much that list of names for satan and wasn't that enthused by any of them, so might have to make one up

The three u5 shadowlords don't exist in euo and won't.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I split the VoT posts into a separate thread : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5438
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

bump for updated chart
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

You forget the giants (ettins, ogres, headless) amongst the worshipers. Also, there is a reference to magic being a lost art for them in the river's end ancient ruins if that means anything.
Djanno :smoke:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Or they're just "stoopid." I always took that tongue in cheek that their intelligence to understand. But who knows. Wonder how headless could worship anything. I have no head and I must scream... (and eat).
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Randomly looking at a sign in Tangled Forest brought up something about gods. I need to do a full exploration and record some text in here and see what quests might be missing.
It says:
Traveller, I have left this warning to you since it is all too easy to get lost in these parts- take care to mark your position with a sextant or In Wis spell, and keep your bearing when you teleport! -Trell.
It Says:
This sign is written in the minotaur's odd pictogram language- as far as you can tell, it urges 'shaman/mystic/servants of the gods must move/make fly/travel to the magnetic/attraction rising sun to help/aid/sacrifice to the ?' You cannot begin to translate the last part...
servants of the gods....???? Though I think its more of the reference to the huge pit where all the green dragons come from.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I was thinking abt putting a dragon/drac shrine down in that dragon cave this week
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

bump 4 new charts

there are still a few blanks, confused positions & undecided: halftrolls, halforcs, minotaurs, ettins/ogres, wolves, skeletuns.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hmmm, yeah minotaurs are pretty expansive with the 2x2 (perhaps prehistoric or mutants on Maeondir).
Large locales:
River's End (with a balron at the end). Known to be a corrupted town and over ran with what's left turned into zombies and undead. The warriors indeed have their own graveyard. Of interest is in the puzzle after EUO section and the plains with the goblins. Something wants its name spoken via a puzzle. I'll put up some screenies or write that down. Known that orcs and trolls have taken the underground city (of old RE?) and further down to Skull Keep and the w/e Fortress (or is it the other way around). Grendel is either corrupted or evil but the town vibes a bit of a curse.

Minotaur Halls (aptly named) for its ruler (Firehorn?) and minotaurs battalion. Further down is the underground lake (feeds into River's end?) with its hellspawn and dragons further down along with the Tower of the damned or w/e its called and the Balron leader there (Katastrophie or is that a different dungeon ... like the Abyss).

Netherterra (lordy this must be one of the original spawning spots of Minotaur at least on the top layer but devolves into hellspawn and dragons. Seems a bit lore lite but most of these dungeons are.

Kaza (since I never can remember the full spelling). Long ago it had a troop of MInotaurs that lived in the heart of this dwarven dungeon. They were vicious with the exception of the famous Minotaur who was part of the party Estorrath was in). Now they are the Bloodhoof clan I believe. I can't recall why they adventured together and whether it was to establish a place of their own or thwart some evil.

Valley of the Trolls (just a group of minotaur mercenaries paid by a certain wizard bent on using mechanical engineering fused with magic to take over.

Tangled Forest has some sections of the forest with minotaurs and at least 1 cave full of them.

Shame. There are two fortresses down there that have either minotaurs or something else in them. I used to rip it up down there so I can't recall if both fortresses had minotaur or just one did. Heck... are there two and am I remembering right.

Any ties to Bovindus for them? Mutant, evil, uh.. horny?

Did I miss a few outposts?

Beneath Ogre town certainly has its roots in the Shard of Hatred, an imprisoned Balron (though there are several), and an Vampyire Lord or king or w/e that hasn't awakened.

Half-orcs may have no true god other than what orcs worship. Felorcs I have felt were always tainted with by hellspawn. (unless they're just feral orcs). Werewolves are probably a curse by something. It might even be a curse by a then good deity rather than a evil deity.
ZUPS!!!!