misc updates thread

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: misc updates thread

Post by Balmung »

eggmceye wrote:the diamond coin merchs (15th bday prez & tints) are back open but only for a limited time
:fp:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

6 july 2019 moa 1.3.36
* fixed seeing bleeding in non-vis areas of map
* fixed 2x2 mobs not being drawn in correct position sometimes
* added Lord Mort's Carnival of Carnage in Apoc New Sosaria, where Dryden would be
* added apocalyptic Pride's Fall & Djanno's shack
* when you are standing on a tile that you can enter you now get a lime message reminding you to press space
* when you are in a town that you can bind to, you now get a lime message reminding you that you can bind & res in this town

* moved DK's map to apoc new sos (65,10)
Last edited by eggmceye on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: moved dk's map
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Awesome, exploring Carnival now. There goes the weekend. X-D
eggmceye wrote:
* when you are in a town that you can bind to, you now get a lime message reminding you that you can bind & res in this town

Is it possible to have the option to toggle this on and off? Its been 3 minutes and its already annoying LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.

All the scripted bosses need /ears.

When the trees catch on fire, is the ""You see a a dead tree, owned by eggmceye."" description intentional?"

THIS MAP IS AMAZING! THANK YOU LM AND EGG!
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
speed
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by speed »

LaughingCoyote wrote:
eggmceye wrote:

Is it possible to have the option to toggle this on and off? Its been 3 minutes and its already annoying LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.

Also, the message sort of spoils hidden areas like the Troll's Bridge and the Haunted Forest =P

Love the new maps! Though stepping on rainbows felt a bit unintuitive. I can't wait for an apoc gauntlet-style map!
-Speed(COG) = [Grandmaster Stafffighter idk...]
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Thanks for the feedback.
@LaughingCoyote: yes that was intentional to prevent pick ups.
@Speed: I see what you mean as perspective kinda changes from top down to side view and back to top down. Try to imagine that the watertiles are the blue sky and the whiteblocks are clouds. There is another section in the map that is supposed to be sideview, well actually 2 sections.
Some items lying around, mostly on tables, can be 'a'ctivated.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

LordMortiferus wrote: @LaughingCoyote: yes that was intentional to prevent pick ups.
Ah, cool. Well, you have two "a a" in that sentence btw. :D
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

LaughingCoyote wrote:
LordMortiferus wrote: @LaughingCoyote: yes that was intentional to prevent pick ups.
Ah, cool. Well, you have two "a a" in that sentence btw. :D
the double a is a result of how the "l"ook command works.
For maptiles it is: "You see *maptile*"
For items it is: "You see an *item*"
Now, depending on the maptile its name has an indefinite article included or not. E.g. You see grass, but you see a pot plant. When you convert a maptile into an item the "l"ook command will handle it as an item as well and will show "You see a *Item_maptile*" with *item_maptile* either "a pot plant" or "grass".
However, it should be "You see an a dead tree"
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I really need to make some scrolling clouds abd twinkling stars eh? Sounds like you had a blast making the map. I should run a ng in there.

Thinking on interactions with environment in maps can all of the following trigger effects: (most i know via the ladder)
a)ctivate
l)ook
s)earch
shift use
attack
step on.
Are there others? Casting spells or being in a specific polymorph or having certain spell effects active affecting what the environment triggers?

I think egg wanted at to at one point have shovable object, movables, and various interactive effects in the game like u1-6 (maybe latter but mostly 5-6). Perhaps most of that works better in a turn-based game.
Last edited by Keighn on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Keighn wrote:I really need to make some scrolling clouds abd twinkling stars eh? Sounds like you had a blast making the map. I should run a ng in there.
Yes it was fun to work on it, but than it took over 5 years to get it into shape (not finished mind you).
A big thanks to Egg for reviewing and fixing stuff.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Speaking of egg he also released an update to maped for those wondering. Sometimes i wonder how many read the forums. I try to get some people intered in discord and forums but i certainly have forgotten about twitter/facebook/other.

Funny think about ultima games and the e)ntering towns. I know the green message can be annoying and maybe control panel option to shut off would be good, but some of the older games like ACS didn't have space to enter. It dealt with portals more or less; step on and transport which I was so glad maped has.

For mapping as a player and finding hidden stuff this new fearure is pretty cool since not everyone is an oldschooler. I recall some complaints about minimap ruining the game or scrolls of mapping. I remember Richard G. pondering peergems even back in the ultima days. And there are compulsive mappers who will enjoy these functions and more.

I was watching a video on old wolfenstein and doom about being a 2d game giving impressions of 3d and looking at wolf 3d made me think on egg's 3d engine he had a while back. I still haven't gotten it to work in ages and wonder if you have had any luck?
ZUPS!!!!
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Yay updates - will go look!
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Was the Evil bunny hole in Old Porte moved or erased in the update? I can't seem to find it now.
ZUPS!!!!
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Keighn wrote:Was the Evil bunny hole in Old Porte moved or erased in the update? I can't seem to find it now.
Its in Apoc New Sosaria now.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah. That makes sense.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

eggmceye wrote:6 july 2019 moa 1.3.36

* added Lord Mort's Carnival of Carnage in Apoc New Sosaria, where Dryden would be
* added apocalyptic Pride's Fall & Djanno's shack
:shock: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

cool gotta check it out!
Djanno :smoke:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

speed wrote:
LaughingCoyote wrote:
eggmceye wrote:

Also, the message sort of spoils hidden areas like the Troll's Bridge and the Haunted Forest =P

what other maps does it spoil? I'm leaving it in but will disable it where req
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Just have a small tute on newbie isle (or message) about disabling help via a toggle in the f12 menu. Maybe it spoils maybe it doesn't (shrugs). Extra work just to hide a few entrances. If I were to go by the few off the top of my head: Haunted forest entrance, Troll Bridge, Dark Forest (on the island near the orc desert town), Tangled Forest. I don't recall any others on New Sosaria map.
jaska
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by jaska »

speed wrote: Also, the message sort of spoils hidden areas like the Troll's Bridge and the Haunted Forest =P
It only took me 14.5 years to find this troll's bridge :D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Troll bridge is where a few of us camped before MIB was fully created; according to Rurik. Some of those years I don't recall so well. Funny that MIB had a few different leaders when I resigned for a while to PD. Yes we were homeless and it was a good sort of hidden spot. Man, 15 years?
ZUPS!!!!
TheNeckCutter
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by TheNeckCutter »

What troll bridge?
Where?
N yes having the option to turn off the notifications would be cool