misc updates thread

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: misc updates thread

Post by Keighn »

eggmceye wrote:class cap changes on reg: nonhumans can now multiclass and use the Shrine of Versatility
a) non humans start at 125% cap and can use versatility to spend 38 levels at versatility to get to 200% cap
b) humans start at 150% and can use versatility to get 200% cap - so humans get a head start and only req spend exactly 25 levels to get to 200% - humans get 13 more levels to spend on stats
Since people in the game can't use basic logic to figure that race skill caps generally work the same on REG and PD so I'll say it now.

THE ABOVE APPLIES TO PD ALSO!

(because DODGE-BOY blames me for not informing him Good fucking grief. :--;: :--;: :--;: )
ZUPS!!!!
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

SanDodge got his special stance.
Leave him alone!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Time will tell but I'm 80% sure have found & fixed the lag spike. Dunno if it all the lag but I have found A big lag spike. (actually I have done quote a few optimizations in last month)

Spike caused by ToLs unloading, which was sending 100s (maybe 1000s) of "forget named/custom monster" packets to everyone about it ... ToLs because it has a lot of custom mobs with custom weapons - and when they get deleted a packet gets sent. I suspected this about a week ago, so lumped the 100s of packets into one and compressed them, but with extra logging and chat monitoring I saw simultaneously ToLs unload, send a fuktun of data and then everyone complain abt it (so my big compressed packet didn't help). This has been made worse by ppl farming Herb: by not running around ToLs properly and killing everything .... by not killing everything slowly this massive bunch of data gets sent when the map unloads (because all these mobs are still alive). That's ok - keep farming herb for time being - it's not your fault, it's the engine's.

Turns out I didn't need to send those packets anyway - so they are no longer being sent. So hopefully lag fixed.

There is no guarantee there won't be lag in future. But this is a definite lag spike removed. I've been watching network usage & cpu usage for weeks now, following players around, watching ppl play and not finding anything obviously wrong, when playing normally. I suspected Tols (since it's huge and has many custom scripts), so watched people play ToLs, but didn't see anything wrong. But the lag happens when ToLs unloaded.

mackey can be unbanned when he posts
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

Thanks for not flat-out banning all of us for Herb and forgiving my mouth. I reinstated all your mod privileges on discord. Unbanned, please?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

unbanned
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ps: the server lockup that happened twice this week ...
I think it was combo of my big compressed packet (described above) and maybe Titan dying - not sure exactly, I haven't interrogated LC about it - but those changes are mostly undone and the lockups only happened since the unloading compression was added. if locks up again like that I'll start asking questions
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

eggmceye wrote:[..]
Spike caused by ToLs unloading, which was sending 100s (maybe 1000s) of "forget named/custom monster" packets to everyone about it ... ToLs because it has a lot of custom mobs with custom weapons - and when they get deleted a packet gets sent. I suspected this about a week ago, so lumped the 100s of packets into one and compressed them, but with extra logging and chat monitoring I saw simultaneously ToLs unload, send a fuktun of data and then everyone complain abt it (so my big compressed packet didn't help). This has been made worse by ppl farming Herb: by not running around ToLs properly and killing everything .... by not killing everything slowly this massive bunch of data gets sent when the map unloads (because all these mobs are still alive). That's ok - keep farming herb for time being - it's not your fault, it's the engine's.

Turns out I didn't need to send those packets anyway - so they are no longer being sent. So hopefully lag fixed.
[..]
What a bummer, sorry that the map caused any inconveniences. So the issue is fixed and I can proceed working on Carnival Carnage and do not have to worry about this?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

sure. The issue was strictly engine, not map+d12 !

ToLs just pushes the engine to its limits ... and I'm really amused to have found a huge optimization that had to be made.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Keighn wrote:
eggmceye wrote:class cap changes on reg: nonhumans can now multiclass and use the Shrine of Versatility
a) non humans start at 125% cap and can use versatility to spend 38 levels at versatility to get to 200% cap
b) humans start at 150% and can use versatility to get 200% cap - so humans get a head start and only req spend exactly 25 levels to get to 200% - humans get 13 more levels to spend on stats
Since people in the game can't use basic logic to figure that race skill caps generally work the same on REG and PD so I'll say it now.

THE ABOVE APPLIES TO PD ALSO!

(because DODGE-BOY blames me for not informing him Good fucking grief. :--;: :--;: :--;: )
i still capped at 175%. Please explain this basic logic.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Dunno, but its odd to see my pure classes that didn't remort have 125%. It's cool to have some room to multi.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

euo / moa 1.3.35

* fixed multi bards' auras stacking and not unstacking
* mobs like shadowlords no longer immune to magic damage (10k mr rule no longer applies to magic dmg)
* bong quest complete
* mr cleave and normal cleave now stack (so can reduce mr to 25%)
* unarmed can now perform Wallop
* flav grav: dmg increased to 5d5 + level/3 (was 5d5+level/4)
* VYR gives +15 to Attack strength rather than setting it to 30
* casting VF when polymorphed with VYR does +50% more dmg
* hp formula is now based on str/2.8+lvl*2.5 (was str/2+lvl*1.5) - ie, less str depeendant, more lvl (or all stats in NG case) dependant. ppl with less str have more hp. ppl with hi str unaffected
* hp gain from bone now has diminishing returns, ie the more you wear the less effective it is.
WAS: hpgain=hp*0.1*pieces (for 100% in necro)
NOW: hpgain=hp*0.1*pieces*(1-(pieces-1)*0.055) (for 100% in necro)
* deleted tint wand merchant
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Cool couple of updates. In fact I think a lot of changes like the changes to VYR could do a lot of good for the game.

I did sit on 80% of my coins tho. Are those ever gonna be useful again or are they just collectors now?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I won't speculate on coins... tho I believe when I added in the 2015 pvp tourney tint merch I said "just spend them"
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5191&p=88522&hilit=coin#p88522

and for the 15th birthday, 1 yr ago, again I said "spend" but also noted the merch wasn't going anywhere so there wasn't a rush to spend them
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5377&p=93462&hilit=coin#p93462

so I have some sympathy but not that much.

I won't say whether dia coins will be either available or spendable again. I will say I have "no plans for them"

Maybe the best thing to do is re-instate the 15th bday merch and the tint merch and delete them in a month?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

the diamond coin merchs (15th bday prez & tints) are back open but only for a limited time
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Since the update, the server seems to disconnect/kick me out regularly. Bug?
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

eggmceye wrote:the diamond coin merchs (15th bday prez & tints) are back open but only for a limited time

Appreciate it!
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Fun Quest Couple things:

Do stoned or Very stoned do anything other than cosmetic changes?

Bongs aren't soul bound. Feature?

Also Spent those Coins!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Is the bone thing a nerf or a boon? Was it originally a mistake? Kind of curious on why the change there.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

eggmceye wrote:euo / moa 1.3.35

* fixed multi bards' auras stacking and not unstacking
* mobs like shadowlords no longer immune to magic damage (10k mr rule no longer applies to magic dmg)
* bong quest complete
* mr cleave and normal cleave now stack (so can reduce mr to 25%)
* unarmed can now perform Wallop
* flav grav: dmg increased to 5d5 + level/3 (was 5d5+level/4)
* VYR gives +15 to Attack strength rather than setting it to 30
* casting VF when polymorphed with VYR does +50% more dmg
* hp formula is now based on str/2.8+lvl*2.5 (was str/2+lvl*1.5) - ie, less str depeendant, more lvl (or all stats in NG case) dependant. ppl with less str have more hp. ppl with hi str unaffected
* hp gain from bone now has diminishing returns, ie the more you wear the less effective it is.
WAS: hpgain=hp*0.1*pieces (for 100% in necro)
NOW: hpgain=hp*0.1*pieces*(1-(pieces-1)*0.055) (for 100% in necro)
* deleted tint wand merchant
1. fair enough, that got a little cheesy, even though a couple of the auras are so in need of a boost as to be useless (MR especially)
2. Nice
3. Very nice
4. That's a very situational combo that'll never happen while soloing (which is 90% of this game outside of cheesing)
5. Alright, Monks needed AOE
6. Very nice, FG needed a dmg boost
7. Could be useful
8. Awesome
9. if my math is right, that's +67% more hp from lvl, -14% hp from str, -6% hp for non-necromancer wearing bone and -12% for necromancers. Overall a definite HP buff, but less so for necromancers and (rightly so) fighters and priests. My Necro/fighter build is looking less fun.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I definitely was testing the aoe for monk and its like Chuck Norris round house kicking. Very nice.