Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Comet
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Post by Comet » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:26 am

I'm sad I only found this bug now, since it'll probably be patched in the coming druid update, but pressing F to fire lets you use ranged weapons in dragon form, and it uses claw attacks to calculate the attack speed, i.e. unarmed attack speed . I tried this with a felmyth blackrock vf musket and turned into a dragon toting a machine gun.

Followup bug: equip a cursed fighter weapon and go into berserker stance. Read a scroll of unweld. You stay in berserker stance. In addition to other shenanigans, you can combine this with the glitch above, giving you 25% faster unarmed attacks. Except your unarmed attacks are claw attacks, and your claw attacks are flaming musket balls.

Anyways, not that anyone would actually use this bug, but if you do, I recommend a diamond musket, since the damage calculation uses VYR's 35 AS. I would also potentially combine it with sleeping fist, since with muskets you build enough rage to use sleeping fist after every shot.

EDIT: Works in werewolf form too.
Last edited by Comet on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

LaughingCoyote
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Post by LaughingCoyote » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:32 am

Comet wrote:I'm sad I only found this bug now, since it'll probably be patched in the coming druid update, but pressing F to fire lets you use ranged weapons in dragon form, and it uses claw attacks to calculate the attack speed, i.e. unarmed attack speed . I tried this with a felmyth blackrock vf musket and turned into a dragon toting a machine gun.

Followup bug: equip a cursed fighter weapon and go into berserker stance. Read a scroll of unweld. You stay in berserker stance. In addition to other shenanigans, you can combine this with the glitch above, giving you 25% faster unarmed attacks. Except your unarmed attacks are claw attacks, and your claw attacks are flaming musket balls.

Anyways, not that anyone would actually use this bug, but if you do, I recommend a diamond musket, since the damage calculation uses VYR's 35 AS. I would also potentially combine it with sleeping fist, since with muskets you build enough rage to use sleeping fist after every shot.
PLEASE POST A VIDEO OF THIS FOR POSTERITY :D
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D

LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:04 am

Speaking of bugs, a 2x2 Shadowmage popped through a wall and killed me. Its on PD, so not going to cry *cries* but I'm pretty certain that's a bug.

P.S. In-client screenshot doesn't work when you are dead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.

Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:46 am

As a fervent monk user I play alot on monk, but there is something that has been bugging me for quite a while. It concerns basic attacking and ability use.
So the way I play EUO as a monk is:
1)seize the mob,
2)start bashing it till I get 20 rage (enough for sleeping fist)
3)use sleeping fist to put it to sleep
4)Start over from step 2 till the mob is dead.
As a monk hits quite fast I usually just hold ctlr and direction key then, I have mapped sleeping fist to F3 which can be called as ctlr+shift+direction key.
However when I do this I have to release all keys to start attacking normally again by holding down ctrl. If I don't it and just release the shift so I'm holding down ctrl and direction key. The game registers it as me using shift aswell and thus uses sleeping fist again if I have enough rage otherwise it will say "Not enough rage". We all know that I get the epic damage of 1 cause sleeping fist always deals 1 damage! However this just means I spent 20 rage for nothing.
I use a laptop and use numpad for moving if that matters.
Steps to recreate:
Find a high hp mob with very very very very low damage capability.
Start bashing it normally by holding down ctrl and a direction key till you get 40+ rage (enough rage to use an ability multiple times, this case sleeping fist needs 20 rage, so 40 for twice)
Use sleeping fist by briefly pressing shift key.
Release shift key if you didn't already, don't release ctrl + direction key.
You'll notice you are using sleeping fist once more and then stop attacking cause not enough rage.
I found a similar post in the past, but no answer because it wouldn't replicate. Just thought to bring this to your attention once more.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5243&hilit=shift
A suggestion would be auto use certain skills when rage bar is almost full (toggleable) but that's a pipedream far far away.

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Xophias wrote:
Onyxt wrote:
Xophias wrote:Shields need looked into, Glass Shields are not reflecting as should be and a Large Shield +7 defense is not buffing your defense rating (Armor Class) as intended.
The def + on shields increases the block rate.
Ahh Okay, well glass shields aren't working properly to my knowledge then. o.o
they weren't they were trying to reflect 0 dmg
(this actually applied to silver shields too)
it's basically fixed now, could be better, but it will do
hope didn't break anything else

Onyxt
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Onyxt » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:48 am

The current level 26 on Weekly PD doesnt have a boss. I've cleared out the room a couple times in hopes of it respawning, but its still a no show. Never seen this before, so its probably a rare occurrence.

Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:47 pm

When using drake (mount) in dungeon and I change level with ladders.. I get dismounted... Then it come easily continously "dismount/mount rumba" in many maps.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:06 am

I don't even think drake should be usable in dungeon

Heikki

Post by Heikki » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:29 am

eggmceye wrote:I don't even think drake should be usable in dungeon
Yeh. Then it is also on right thread already (bug thread) :P

Its super cool but I think I can now "run" max speed with full heavy armours + drake.. maybe not expected feature?

Joke of day:

TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:45 am

Necro can not turn the fel blade into a hex blade weapon
EDIT: can't turn any artifact long sword into a hexblade weapon
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...

Heikki

Post by Heikki » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:30 pm

"orcasaurus burger" seems to be on Cooking list at manual but not in game. Bug or not? I really love to see this on list!

egg: it's a quest item but you should, ideally, be able to make it after doing the quest (not implemented)

Joke of day:

Kynt
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Kynt » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:38 pm

Attacking with a musket while stealthed makes the attack cooldown way longer than normal. Havent tried with other weapons yet.

EDIT: On another note, attacking with a ranged weapon without a target (not shooting anything) sets the weapon on cooldown as well. Might be intended, would it be too cheesy to change?

EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:42 pm

made a merchant on reg in bartertown west. (23' 43") and when night time fell, he went away. all the other merchants on the map are there tho. :? :?
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass

Heikki

Post by Heikki » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:49 pm

EmoMage wrote:made a merchant on reg in bartertown west. (23' 43") and when night time fell, he went away. all the other merchants on the map are there tho. :? :?
I did some heavy buying there. Maybe affected somehow because of that? (Seems like it became back at morning)

Joke of day:

EmoMage

Post by EmoMage » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Heikki wrote:
EmoMage wrote:made a merchant on reg in bartertown west. (23' 43") and when night time fell, he went away. all the other merchants on the map are there tho. :? :?
I did some heavy buying there. Maybe affected somehow because of that?
fuck yeah he did. over 6m gold spent less than 30 minutes after it was open. lmao. X-D X-D X-D
eggmceye wrote:

LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:54 pm

Heikki purchased stuff from the merchant over midnight - i remember merchants lasted past midnight as long as you kept them busy, and then disappeared when you finished with them past midnight. Might be old code from that that removed Emo's merchant?

I was waiting/watching 'cause Heikki was hogging it all and I didn't even get a chance to buy what I wanted. :(

Devlin
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Devlin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:01 am

EmoMage wrote:
LaughingCoyote wrote:Boiled (UA) gloves drop, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make boiled cloth (only boiled leather, which are light). Is this an oversight/bug? Or am I missing something?
how'd you make the leather?? I've tried a few times and couldn't figure it out, nor did i see it in the manual.
Scissors + cowhide iirc

I have a minor complaint - When doing an attempt at a weekly run I found there wasn't really a good way to train DEX for the Monk's 50/50 split, and ended up having to use a dex-training weapon like a bow(or what i actually used, foils) not sure if intentional (hence just a minor complaint and not omg bug fix nao egg), but could weapons train their stats by their specific split instead of a fixed value? i.e. barehanded or UA weapons train 50/50 str/dex - longswords train 75/25 str/dex etc etc you might earn 3 points in str, and 1 in dex maybe? just spitballing tho

and now for the bug report :

I can't buy stuff direct from the armoury page, just shows login - i click it and it takes me to the login page where it tells me i'm already logged in
if i'm logged out, it takes me to the login page, which I do, then it boots me to my armoury profile

Even though I'm already logged in it always says "login" under the buy column when doing a merch search.

Onyxt
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Onyxt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:32 pm

There are two versions of An Mani on the weekly PD spell trainer.

Azalynn

Post by Azalynn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:40 pm

On my alt Azser, i decided to remort after level 200ish, now my xp % is going up and has cycled past 100% probably 20 times but im not getting level ups? :?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Azalynn - Retired 1000
Thrall - Retired 1000
Windwalker
Azser
Az
Xentria [LotL]

EmoMage

Post by EmoMage » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm

i told you, when you remort your xp starts back at 0. you remorted at level 200+. your XP has to catch back up to your level before you'll start actually gaining levels again. you didn't lose any levels or stats.
eggmceye wrote: