Ideas Thread 2017

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Ideas Thread 2017

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Thought a bit more about transferring Weekly (Monthly) characters to NG. There are several options and I wanted to lay them all out:

-Can only name characters on Weekly with names that aren't taken on NG.

-Transfer options: Only for characters who win (maybe as an alternative to 50 addy coins), on death, on end of month server wipe, or whenever (like how transferring to alpha works, but kills character on weekly to avoid dupe items).

-Items transferred: None, only equipped items, equipped/inventory items, or all items (including banked).

My opinion, characters who die on weekly should get a prompt asking to transfer to NG (without items). Winners should be able to choose the reward of transferring to NG with items (no addy coins) or transferring to NG without items (and normal 50 addy coin reward).

Of course this would give NG much more power than it has now but it is the server with the least amount of powerful characters/items. My suggestion is to also triple the stats on NG instead of doubling them.
IGN: 1
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

EmoMage wrote:
1[WoWz] wrote:If staves are made non-class]
staves is already "non-class". I just tested.
Turns out staves count towards cap on NG, they're considered mage. classless but still count towards skill cap
Last edited by 1[WoWz] on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

EmoMage wrote: NG shouldn't be any different.
well shit..
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Thought I'd make a list of equipment that doesn't have artifacts. Think I posted some ideas before, maybe I should go through them.

bastard sword
broad sword
cleaver
club
dagger
glaive
kryss
short bow
tomahawk
musket
vintage musket
stilleto
kris
sickle
athame

carved skull
belt
dragonscale boots

mind sigil
body sigil
spirit sigil
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sigils do have a "lesser" artifact status in the glass coin shop.

Did the scythe artifact "grim reaper" or w/e ever get fixed to turn into a sickle via the create hexblade spell? I never got it to work much to my disappointment.

Btw, we artifact frying pan, wine bottle, and brick to throw.

Oh a mirror that says "you mi'lord/lady look FABULOUS! GO GET EM TIGER! MREOWWW!!"
ZUPS!!!!
newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by newmagna »

How about reworking fighter specials:
Flurry hits more times and harder when Longswords/Thunderclap stuns for longer and does more damage when Maces/Bloodbolt hits twice when Spears/Cleave completely removes MR and bleeds target when Axes is 100%.
Also some new specials
Sweep: strikes 4 enemies in front(the one in front and the ones directly adjacent to it, and the ones directly adjacent to those when respective skills are 100%)
Knockback: target is pushed back 1~3 squares and gets stunned.
Double Attack: deals two attacks in with speed of one, the first has small chance to stun and the other has high crit
Dashing attack: doubles fighter speed for a short while and he will auto attack enemies when moving past them(charge should cancel this.)
Blood Strike: sacrifices 10% of hp to deal heavy damage
Circling Attack: hits every adjacent enemy
Spiritual Stance: consumes (10%-(Tactics/20)%) mp per second, deals magic damage equivalent to INT to any normal attack.
Desperation Moment(I'm inspired by this one literally just had the idea): If the fighter has full rage the moment he reaches 0hp he can go on for 5 more seconds(ok probably less time)
Blood Boil: doubles/triples strenght of next attack
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

newmagna wrote:How about reworking fighter specials:
Flurry hits more times and harder when Longswords/Thunderclap stuns for longer and does more damage when Maces/Bloodbolt hits twice when Spears/Cleave completely removes MR and bleeds target when Axes is 100%.
Sounds more like a huge buff, not a rework. Fighters already got some nice goodies recently and I think they're one of the strongest classes in the game at the moment (they have the most solo capability by far).

If we're going to talk about what classes need, here are my opinions:
Fighters - They're really good (taken care of mostly with low rage specials, charge/shield bash combos, and wallop).
Priests - Need to be less boring (some changes to a couple of spells or maybe new special(s) could help).
Rogues - Too squishy, no AoE (could use more buffs like how high dex gives a chance of avoiding VF now).
Mages - They're really good (polymorph needs to be be changed to scale, giving staves a melee use would be neat).
Monks - No AoE but good (I'd like to see an AoE attack coming out of stoneform to give it a use).
Necromancers - They're really good (hexblades are no good because dex is bad and you want int for your spells).
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

1[WoWz] wrote:Necromancers - They're really good (hexblades are no good because dex is bad and you want int for your spells).
I remember someone suggesting making them int/dex 75/25 or something like that, but in the end it didn't happen... for reasons... I'll go check that up but yea it doesn't really make sense to melee with a necro(which kinda makes sense since it's a spellcaster) and instead use it to get out of a tough situation.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

Sandals of water walking/ boots of levitation

new item:bomb(single use)(madde through tink)
-bullet 20
-sheet( prob brass)
-gunpowder(made through alch)

Elemental armor made through A smith with elemental ingot made with elemental ores made through alchemy, made with normal ore/leather/cloth or blackrock/darkweave/the other thing and dragon scales, give elemental resistances or have higher MR innately. we already have dragonscale boots so this seems like the logical next step

new enemy Faerie:humanoid, wields all weapons and wears allarmor, uses magery and sorcery,flies, drops faerie dust.
faerie dust is used to to make glamour essence, that is an ingredient to make things like flight cape, speed boots("lesser" speed), lightweight heavy armour/high def medium/light/UA, and a consumable that speeds you up or gives you super evasion(i used that "or" to say i was indecisive, but it could have a random effect!). We could also a faerie i guess dunno how that could work

Shadow armour for rogues, each piece adds stealth to the wearer(1 point of stealth for every 10% or rogue, rounded down)

bag of holding: holds load equal to user level(belt item)

Dragonscale cape(I watched HTTYD yesterdays in my grandparents): super fire defense, UA

new bird enemies, drop feathers that are used by a tailor to make a feather cape that gives projectile defense

Draconian get a breath attack when in drake form, uses skill in ranged, every shot uses mp, speed and power dunno, can shoot with f if drake form is in quickbar(and is it too much to ask to be able to turn in places more than overworld?)

New spells:
owl form(flies and nv),
asphyxiate(IAH, 5x5 stun and light damage),
wind blast(blows enemies away),
regeneration(cl) heal over time,
magic armor( +def and reflection),
for necro: death ring(3x3 centered on caster poisons and diseases targets),
shadow form(this can actually go to rogues actually, once they gm stealth, they cant attack nor be attacked, and fly around),
phantom weapon(every attack melee and ranged has a chance to trigger another attack that deals magic damage,
this one could also go to monk),
and fear(mobs flee, as per BE, and this one could also go to cleric),
mage blade(temporarily(like 30 secs tops) imbues weapon with extra as, stacking with what the weapon already has, up to +5(limited by char's level)),
heavenly weapon(for monk or cleric, weapon bypasses armor and deals magic damage as well),
holy fire(sigle target gets silenced and cant cast)

wind stance(for fighters or monks, or rogues): increases speed but decreases accuracy(you move two spaces every time you walk, cancelled by sneaking around)

I still like circle attack and dashing attack

tome of dissociative disorder(soulbound): the idea is that a gm scribe and gm meditator can make a book and mythicize it, creating this. You use it once to "save" a "persona" inside, with the combat skills, stats and also the name of the character that used it and create a "blank" slate, level 1 charcater again, but with all the items usable by any other "persona"(each can only make one book, so you need to gm scribe with every one of them), EXCEPT the previous soulbound ones(this last part seems to complicated to program?? but i bet it can be done) and you get to start a new character in any other way, and change it on the fly. Yes this is fucking OP as hell, but I think the idea is interesting, and i just wanted to put it out here. to counter balance it's usefullness the tome could be super heavy, like 100 units, and unable to be put on the bag of holding(yes, i play nethack. sue me)

And finally, a "class awakening" quest on pd and reg that would let you go beyond 100% on one class per charcater(not expanding the 75% you get for remort/versatility), and gives you the title sword saint, sorcery master, pope for clerics, that gives some kinda bonus to the character. only one class per character/persona
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

newmagna

Post by newmagna »

throwing stars
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

new item dragonhead
vf at cost of low mp
dippable and ampable
gm enchant (skull dragonscale and ember)
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

also posted in future classes thread
Battle mage!
uses scepters(rods, offhand) and lances(spears). these two basically are used to melee but both give a spell casting advantage similar to staves. you turn them into "magical catalyst" or whatever like you do blessed maces and hexblades.
The idea is a melee class that uses supportive spells kinda like clerics but with less offensive and healing and kinda like necro but with less of being a mess.
The spell list(heavily adapted from my holy knight idea)
-catalyse weapon: turns rods into scepter and spears in to lances, which are part of the "catalyst weapons" skill(wow that name is crappy)
-flash: blinds enemies and illuminates surroundings for a while, also maybe bad breath status?
-force strike: uses weapon to deal physical & magical damage
-asphyxia: stuns enemies in a 5x5 radius for a few seconds(grows with skill level)(very light damage)
-phantom fire: create a 1hp light source that attracts enemies attention(can create up to 3 as akill increases)
-mind over matter: increases strenght and dexterity like EU but only 10-20%(increases with skill) and no hard cap(this is a melee class after all)
-mind still: stops 1 target from using magic temporarily
-displacement: create 2~5 clones around caster that absorb damage until it dies, the caster is attacked or attacks something, which cancels effect, which also cannot be used at the same time as:
-mage armor: buffs defense and mr temporarily and reflects damage.
-mage blade: buffs weapons' AS by a maximum of 3 and adds def penetration for 30 seconds
-airwalk: self explanatory
-soul split: stops target from using magic for longer and leechs mana
-freeze ray: ice damage and slows enemies 3 units in front of caster
-space distortion: halves movement and attack speed, and doubles mana cost of of magic of enemies in a 5x5 around the caster
-breaking point: weapon deals shock damage instead of physical, in a 3x3 around melee target
-aura explosion: attacks everything in a 3x3 around caster for 10~20 seconds. cant be used with
-aura of radiation: weakens targets(as by disease) in 5x5 radius around caster for 3 seconds(targets STAY diseased for longer, but the "radiation" only lasts a few moments)
"catalysts weapons"(that name is still crappy) have two specials: DASH ATTACK and CIRCLE ATTACK. DA gets characters sped up(stacks with MOM) and attacks every enemy in range for as fast as weapon speed allows. CA attacks every enemy around you for double damage.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

taken straight from ddo:
the ability to setup extra quickbars that you access by pressing ctrl, alt, shift...
Last edited by newmagna on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Heh.. Dragon skulls. Ya know i posted a bunch of dragon-man heads. They might fit as offhand. Maybe put the graphic over the orb template. Not my original idea for them but it could work.

Dunno if they appear now. I need to set up a flckr account since photobucket is a bitch lame site.
Lion2301
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Belts

Post by Lion2301 »

Hi,

Am I overlooking something or is it neither possible to buy a plain belt nor to craft one? This is a bit strange because belts are needed at least for crafting a Belt of Regeneration (Enchanting), a bone belt and a Girdle of the Dead (Bonecrafting).
Belts seem to be a quite rare monster drop so maybe they should be added to tailoring.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Belts

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Lion2301 wrote:Hi,

Am I overlooking something or is it neither possible to buy a plain belt nor to craft one? This is a bit strange because belts are needed at least for crafting a Belt of Regeneration (Enchanting), a bone belt and a Girdle of the Dead (Bonecrafting).
Belts seem to be a quite rare monster drop so maybe they should be added to tailoring.
Belt is craftable with a sewing kit and 1 piece of leather at tailoring skill 40.
Lion2301
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Lion2301 »

Ah, OK, didn't know that. This should be added to the Tailoring chart in the manual.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Lion2301 wrote:Ah, OK, didn't know that. This should be added to the Tailoring chart in the manual.
You're right, I just added it to the manual. Yeah the manual could use some updates. Would be nice to get some volunteers for it.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

From the Cash Shoppe thread:
XP TRANSFER
For the price of 10c per level for the reg server ONLY, and 5$ minimum will remove xp from one character and put it onto another. Both characters must be on the same account and on reg server, NO EXCEPTIONS. (yes we all know emo got his brother's xp but i) they were brothers ii) that won't ever be happening again!!)

This is a transfer of XP, not levels, so moving 50 levels of xp from char X to char Y who is already lvl 100 will NOT translate into lvl 150 on char Y - maybe closer to barely 5 levels!

The chars that are getting the xp removed will be reset to level 1, and may be deleted next prune - so empty their banks. I won't transfer SOME xp off that char: it's all of it or nothing.

If this service enthuses you, email me euo@swut.net

here's the xp table if you want to cheese max value outa the system: http://swut.net/euo/files/euo_xp_table.xls
How about a service (cash or otherwise) for level 500 characters that lets you split half of your experience to a another character? A level 500 character has the same XP as two level 359 characters. This could give a way for people to keep playing, get to experience new characters without early game, and they can rebuy all their drake mounts/avatars/other goodies for the 2nd character too ;)

Level 1000 characters on PD get an Addy Res Stone so having an option open to maxed regular characters might be good.