newbs and attitudes

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

kyloth
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

newbs and attitudes

Post by kyloth »

Last night between 2-4 am central time USA, i had a very negative encounter with two other players on global. a new player named hype had never played before, and i began talking to him, very polite, told him reading the manual is always good, then i began to get really good drops on pd, which from my experience on PD, even noob items and vendor junk like +1 diamond kryss are not common drops early game, and i got alot of them quickly. so i made comment on the cool items i had found. stud mr+1 belt ring mr+1 diamond kryss, venom broadsword, not really all that great of items. but i was excited about it because i got a whole boatload of green items before level 20 and i was happy about my newb gear, and i was gearing up to offer to give some to the new guy, to inspire a fun community. i was also tryin to show the new guy that good lucks streaks make the game fun. i was immediate insulted and attacked by zerg and dwarffighter for using global to communicate with the guy about my excitement, (Hype was on reg) they kept trying to tell me it was meaning less and useless crap and that i was just spamming, called me stupid, tried to tell me i didnt know anything about the game ect ect. basic bully behavior, and the whole time im defending my idea by saying things like "i enjoy early game, PD is a good challenge, i get excited over newb gear because its PD and that stuff useful to me at every restart" then im assailed by them insulting me because i said that i have played far enough, and been through enough of the game to understand how far it goes. admitted ive never hit lv 1k, whatever but get dissed for not doing a specific questline or whatever, i dont care, what it really comes down to, is hype said the community sucked because of negativity, and probably wont play again, i feel like crap because i was trying to be jovial for the sake of the newb, and trying to offer up what little i got, and i got attacked and insulted repeatedly by two oldschool players, and i also want to point out ive been playing close to a year now and ive never had these problems with anyone before, like ever. ive never been called childish for enjoying a good streak of drops, ive never had to defend my opinion, ive never encountered anyone so mean on this game before. everyone else ive met here (which is quite a few really old schools, namely keig, crow, gavin, emo, blackmage, and a few others) have been incredibly kind and made for an enjoyable game experience. im worried that these two guys drove of the newb hype for good, and i dont know what to do about the attitudes ive been receiving. im not the kinda guy to go out of my way to pick a fight or to try and get someone else in trouble, but guys... really.... its not cool to treat anyone that way. its not nice to attack people for enjoying the game, and if you think globals being flooded with noob talk, try saying like, "can use guys use whisper or party up or something" not "quit being a child, everything your saying is stupid, its just noob junk, your a bad player, you suck because you havent done this quest yet, you dont know anything about EUO" because the second response to someone enjoying themselves is what i got, and is also the reason hype might never play euo again. and he seemed like a cool dude. was lookin forward to having another newb to run with. all in all what im saying is, be nicer to people. please.
WHABALADUBDUB! My people have another saying. "Gubba nub nub do ra ka." It means, "Whatever lets you sleep at night."
kyloth

Re: newbs and attitudes

Post by kyloth »

"Because if you're not being useful in this world you're being useless. Don't be useless: go make stuff that makes people happy!" Kevin Smith-anti agression on the internet.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/4034135?utm ... 9a0843669a

worth the read.
WHABALADUBDUB! My people have another saying. "Gubba nub nub do ra ka." It means, "Whatever lets you sleep at night."
kyloth

Post by kyloth »

to be honest the whole thing bothered me so much that i am missing out on 15X xp because i dont want to log in again while those two are online because i dont want to get shit talked and pushed around while i try to grind. those guys where being real jerks earlier and now i feel like i cant even enjoy playing euo tonight. ruined my last two hours. wasted the only free time i had to grind this weekend, and it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. i never would have thought i would meet anyone on euo who would be so rude as to make me not want to log in without someone i know being logged in at the same time so i would have a witness to their abusive behavior and help me not be affected by their insults... :no:
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

There's the /ignore <playername> option. /global off etc.
Djanno :smoke:
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

you whine a lot, bro. it's a game. just chill and play.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
kyloth

Post by kyloth »

wow. how supportive emo, never thought you woulda had such a bad attitude about it, the whole point of the post is because that exact type of negativity is what makes people feel unwelcome. its not about the game. its about the community. i skip great games if the people suck, and i'm not the only one. if wanted to be called a retard in my off time i would just play league of legends or watch football.
EmoMage wrote:you whine a lot, bro. it's a game. just chill and play.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Must've happened after I logged off. I was tired and One Punch man was over. I got off at like midnight or 1 am.

Yeah, I can agree that "griefing" (luring shit) and putting down others is pretty damn stupid. EUO doesn't have enough traffic and I know Colt has been trying to help drum up more support along with Egg. It's piss poor attitudes. I've snubbed a few too but only ones that constantly ask for stuff. I know kyloth in game tries hard to not borrow or ask for stuff and enjoys the early parts of the game.

Its a game. its supposed to be fun for ALL.

But, there's /ignore "playername" and /tradechan off and /global off.

If there is griefing. Well, I leave that issue up to egg. He's the only moderator around these days and he's busy doing whatever he does.
ZUPS!!!!
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

drink a beer and relax, dude. the few times that i've talked to you, you've been the one that kinds seems uptight. i've asked you a few things and i'm the one that gets the cold shoulder. maybe you've had a bad day or so, who knows. it's not my business to know. so maybe this dude that you're talking to that seems like an ass in your opinion is really a cool guy and just had a bad time while talking to you.

i talked to the dude earlier, and he's cool. just relax, and play. there's been 2 people tell you about the /ignore feature. if he makes you mad again, use it. don't come to the forums and whine and tattle. no one likes a tattle tale..
eggmceye wrote:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

But TargetDummy (my alt) likes to chase tail....
Mr.Crowley
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Mr.Crowley »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.... This looks like something that would have been posted a couple of years ago. :getout:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

emo and crowley, you just confirmed the OP's myth, congrats on being dicks
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

It's funny that the same people that complain about a stagnant playerbase that lacks new players are the same ones that treat a new player like shit :fp:
IGN: 1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

1[WoWz] wrote:It's funny that the same people that complain about a stagnant playerbase that lacks new players are the same ones that treat a new player like shit :fp:
yep
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

I apologize for saying rude stuff.

Nechtan
Mr.Crowley
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Mr.Crowley »

eggmceye wrote:emo and crowley, you just confirmed the OP's myth, congrats on being dicks

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. He's a scrub lord eggliton ;)
You will find the strength
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....

-Ruki- His tribute song
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

jesus h krist
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wonder what the H stands for. My grandfather yelled that a lot also.

But enough.............

We're in serious trouble... its the evil necroforce with their newest ally.

I dunno how the rest of EUO will survive..... Emo has assembled the deadliest threat to Euotopia since peanut butter, mustard, and bacon pudding sandwiches!!! We MUST stop them!

EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

but but but but but but but but............... X-D
eggmceye wrote: