hello

Re: Ideas thread 2016

Post by eggmceye »

I like realistic and comfortable.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Man, there are some bridges I've worked on where you can't even crawl under because its at water level and full of sticks and debris (damn beaver damns). But I've thought about that same thing for a while.

God, think of a water slide world with currents similar to Rusty's Jungle map and waterfalls, and WHIRLPOOLS.
We have not yet properly utilized a whirlpool except for the trapdool. Thinking about that... why the heck hasn't the whirlpool graphic been used for the underworld entrance? Its a trapdoor and all but still (and don't forget the text... "The huge swirling whirlpool pulls you down beneath the waters surface. ALL IS DARK..... You arrive to shores unseen."
Yes save the cat!!!

Or you could just say: "The huge swirling whirlpool sucks you down beneath the waters surface. ALL IS DARK..... YOU DROWN. YOU'RE DEAD! HAHAHAHA!! WHAT'D YOU EXPECT?"

You know, I'd been thinking about graphics for cataracts and rivers for currents and water rafting and new boats.
Evil Gargantuan fish says what?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

It'd be cool if JAWS and Nessie gave ears. We need a squid one also.. Like Squiggles the Squid. Also, shouldn't JAWS and Nessie be tougher than an elder sea serpent or elder shark. I mean... its JAWS and NESSIE for gods sake. Nothing over the top except maybe Jaws does bleeding damage and Nessie launches FG. Or maybe Choker. It just has some constriction damage in addition to being hamstringed.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

I've been thinking more about artifact suits lately...

I think that there should be a certain bonus for each item of the same suit added. For example..

Code: Select all

Shardcrystal
1 Shardcrystal item = stats of item
2 Shardcrystal items = stats of both items, +3% str (something small, but an incentive to make the rest of the suit useful again)
3 Shardcrystal items = stats from all three items, +5% str & 1 magic resistance
4 Shardcrystal items = stats from all four items, 7% str, & 2 magic resistance
and for all 5 Shardcrystal items = stats from all items, 10% str, 3 magic resistance, & 50HP
Something small, and doesn't even have to be what i said. There is only ONE item from each suit that everyone really wants. The rest just sits in chests unused, or made into mythic material because "it's a shitty item".

But for the other suits, this is what I've kind of pictured.

Frenzy
1 Frenzy item = stats of item
2 Frenzy items = stats of both items, +3% str
3 Frenzy items = stats from all three items, +5% str, 3% dex, & 1 magic resistance
4 Frenzy items = stats from all four items, 7% str, 5% dex, & 2 magic resistance
and for all 5 Frenzy items = stats from all items, 10% str, 7% dex, 3 magic resistance

Nightstalker
1 Nightstalker item = stats of item
2 Nightstalker items = stats of both items, +3% dex
3 Nightstalker items = stats from all three items, +5% dex & 1 magic resistance
4 Nightstalker items = stats from all four items, 7% dex, & 2 magic resistance
and for all 5 Nightstalker items = stats from all items, 10% dex, 3 magic resistance, & 5% damage added to backstabb

Ironfist
1 Ironfist item = stats of item
2 Ironfist items = stats of both items, +3% str & 3% dex
3 Ironfist items = stats from all three items, +5% str, +5% dex, & 2% faster rage
4 Ironfist items = stats from all four items, 7% str, +7% dex, & 5% faster rage
and for all 5 Ironfist items = stats from all items, 7% str, 7% dex, 5% faster rage, & 2 magic resistance
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

House search for all servers. Sometimes its good to be able to find a house of yours or a buddy you want to visit.
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

I bet its suggested already , nightmare mount for some addy coins.
No damage on lava with that mount, but i want it for the looks. X-D
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

can only mount while on main land, there isn't any lava to fuck with you anyway. why make it lava-proof
eggmceye wrote:

Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

EmoMage wrote:can only mount while on main land, there isn't any lava to fuck with you anyway. why make it lava-proof
Does Maeondir or the Apocalyptic New Sosaria have lava? A nightmare mount may be useful there.
Does the flying carpet offer any protection against lava or high seas?
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

didn't think about apoc, but not enough to matter anyway...

and it's FLYING. what do you think?
eggmceye wrote:

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

nightmare mount sound doable, and I don't recall it ever being suggested before either ...

unsure if it should cost $ or not
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

eggmceye wrote:nightmare mount sound doable, and I don't recall it ever being suggested before either ...

unsure if it should cost $ or not
So would it be able to be used in maps? Or simply be able to resist lava? Regardless- if it's dye-able i'd buy one.

Side note- magic carpet is my #1 favorite gift ever given in EUO history. It saves lives. . . oh and a ton of time. :lesson:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Apoc Map is more like a dungeon than a continent. I might be wrong, but you can't use a boat, a raft, levitate, and most of the time cyan or IP fails. I'm not entirely sure a horse works there. I'll check. Its build like that for a reason so the map doesn't get broken (think Catherine and her guide when she mentions that.). Apoc map is far from finished I believe.

Nope Horse don't work. So its probably a dungeon-type map that looks like a continent. Awesome Idea really.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Lord's Pardon - removes all criminal time. Costs.. oh crystal coins or addy coins... w/e (gold would cheapen it) Maybe even glass coins.

House Deed (carbon Copy) - You read it and it tells you where your house is. I've been seeing a few oldies forgetting where it is.
House Search would rock also.

Merchant Deed (tells you where your Merchant is)
Bank Deed (Tells you where your personal banker is)

MERC contranct - Tells you where you left your Hireling at (which bar in which town) and how much you owe him or are paying them.

OF course you actually need NPCs you can hire to put in your party (Not counted against a real party)
The higher the level the more they NPC costs per .... well Week or month. This way you could actually emulate a full party with yourself.
Hireling maybe get pets (or if you choose beatsmaster NPC).

Summons last until Killed or Dismissed

Dismiss ability sold at univesity under the general ability guy. It dismisses fountain water demons, actual spell summons, clones, giblet golems, sword golems, insect swarms, clones you create, clay figurine golems, healing totems, fire wards, etc. (does not affect monster summons by monsters or other players summons).

Bless or remove Hex spell
Awaken Spell for sleep.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

mundane idea... ability to make tinted regen rings and regen belts.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Note how full chest/bank is when accessing. I think someone was asking about this recently...
Djanno :smoke:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I love full screen and I love taking screenshots. Sometimes you can't take a screenie.

Ability to take screenies:
* while M map mode is up.
* reading a book
* dealing with bank or merchants.
* talking with NPCs

I think those might be the only times you can't easily take a screenshot in full screen mode.

Set alarm on pocket watch. (yeah we need some sort of sound effect that lasts a little for the alarm). I know it sounds dorky but sometimes I honestly don't pay attention to the time clock on the pocket watch (mostly thinking about midnight here so setting the alarm :30 before would be pretty cool to remind you its coming.. or when daylight is approaching).
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

the screenshot you can hit print screen, then open up paint or something and just hit "paste" there's your screen shot.

the pocket watch alarm would be nice tho. real nice.
eggmceye wrote:

Tink

Post by Tink »

Theres a screenshot folder under EUO dir.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I know that. Try to take one full screen doing what I posted.

* How about 2x2 mobs that drop meat or reagents (ie fire lizards drop meat or sulphur) have the possibility to drop up to 4 pieces. I mean god they're so much bigger.

* Greater Wand of Disenchantment - it completely turns a magical item nonmagical (ie. a +13 str item would become normal, a +36 normal +0 etc)
Last edited by Keighn on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

How hard would it be to implement a full boneweave set into the code? I mean there's like 3 other weaves (silverweave, battleweave, goldweave) so adding in bone for necros should be easy? :)

Also adding in the ability to ench bone things would be great! I GM'd enchanting hoping to make a boneweave belt of regen but sadly I can't :( also can't do a bone ring of regen!
"All things end in judgement."