Ideas thread 2016

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Secos
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Re: Ideas thread 2016

Post by Secos »

Keighn wrote:Something that lets you know you're in Heroic/epic maps. Either a tint to the screen or even the 'm'ap telling you its Heroic or Epic. Usually one knows but if you're in a party or invite someone and don't tell them they might not know. Sometimes I forget even. (usually lack of respawning mobs reminds me.

Plus I'd think it'd be cool if the screen was a little tinted for such a thing. Epic being REDish tint and Heroic greenish or somthing....

Good Idea. We need an indicator.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Another thought:
Up in the effects active that tick away:
display how much time you have left for Happy Hour & Whatever the weekend is doing (ie more boss mobs or xp weekend). I seem to keep looking back at armoury a lot just to be sure.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well I finished bonecrafting up to 100. It made me think and wonder why vampire dust wasn't used in any recipes (as in reintroduce it). Ah hunting vamps was fun in the day just to get dust. Also wondering why if you ever find skulls and bones off of undead monsters (at the very least skeletal versions). Just like how basilisks and gazers sometimes drop a body part.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

i'll totally reintroduce vamp dust if someone gives me a good reason/recipe for it
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Vamp dust + sulfur = explosive potion This potion explodes on contact or sets an enemy on fire.
Vamp dust + water = Reanimate a 'friendly' vampire.
Vamp dust + stake = Cursed stake of blindness Stabbing someone with this stake would make them blind and their attacks vampiryc for a couple of seconds.
Vamp dust + gazer brain + minotaur heart + ooze + shadow horn + diseased bandage + dragon hide = Monster brew. Temporarily transforms you into a random mob that won't be attacked by that particular mob. Also gives you criminal time.
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

i played around with ranged weapon, now that is slow and do more damage , why not give a higher chance of critical hit if you shoot from stealth ?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, until I figure out a recipe (come on guys get your thinking caps on); I'll just have to bring up the ultimate combat reference of the Fighter/Monk = Street Fighter

I present the idea based on: (one of my alts)

MIKE HAGGAR

So naturally we need the outfit (I suggest more of the middle as short shorts is just god awful) SUSPENDERS YEAH!

EFTV has one so EUO needs it: Steel or Lead Pipe - Nothing wakes mobs up in the morning like eating lead...

Now We get into the combat moves: First off - Head Butt, Knee Slam, Knock Back (haggar not depicted as he does a choke hold then head butt)

The aforementioned choke hold (yeah I like walking around choking the life out of wussy mobs.... just before a nice series of head butts.

And what would street fighting be without the - BACK DROP Crush those mob necks and knock em silly.

No known Haggar...er street fighter could go without the - Double Lariat to nail mobs around him ... or her I suppose off their asses.

And the crem dela creme :
PILE DRIVER

PILE DRIVER

PILE DRIVER!!!!

So when do we get to sign up for EUO Street fighter? Are you game?

Remember EUO CITY needs YOU!
Last edited by Keighn on Mon May 02, 2016 4:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Secos
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Secos »

Awesome Post
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Monk should have had bitch slap attack also...

While we're at it.. we need top hats also... and trench coats.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Everyone on PD agrees that the last boss in Anathema should be a Big Pink Balron named ANNA.... and when you kill her you get her panties. I'm always saying I'm going to Raid Heroic Anna's Panties.. so it makes sense.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

COLOR CHART
RED - name of recipe
GREEN - ingredients of recipe
ORANGE - new ideas to implement

Bloody Mary - 10x vamp dust, khaki potion, 2x purple potion, 10x fangs. Allows drinker to have 15 seconds of 100% rage with vampyric effects; however, since it's an alcoholic drink, we can't allow it to be that good right?; so, you have a 25% "confusion" or missed attacks.

Wings of a Vampire - 5x vamp dust, 5x bat wings, 1 mothra meat.. Allows eater to be able to fly for 20 seconds at max speed (similar to drake mount) Could allow a 15% chance for summoned bats, from any vampire, to drop a "bat wing". And since no one really uses Mothra's anymore except for sleep wind for their pets... introduce mothra meat

(since it seems at all vampires have some sort of jacket/cape/cloak) Vampire Cloak - 5x vamp dust, 1 darkweave robe, 2x black potion Allows user to be invisible for 60 seconds. (like VSL) Could potentially give tailoring a new use, making the darkweave robes (i'd raise the level requirement to make darkweave tho. gotta be a little more challenging), and alchemy.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

So as we all would like the Druid or Bard class I have some suggestions :)

Druid:
Has a souldbound pet that has the exact same BASE values as the druid himself.
Is able to upgrade his soulbound pet with new abilities when feeding enough of certain mob materials.
Pets start out as Slimes.

Code: Select all

Slime => (Cheese) Rat               => (Snake Fangs) Rattlesnake   => (Basislisk Eye) Basilisk     => (Hydra Fang) Hydra  
                                    => (Fish) Hellcat              => (Lava Fish) Glowing Cat
      => (Carapace) Insect swarm    => (Vampire Dust) Bats         => (Vampire Wings) Mongbats     => (Gazer Brain) Gazer 
                                    => (Diseased Bandages) Zombie  => (Tinted Weaponry) Tinted Wights
	   => (Clear Potion) Water Demon => (Sulfur) Imps               => (Frost Orc Meat) Ice Memphit => (Devil Wings) Devil
                                    => (Glowing Embers) Lava Demon => (Golem Power Crystal) Fire Golem

Or something like that (I know it makes no sense but I am sure someone else can provide an improved version of this.
Bard
Cannot attack normally.
Has songs that drain mana while active.
Can only play 1 song at a time.
Songs function in a Radius and have reduced effect beyond walls.
List of songs:
-Song of depravity (Halves targets MR)
-Song of Annoyance (Targets turn into berserk state granting faster attack and cast speed but take increased damage)
-Song of Soothing (Heals allied party members every X sec.
-Crescendo (Improved walk speed for EVERYONE)
-False note (Hostile enemies within range bleed)
-Lullaby (Sleeps everyone every 10 sec)
-High Voice (Shatters glass weapon in hand)
and this ability :)
Hard Rock (Bashes up nearby enemies) but cannot play a song for 10 sec.

The class should be dex based. Maybe Dex and Int for damage.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Any chance we'll get party limits raised from 5 to say 8 or 10? Had a few times we just didn't have room.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Keighn wrote:Any chance we'll get party limits raised from 5 to say 8 or 10? Had a few times we just didn't have room.
Please do, there are limited players who log on regularly, so I hate the fact that we need to exlude someone cause of party cap.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Rumper wrote:
Keighn wrote:Any chance we'll get party limits raised from 5 to say 8 or 10? Had a few times we just didn't have room.
Please do, there are limited players who log on regularly, so I hate the fact that we need to exlude someone cause of party cap.

like this guy...

/me points to self.
eggmceye wrote:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Any plans to fill out the bone armour for cloth and heavy... greaves, gauntlets, plate boots, I guess there's bone belts, bone pants, bone ua boots, bone gloves... (at the least heavy.. I wan't to be like some of the bone dudes in the movies.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

@egg, please consider making the stiletto's (necro rondel) dual wield-able. It'd be so much more useful to me to make me want to use hexblades.
eggmceye wrote:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm trying to find the update where the weekends were changed. Seems I keep skipping over it. As emo puts it:
emomage wrote:it's reg back to back and then pd back to back. so if the reg XP comes first like you say, then the order would be
REG 2X XP
REG 1 IN 20 BOSSES
PD 2X XP
PD 1 IN 20 BOSSES[/quote}

Back to back how? Saturday then Sunday? 1st Weekend, 2nd Weekend, 3rd Weekend, 4th Weekend?

Keighn wrote: Oh, I thought it was more complex than that. Seems NG server loses out on bosses (which is your real hunt for items as levels are nix there).

Seems like there could be tweaking. Now no everything has to be mob related. I suppose a couple of weekends could just be personal buffs.

ie... +mana, +HP, +regen for survivability. and a weekend where you strike harder say +10% extra damage. But that's all grind related. Instead of rotating servers just apply the buffs for the main servers. Ie here's how I'd think of trying it:

(applies to following servers): (though I feel bad leaving out say PVP, EFTV, Weekly, Alpha)
Regular
PD
NG

1st Weekend of the Month:
x2 XP Reg (forget what it is on PD 15x xp?, NG skills/stats rise slightly faster)

2nd Weekend of the Month: (applies to REG, PD, NG)
1 in 20 bosses

3rd Weekend of the Month: (REG, PD, NG)
Energy Weekend Bonus (ie +mana, +HP, +Regen, +Resistances (dunno elmental and/or MR)

4th Weekend of the Month: (REG, PD, NG)
Smack down Bonus +10% dmg, Faster Rage, Faster Cast, Faster swings

See if people get excited about it or not.
Some people are die-hard one server or the other. All in all its a bonus event so its not like we're losing out the way it is. I just wondered what others thought on the current xp and boss weekends?
Last edited by Keighn on Sun May 08, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

No monthly events for NG ?

I suggest tinted drop event , 30% more chance of tinted drop.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Not everything is about drops. Survivability to fight harder areas can be just as valuable. I haven't played NG in years and I've read there's been a lot of changes so maybe its pretty easy to survive there. I don't know.