Ideas thread 2016

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

here we go again, post em if you got em

and yes I read these threads, tho I am more likely to read a short succinct post than a lengthy one, I am lazy afterall

my 2016 euo todo list:
* finish up weekly revamp

then, from my document, some of these I can't even figure out what they mean :--;:
unbind spell buy repeat hit fkey in shift-c
no failed message for corp por vs shadow warriors

named mobs that get rejigged such as big essy lose their name (and special stuff)

bone->10 taming bones?
taunt: maybe make ranged, or make it like choking , or maybe make it a link spell inside a combo

- add a spell heal pet that does not need targeting
- pet battle roar autocast if taught
mv silver coin merch into a fancy shop in jail, and replicate in izumi
fix xtal coins dropping: i think it is mobs with coins unspawning (not dying) and that keeps the id flagged as giving a coin - but when do they unspawn ?
allow F autoswap but do better network
barrel to woodcraft? (need steel straps, cooper skill)
self seeding plants (or just remove old age for some)
watering bot / golem / sprinkler / water demon
olive press
mill
wheat beer
necro aparetif, digestif
q for quests, cycle thru
happy NY everyone, for what it's worth (not much)
Buy my book! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/452011
Please follow my twitter ... I'm actually using it now! http://twitter.com/euotopia
And facebook I suppose http://facebook.com/euotopia

Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Ideas thread 2016

Post by Rumper »

Technically we could ask lot's of people to copy their chars to alpha and then tell them to give us the myth artifacts and stuff like that :D

A new idea for PD. Make a super rare drop called Empty pill of condensation, which you can 'fill' with xp. When it reaches like 100million xp or something you can eat it to get permanent stat/hp/mana/AS increase like +1 or something.

Monk OP implementation plan

Add an weapon wearable that does not interfere with monk gloves but you can enchant/wot it to get + attack/vig/stat/NV/MR or something :D
Call it liquid membrane of piercing or something and should be droppable thus having a chance to end up tinted.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2015

Post by Keighn »

I've been playing Fable TLC lately and I noticed something that reminded me of some other games and that was a logbook of what you've done.

Kind of surprised each character doesn't have a short little log book that records important tasks and accomplishments they'v done including stuff they could add themselves. It'd be more of a timeline I suppose.
ZUPS!!!!
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Yeah, would be kinda nice and have more use for age :D

Here for some ideas that could potentially make me stronger :twisted:
A command that you can use at lvl 1K to get your addy res stone and remove yourself from scoreboard would be nice :D

Specific town portals of which you can only buy 1 or 2 each day that make a tp to that town. Can be a daily quest to get those.

Respawn time for Foxeaux decreased, don't want to wait 20 min+ for his respawn LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.

Greater scroll of health that is scaled with lvl/stat.

Meditation change so it could regen up to 0.5% mana and health every 5 sec. Or current rate if current rate is higher.

Glass gloves should work like normal glass weapons while armoured glass gloves (ligh,med and heavy) shouldn't.

Golems MR attribute applies to gear, but isn't this a racial bonus?

It would be nice if MR cleave could be bought at university.

More frequent class based drops, or make it even more evil for lotl that the class you are the equip drops are lower than other classes :P

Monk upgrade:
I don't know if it's just me but monk damage should be upgraded. I have 208 AS with a fg but I still do 130-140 damage a hit using battleweave gloves and jewelry total of +33 AS. This damage however remains the same whether versus Hero dragons or lowlvl mobs. Haven't tried epic. Using staves however I do (almost) full AS damage using adamantium gnarled staff. 190 damage while having 200 AS. But total DPS is higher for gloves though, atleast according to DPS meter.

As sanctity is heavily meditation based, maybe reduce meditation time according to how high your meditation skill is.
Tink

Post by Tink »

You hit for less, but full UA and gloves you attack a lot faster to balance it.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Here's how Fable handles town teleports and special areas. There are these spots you can teleport to IF AND ONLY IF you visit and touch the portal receptacle. I forget what they're called in fable. After you visit a list of visited areas that have the portal repticle pops up and you choose.

Might & magic had that but you had to pay gold. And I'm sure there were others.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

And with sleeping fist it's double damage. Then there are criticals so I'm not sure how much more % a critical is over normal strike... If you are adept at deploying your sleeping fist and strikes you'll [insert dorky synonym for something like 'really good at' here] ass.

How does it stack up to rogue or fighter? Dunno ask Mackey.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

RS 2.0 had that too, you had to activate a portal before being able to set it up as a bind. But these coloured stones that you can attain with a quest only are many times better. Towns are able to be bound and that is more than good enough.

I was thinking of having more passive abilities for different classes. Maybe be able to choose 1 perk from whatever class you have over 80 class points in.
Example ideas
For warriors you can choose a perk between slight increase in damage and endure (which lets you endure 1 fatal blow once every minute)
For rogues you can choose between a slight increase in crit rate and increased movement speed
For monks you can choose between a slight increase in hp or faster meditation
For priests you can choose between improved healing and 5 vig boost
For mages you can choose between reduced mana cost and reduced casting speed

However these are only minor examples. You can potentially have many more perks for your class.
As how to get these perks they should be hiddden quest that are near impossible to complete unless you got a full party with atleast 1 rogue (for determining traps) 2 tanks for aggroing the mini boss and rest of damage dealers as boss grows stronger every second it is aggroed.

I won't list all possible perks because there are way too many possible options, but here is a nice list of normal perks:
10% resists (stun, poison, sleep, asphyxated, fire, ice, lightning, confuse, disease)
1% Increases (hp, mana, as, def, MR, NV, vig, crit rate, crit damage, attack speed, movement speed, spell duration)
+5% Skill cap increase (all kinds of different combat and crafting skills)
+5% class cap increase
Then all sorts of misscellaneous perks like reduced resources cost. reduced delays, status effects, survivability, etc

Monk rant

Having aura abilities on top of apsects could make for some interesting gameplay.
E.g. Reserving 30% of your total mana or using 5 mana a tick for a miniscule increase in hp/attack speed/stun chance/confuse chance/elemental resistances/damage mitigation/etc.
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

monks criticals don't really hit offen , thats y i don't like ua n stick with all heavey for mr on my monk priest,
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

How about making trap disarm and picking locks like this?

You rogues know you'd love it!! :heart: X-D :heart:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2016

Post by Keighn »

At the beginning of the year this thread and the one where you give feedback to each poster reminds me of New year resolutions and new year predictions that came true and those cast forth (yeah blame coast to coast George Nooray for that).

Always a pleasure to read.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Re: Future classes!
by eggmceye » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:21 pm
Wochoo wrote:
Would be cool with some kind of class that get bonuses from cursed gear or somthing

necromancers were meant to be able to wield cursed weapons originally but it was too hard (as in, I couldn't be fucked, and it was messy) to implement
Made me think of cursed items that can be so easily uncursed. Maybe needs medding at a shrine or special healer.

On cursed items or artifacts/relics. They have good and bad qualities. Just taking D&D into account

Cursed back biting.... Random % it strikes nearest friendly if available. Failing that you strike self.

I'd have to go through histories of all cursed items. I never liked the ALWAYS missing theme. A negative to hit and damage is fine with me. An always miss curse might be named something opposite of unerring.

And how about Roach Races?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote:At the beginning of the year this thread and the one where you give feedback to each poster reminds me of New year resolutions and new year predictions that came true and those cast forth (yeah blame coast to coast George Nooray for that).

Always a pleasure to read.
I don't think I can do the reply to every post promise again as it really takes ages and I feel is kind of a waste of time.

I would like to do a '2015 year review thread' though
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

Could we PLEASE get a alternative to gold only when making player merchants ?! Possible other currencies :

Crystal and/or Glass coins (remove any soulbound as it's pointless since anyone can turn in scav hunt and statues)

Mythic materials (a LOT of us just decon any extras junk arties we have for mythmats anyways)

Radiactive cookies

Adamantium Coins ( would be THE highest trade value coin - maybe have to purchase non-soulbound addy coins specially)

Given that quite a few PD players have many millions each, gold becomes useless once we get all the skills at 75 from university we want. A alternative money base would help a lot of us with trading / buying / selling rare items when other players are not on at the same time we are.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Don't worry about it. A year in review sounds great.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Still going to bring back the idea of enchants scaling with your main stat to make damage (besides IJO) enchants useable again. :-|
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

didn't that happen already, late last year? sounds familiar
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Not enchants, just bloodblot was reworked (which is fucking awesome now.)

Even if the enchant was effected by the tint of the weapon making aep and xj durations longer and the harmful enchants do more damage, that would still be better than what it is now.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Do enchanted staves still blast out damage with +AS JEWELRY and/or sigils?

It was a nifty find by ... I forgot who told me years back but it made staff fighters awrsome.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Keighn wrote:Do enchanted staves still blast out damage with +AS JEWELRY and/or sigils?

It was a nifty find by ... I forgot who told me years back but it made staff fighters awrsome.
This would be absolutely fucking awesome if monks used staves as an actual skill set... X-D
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL