Expanded EFTV Ideas

And other EUO offshoot projects!
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Expanded EFTV Ideas

Post by Kracky »

Okay, the idea of expanding and/or taking EFTV online has caught my attention for weeks now. So I went and dug out all my old pencil and paper post apoc games. After crunching down some things that would be more compatible to the current engine came up with some ideas.

Classes and and how they could work out:

(Currently EFTV has a level 20 limit , PD and PD like stat gains.)

Races to be explained in another post but Humans get 400% class cap, Others get 300% class skill cap. Like NG is now can cross train all ya want to.

Changes to the following. (and the reason why explained below) No level limit, EXP would be 2-3x normal, skills would be 2x "reg" gains exp wise.

Each level gained people would choose one of the following -
1. +5 Str
2. +5 Dex
3. +5 int
4. +5% class skill cap total
5. +15 max hp
6. +15 max mana

"Everyperson" skills

Unarmed - attack with fist/feet (50% str 50% dex)
Archery - use of bow and xboe (25% str 75% dex)
1h and 2h weapons
Blunt - blunt melee weapons (75% str 25% dex) with various spec atk depending on weapon
1h and 2h weapons
Edged - edged and pointed melee weapons (75% str 25% dex) with various spec atks depending on weapon
1h and 2h weapons
Pistol - a short range (prob 2 square max range) weapon (25% str 75% dex) Double tap spec atk (shoot 2 bullets at one target with higher crit %)
1h weapon (yes to allow a shield with it )
Fishing - same as current euo working
Tinkering - a basic catchall build skill for basic items Ability to (R)epair non weapon/armor items
Farming - same as euo with different food
Meditate - mana regen only no hp
Item lore - same as euo -EXCEPT- items would not be Cursed they would be broken and would need to be (R)epaired to be used/equipped
Taming - same as euo
Cooking - same as euo
First Aid - equal to healing skill

Soldier Class skills

SMG - submachine gun, med ranged weapon with Burst spec atk (fires 3 rounds at a single target). 3-4 range
1h and 2h weapons
Shotgun - med range weapon with higher damage but slower Attack(shoot) speed. Blast spec atk (double crit) to single target maybe. 3 range
2h only
Rifle - long range weapon Aimed shot spec atk (triple damage crit to a single target, Also spray and pray for the full/auto guns too. 4-5 range
2h only
Special Ranged - use of high/strange tech ranged weapons - blaster,ray gun, lasers, etc....
1h and 2h weapons
All above weapons skills would be (25% str 75% dex)
Special Melee - ability to use high/strange tech melee weapons (50% str 50% dex) lightsabres, chainswords, vibroblade, etc...
1h and 2h weapons
Tactics - same as euo
Blocking - same as euo with the addition of being able to block(take cover) from ranged weapon atks, based on skill, shield size and any +def on it. The math for it would be Egg's choice as I don't know the current euo math on it.

(high and strange tech would cover "artifact" type things that are powerful and unique)

Scout (Rogue) class skills

Traps - same as euo
Locks - same as euo
Stealth - same as euo
Cartography - ability to read maps to find small hidden redoubts/mini vaults and such in overland
Hunting - using bait in a overland square while Stealthed will call a animal to appear, could be grey or very hostile, random

Medic (Priest)

Medicine - ability to use higher level heal tools on self/other - i.e. doctors kit, medbag , autodoc, items and such (100% int for attacking)
Chemistry - the ability to create "pills" and other things (alchemy)
Lay healing - ability to use psychic powers to heal and enhance self/other

Psyker (Mage)

Psionics Self - using psychic powers to enhance self with buffs and such
Psionics Other - using psychic powers against other things (100% int for attacking)
Psionics Misc - using psychic powers for misc. use (not atk/buff)

(Side note, mana would be now Psy power and so MR = PR)

Engineer

Armourer - ability to make low/high tech armor and (R)epair broken armor pieces
Weaponsmith - ability to make low/high tech weapons and (R)epair broken weapons
Mechanic - ability to make much more complex items then tinkering does - i.e. turret, semi-robotics and such
Computers - ability to (U)se found terminals and maybe hacking high tech electronics

Will keep editing this post like others involving race,items,psionics and such.
Last edited by Kracky on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Expanded EFTV Ideas

Post by Kracky »

For additional races have been thinking this:

1. Pure humans
2. Altered humans (humans mixed DNA with various animals giving mutations and some aspects of the animal)
3. Mutants - animals/things that have learned to walk/talk/fight/breed etc...and could be considered a "race"
4. -Big maybe- "Living metal" -robots
5. Cyborgs
6. ? Aliens ? maybe they are the reason we are post apoc ?

This post WIP as previous one one classes.
Last edited by Kracky on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Lots of good ideas in here. I'm a big fan of EftV but I haven't thought of any great ideas. The classes and races are all pretty cool as they are and the thing that needs the most attention is more dungeons, a base/town, and some sort of replayability. A huge, deep roguelike dungeon/vault (50 randomly generated levels even) would be a pretty awesome addition. A player built home/shelter would be pretty good too (like building a house on a plot in EUO).
IGN: 1
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

So here is some additional stuff.

Server generates a randomly generated world, that players can manipulate, build houses, own land, etc. Server randomly generates monsters and vegetation. Would be cool to see an improved AI, where groups of monsters could essentially "group up" maybe attempt to build a fort or towne. Everything in the game can be crafted aside from magical item drops. Bring back digging out a cave entrance, and then digging out under the surface that players walk on for ore and stuff. It would take a lot of tweaking, and I feel like it would need a reset every now and again. Maybe less sand-box and more theme park.

Just some random thoughts.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I like those ideas Tink. A random town with either friendly, neutral, or hostile mobs of a certain type would be awesome. Digging out caves and modifying everything would be amazing.
Tink

Post by Tink »

I wouldn't mind helping with art assets as well.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

The first thing that is going to happen is that after the next euo update (coming soon) I will make a multiplayer server for EftV with minimal mods, and we will go from there !
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:The first thing that is going to happen is that after the next euo update (coming soon) I will make a multiplayer server for EftV with minimal mods, and we will go from there !
Holy crap, any idea what kind of server? Regular with levels, permadeath (weekly, monthly, neither), no grind, PVP? Very excited about this, can't wait.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome :)
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Tink

Post by Tink »

Regular server plx.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it would be fixed classes exactly how it is now, prob some low level cap, non PD probably but with the threat of wipes ?
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

To keep it simple and not a ton of work right from the start I suggest a "Alpha" like server. Fast skill/exp with a say lvl 100 cap. Tell people everything is subject to change on the fly as it is. Including full wipes of characters IF necessary. When you feel its a stable and playable format then make a Reg or NG or PD type server depending on how things look. We don't need your head to explode working on too many things at once.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Server wipes are expected, whilst working out bugs / updates / etc. Would be interesting to see a lower level cap, with endgame "dungeons" to gain loot or loot tokens. Then you can release "expansions" or something to up the level cap, and add new content and such. Could be a nice way to generate a little money. I suppose we should wait for you to have time to get a multi-player server up, before spewing out more ideas. Pretty excited for this one.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I'd prefer major reworks/nerfs if needed instead of just wipes. Things like introducing the 125% class cap in EUO could have been more easily done in a wipe, but you made a way around it.

Although if the game straight up didn't work and the only way to fix it was a wipe, I'd understand that.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

More mobs of different types. Additional terrain types including classic euo for the more oasis land that survived.

One day.... A crossover type server.

You need both male and female avatar types for races. Maybe not for cyborgs but then again I've seen plenty of shows with femme bots.

More mega bosses.

The infinite mega level dungeon would be keen.

A true hub town randomly located or make it a traveling caravan.

(Aside.... Update eftv offline with some of those features. )
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I suggest a post-apocalyptic version of Mon-Ferrato (using a different name). The reason for this is because it's set up well and has spots for player merchants. Players selling and buying items from each other goes with the theme and would be a lot of fun on the server.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

As far as I know, eftv doesn't allow water travel nor mountain climbing.... Maybe that is allowed.

Hovercraft like magic carpet but only over low terrain:
Grass, swamp, water, floor, dirt, desert

Better fliers over higher terrain.

Road warrior vehicles.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Alright, I just tried an old version of rivers end, ancient tunnels, city, hellish passages, hells keep, ?? Fortress. The maps and features and mobs DO NOT!! Transfer correctly.

You end up with glowing question mark phase beasts and chaos terrain. I had to edit several times just to walk navigate and the maps look horrible.

I might put it up on a 4shared link if anyone wants to mess around.