Ideas thread 2013

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Ideas thread 2013

Post by Devlin »

Is there any way to view your character's class cap in game? I read the manual but i couldn't find any info on it - I always figured that it should appear on the skill screen with all your other %s (perhaps above the total skill % ?)

* i posted this in ideas because it is a good one if not already implemented somewhere.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Devlin wrote:Is there any way to view your character's class cap in game? I read the manual but i couldn't find any info on it - I always figured that it should appear on the skill screen with all your other %s (perhaps above the total skill % ?)

* i posted this in ideas because it is a good one if not already implemented somewhere.
/myskills
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Automatic (based on lua script in clientscripts) sorting of inventory/bank/container. Maybe just have people specify a comparison function themselves (with a default), and you can have the client run your favorite stable sorting algorithm using that?
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Make deconning of ships do something fun, probably usable as an ingredient in some recipe. 'essence of the sea' or 'salt of the sea' or something item maybe?
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

ChrisCooper wrote:Let's talk about gold sinks.

I know that this is everyone's least favorite thing to think about, and it'd doubtful that anyone even gives a shit about the gold economy anymore, but here goes.

First, reduce gold drops. Too high, it's ridiculous.

Now, onto the big idea.

GREED PERKS

When people talk about gold sinks, the sinks are almost always based on goods, crafting, etc. Minor elements of euo. People fail to realize the true focus of the game: dungeon stomping

SO let's base a sink around this. Greed perks are essentially temporary buffs that you buy from a merchant (aimed at higher leveled players). Some ideas:

- 5% xp boost (stacks with food exp buff) (temporary)
- 10% MR buff (temporary)
- -50% potion cooldown
- increased chance of reagent drops (temporary)
- increased movement speed (great for tanky heavy armor wearers playing solo)
- 3% increased chance of rare item drop (wot, artifact, etc) (temporary)
- unfailing town portal (town portals don't close upon re-entry)

buffs marked as (temporary) are on countdown timers, while those not marked as temporary remain active until you change your current buff. Of course, only one buff can be active at a time. Those are just my ideas for greed perks, if anyone else is able to expand on this, please, feel free.
Just wanted to add on that whenever you have a greed perk active, you don't receive any gold drops.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Devlin »

ChrisCooper wrote:
ChrisCooper wrote: yada yada greed sinks
Just wanted to add on that whenever you have a greed perk active, you don't receive any gold drops.
That sounds good, but if you cancel out all gold drops while under the effects of greed, you are removing far more gold from the economy and not replacing it at all, eventually you'll end up with hardly any active gold on the server, and gear will become a stronger informal currency like WoTs have become.
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

I was thinking more along the lines of players having to decide when to use the perks and when to deactivate them in order to farm more gold, but still, you have a valid point.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

It would be cool if we could log in on the global chat from our mobile devices.Maybe for private messages too. Good way to be available to people or if you want to tell something to someone.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

MoonGoat wrote:It would be cool if we could log in on the global chat from our mobile devices.Maybe for private messages too. Good way to be available to people or if you want to tell something to someone.

Great Idea, I know egg has mentioned before he'd like to see a chat server of some type.

Euo chat app
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Enable /sendcoins for crystal coins?
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Any chance to have no cool down on yellow pots when you use them to heal pets.
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Would be nice if the pink demon was recolored to gray to make it tintable. Speaking of tints would it be feasible to add tint values to the monsters file? Then you could free up some of the icons that have tint variants (dragon, balron/demon, imp). The downside though would be the work required.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Have the meditation skill effect the amount of time a monk has to mediate in order to use his/her sanctity spells/skills.

More specifically, there should be an inverse relationship between the meditation skill and the mediation (cast) times for sanctity spells/skills such that the higher a monk's meditation skills, the less time that monk should have to spend mediating in order to cast/use its sanctity skills.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

VYU spell, transform into a 2x2! (Would be fun as a feature on an an arty weapon too.)
Djanno :smoke:
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

How about free respecs for characters under level 80?
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Since staves are a generic weapon skill, allow other melee specials to be usable with staves provided a character has enough % to use that weapon skill.

Examples:
- A monk equipped with a staff-classed weapon can use the quivering palm attack if said monk has at least 90% in her/his unarmed skill.
- A fighter equipped with a staff-classed weapon can use flurry if that fighter has at least 90% in her/his longswords skill.
- A priest equipped with a staff-classed weapon can use thunderclap if that priest has at least 90% in her/his blessed maces skill (requires a new blessed thunderclap spell).
- A rogue equipped with a staff-classed weapon can use slice n dice if that rogue has at least 90% in her/his shortswords skill (though the rogue should not be able to use any of her/his ranged specials while using a staff-classed weapon).
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Change the regular server name to "Peasantry" or "Commonwealth of New Sosaria" or something. These lowbies can only achieve level 450. Since you're just a peasant, nobody notices when you die, so resurrection is easy!

PD change to Nobility (PD), Knighthood (PD), or somesuch. These players will be forever missed when they die.

Allow for DM or scripted events (or however CTF works) where the Peasantry revolts, so the Peasants (450 max) PVP the Knights (1k max). I'd imagine that free resurrections for all would be fair.

Crazy idea, but hey!
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Town Governance.

- Allow players to eventually "reign" as the leaders of towns and be given appropriate titles.
- Allow players to get townsfolk to harvest various supplies (sets what resources a town tries to obtain - from a given resource list).
- Allow players to get townsfolk to carft various items to sell (sets what kinds of merchants a town has - as well as the items they sell - items and prices are from a given list).
- Players must keep the townsfolk happy (i.e., rich).
- Players must pay for building/road maintenance, wages for guards, etc.

Obviously, a lot of additional detail is required. But this would be the general idea.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Skins for pets! I'd like to make my dragon look like a swarm of flies X-D
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

cin-d's zombie dragon is actually a blue or white that is skinned as a zombie, so it's already there