Moderator: EUO Moderators

CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

2013 PvP Tourney

Post by CIAassassin »

2013 PvP tourney

List of Competitors HERE!

2013 tournament registrations now open!
Collection of fess & prize donations takes place in the arena - talk to the fellow in green outfit! More details below.

Register here

How it works:
Matches are in round robin format. Everyone fights everyone in their division. You get 2 points for a win, 1 for a loss and 0 for not fighting at all.

1.) Each match consists of 3 rounds. The winner is determined by the best of those 3 rounds.
2.) Each match must have a referee or 2 credible witnesses to verify the fight.
3.) Each match will take place in the Classic Arena.
4.) After the 3 rounds are completed both combatants must submit the results to the armoury page
5.) Victor of the match gets 2 points, vanquished gets 1
6.) If a player can be demonstrated as having declined to fight w/o a valid excuse then the challenger gets 2 points and the defaulter gets 0

Rules:
1.) Once inside the ring, ONLY HEALING (YELLOW+CLEAR) AND MANA (BLUE) POTIONS ARE ALLOWED. No other pots are allowed.
2.) Only 3 heals per round allowed! This includes all healing spells, pots, foods, abilities (except vampyric attacks), etc
3.) Only 3x corpses eaten in wolf mode (this is a clarification of rule 2 for those who wish to fight in wolf form)
4.) Only 5x of EACH SCROLL is allowed.
5.) NO ARMOUR, AS PER PLAYER VOTING NO REGEN ITEMS
6.) ALL WEAPONS ARE TO BE NO + AND NO TINT, AND NO GLASS
7.) Most spells are allowed, ONLY KXC SUMMON ALLOWED (though use of healing spells is governed by rule 2) STONE FORM IS NOT ALLOWED.
8.) No pets allowed
9.) No use of healing wards or cursed bandages.
10.) Breaking any of the rules or leaving the arena during the fight will result in a DQ of the current round (not the entire match)

To expand on rule 1 - you can use any pot or fountain or cheese you like to buff yourself before entering the classic arena fight area. Once you are in the fighting area, any use of pots & VM will be logged. If you use any pot other than yellow or blue, you will lose the current round (or next round if you are not currently fighting).

To expand on rule 6 - Vamp -VS- Non Vamp matchup, match is to be fought at night, or underground.

How to submit your match result
After you have fought your 3 rounds and agree on who won and who lost, both combatants must log in to the armoury page, and submit their results via the link at the top of the tournament page HERE:

It should be pretty self explanatory. You both must first select the character you fought with, then your opponent, then select whether you won or lost, then click submit. When you have both submitted the same result, the match will be finalized and 2 points given to the winner and one to the loser. If you can't agree who won, the match will be flagged as being in dispute, and no body will get any points.

If one player can be proven to have declined a fight (eg as evidenced in chatlogs or screenshots) then the challenger gets the full 2 points and the player who defaults gets 0.

You will be able to submit your results from the time that the tournament opens until the time the tournament ends. Any match results not submitted to the armoury will not be considered, and will not count. It is in your interest to complete your fights on time.

Classes:
1-40 Newbie
41-70 Featherweight
71-100 Lightweight
101-150 Medium
151-200 Heavy
202-250 Elite
251-350 Ultra Elite 350
351-450 Demi Elite 450

Entry Fees:
Newbie- 5,000 gp
Feather- 15,000 gp
Light- 25,000 gp
Medium- 50,000 gp
Heavy- 100,000 gp
Elite- 200,000 gp
Ultra Elite 350 - 300,000 gp
Demi Elite 450- 300,000 gp

Payment of fees Updated!
Talk to the little man in the green suit, his name is Freedy Fee Collector in the arena - just say pay and he will take your money and flag you as paid!

Item Donation:
If you are willing to make a donation to the winning pot, simply deposit it into the PVP Tournament Donations mimic in the Arena. Do not deposit your fees in this container! Pay the dude in green!

Current donated items prize pool (to be distributed randomly to the winners at the end of the tourney):
The full prize pool is in the chest in the Arena marked 'PVP tournament donations'. Press b to see what is in the chest. You can add to this by pressing shift-B!

Winnings:
WINNERS OF EVERY DIVISION
Will get 50 adamantium coins

WINNERS OF THE TOP THREE DIVISIONS
There will be no belts.

As organised in 2010 by Atraxis and Raiden, revision & automation by egg
Last edited by CIAassassin on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:12 am, edited 19 times in total.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: 2013 PvP Tourney

Post by Keighn »

I would love to see someone actually video tape each match for the first time in the Tourney history. I do hope someone steps up to that plate.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

ALSO THE MOMENT SOME OF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR:

THE PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT

Will get a free MACRO > YOU shirt.
Last edited by CIAassassin on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Generally, only uber DM power can be a camera man unless some how the game gets set up with view screens that allow people to watch the battles from afar.
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Just to clarify - this:
CIA wrote:ONLY KBX SUMMON ALLOWED
Should be "only KBX summon is NOT allowed", right?

Btw. I sense a problem with fights vamp vs not vamp. Vamp player will obviously want to fight when it's dark, non vamp player obviously during daylight. Any rule solving this problem?
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
DUTCHMAN2
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DUTCHMAN2 »

5.) ALL ARMOUR IS TO BE NO TINT, NO +

So I'm confused right now I wouldnt be able to use half of my gear since its either a tint or a plus?
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

CIAassassin wrote: 5.) ALL ARMOUR IS TO BE NO TINT, NO +
7.) Most spells are allowed, ONLY KBX SUMMON ALLOWED (though use of healing spells is governed by rule 2)
Firstly, what good is summon spider in a pvp? (Blocking the enemy maybe?)

Secondly, I like the no tint, no +'s , but will this be a problem for mages?

Mages spells are more likely to work with a higher + weapon (not do more damage, but an actual successful spell) , so If i try to paralyze/sleep/hex, will it still really work (without spamming) with a +0 stave?

This may give mages a huge disadvantage. If we cant cast spells correctly, but other classes melee with a minor damage reduction, this will make it even more impossible to win against other classes. (like fighters who already take reduced magic damage)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I believe the only KBX summon allowed I for blocking as other summons might grant a healing mob. Though daemons won't heal or do anything.

CIA has a very specific prize that a surprise so he set these rules up. Mages just might need to work on their staves skill I guess.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

THE PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT

Last edited by CIAassassin on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru

Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

CinisterD wrote:
CIAassassin wrote: 5.) ALL ARMOUR IS TO BE NO TINT, NO +
7.) Most spells are allowed, ONLY KBX SUMMON ALLOWED (though use of healing spells is governed by rule 2)
Firstly, what good is summon spider in a pvp? (Blocking the enemy maybe?)

Secondly, I like the no tint, no +'s , but will this be a problem for mages?

Mages spells are more likely to work with a higher + weapon (not do more damage, but an actual successful spell) , so If i try to paralyze/sleep/hex, will it still really work (without spamming) with a +0 stave?

This may give mages a huge disadvantage. If we cant cast spells correctly, but other classes melee with a minor damage reduction, this will make it even more impossible to win against other classes. (like fighters who already take reduced magic damage)
I doubt that the plus of a staff will affect those spells chances of successful casting, the lack of intel gear will most likely have the bigger affect. The lack of MR on everyone else will boost your chances of successfully casting hex if anything.
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

Im gonna agree with Henieks sense of vamp vs non vamps.. It will pretty much be a vampyric weapon vs a plain weapon.. In the end, The vamp is going to have the lead... Only a vamp vs a skeletun will really be even since you cant leech life from the undead.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

THE PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT

Last edited by CIAassassin on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru

Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

Chill your vagina. Just trying to point something out cause should a vamp join and cant lose cause he has that advantage, People will bitch. Trying to stop the bitching before it starts. Not saying its OP. There's not even that many vampires. Just saying.. One vampire joins and manages to wreck everyone else.. People will use that as something to complain about.. Just like the block shit when that first came out. Just trying to avoid a shit storm cause i was thinking of joining with my vampire..
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

THE PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT

Rikimaru

DUTCHMAN2
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DUTCHMAN2 »

I WILL be paying my fees, and I will compete reguardless of the rules. I was just making sure I was clear on the fact I need to find new armor and weapons. If this is your will to do no biggie. I approve don't get me wrong. It will teach me how to use my fighter and priest even better. So I thank you.

Now Since this is all a free game with free prizes I'm happy to be apart of this. Hope to see you all playing
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

What about food buffs and are it 5 scrolls per round or in total?.

I would recommend the player kill each other in turn prior the matches to get rid of Feel Greats and potions buffs as these would give the winner of the first round a major advantage in the second.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

THE PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT

Last edited by CIAassassin on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru

CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Has anyone mentioned sigils? They can't be taken off without unequip sigil scrolls which cost addy coins.

Many people have very strong sigils, and if we let sigils slide, the ones that have the best will have a crazy advantage considering enemies will be using basic armor/weapons.

This takes us right back to the whole "no uber gear" thing. And its a bit unfair that anyone who wants to compete would HAVE to use addy coins to take sigils off.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

CIAassassin wrote: Ive also never heard of a + increasing spell chance of success. -if this turns out to be true I might consider allowing + on plain staffs only.
I suppose the drastically lower MR from no advanced gear will negate this, so this may not turn to be an issue. For future references (outside tourny) higher + staffs DO make for a more successful casting of a spell, or so egg told me quite some time ago. I'm cool as long as my spells work, which, with the low MR everyone will have, shouldn't be a problem.

And Seph made a few good points about the lower int. Kudos.

I'll do some testing and get back to you if I see any problems.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

THE PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT

Last edited by CIAassassin on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru