Scavenger Hunt Guide

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Scavenger Hunt Guide

Post by Keighn »

:heart: :psychotic: :heart: UPDATE: KRAKEN & HUGE CRAB NOW REWARD YOU WITH 1 CRYSTAL COIN FOR PARTICIPATING IN ITS DESTRUCTION! WOOT!!!!! :heart: :psychotic: :heart:
eggmceye wrote:Talk to the chicken in Nordhaven to start your daily scavenger hunt quest! This is basically just the newbie/novice hunt trial, it's getting worked on and there will be more advanced scavenger hunts for higher level players.

Rewards (for the newbie hunt) are glass coins - which will be spendable on all sorts of new awesome junk which we (me and my secret helper) are currently working on. Glass coin shoppe open now! SImply pass thru the portal near the chook!

Updated & live reward list for lvl 25s and lvl 50s - 10 july 2012
This list is still being developed and expanded! There will probably be more in the future. Higher level sets will probably use a different currency.

Prices: Lvl 25 torso 9 glass coins, all other pieces are 6 glass coins. Lvl 50 torso is 18 glass coins, all other pieces 12 glass coins.
Tints: each set comes in either gold, adamantium or crystal
These are considered 'lesser artifacts' - will not glow, have a lime colour in text (halfway between green & yellow) and will all be soulbound.
My first step to this was just to quote egg. I'll actually start working on this more as I gain information including how the blueprints work as many already know, the rewards for lowlist (3 glass coins) and hilist(?????) and statuelist(3 crystal coins).

Naturally those who have stock-piled loads of items can easily do the lowlist items even if they have to use crafting skills, deconstruct, or disenchant a few points off an item or two. Hilist items are usually pretty easy until you run into something that just isn't so easily found like a runed glove of vog (which you probably wouldn't use on that scavenger hunt anyways).

Statuelist is far easier if you just purchase greater wands of petrification. You can use those extra statues (I believe a greater wand of petrification makes 3-4 statues) on alts or just save them for later or use as décor on your house. Using regular wops isn't the most advisable unless you're desparate as they are hard to find (in many cases) and are used for mythic essence making which is probably more important than the rewards for scavenger hunts to many people.

I'll finish this later but put in input so I can refine this guide.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

How to Scav Hunt & Coins

Post by Keighn »

Scavenger hunts are relatively easy to complete if you're a hoarder or have access to a clans storage and even if you just have plain good connections or buying power from player merchants. The only other option is to grind your ass off or craft the objects needed for the basic scavenger hunting.

Scavenger hunting comes in 3 forms. There is the lowlist, the highlist, and the statuelist. "Scavy" the Scavenger Hunt chicken is located in Nordhaven next to the well and the portal shop to where you can purchase objects with your coins. The petrified Turkey "Stoney" has the rules for the statuelist. No matter what list you choose to do you can only do 1 scavenger hunt per day so choose wisely as what you can spend your coins on vary.

The lowlist is almost the easiest of the three to do. Simply talk to "Scavy" and she'll instruct you for the days list of objects you need to collect to gain the prize.

Sample Lowlist Scavenger Hunt:
peergem x9
Orange potion x6
raw glassx1
spider's silk x10
mushrooms x5
Swamp boots of dexterity +8x1

The reward:
3 glass coins

The hilist is extremely difficult IMHO. I have yet to complete one but will try. There's always something I just don't have. "Scavy" is very demanding for this list and you might just want to punt the chicken into the well rather than try it; lord knows I've tried.

Sample Hilist Scavenger Hunt:
Kryss+2 x1
Epee+2 x1
Glass brass knuckles+1 x1
Swamp boots of nightvision+1 x1
Gauntlets of dexterity+11 x1
robe of magic resistance+2 x1
2H axe+5 x1
Leather Leggins of strength +15 x1
Crook+1 x1
large shield of strength+22 x1
leather gloves of dexterity+14 x1
Chain gloves of strength+16x1

The reward:
3 Crystal Coins (or so I'm told until I actually do finish one)

The statuelist is pertty easy to do. The simplest way to accomplish this is purchase a Greater Wand of Petrification and use it on the creature "Stoney" tells you. A Greate Wand of petrifications costs 5 Adamantium Coins which comes to about 50 cents I believe. Using a greater wand of petrification turns the mob into stone but at all 4 animation sequences. This is very useful if you want to collect statues for later or use them on multiple alts. The regular wand of petrification creates a statue on the current animation sequence the monster is in. I had a slight problem with the wand on an alt with 0 enchanting. The mob could have been a boss though so I'm uncertain if you need enchanting or not. These wands can only be found and aren't so easy to come by; I'd say on par with wands of transferrence.

The reward:
3 Crystal coins

*Note on rewards of coins. They are soulbound to the one who finished that scavenger hunt and as of yet cannot be transferred to alts or other players.
Last edited by Keighn on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
on lolpatrol

Re: Scavenger Hunt Guide (WIP - be patient)

Post by 1 »

:lesson: :lesson: :lesson:
Last edited by 1 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Using those Rewards

Post by Keighn »

Using those Rewards:

Like the coins themselves all purchased items with glass or silver coins are soulbound to that player with said coins. Glass coins are used in various shops in the Scavlist reward area. This portal is also next to the well. Inside you'll see many merchants. Including one that is a crystal coin merchant that I'll talk about later. There are Wizard Sets, Priest Sets, Monk Sets, Rogue Sets, Light Sets, Medium Sets, Heavy Sets, Sigils, and Jewelry. Each item costs a certain amount of glass coins. Do note that each of the items come in the following tints with the exception of jewelry and sigils:

Goldweave - Goldhide - Gold
Battlehide - Battleweave - Adamantium
Silk- Crystalhide - Crystal

Code: Select all

# wizard sets
[lvl 25 req]{6 glass coins} 
- Apprentice Cap - cap: +2def, +5vig
- Apprentice Robe - robe: +3def, +2mr *{9 glass coins}
- Apprentice Gloves - gloves: +2def, +10int 
- Apprentice Slacks - gi legs: +2def, +10int 
- Apprentice Slippers - padded boots: +2def, +10int

[lvl 50 req] 
- Adept Cap - cap: +3def, +8 vig
- Adept Robe - robe: +4def, +3mr *{18 glass coins}
- Adept Gloves - gloves: +3def, +15int 
- Adept Slacks - gi legs: +3def, +15int 
- Adept Slippers - padded boots: +3def, +15int

# priest sets
[lvl 25 req]
- Pious coif - mail helm: +2def, +2nv 
- Pious hauberk - mail tunic: +3def, +2mr *{9 glass coins}
- Pious gauntlets - mail gloves: +2def, +7str +3int
- Pious Leggins - mail leggins: +2def, +7str +3int
- Pious Boots - mail boots: +2def, +7str +3int

[lvl 50 req]
- Devout coif - mail helm: +3def, +3nv 
- Devout hauberk - mail tunic: +4def, +3mr *{18 glass coins}
- Devout gauntlets - mail gloves: +3def, +11str, +4int
- Devout Leggins - mail leggins: +3def, +11str, +4int
- Devout Boots - mail boots: +3def, +11str, +4int

# UA sets
[lvl 25 req] 
- Tranquil Cap - cap: +2def, +2nv 
- Tranquil Shirt - gi shirt: +3def, +2mr *{9 glass coins}
- Tranquil Gloves - gloves: +2def, +10str 
- Tranquil Pants - gi legs: +2def, +10dex 
- Tranquil sandals - padded boots: +2 def, +5dex, +5str

[lvl 50 req]
- Sanguine Cap - cap: +3def, +3nv 
- Sanguine Shirt - gi shirt: +4def, +3mr *{18 glass coins}
- Sanguine Gloves - gloves: +3def, +15str 
- Sanguine Pants - gi legs: +3def, +15dex 
- Sanguine sandals - padded boots: +3 def, +8str, +7dex

# Light sets
[lvl 25 req]
- Shadowstalker Cap - leather helm: +2def, +2nv 
- Shadowstalker Shirt - leather tunic: +3def, +2mr *{9 glass coins}
- Shadowstalker Gloves - leather gloves: +2def, +10str 
- Shadowstalker Leggins - lether leggins: +2def, +10dex 
- Shadowstalker Boots - leather boots: +2def, +10dex 

[lvl 50 req]
- Nightslayer Cap - leather helm: +3def, +3nv 
- Nightslayer Shirt - leather tunic: +4def, +3mr *{18 glass coins}
- Nightslayer Gloves - leather gloves: +3def, +15str 
- Nightslayer Leggins - lether leggins: +3def, +15dex 
- Nightslayer Boots - leather boots: +3def, +15dex 

# Medium sets
[lvl 25 req]
- Nemesis Coif - chain coif: +2def, +2nv 
- Nemesis Shirt - chainmail: +3def, +2mr *{9 glass coins}
- Nemesis Gloves - chain gloves: +2def, +8str, +2dex
- Nemesis Leggins - chain leggins: +2def, +8str, +2dex
- Nemesis Boots - chain boots: +2def, +8str, +2dex

[lvl 50 req]
- Scourge Coif - chain coif: +3def, +3nv 
- Scourge Shirt - chainmail: +4def, +3mr *{18 glass coins}
- Scourge Gloves - chain gloves: +3def, +12str, +3dex
- Scourge Leggins - chain leggins: +3def, +12str, +3dex
- Scourge Boots - chain boots: +3def, +12str, +3dex

# Heavy sets
[lvl 25 req]
- Onslaught Helm - full plate helm: +2def, +2nv 
- Onslaught Aegis - field plate: +3def, +2mr *{9 glass coins}
- Onslaught Gauntlets - gauntlets: +2def, +8str, +2dex
- Onslaught Greaves - greaves: +2def, +8str, +2dex
- Onslaught Boots - plate boots: +2def, +8str, +2dex

[lvl 50 req]
- Dreadnaught Helm - full plate helm: +3def, +3nv 
- Dreadnaught Aegis - field plate: +4def, +3mr *{18 glass coins}
- Dreadnaught Gauntlets - gauntlets: +3def, +12str, +3dex
- Dreadnaught Greaves - greaves: +3def, +12str, +3dex
- Dreadnaught Boots - plate boots: +3def, +12str, +3dex

# Fancy boots
[lvl 25 req]{6 glass coins}
- Snakeskin Boots - swampboots: +2def, +10str
- Snakeskin Boots - swampboots: +2def, +10dex
- Snakeskin Boots - swampboots: +2def, +10int

[lvl 50 req]{12 glass coins}
- Crocskin Boots - swampboots: +3def, +15str
- Crocskin Boots - swampboots: +3def, +15dex
- Crocskin Boots - swampboots: +3def, +15int

# Jewelry
[lvl 25 req]{15 glass coins}
- Battle Band - ring: +3AS/dmg, +1def
- Stout Collar - spiked collar: +3AS/dmg, +2def, +1MR
- Sturdy Necklace - necklace: +3AS/dmg, +2def, +1MR

[lvl 50 req]{30 glass coins}
- War Band - ring: +4AS/dmg, +2def, +1MR
- Steadfast Collar - spiked collar: +4AS/dng, +2def, +2MR
- Stalwart Necklace - necklace: +4AS/dmg, +2def, +2MR

# Sigils
[lvl 25 req]{15 glass coins}
- Battle Sigil of the Mind - mind sigil - +3AS/dmg, +1MR
- Battle Sigil of the Body - body sigil - +3AS/dmg, +1def
- Battle Sigil of the Spirit - spirit sigil - +3AS/dmg, +1def

[lvl 50 req]{30 glass coins}
- War Sigil of the Mind - mind sigil - +4AS/dmg, +3MR
- War Sigil of the Body - body sigil - +4AS/dmg, +3def
- War Sigil of the Spirit - spirit sigil - $/AS/dmg, +3def

Crystal Coin rewards are an entirely different beast than glass. The rewards offered for various crystal coins are blue prints to create very unique items. These items to create via the blueprints often take very unique materials. It will also take 100% in a particular crafting skill as well to use the blue print. Blue prints do no require a level to use but getting a skill up to 100 on any server can be frustrating.

The blueprints: *Blackrock/Ebony Tools are unbreakable.
bprint (blackrock mining pick){9 crystal coins}[req. 95 tinkering, blackrock ingot, pole]
bprint (blackrock shovel){9 crystal coins}[req. 95 tinkering, shovel, blackrock ingot]
bprint (blackrock woodsmans axe){9 crystal coins}[req. 95 tinkering, blackrock ingot, pole]
bprint (blackrock dragonscale saw){9 crystal coins}[req. 95 tinkering, dragonscale saw, blackrock ingot]
bprint (incadescent prism){9 crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, diamond, raw glassx10, essence of lightningx10, brilliant red shard, brilliant blue shard](unbreakable torch equivalent lighting)
bprint (blackrock lockpick){9 crystal coins}[req. 100 tinkering, blackrock ingot]
bprint (blackrock probes)[9 crystal coins}[req. 100 tinkering, blackrock ingot]
bprint (superior ebony fishing rod){9 crystal coins}[req. 100 tinkering, superior fishing rod, ebony log}

bprint (ebony disenchanting wand){15 crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, disenchanting wand, mythic material, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard]

bprint (ebony wand of deconstructing){15 crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, wand of deconstruction, mythic material, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard)]

bprint (ebony polypile wand){30 crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, polypile wand, mythical material, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard]

bprint (upgrade wand magic resist){30 crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](Allows upgrade of item magic resistance to +5)
bprint (upgrade wand of vigour +15){30 crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](Allows upgrade of item vigour to +15)

bprint (felmythic upgrade Wand){6 Crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](upgrades from mythic <red>+2def, +1mr, +5str or +12% weapons)
bprint (dunmythic upgrade Wand){6 Crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](upgrades from mythic <red>+2def, +1mr, +5dex or +12% weapons)
bprint (balmythic upgrade Wand){6 Crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](upgrades from mythic <red>+2def, +1mr, +5int or +12% weapons)

bprint (felmystic upgrade Wand){6 Crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](upgrades from mystic <orange>+2def, +3vig, +5str or +12% weapons)
bprint (dunmystic upgrade Wand){6 Crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](upgrades from mystic <orange>+2def, +3vig, +5dex or +12% weapons)
bprint (balmystic upgrade Wand){6 Crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](upgrades from mystic <orange>+2def, +3vig, +5int or +12% weapons)

bprint (felastral upgrade Wand){6 Crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](upgrades from astral <green>+2def, +1nv, +5str or +12% weapons)
bprint (dunastral upgrade Wand){6 Crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](upgrades from astral <green>+2def, +1vn, +5dex or +12% weapons)
bprint (balastral upgrade Wand){6 Crystal coins}[req. 100 enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue shard, brilliant red shard](upgrades from astral <green>+2def, +1nv, +5int or +12% weapons)

bprint (adamantium transmutation apparatus){30 crystal coins}[req. 100 tinkering, mythic material, khaki potion, silver sheetsx20, brass sheetsx30, cursed lightning rod, cursed fire ward, sievesx3, enchanted woodx10, alembic, dragon scalesx15](Transforms glass item into adamantium)

Vermilion Weapons:{9 Crystal Coins}[All Vermilion weapons gain the blackrock/ebony/darkweave bonuses associated with extra damage][All Vermilion weapons are considered +5AS/dmg and have VF(fireball enchant) Level Req. is 50]

bprint (Vermillion main gauche)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock main gauche+5](Creates Vermilion main gauche +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion epee)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock epee+5](Creates Vermilion epee +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion crossbow)[req. 100 woodcrafting, vermilion, ebony crossbow+5](Creates Vermilion crossbow +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion sling)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, darkhide sling+5](Creates Vermilion sling +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion scimitar)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock scimitar+5](Creates Vermilion scimitar +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion claymore)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock claymore+5](Creates Vermilion claymore +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion spear)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock spear+5](Creates Vermilion spear +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion scythe)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock scythe+5](Creates Vermilion scythe +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion warhammer)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock warhammer+5](Creates Vermilion warhammer +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion morningstar)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock morningstar+5](Creates Vermilion morningstar +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion shillelagh)[req. 100 woodcrafting, vermilion, ebony shillelagh+5](Creates Vermilion shillelagh +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion tomahawk)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock tomahawk+5](Creates Vermilion tomahawk +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion labrys)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock labrys+5](Creates Vermilion labrys +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion gloves)[req. 100 tailoring, vermilion, darkweave gloves+5](Creates Vermilion gloves +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))
bprint (Vermillion neko de)[req. 100 smithing, vermilion, blackrock neko de+5](Creates Vermilion neko de +5AS/dmg, VF(fireball))

Vermilion is rather easy to make. First it takes 75% alchemy, a vial and a glowing ember to create essence of fire. Next it takes 80% enchanting, 10 essence of fire, and a brilliant red soul shard to create but a single vermilion.

Embers are often collected from fire golems, fire dragons, and perhaps a few other creatures. Inferno dragons explode into dozens of embers.

And that's the short of the Scavenger hunts. I'm sure there are parts I don't know yet and perhaps more hunts will come to play into the future with even more fantastic items. BTW, the VF effect does pretty decent fire damage up into the 30s. I've had good results with it and have created 6 items thus far.

Have fun and do a hunt today!
Last edited by Keighn on Thu May 23, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Scavenger Hunt Guide

Post by Thane »

I wish there was a LOTL version of these x.x the easy hunts i can do, usually only requiring an item or two. I carry almost everything i find so im usually at 1700lbs average at all times, and even with that i rarely have one thing for the high level scavenger hunt, i know its all possible to find but as you said, some of the items are just SO random. I wish it was all craftable stuff only :(

statue hunt i'll never x.x never have a spare WoP. The only one i remember having, i used on the phoenix... got a stone egg. Maybe someday the quest will ask for that XD. TBH i wish there was SOMETHING i could do with gold, now that i have my mount and all the spells. Maybe like, a bounty mission, pay gold for a mission to kill a specific boss type...
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

Thane wrote:statue hunt i'll never x.x never have a spare WoP.
You could always buy greater wands of petrification from the adamantium coin shoppe, they're only 5 addy coins (50 cents). You can support the game and do the quest on 4 characters.
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

1 wrote:
You could always buy greater wands of petrification from the adamantium coin shoppe, they're only 5 addy coins (50 cents). You can support the game and do the quest on 4 characters.
I've just started doing this, sadly the scavanger hunts are mutually exclusive so i'll have to give up my glass coins for crystal, i want both so bad :( I wonder if any of the 4 statues will suffice... i will find out... since the statue quest seems to feature only higher end monsters, repeats might be likely
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Thane wrote:
1 wrote:
I've just started doing this, sadly the scavanger hunts are mutually exclusive so i'll have to give up my glass coins for crystal, i want both so bad :( I wonder if any of the 4 statues will suffice... i will find out... since the statue quest seems to feature only higher end monsters, repeats might be likely
you can use any normal statue of the targeted mob (i.e., any of the (usually) 4 frames)
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

YUp i tested that out, which is good, one GWoP can do 4 quests in the long run.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Additional notes:
Scavenger hunt hilist has been made easier with less exotic tints being required. Reward is still 3 Crystal Coins.

Huge Crab is worth 1 Crystal Coin to each combat participant who tries to kill it.
Kraken is worth 1 Crystal Coin to each combat participant who tries to kill it.

There is also now a merchant in coin area to purchase 1 Glass Coin for the price of 1 Crystal Coin. This is a simple exchange.

Vermilion items are soulbound and until patch is made DO NOT attempt to have someone else mythic or fel/mal/dun the vermilion item or the ownership will transfer to the one who performs the ritual mythicing. Egg had to manually give ownership of one item back to PUNISHER. Please don't cheese this.

Vermilion weapons have a lvl 50 requirement. Will amend this in upper post.

Other updates I'll post let me know if I'm forgetting something.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

What are the ingredients for the mythic upgrade wands?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hmmm... I'll buy one and find out. I don't know why I didn't write that down. I'm pretty sure they're all the same.

Update: All upgrade wands require 100% enchanting, enchanted wood, brilliant blue & red soul shards. I also corrected the names of upgrade wands.. seems almost all were labeled fel instead of fel, dun, bal.

fel - str
dun - dex
bal - int

mythic - mr
mystic - vig
astral - nv
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Do the MR/vig upgrade wands only upgrade by 1 point?

i.e. if I use the vig wand on an item of vig +9, does it become vig +15? Or do I have to use it on an item of vig +14?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I believe the prereq is it HAS to be +4 MR or +14 Vig. Lower probably won't work. You can try though. I doubt it'll eat the wand if it fails.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Mythic/Mystic/Astral Vermilion Items

Post by Keighn »

Yes, it does not matter if don't in your house or neutral ground. If you mythic/mystic/Astral someone's Vermilion weapon that SOULBOUND item will rebind to you.

Now, I figured out another bug in addition. Since PUNISHER had my monk's gloves and my rogue's crossbow, I decided to raise their enchanting to 100 and get them felmythic wands.

Turns out that by them using the Felmythic wands (though any version would work assuming it was on proper mythic/mystic/astral item) on those weapons, the SOULBIND was put back to the original owner (since they used it). I'm betting that anyone could have done that and gotten a felmythic weapon.

Very cheesable assuming someone really wants to bother.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Note that this has long been since fixed. I also believe the requirements for making vermillion has changed. You only need the appropriate enchanting skill, 10 essence of fire, and a brilliant red soul shard. Far easier now.
ZUPS!!!!