32x32 tileset - UPDATED

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: 32x32 tileset - UPDATED

Post by Keighn »

I really hope someday the tile sets get further divided and organized differently. I started my own personal project for collecting purposes but then again I'm a nutjob and like to collect gfx and put them in their own tilesets.
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

LordMortiferus wrote: If you like you can test converting paths, foothills or what ever into furniture like items. First add the pink background to the maptiles you want to convert. Next, find out the maptile numbers of the maptiles you have edited - you can do this with Maped by clicking on the tiles in the palette. E.g. for "maptile 76 (4c bv =0 bm =0): path", the 76 is the number you are looking for. Now in the \dat\ folder you have a file called underneath.txt - here you add the maptile numbers and save it. Restart Maped and you should see undertiles under your modified maptiles.

ok, I modded the shoreline tiles and they still just show water. What would happen if I modded the mtiles.txt file?

Here is the footpath with a water undertile. That worked quite well and Id imagine that the foothills would be just as simple. The shoreline is being a whore, and Im much too tired to really give it a go on trying to get it to work. Ill work on it more tomorrow and mod out the paths/foothills and such to kinda blend out transitions into the tiles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

CIAassassin wrote:ok, I modded the shoreline tiles and they still just show water. What would happen if I modded the mtiles.txt file?
Yeah you have to add something like this to mtiles.txt:

Code: Select all

268	140	0	0	0	shoreline	SE
269	141	0	0	0	shoreline	SW
270	142	0	0	0	shoreline	NW
271	143	0	0	0	shoreline	NE
That gives you a second set of shoreline tiles that are not handled as water tiles (hence it did not work for you before). Difference is the column blocking is set to 0 now - You might want to rename it to something else to distinguish it from the original shoreline.
And add 268,269,270,271, to underneath.txt.
shoreline.png
Looks pretty neat actually.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

yea, I figured as much. I just couldnt figure out what I needed to change. Thought the blocking/nosee columns were an on/off type of feature. Honestly, those look amazing. Ill do more work with them tonight when I get off of work. Do a few micro map set ups to just get a few ideas out there.

question: if I put the modded mtile and underneath files into the sdat folder will it work in maped so that my client isnt freaking out with the modded settings?
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

CIAassassin wrote:question: if I put the modded mtile and underneath files into the sdat folder will it work in maped so that my client isnt freaking out with the modded settings?
Without testing it myself - no that is definitely not going to work (my guess anyway). Just make a clone of your euo folder for testing.
Lets move this discussion over to the maped thread - I'll move my posts tomorrow when I am sober again X-D .
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Last edited by CIAassassin on Fri May 10, 2013 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rikimaru

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Pretty cool as I just can't hardly handle anything more complex than 16x16. Pity tilesets didn't include more various edges for each terrain. Double the number might be too much.
Loughf
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Loughf »

i seen lord mortiferus 32x32 resize sheets, so I take and make a 32x32 cow. much mor fun! ha. it move up and down and move legs and move tail. i wuld show it moving but dun kno how.
cow32.png
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Here you go:
Loughf_cow.gif
You can add this to your graphic library and see it in game. Grab the hq2x version of btiles24 from here and save it to \euo\pics. Now just replace the cow with yours, save, restart your client and Cowwy will look like never before XD

Edit: make sure to rename btiles24.32.hq2x.png to btiles24.32.png in the \euo\pics folder!
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Sun May 12, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loughf

Post by Loughf »

ty ty ty ! I luv it! ha can I by in-game? ;)
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

AWWWHH. It's adorable! =p
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Loughf

Post by Loughf »

HAY! TANKS!! X)
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Updated the hq2x tileset with the new awesome pylons.
DUTCHMAN2

Post by DUTCHMAN2 »

So im trying to get lava water and any terrain that moves to stop and i cant. I have been following the forum and I still cant figure it out... any help?
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

DUTCHMAN2 wrote:So im trying to get lava water and any terrain that moves to stop and i cant. I have been following the forum and I still cant figure it out... any help?
Close the euo client, if running, and open \pics\btiles20.32.png with some image editor (e.g. Gimp. Within the file you will see 4 lava, 4 shallow water and 4 deep water tiles, respectively. Select the first lava tile and paste it over the other 3 lava tiles. Do the same for shallow and deep water tiles. Save the image file and start euo again.

That should do the trick.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Updated the hq2x HiRes tilesset. To be specific I have uploaded a new version of btiles28.32.png that has the new tinted fountain.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Updated the HiRes tiles again - btiles22 and btiles28 to be exact.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Aside from the hq2x hires version of official sprites and tiles I have also updated my personal take on the maptiles stored in btiles20.23.png with a black background.
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Tue May 20, 2014 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I have tested some other scaling algorithms on some random sprites using ImageResizer.
If there is any demand I would try and convert all sprites with another scaler aside from hq2x. Easiest to use are xbr2x with no blend, eagle2x, scale2x and maybe SuperSal, everything else probably needs heavy post-production (who's idea was it to make avatars tintable =P ?!). The sprites shown here have not gone through post-production.

P.S.: I made this comparison because I stumbled upon xbr2x today which is supposed to be better than hq2x. This version of xbr2x used on these sprites does not do a good job imo.

Edit: Added xBRZ to the graphic beneath hqx
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Fri May 23, 2014 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

good shit
I should try and just code one into the client right? There is one in there somewhere, but it's kinda slow doing it for all tiles, plus adding others, if not already coded for allegro, requires L337 C++ skills of which I've never really had