Official alpha server thread

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Catherine
English correct bastard.

Re: alpha server - now testing dwarves, undead, golems

Post by Catherine »

eggmceye wrote: SKELETUNS
* immune to vamp, poison, choking, drowning
* take damage from turn, extra dmg from silver weapons (which makes for a bad pvp race)
* can eat corpses just like werewolves, plus also regular meals
* 2x mr
* no res sickness

This is about a year late, but some feedback - play tested until level 60, LotL pure Mage - 100(+11)/25/304(+45)

Difficulty: very easy.

*poison / choking / drowning - essentially a free prot+ ring --- ups survival hugely at low levels
* immune to vamp --- technically this isn't true (Vampires still attempt to drain you for 6-7 damage), but it means that you can munch on vampires very early. Level 20 or so. (Although - Epic Vampires seem to be able to drain just fine). Later on, I can see myself loving black dragons.
* damage from turn / silver weapons - no mobs use AXC or silver weapons, so it isn't really a disadvantage...
* couldn't find any
* 2x mr --- at level 60, with no MR gear, weighing in at 660 Mr.
* Never died, not a n00b ;)

Thoughts:

Skeletons, as mages, essentially break the game - MR is key to a mage, and the 2x multiplier is huge. Immunity to poison removes the danger factor at low levels (later on, everyone will be rocking with protection scrolls). Instead of simply making them 'slightly different draconians', some thoughts:

Keep the bonuses, but add +50 - 75% damage from fire (you'll be wanting fire lizard / red dragon food) and +25% from elec (btw - love the fact resistances / damage types are in game), make them meat eaters only (not sure if that is a flag possible, esp. with cooking), and remove all piety / priest skills. i.e. An Undead can't train Priest spells at all, so healing is bandage or potion only. A high level mage skeleton with 75 piety + vamp weapon would be practically unstoppable at the moment, even without decent gear.

I had a thought on how to make golems interesting - allow them 50% total mana (i.e. instead of 100, they get 50), but only eating metal weapons/armour/gold nuggets (if you have to - probably :cheese: territory) recovers it; golems can only wear metal armours (no leather, robes etc), and when equipped it becomes permanently fused to their bodies (perma cursed, without -negative stats) until a new piece is equipped - the armour / weapon is destroyed in the process. Make them take +100% damage from elec & when hit act as if encumbered (short-circuited) 'cause 5x MR is frightening.

Off to try a golem char - loving the fire golem avatar.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

that's better

the fusing metal armour thing is interesting
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

eggmceye wrote:
GOLEMS
* 5x mr
* 2x def
* 0 mana all the time
* cannot eat or drink pots, but beer is ok (think bender from futurama), however they don't get the benefits from beer as dwarves do
* immune to choking, poison, drowning, bleeding

They also have a class cap of 100% total only!

Char - level 84 fighter, 388(+75)/160(+12)/25 (yes, not optimal for LS, but I was bored of chugging around). MR 1286 [crystal plate +1], def 65.4

Difficulty: Hard then moving to very easy indeed. Took out KToS @ level 60 odd, tanked 3 dragons with boss at 70. Note: I didn't have a vamp weapon.

Comments:

If played as a LotL char, there's three things that convert Golems from 'very tough' to 'practically invincible' - a LS / Shield setup (blocking / flurry to prevent getting over-run), inscription and a vamp weapon. The reason is simple - early on Golems lack an "emergency button" in the form of black pots, SL or Hiding. I 'cheated' and bought 8k worth of blanks to quickly throw my inscription up to the mid 80's at level 49/50. From then on, with SL scrolls hot-keyed, I was never in any danger, and was happily clearing stuff waaay beyond my means. One potential killer is cloning, which stings hard when your avatar is a crystal or fire golem! So, basically, your survival is determined by the amount of scrolls you can farm, and your luck getting a vamp wep - I imagine with a fast vamp sword, nothing could stop me.

A pet mino shaman or anything tough with high Mana & a VM spell would make you unstoppable.

Skill wise, Golems are a bit stuffed - alchemy is pointless, enchanting relies on scrolls of IMJ, so very resource intensive, cooking is pointless other than taming food, fishing is pointless other than taming (barring boots / maps). Class cap of 100 means that you're a pure fighter or rogue so single spec.

**Warning - massive wall of text incoming**

Fixes / thoughts on changes, as it'd be a shame to dump the concept.

Earlier there was a post about tiers / types of golems, which I think is sexy & would add interest to the race to replace the missing complexity of skills. Golems change type by a 'tradeskill' that is permanent / irreversible. Instead of Mana / Rage, have "Energy" (or Mcguffin name of choice) that charges on hit and allows Golem only special - might have to tinker on the speed at which it fills.

Flesh - starter type
* 1.2x mr
* 1.1x def
* 0 mana all the time
* Can eat & drink, but all effects are reduced by 50%. Timers, health benefits etc.
* Special is equivalent to Improved Health potion - call it Flesh Rebonds or Frankenstein Burst
* Can use all types of weapons & armour normally
* Can swap worn items at will

Forest - level 40
Required to upgrade: 30 silverleaf logs, 40 spider silk, 10 green potions (note: I've tried to avoid using items that come from skills that Golem chars will have difficulty / find impossible to raise)
* 1.35x mr
* 1.3x def
* 0 mana all the time
* cannot eat or drink pots, but beer is ok (think bender from futurama), however they don't get the benefits from beer as dwarves do
* Can eat ebony logs - has effect as Yellow Potion
* Special is equivalent to Sleep Wind - call it Tangled Limbs or Rooted to the Spot
* Suffers +50% damage from Fire (better yet would MR bonus ignored by attacks, but this is probably not possible)
* Armour: cannot use cloth / leather types, but can switch at will
* Weapons: can use all types, can switch weapons

Earth - level 80 - MR +50%
Required to upgrade: 20 wet clay, 40 blood moss, 10 lime potions
* 2x mr [same as Undead]
* 1.5x def
* 0 mana all the time
* Can eat wet clay - has effect as Improved Yellow Potion
* Special is equivalent to earthquake - call it Hulk Smash or Ground Trembler
* Suffers +50% damage from Life Drain (better yet would MR bonus ignored by attacks, but this is probably not possible)
* Armour: cannot use cloth / leather types, fuses to body (permanent curse, lost on next equip)
* Weapons: cannot use untinted wood types (ash / oak etc can be used), can switch weapons

Iron - level 120 - MR +70% (same as Undead)
Required to upgrade: 40 steel ingots, 20 blackrock ore, 10 brown potions
* 3x mr
* 1.65x def
* 0 mana all the time
* Can eat blackrock ingot - has effect as Refined Yellow Potion
* Special is equivalent to Poison Wind- call it Breath of Death (sorry.. getting bored making up names here ;) )
* Lightning attacks cause temporary 'encumbered' effect / slow
* Armour: cannot use cloth / leather types, fuses to body (permanent curse lost on next equipped replacement)
* Weapons: cannot use wood types other than silverleaf / ebony, fuses to body (permanent curse lost on next equipped replacement)

Fire - level 160 - MR +100%
Required to upgrade: 20 glowing embers, 40 mandrake, 10 purple potions
* 4x mr
* 1.8x def
* 0 mana all the time
* Can eat glowing embers - has effect as Greater Yellow Potion
* Special is equivalent to Flame Wind - call it ... something fiery... Fire Vomit
* Suffers +50% damage from lightning (better yet would MR bonus ignored by attacks, but this is probably not possible) (( no water damage types in game, otherwise I'd have chosen that))
* Armour: cannot use cloth / leather / chain types, fuses to body (permanent curse lost on next equipped replacement)
* Weapons: cannot use wood types other than ebony, fuses to body (permanent curse lost on next equipped replacement)

Crystal - level 200 - MR +150%
Required to upgrade: 5 golem power cores, 30 orbs, 10 white potions
* 5x mr
* 2x def
* 0 mana all the time
* Can eat gems (not peer gems) - has effect as Mega Yellow Potion
* Special is equivalent to VoG - yadda yadda
* Suffers +50% damage from melee attacks / blunt attacks
* Armour: can only use Crystalline types (permanent curse lost on next equipped replacement)
* Weapons: cannot use wood types other than ebony, fuses to body (permanent curse lost on next equipped replacement)

Ye, hugely complex but some ideas there - although glowing embers don't seem to drop at all at the moment - very rare drops. Grumble, grumble.
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

There is icewind from the only ice dragon in game atm... Also yeti aspect for monk gives slight (like 20%?) more damage to fire beasts.

Also IMHO anything with x5 or x2 MR as a bonus would be ridiculous. Imagine wearing all MR gear and ending up with 6k MR? How many mobs would be totally pointless then? Add block on to that with battle roar and it would be quite easy to tank!
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Maybe rename the skeletuns to deadites?
Akyla

Post by Akyla »

MMM just a thought but how about having golems be able to turn on some type of 'stone form' ability which would -75% atkspd/dmg, but give +75% def/mr? Something like that at least... Cooloff timer etc. etc. But then again I guess there is tank stance for such a thing?
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Let's put a bitch ingame. damn near 22k MR. LET'S DO THIS!
20111124-133411.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye
hello

Re: alpha server - now testing player vampires!

Post by eggmceye »

eric2.jpg
ffff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

and post all bugs and comments here
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

This is a very cool idea but there is only one major problem with it that i noticed. Running from place to place in the day time just to get to your dungeon can practically kill you with the current damage taken by the ticks and it doesn't fluctuate. I am level 217 there and i am taking the same damage as another player that was level 76, seeing that i have his health times nearly three and i had trouble getting there, that means the newer players, if they were to get this, they would be fucked. Maybe have it go by level or a nice base ? :-S Also, another thing i just noticed is that you can't res during the day. Your just fucked if you die during the day. X-D
Last edited by Rufio on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

New Tint:

Shade-Every piece lowers damage taken in the sun by vamps in sunlight. In darkness every two pieces allows you to get one tile closer to a mob without being detected.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Poison, disease, choking, and drowning all still effect vampires.
Mani doesn't hurt you if you're not pvp enabled. (intended?)
The Graveyard isn't dark during the day for vampires. (intended?)

Also can you update alphas character roster with regs again? Our houses don't work and most of my current gear isn't on there.
Last edited by Onyxt on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Onyxt wrote:Also can you update alphas character roster with regs again? Our houses don't work and most of my current gear isn't on there.
Herd that. If you could.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Also, as eclips, I cannot access any of my chests in my house. The initial time I try, it gives the accessing bank inventory message, and any time after that nothing happens. It happens as vamp and human.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Thats because we dont "own" the chest as i take it? I dont understand it either.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Rufio wrote:Thats because we dont "own" the chest as i take it? I dont understand it either.
When egg disabled housing on PD/NG a while ago it affected alpha too. So we dont own our houses or mimics.
Akyla

Post by Akyla »

Possibly give vampires natural NV? Should fire/silver hurt them more?

Lycans VS werewolves should be some kinda cool thing once both become active! Like at night on a full moon you might be lucky enough to see some vampires and lycans fighting eachother! Also, in the reg server, after curing lycan you can become a werewolf at will. Will this be the case with vampirism?

Also, there should be a wussy vampire sect called twilight or something :P Standing in the sunlight just turns your skin into crystal for an MR bonus! Plus, this sect of vampires doesn't feed at all and are friends to humans and even have sexor with them! /endsillyjoke
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

* fixed undead perk not sticking for vamps
* fixed buff bug
* fixed graveyard not being dark
* sunlight changed to dmg 3% per sec (33 sec till death)
* non pvp rules do not apply to self - fixes non pvp vamps being safe from Mani damage
Danzom
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Danzom »

Dwarf drinks doesnt work, just getting drunk.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

when did you find this out, after I posted?