Make Money For Egg Thread...Posting Old Ideas

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Dudle
on lolpatrol

Make Money For Egg Thread...Posting Old Ideas

Post by Dudle »

Well with addy coins being automated egg is one step closer to quitting his day job!

Hopefully some people will feel inspired to think of ways to incorporate 'playing enhancements' they have thought up in the past with the new addy coin system.

I was thinking about the old idea of mercenaries with /ranged /melee or /heal as commands as well as different classes and lvl's (low, med and high).

They would be found hanging around in the inns of the towns and have the low lvls payable with huge ammounts of gold coins per week to whet players appetites (and have a gold sink) then have med and high lvl mercenaries cost gold and/or addy coins to 'maintain' ...could be a good source of cash.

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

$5 a month for the res sickness curing item-RENT?

This seems much more beneficial than HearthStone

Or, is this single use item? Then 2 tokens per sounds right.

As a consumable should raise more funds.

Skill acquiring beyond 50 is a toughie. Same multiplying effect would seem good. Start with 4 tokens for 51%, 8 for 52%...
These are permanent, beneficial skills and therefore powerful in regards to gameplaying.
WeaponSmith will save oodles of repair scrolls, for example.

Atypical pets: Could do a thing with limited number of certain pets avail only for that month. 30-100 tokens here. Rentable or perm?

Portable Bank Access: This would rock! ATM like 24 hour service should be purchaseable as well. Fee per transaction window...like 2 coins per access?
For full time in dungeon banking? 20 coins a week? Enables hours of dungeoneering w/o overburdening or losing gold.

Enough for now. Love the possibilities!
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

I'm really not for something that is a monthly fee, but would consider it for several perks, but just for res sickness, a one time purchase of $10-$20, I would pay or $5 for 100 uses, then buy another.

I would also pay for something that repairs weapons in your inventory without having to drop them. I have come close to losing my weapons with my crappy internet.

Magic Carpet should be more expensive than the horse, since it can go where the horse can't, maybe twice the price, unless you are talking about addy coins here. If so it should be kinda high, too, $10-$20, also.

The portable bank, multi mark/recall, and the overworld map would be ones I would buy with in game gold or addy coins. $5-10 on them.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Few mine ideas:

* banker in your house - as a regular merchant, just like in towns, but you could place it anywhere you want in your house(price 10-15$?)
* altar - besides looking cool in your house, it could be used to determine cursed/uncursed status of items. Price - 8$/80 adamantium coins
* how about portals leading directly to dungeons/hunting grounds? Price - 10-15$.

My suggestions about prices of already posted ideas:

* I love idea of magic carpet. 10$ would be good price.
* portable bank access - because it'd be very useful, it should be expensive, 10-15$.
* multi mark/recall - 4$ per every KPY/KOP slot above one?
* res sickness cure (item that you buy and use to cure res sickness) - 2 addy coins per one use token?
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Make Money For Egg Thread...Posting Old Ideas

Post by Heikki »

Mystic eggs:

- One use item.
- Cost 10$ per 5 egg case (Opening case grants 5 x random eggs to players inventory)
- Allso rare drop (As rare as Transferrence wands. Only eggs drops, not full case!)
- Duration lasts 10 minute per egg (MAX 10, even less...)

Red egg: 2 x XP
Blue egg: Better drops
Green egg: +33% to all stats
White egg: +33% to all damage
Orange egg: +33% to every skills (Skills goes even over 100!) (Think about taming ;) )
Rainbow egg: Random bonus
Teal egg: Double mr and double hp
Purple egg: Skills raises 2 x speed
Grey egg: Player immune to asphyxiation and resurection sickness (This one lasts 1 hour)
Brown egg: 10 x chance to get rare item (like ship, transfer wands etc..)
Black egg: 2 x faster rage and 2 x more mana
Yellow egg: Grants magical item to players inventory
Flashing egg: Summons vorpal bunny super boss :P
Egg mceye egg (Egg with red eyes): d4 random bonus!!

I think this idea:

- Makes cash to egg
- Makes EUO LOT more intresting
- Is not over powered (Or is it?)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Skill stone idea:

Soulbond item that cost about 15$?

What does it do:
Players are able to store skills to stone and "withdraw" skills from stone.

Example:

1) 100% fighter + 25% mage character store his fighter skills (All 100%) to stone.

2) Now he have only 25% used on magery skills... so he can raise his rogue skills up to 100%.

3) Someday he store his rogue skills to stone. (Now there is 100% fighter skills AND 100% rogue skills in stone) and he got again only 25% in mage skills.

4) Now he can "withdraw" fighter skills OR rogue skills from stone without retraining skills.

Why somebody will buy item like this:
This makes possible to chance class without retraining skills everytime player wants to chance his class.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Use the new races to his advantage and sell race changes for like 10 bucks, 5 for the avatar of the race and 5 for the actual race change. I think he could get some decent coin off of that. :D
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
dshadowplay
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by dshadowplay »

Looking at the BUY STUFF! page, it costs 10 dollars for a named weapon? Perhaps if naming your weapon gave it a slightly higher chance to give crit hits (like plain weapons do?) then everyone would do it. Also if people wanted to name a plain weapon for some reason I guess just make it even more criticals?

I seem to recall WoW had some thing where if you logged off while in an inn you would get an exp boost when you came back, what if EUO had it so that logging off in your house gave a similar bonus to exp when you came back. (the bonus increased the longer you were away but stopped at a certain point I think)
DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DarkIllusionist »

dshadowplay wrote:Looking at the BUY STUFF! page, it costs 10 dollars for a named weapon? Perhaps if naming your weapon gave it a slightly higher chance to give crit hits (like plain weapons do?) then everyone would do it. Also if people wanted to name a plain weapon for some reason I guess just make it even more criticals?
I'm not liking the idea of "Pay for stronger weapons"
ChildProdigy
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

well yeh I've been ruling that out since forever
dshadowplay
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by dshadowplay »

DarkIllusionist wrote:I'm not liking the idea of "Pay for stronger weapons"
Yeah I know but that would be like a minimal enhancement wouldn't it? And maybe it would up the amount of named weaps substantially. I'm just trying to think of how more people would pay for things, although I guess for a staff more crits would not matter so much. For 10$ I would not be bothered if someone else had a SLIGHTLY higher chance of crits.

What about that WoW inn thing though is that out of the question?
Cult
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Cult »

Last edited by Cult on Fri May 21, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light travels faster than sound.
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Here's an idea: For 10 or 15 addy coins you can buy 5 randomized books that would normally have to be found in the form of drops. The books are randomly chosen, and yes, duplicates are possible.

God, i just realized this is like buying and trading pokemon cards... Well, i still think it's a feasible idea. We just need a few more books, maybe.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Imagine if you could buy almost any item in the game from a cash shop.
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

For addy coins the ability to make one of your items soulbound. This would prevent careless players from accidentally selling their precious addy crook +9
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Bugbo wrote:For addy coins the ability to make one of your items soulbound. This would prevent careless players from accidentally selling their precious addy crook +9
I'd go for that. Should also be able to buy ability to undo it later in case you want to trade.
Spamalot
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Spamalot »

I wouldn't mind if I could buy special gear for a dollar or two...I would be looking forward to that! As long as you don't depend on specially bought gear I think that's ok and not so much different from buying special scrolls and mounts, is it?

Just look at LOTRO and others, their item shops are big and popular. I like the following ideas they have there:
- Quest Packs & Expansions
- buy special NPCs like mounts and monsters (what about a stick horse?) :P
- a kind of cornucopia food bag that's never empty
- moar avatars
- better and longer lasting health/mana drinks
- travelling scrolls with the names of towns, villages and dungeons

I mean egg has to maintain server cost and stuff. And as soon as we pay him he has more time to put goodies in EUO and expand it to our satisfaction(s) ;)
We're knights of the round table.We dance when we're able.We do routines and chorus scenes with footwork impeccable.We dine well here in camelot.We eat ham and jam and Spamalot
Roxal
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Roxal »

My ideas that I wouldn't purchase, because I don't have any money: (yes, periods make spacing for sub-category ease)
=== 0. Cards ===
Cash: special cards = $$$
Description: card based game on EUO just like card stuff in FF8
Sets up: "Cool" mini-game
=== 1. Pay to play as... monster (any monster) ===
Description: play as any monster and make leveling up less encumbering..
. (cost of food = monsterLVL)
=== 2. Pay to play as... monster KING!!!(The kingdom path) ===
Cost: $5 for some tokens (until your monster-tokens run out)
Description: Engage in the trials of a king!
. Control your land, as you prepare your _monster_ hordes for battle..
. equip your army, destroy, and rule!
. Use various battle tactics like 'attack', 'defend', and 'patrol'
. When the fighting gets tough, retreat to your base and build a BIGGER ARMY with any resources that you're able to scavenge (gold/meat/crystal/logs/ore that the character provides)
. *king based RTS game*
Suggestions:
. The monster king can switch between himself and any of his minions.. to look around and control units better.. (physical body must stay alive or the army perishes)
. A New continent?
.. Entice the players to go into the land when there's Monster King(s)
... A hidden artifact / new stuff (tame-able creature?) / something humorous / cards to collect
... note: this allows the land to be 'active' and more desire-able to obtain rule over
Questions:
. How many creatures should a player control in an army.
Positives:
. DM'd event without any DMs required (once finished)
Sets up:
. Battling for control of a dungeon or castle
Last edited by Roxal on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kintama
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Kintama »

Lots of MMORPGs come with a boxset you can order, even fanmade games like "Devil Whiskey" have those.

I want a big box with a CD containing the client, a big manual book and a cloth map* like in Old Ultima times. And maybe an Aluminium Ankh (or an Egg)

like this or this or this :P

Ah, just do it OK? Please please please :D

*) or laminated paper
"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior" (Hippolyte Taine)
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

D&D EUO style? XD