shitfight - removing versatility & dual classing with priest

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Re: shitfight - removing versatility & dual classing with priest

Post by Broden »

I agree that anything dual classed with a priest is over powered.

I believe the reason the priest class is so popular is because it is the everything class and it kind of doubles up on everything. Not only can it cure most status ailments, but it has one spell that can protect from them as well. VUM gives increased hitpoints and VM heals all hit points.

Perhaps spreading out the love might help a bit.

Fighters should have an ability to help "resist" against status effects.
Rogues should have an ability to help "dodge" status effects.
Mages should have a spell to help "protect" again status effects.
Cleric should be able to heal all status effects on themselves and others.
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

sev I don't like being bossed around but I think you have a point, it's a tiny detail but pretty well spotted, I've translated your excel macro into c++ and am trialling it now

having said all that I don't think the VM restriction is severe enough, maybe it should start healing less than 100%? But will trial this and see how it goes.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

How about:

"Spell channeling item idea"

Mages needs wear staff to cast spells and priests needs wear blessed mace to cast spells...
So if no requisite item equipted --> No spell casting

Additional idea:
Faster (speed) staffs/maces cast spells faster, but slower (and high damage) staffs/maces makes spells more effective.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Evanthia
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Evanthia »

Heikki wrote:How about:

"Spell channeling item idea"

Mages needs wear staff to cast spells and priests needs wear blessed mace to cast spells...
So if no requisite item equipted --> No spell casting

Additional idea:
Faster (speed) staffs/maces cast spells faster, but slower (and high damage) staffs/maces makes spells more effective.
That would give more variety to spellcasting (the second idea, not the first. I think the speed bonus is already penalty enough for not using a staff). Crook can be speed, shil can be power, and staff can be balanced.
They say insanity is bad, but it hasn't killed me yet.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Finished contests:
Scavenger hunt; Winner: Rusty
Bounty Hunter; Winner: Kin
What's that GOLEM?; Winner: Sephiroth

Current contest:
http://www.forums.swut.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4052 ((Triple Competition, great prizes!))
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Heikki wrote: Additional idea:
that's a nice idea - save it for another time tho
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

just incase you missed it:
eggmceye wrote: anyway - these changes aren't live but they are coded and tested, but req a patch so it will be probably friday my time

* u/a weps are now 2h (makes it less likely to dw a troll priest)
* vum hp bonus capped at +150 (same as GHS)
* um hp bonus capped at +100 (same as RHS)
* vas mani cool off increases with class points over 125%, to the tune of approx +1 sec per 10% over 125%, when a blessed mace is not equipped in the main hand. A 200% class (w/o blessed mace) suffers 15s vas mani cool off. Otherwise, cooloff remains at 7 sec.
* Vas Mani cooloff is visible as a buff - this is so you know when you can cast it again since the cooloff is variable
hoping to patch these with the non human/troll race buffs in abt 3 days
Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Broden »

eggmceye wrote:* vum hp bonus capped at +150 (same as GHS)
* um hp bonus capped at +100 (same as RHS)
Since these are going to be capped (and their effect lowered) can you please make these work like S and VS where they retain their entire value for the duration of the spell and have a visible counter in the upper left hand corner of the screen?
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

If you're trying to make priests separate, without taking away the ability to dual class a healer here is my proposal.

Priests must live a 100% holy life in order to keep receiving their powers from the divine.

Make the necromancer class with the consideration that death and life are one and give them some lesser healing abilities as well. Necromancy can be dual classed

Regen- I say regen works for 25 seconds and slowly depletes your mana and raises your hp by the same amount. Running out of mana will stop regen.
Vampiric wave- deals damage to an area surrounding the caster, and heals a % back to the party members in the radius.
Give Life - Revives players with Uncurable Zombie status, Zombie effect lessens and eventually fades over time. OR revives player as Lich/ Undead lord with certain abilities, buffs and nerfs.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Eclips wrote:If you're trying to make priests separate, without taking away the ability to dual class a healer here is my proposal.
You got it back to front - I'm making the ability for every human to dual class a healer less attractive
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I want to shift to the monk issue real quick.

When trolls first used two ua weapons they lost all monk abilities. Why not shift it back to that? I basically makes a troll dual wiedling a furry flinging fist fighter with no skill. I know you can get somewhere that way even though many will bitch and moan. On pd, the original RockBalBao used basically no magic gear and a couple of vampy knuckles. He had no monk bonuses and still plowed up to lvl 177.

If I know most people, they hate not getting their heavy damage and monk bonuses. Turning ua into 2handed weapons restricts gnomes from using ua weapons, though they could still use their fist I guess.

I'm biast because I just like the pow-pow puch effect that reminds me of rocky movies.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

good point abt gnomes
When trolls first used two ua weapons they lost all monk abilities. Why not shift it back to that?
not sure what you're referring to - did a weapon in shield slot ever void being unarmoured? (just chked src - indeed weapon in shield slot does not affect whether you are unarmoured or not, ie whether you get u/a crits)
so you're saying: make u/a weps 1h, but make it so u/a wep in offhand disables monk crits - I guess that fixes the u/a troll ... :?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Its a hopeful quick fix. I actually did think that when first introduced it negated crits and def bonus as well. I might be wrong about the def bonus, but I do recall never getting a single critical when dual wielding.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Priests must live a 100% holy life in order to keep receiving their powers from the divine.
Yeh.. Lets prevent mage-priest dual class because of this. :twisted:

About troll-problem:
If trolls can usen only gloves of attack (Can not be dual-wealded)
"No other UA-webs to trolls because of their big hands"
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

If you trying to make less people go to priest as a dual class, I say atleast make health scrolls duration a tid longer. Thats one of the main reasons i wanted priest as a back up. UM/VUM lsat far longer then a GHS. I would say give all other classes a way to detect cursed items (Universal WJ type thing) But thats just me enjoying WJ to much and it helped me alot. Sooo, If your gonna trash Priest dual classing, Thats all i want. Universal WJ, And increase health scroll duration. Thats my only input.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

There is a universal way; its called dropping your items by the holy flame in any shrine. I've done this with hundreds of items long before priests were around.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Im talking about a easier way. I dont wanna have to stop by a shrine everytime i train. Maybe make you able to buy (With gold, Not Addy coins) a holy brazier for houses? Or make inscript able to make WJ scrolls. 10% chance even at 100 inscript. I dont know, I dont care. I just would like to see a more convientiant way to reveal cursed items.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I can agree with that a little bit. I find the lava/water tiles useless to me as I don't have a house.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Flamesoffire wrote: I just would like to see a more convientiant way to reveal cursed items.
make a priest or dual class a priest if it's so important to you
IT IS S
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by IT IS S »

dual class a priest if it's so important to you
That's some good advice! I :heart: misquoting Egg
As things stand now, dual-classing in general won't be disabled, right? I was just about to get some serious Versatility.
There is no cheesing that is not skill