Argue all you like about classes in this thread - it's a FFA

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Re: Argue all you like about classes in this thread - it's a FFA

Post by Ozimandias »

ALL PRIESTS LOOK THE SAME AND ARE UGLY.

Ya, I'm a class-bigot. They took 'ar jobs!
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

priests with their swords golems are god mode! Its haxx. My sword golem on PD is fuckin rape. I can take down Wyverns in a hit and a half. If that! And with Healing/yellow potions, They have double the amount of healing! Wtf! Haxx!!! I CLAIM HAXXXXX!!!!!

Wait where am i? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yep, sword golem is getting a nerf (when I get round to it)
what else needs nerfing
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Fighters are awesome the rest are all a bunch of pansie ass moss munching mosquitos.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

My swarm of insects kill a Shadow warrior in maybe 3 hits at most it needs to be nerfed.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I forget if priest spells are intelligence based or level based can someone clarify "AGAIN."
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I'm pretty sure they are intelligent based. Early on in NG, my priest took out a room filled with Daemons within seconds thanks to the insect swarm spell being used two or three times. Since you can't level in NG, I guess it had to have been int based.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

you lazy assholes you could have gone to either:
http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Priest_Guide
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3901
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Priests are shit balls because we've managed to turn what was intended to be a support class into an unkillable solo survival class. Priests can't be dedicated to a support role, because partying in general slows your exp gain, and if you give a priest a good enough spell enchanted weapon, they become the juggernaut.

Fighters are good as far as I'm concerned. Sure, they're an unstoppable force (see juggernaut, above paragraph) once they hit a certain level, but hitting that certain level is a long trip for them. Argue about this all you want, it's about the best off class there is without it being ridiculous in some sense.

Mages. Fuck you guys if you want to complain about anything, ever. Back in the old days, you bitched when your summons' exp got nerfed, because you couldn't just summon a daemon army to clear the pit for you anymore. When full heal got a 7 second cooldown, you all bitched because it became possible to kill you without having to hit you for higher than your max hp. When you lost piety, you all bitched because you had to use healing potions like the rest of us. You still do the most damage, when it comes to DPS, you're the superior class. You guys need to shut the hell up, and have fun playing beginner mode.

Rogues. Oh jesus fuck, rogues. There's nothing overpowered about them, but there's nothing powerful about them. The worst mages in EUO can kill a rogue in two to three hits. The worst fighters in EUO can completely ward off all of a rogue's attacks with minimal defense gear (unless they're a good 40 or so levels above them and are using a few purple potions, then it's fair game). They suck at magic resistance, defense, and hitpoints. That means that hunting for a rogue is almost impossible when it comes time to fight dragons, unless they want to spend a day clearing one dungeon by luring one drag at a time. If they lured two reds or even two greens at level 80, they would surely be dead. Rogues have the most to complain about, but guess what? They DON'T! Because they're a fucking humble class, and they manage to make the best of what they have. Mage, you should try to be more like your big brother, rogue.

There's me.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

I agree with you about Mages. I will say i am a mage and i have done my fair share of complaining (when i first started that is :cool: ) it becomes ANNOYING! hereing mages complain,complain,complain. " You took away our healing now we are powerless....-_-
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

CC: yeh that's basically my sentiment, but it's still disappointing to hear that no one likes parties due to xp
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

I honestly think that the xp thing wouldn't be a big deal if there were some more perks for parties. But that's another discussion for another thread I suppose.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

Rogues used to have a semi-power. But since trolls being able to dual wield any 1h weapon, It kinda killed the ablilty to dual [insert dorky synonym for something like 'really good at' here] with Rogues, Cause when barbed first came out, I played around with a vamp rondel +8 and barbed ss +3, And i raped life. Healing and dropping their life like a mofo cause of bleeding. But now that trolls are in, Its not much of a power anymore.
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

This is the way i see classes.

Priests - Ability to dual heal, And their summons rape life holes. - Unstoppable.

Fighters - May not be able to get the most MR, But with thier powerful hits and massive hp, Who cares? They can still take down mobs like no tomrrow. -Stopable But barely.

Mages - Needa stfu cause they still rape life. VOG + XC > Life. Once they hit a certain level, Unstoppable.

Rogues - Need something cause everyone and their grandmother can get the 250 dex. And 90% of the players do get that 250dex killing the speed advantage rogues are supposed to have over other classes. I know this last part show go in the ideas thread, But i think that fighters/priests/mages speed gain should stop at 250, And rogues should be able to go a nudge faster (Atleast a nudge) and their speed gain should stop at 300. Just so rogues can atleast be faster then everyone else like they should be.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Or rogues gain a +10% speed to any weapon they use.
Priests
Priest is a new hybrid fighter/mage class with roots firmly in classic priests/clerics from you know what (I can't say it out loud: it's copyrighted). Priests don't really need to pump points into int - but they mostly need it for mana. The DoT spells are not resistable, and flame strike does bonus damage based on your level (however higher int means it will affect higher MR mobs, usual story).
Well smack me with a 2x4 and call me Hairy Larry. How the hell I miss that?

EDITED CONTENT (what the hell was I thinking?)
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

Too high a lvl of anything makes parties needless.

I remember not being able to do crap w/o support on fighter/mage/rogue*rougeforyoufrenchies*

Goes back to lvl cap and mobs being made for under 100 lvl characters.

Egg, screw em all and make mobs scale to player's lvl. You have 800hp/90 AS...Dragon has 300k hp and 3k INT/100Def
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

i've never really felt obliged to offer content for the lvl 100+ chars

edit: raping life holes
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I need to not drink and post.
Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Broden »

eggmceye wrote:yep, sword golem is getting a nerf (when I get round to it)
what else needs nerfing
This is actually comical. Priest, the one class in EUO that can actually function as a pure (non-dual) class and that is fun to play that way, is about to start getting nerfs.

Since the fighter, rogue and mage all look to the priest class to help them. Where is the priest suppose to turn once the nerfs start flowing?

I'm guess I am just kind of shocked. Instead of people making suggestions to make their preferred class as good as the priest class and as fun to play, they'd rather start causing others to be miserable like them.

I guess the old saying is true, "misery loves company." That has to be it because surely the people of this community are intelligent enough to realize that complaining about a class until it gets nerfed does make your class suck any less, it just makes two sucky classes.
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm talkin about makin the sword golem kill a 10000hp shadowcrab in slightly more than 3 hits