Argue all you like about classes in this thread - it's a FFA

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

mages are a bunch of spoiled over-privileged gaylords - discuss :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Severian wrote:
Onyxt wrote:Ideas for rogues:
Improve foils special, add a gash to hand effect (50% chance) that causes bleeding.
Also improve foils damage like you did with Unarmed, bump it up a point.

Add a new skill called Poison Arts, or whatever you want to name it. Can only be applied to short sword weapons; removing the weapon removes the buff. Skill can either use the items to cast the buff or make an item to use from a hotkey (I personally like it making an item better). Each of the buffs should have a 30% chance of affecting the mob or player.
Possible poisons for it could be as such:
0% Envenom (can be cured by any means) 1x Snake Venom / Mana Drain 1x Essence of Lightning 1x Mandrake 1x Vampire Dust (a bleed effect but for mana that cant be cured)
20% Improved Envenom (can be cured by means ) 2x Snakes Venom/ Mana Drain 2x Essence of Lightning 3x Mandrake 3x Vampire Dust
40% Refined Envenom (only be cured by bandages) 3x Snakes Venom 4x Nightshade / Mana Drain 3x Essence of Lightning 4x Mandrake 4x Vampire Dust
60% Greater Envenom (only be cured by An Nox) 4x Snakes Venom 5x Nightshade / Mana Drain 4x Essence of Lightning 5x Mandrake 5x Vampire Dust
80% Superior Envenom (incurable) 5x Snakes Venom 6x Nightshade / Mana Drain 5x Essence of Lightning 6x Mandrake 6x Vampire Dust
100% Magical Envenom (incurable) 7x Snakes Venom 8x Nightshade / Mana Drain 6x Essence of Lightning 8x Mandrake 8x Vampire Dust (50% chance of failure when making)
Poison should wear off after a hit (so that one backstab might really hurt), or else corrupt a weapon to a point where it is no longer usable and destroyed.]

Edit: also ... a poisoning skill should be a miscellaneous skill not a class skill ... just like alchemy
Well I forgot to say it should last 10 seconds max my bad xD. If it destroyed a weapon then no one would use it. Also I think it should be rogue only so theres more then one benefit to being a rogue, cause backstab is really all we have.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2010

Post by Severian »

Onyxt wrote:
Severian wrote:
Onyxt wrote:Ideas for rogues:
Improve foils special, add a gash to hand effect (50% chance) that causes bleeding.
Also improve foils damage like you did with Unarmed, bump it up a point.

Add a new skill called Poison Arts, or whatever you want to name it. Can only be applied to short sword weapons; removing the weapon removes the buff. Skill can either use the items to cast the buff or make an item to use from a hotkey (I personally like it making an item better). Each of the buffs should have a 30% chance of affecting the mob or player.
Possible poisons for it could be as such:
0% Envenom (can be cured by any means) 1x Snake Venom / Mana Drain 1x Essence of Lightning 1x Mandrake 1x Vampire Dust (a bleed effect but for mana that cant be cured)
20% Improved Envenom (can be cured by means ) 2x Snakes Venom/ Mana Drain 2x Essence of Lightning 3x Mandrake 3x Vampire Dust
40% Refined Envenom (only be cured by bandages) 3x Snakes Venom 4x Nightshade / Mana Drain 3x Essence of Lightning 4x Mandrake 4x Vampire Dust
60% Greater Envenom (only be cured by An Nox) 4x Snakes Venom 5x Nightshade / Mana Drain 4x Essence of Lightning 5x Mandrake 5x Vampire Dust
80% Superior Envenom (incurable) 5x Snakes Venom 6x Nightshade / Mana Drain 5x Essence of Lightning 6x Mandrake 6x Vampire Dust
100% Magical Envenom (incurable) 7x Snakes Venom 8x Nightshade / Mana Drain 6x Essence of Lightning 8x Mandrake 8x Vampire Dust (50% chance of failure when making)
Poison should wear off after a hit (so that one backstab might really hurt), or else corrupt a weapon to a point where it is no longer usable and destroyed.]

Edit: also ... a poisoning skill should be a miscellaneous skill not a class skill ... just like alchemy
Well I forgot to say it should last 10 seconds max my bad xD. If it destroyed a weapon then no one would use it. Also I think it should be rogue only so theres more then one benefit to being a rogue, cause backstab is really all we have.
you can use it on plain weapons ... and rogues also have trap removal, lockpicking and can stealth ... not to mention the weapon skills and their associated special moves
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Severian wrote:you can use it on plain weapons ... and rogues also have trap removal, lockpicking and can stealth ... not to mention the weapon skills and their associated special moves
Locks and traps is an invalid argument due to the change of EP and Skull Keys, also traps aren't as deadly as before; anyone can stealth so that's also an invalid argument, mages can VSL, then there are SL scrolls and dust of disappearance; and lastly ALL weapons have their own weapon specials, fighters having the more superior ones for obvious reasons.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Onyxt wrote:
Severian wrote:you can use it on plain weapons ... and rogues also have trap removal, lockpicking and can stealth ... not to mention the weapon skills and their associated special moves
Locks and traps is an invalid argument due to the change of EP and Skull Keys, also traps aren't as deadly as before; anyone can stealth so that's also an invalid argument, mages can VSL, then there are SL scrolls and dust of disappearance; and lastly ALL weapons have their own weapon specials, fighters having the more superior ones for obvious reasons.
not true ... being able to stealth, remove traps and unlock stuff without requiring 1-use items like skull keys and dust is valid ... and all weapons having specials was the point i was making ...

and just wondering ... how much does a backstab do again? equal to how many regular hits?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

oh oh - here we go :knife:
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Severian wrote:
Onyxt wrote:
not true ... being able to stealth, remove traps and unlock stuff without requiring 1-use items like skull keys and dust is valid ... and all weapons having specials was the point i was making ...

and just wondering ... how much does a backstab do again? equal to how many regular hits?
I'm not going to bother with this on here anymore its just wasting the space on this thread.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm not sure what the real argument is.
ZUPS!!!!
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Keighn wrote:I'm not sure what the real argument is.
I was suggesting a new rogue skill, and he said it should be misc because rogues already have enough stuff.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

serious post: someone can / should start a thread and all class arguments go in that thread and it can be an unmoderated free for all - and the first post should be "mages are a bunch of spoiled over-privileged gaylords - discuss" :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Onyxt wrote:
Severian wrote: not true ... being able to stealth, remove traps and unlock stuff without requiring 1-use items like skull keys and dust is valid ... and all weapons having specials was the point i was making ...

I'm not going to bother with this on here anymore its just wasting the space on this thread.
I believe the point you are trying to make is that all thieves have is backstab. And I am trying to say thats not true. In the end, what we have are two conflicting viewpoints. And yet, everyone should be free to voive their own opinions.

And if you think backstab is the only skill thieves have ... then i don't see why i can't ask how much damage it does relative to a regular attack

See my reply above.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:serious post: someone can / should start a thread and all class arguments go in that thread and it can be an unmoderated free for all - and the first post should be "mages are a bunch of spoiled over-privileged gaylords - discuss" :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
This made LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON hard xD
Severian wrote:
Onyxt wrote:
Severian wrote: not true ... being able to stealth, remove traps and unlock stuff without requiring 1-use items like skull keys and dust is valid ... and all weapons having specials was the point i was making ...

I believe the point you are trying to make is that all thieves have is backstab. And I am trying to say thats not true. In the end, what we have are two conflicting viewpoints. And yet, everyone should be free to voive their own opinions.

And if you think backstab is the only skill thieves have ... then i don't see why i can't ask how much damage it does relative to a regular attack

See my reply above.
Backstab bypasses def (when it hits) and is relative to your actual damage, I do 400-500 ish at lvl 221, but its more towards the 420-430 range it seems. I also never said you couldnt ask, just that I was done with it.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Onyxt wrote:Backstab bypasses def (when it hits) and is relative to your actual damage, I do 400-500 ish at lvl 221, but its more towards the 420-430 range it seems. I also never said you couldnt ask, just that I was done with it.
so like ... 15-20 times the damage of a regular hit?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Argue all you like about classes in this thread - it's a FFA

Post by Keighn »

How can you really argue about being a warrior and all the hassels when you bought all your gear and god knows what else. You're also a dual class fighter/priest.

Play a pure fighter starting out like the rest of us and get a more valid point on how the class functions. Even though I'd love to see more shit on specials and shit for both fighters and rogues.
ZUPS!!!!
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Severian wrote:
Onyxt wrote:Backstab bypasses def (when it hits) and is relative to your actual damage, I do 400-500 ish at lvl 221, but its more towards the 420-430 range it seems. I also never said you couldnt ask, just that I was done with it.
so like ... 15-20 times the damage of a regular hit?
10x
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

don't get too cross at each other now ;)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

here's an old summary of classes but I dunno if it still holds:
* fighters were best at pvp
* rogues were most fun
* mages were best pvm and levelled fastest
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:here's an old summary of classes but I dunno if it still holds:
* fighters were best at pvp
* rogues were most fun
* mages were best pvm and levelled fastest
Mackey and Slappy are saying priests are god mode, so dont forget that one.
DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DarkIllusionist »

This thread is kind of all over the place, but whatever. Rondels has significantly higher DPS than practically any fighter weapon, even claymore. And this is a single rondel, the DPS with 2 of them... :knife:

(Sure, fighters can go half troll, but that takes away from them the ability to dual class with priest, and even then, the DPS still doesnt match up to rogue DPS)

So basically, PVM wise, rogues have backstab and DPS.
Fighters have defence, AS, health, and better specials.
ChildProdigy
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

you're not allowed to post here unless your vehemently deriding one or more classes :2cool: