Book writing competition!!!`

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Book writing competition!!!`

Post by Broden »

So, that’s what happened to your old tower eh?

I enjoyed that and loved the conclusion. I’m going to have to spend some time around the well. Now, I just have to learn how to keep my mouth shut long enough.
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Here's my attempt:

Alchemist's Assistant
One day while I was looking for work in Mon Ferrato, the alchemist offered to pay me for testing some new potions he had concocted. I accepted the offer and entered his shop.

He handed me a heavy potion that seemed to be composed of liquid metal. I quaffed it and, suddenly, I felt very hungry. It was only after I had eaten my helm and half of my heater shield that I realized something was wrong. Strangely, my skin seemed to be metallic and my mouth to be on top of my head. I then felt my body return to normal.

"Well, that one didn't work," he muttered as he handed me a fiery orange potion.

I tried to quaff it, but it was so hot I couldn't finish it. My mouth, throat, and guts seemed to be on fire, and flames burst from my mouth. I spat a fireball at the brick wall of the shop, and I quickly drank the next potion to quench the flames.

I immediately felt myself being teleported and I soon found myself high in the air, plummeting toward an infinite sea below me. I picked up speed as I got closer and closer to the water. I braced for impact, and just before I hit the water, I was teleported back into the shop. Apparently, the potion had worn off.

"Another failure!" he complained. "Here, try this one."

Badly shaken, I mechanically swallowed the khaki-colored potion he handed me.
Suddenly, I felt furious.

"How dare you try to force your accursed potions on me!!" I roared. "Well, I won't be your fool any more!"

He tried to offer me the last potion. I struck it from his hand and stormed out of the shop, shoving aside the spectators that had gathered to watch the fun.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Haven't posted in this thread for a while, due to lots of IRL shit (ie college stuff), but I have gotten a chance to read/skim through some of the stories.

Egg's potion curse story could be titled "Confessions of a Potion Abuser" or something reminiscent of "confessions of a Skooma Eater" from Morrowind/Oblivion, since they both have to do with abuse of ... stuff (the morrowind/oblivion book is actually inspired by an old British novel entitled "Confessions of an Opium Smoker").

Also, I've been writing a two to three part book series about Maeondir. Hopefully they'll be finished soon.

Question (which I think I asked before?) will Feb 1st be the cut off date for just the contest? Or will you STOP accepting book ideas after that date as well? I didn't get to contribute much during the week or so that I had all those exams (and I have one easy one left, due feb 1st), and I'd like to add in more, even if it means no further rewards will be given after feb 1st.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Stinger, that's not bad, tho I would probably just have written abt being turned into a metal eating golem with more detail ... "It was only after I had eaten my helm and half of my heater shield that I realized something was wrong." is a cool line. One could write 100s of stories about alchemy.

btw I found the most excellent resource for writing ideas: http://www.seventhsanctum.com
particularly: http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-writ.php - a writing ideas generator

feb 1 is cutoff for the contest but I'll accept any book any time. my personal challenge (and knowing my lack of patience I probably won't see it thru) is to write about 100 of these mini stories and self publish it
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

“Brownthorne the Wickedly Mad” Book 1
a personal report by Shijelias of Sandy Valley

Brownthorne is a horrible being, no doubt. In my dreadful years working for this mental savage, I have come to know evils that no other man would have dreamed of. I worked for him as Head Sage number two, governing over the dark wizard district with a Bloodkin woman named Vradimil, my best friend and colleague.

The king would boast quite often that we (that is, his kingdom) would bury the ones of the north east. “The south shall rule all of Maeondir” he'd bellow in his lectures. And, for the most part, the people believed him – and they loved him as well. We were proud to be Brownthorne's kingdom. Our wicked hearts were set straight in less than a few years.

Vradimil was having doubts of our leader – and unbeknownst to her, Brownthorne was well aware. He made it seem like he trusted us so much. One evening we were called into his chambers for a secret meeting. He told us that a full invasion of Farimond – planned by him and heads of his military – was to begin within two years.

He sent Vradimil and a handful of guards and dark wizards to the thick forests east of Sandy Valley. With the appropriate parts given by Brownthorne, her and her dark wizards were to construct an army of what he called “Forest Golems” to wreak havoc and destruction upon Sandy Valley, then wait for reinforcements to proceed to Farimond Castle.

She went, and for weeks I heard nothing from her. Then, one day as I was walking the courtyard, I saw one of the guards that had accompanied her come running up to me in his tattered armor. He told me what happened.

Vradimil and her wizards were working on the forest golems, placing each piece they were given by Lord Brownthorne into the appropriate socket. Then, when they put in the power crystals into the first twenty and turned them on, all hell broke loose. The golems turned on them and began attacking violently. While the guard I spoke to barely made it out alive, the rest of them perished.

Deeply depressed and disturbed by this event (as well as the loss of my close colleague, Vradimil), I decided to investigate matters closely...
“Brownthorne the Wickedly Mad” Book 2

After explaining what happened with the situation near Sandy Valley (at least, to the best of my knowledge), Brownthorne seemed to be “acting” like he wasn't void of astonishment. What was more suspicious was that the surviving guard I had spoke with mysteriously went missing. Sure, there were posters and the like asking for people to report anything they knew of him, but it still didn't feel like anything was all that it seemed.

I sneaked to the secret underground records. I always had permissions to go in, but others would be intrigued as to why I was going in without a said reason from the king for this occasion. It was really only the guards I had to worry about.

I found the more recent records of what was going on in terms of assigned missions. Thanks to little suspicion being shown on my part, I was even able to access the higher level documents. It was then that I uncovered the plot.

According to a document I was able to procure, Brownthorne was silently vigilant against signs of dissidence. He had a higher circle of advisers, one that most – including me – did not know about. They conspired to send Vradimil and her underlings into the deep forests near Sandy Valley with cursed forest golem parts.

That's when I wanted to be wicked no more. For at that moment, I realized that wickedness strikes at itself as much as it would to good. With a madman like Brownthorne at the head of my kingdom, who would need an enemy like Farimond?

Rather than try and form a rebel group inside Brownthorne's evil kingdom, I did the smart thing and silently fled. I made it all the way to Farimond Castle – which was “our” sworn enemy.

After the royalty indulged my story, they seemed reluctant to let me live amongst them. They eventually came to a concession and decided to allow me to live quietly in Sandy Valley while they “deeply investigate” the matters concerning Brownthorne.
“Brownthorne the Wickedly Mad” Book 3 (conclusion)

I won't be too surprised if this final book never makes it to the official libraries of Northern Maeondir. Either way, I've written the conclusion for those few who would take the time to locate and read it. Thank you in advance.

Brownthorne is pure evil. It feels like nothing can stop him – especially the indecisive political powers at Farimond Castle! Being a resident of this land for as short as it has been, even I can see things for what they truly are.

Lady and Lord Farimond cannot in any way be depended upon to lead northern Maeondir against the powers of evil. They lead via dumbfound bureaucratic styles of politics. Their inadequateness to being rulers is only outweighed by their love of ass-kissing cabinet members. It is as though they have no concept of priorities.

They had assured me that an investigation into what can be done with Brownthorne was to commence with haste, but I can assure any reader of this conclusion that they have done little to nothing in regards to halting his progress. At this rate I truly believe in our lifetime Brownthorne will overrun all of Maeondir. Already there are rumors that he was strong enough to do away with his own followers. Imaging what he can do to Sandy Valley and Farimond Castle!

I have contacted Mariah, the former member of the ill-fated New Sosarian Council of Wizards about this dilemma. She was very reluctant to even hear my plea, and even said there was little she could do. However, she did say there was still hope left for Maeondir.

Can I and the few that read my final document do it alone? Probably not. But what we can do is spread the word, let others know of what threat Brownthorne poses, then perhaps he can be stopped. Even if it is done by band of skilled warriors – or even just a lone wanderer of great strength – then Brownthorne CAN be stopped.
Those are my books for Maeondir. I might write one more. The third one is truly a stand-alone and optional text. To be honest, I only wrote the third part in hopes that it would inspire something more for the expansion of Maeondir (high-level quests? DtK type mini games?). Yes, I've heard you don't like the idea of adding more quests (I believe you said so in the ideas thread), but still, maybe later down the road...? Again, that was really the purpose of the conclusion to the Brownthorne reports.

Also, I like your ideas on getting 100 mini stories of euo to be self published. Sounds cool, and could be bought of the website just like the other merchandise and what not. Should it get carried out, you can add in my stories to that mix as well.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

the maeondir books are great in spirit but need a bit of work - they are pretty true to the story of maeondir

the following I wrote last night when I was so drunk I actually forgot about it until just now, where I tacked on the ending and polished it up

My Pet Basilisk
Legend has it that the stare of an adult basilisk will turn the receiver of the said stare into stone, but this was not true with the juvenile basilisk, of which I had one as a pet for some time. I fed it rabbits and snakes and kittens but one morning my wife looked at it the wrong way, and the basilisk looked back and my wife was turned into stone. I realised that my pet was now all grown up and that I had to get rid of it. I put on my mirrored shades and confronted the beast. It turned its ugly head toward me and stared at its own reflection in my spectacles and was petrified. I’ve had both my petrified wife and pet basilisk converted into fountains for my front yard where people from around town drop by and delight in their perfect stone form. They’d be horrified if they knew how the statuesque fountains actually came about.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm starting to think back story and these little books are way more important than doing a 'main quest line'. I was going to rant on about why I think this but I have cool beverage now and now I cbf :cool2:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

working on religious themes again .. might as well now that there are priests ...
Religious Sects and Cults of New Sosaria

An extract

… of shadowlord worship, imp, daemon and devil worship, the seven temples of the seven forgotten gods, the Church of Tanelorne, the cult of the Forgotten Avatar, the followers of the Benevolent Balron, the group that meets weekly at the Browne Orc to discuss the second coming of Eudoxia, The Monastery, the society of the crab, the society of the Huge Crab and its immanent return, the temple of Bovindus – supreme lord and ruler of the cow-lords, half-troll vodou and all its variants, shamanistic practices off the half-trolls of northern Maeondir, the New Church of the Redeemed Transgression, the Chapel of the Dawn Chorus, of spider priests and the rites of the Bloodqueen, the Golems Are Your True Masters sect, of drake and dragon worship, of bloodlord worship and the Temple of the Fifty Blood Drakes, the druid tree-ent herders of western Maeondir, the Temple of the Pheonix, the Temple of the Seers, the Assembly of the Alligator and the Cult of the Crocodile, the testaments to the gods of fire, cold, lightning and magic, the Cult of the Vampire and the Followers of Foveaux, the Church of the Olde Vintage and the Wicked Gout that it brings, the Society of the Red Pyramid, the followers of Xile and the followers of Mondain, the Montor Mission and the Tanelorne Tabernacle, the undead faithful, of zombie worship, bone-lord worship and lich worship, the Oratory of the Octopus Overlords, the Orders of the Dragons Black, Green, Red, White and Blue, the Brotherhood of Blood and the Cult of the Shadow, the Fold of Five Rats and the Temple of Ten Giant Rats, the Knights of Virtue and of the shrines that they have forsaken, the Sacrament of the Eight Lost Runes, the Affiliation of the Stygian Abyss, the cult of Brownthornic personality, the Black Mountain Sanctuary, of amplifier worship, half-tower worship and virtual reality worship, the cult of the enraged cow, the illegal Church of Elder Ultimarian Overlords, the Church of New Sosaria …
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Damnit! I have an old 30 page hand written, very generic fantasy story that I wrote and I can't find the damn thing. This is many years old but there's some features in it that I thought might be appropriate to the Sylvengard Tower Mage. Oh well, I probably burned it or something. I have a bad habit of doing that with my shit. I've got this other short myth though that I can transcribe to fit the icy lands if there's much of an interest. It deals with an artifact as well. The title is "The Iron Orb of Driakaar." Man some of the lame assed named I came up with over the years.
ZUPS!!!!
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Another monster txt.

Penguin, Electric: These flightless water foul resemble regular penguins but
have the unique ability to hurl bolts of lightning at an opponent. Usually
they keep to themselves but will attack if threatened. They prefer to eat
fish and use their electricity to stun their pray in much the same way as
an electric eel.
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

I swear on your god if I see a penguin in euo I'm hanging myself
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Will this do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZUPS!!!!
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

wishIwasDM wrote:if I see a penguin in euo
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

The Stolen Eye
The swords sang.

With each clashing of weapons the air reverberated from the vibrations of the blades - strike, counter-strike and parry – the movements were almost too fast to follow as the two fighters danced around each other.

Looking around the Museum foyer to make sure the darkness hid no more guards Samara launched herself from behind the pillar and dashed towards the final set of doors. Bracing her shoulder for the impact, Samara slammed her full weight behind it and bashed into the centre of the doors, bursting the lock. Only the naive thought that being a thief meant that you had to only use lock picks. Years as a rogue taught her that sometimes the most efficient (if not the most elegant) solution was the simple application of brute force. Especially when behind her, Samson, was fighting for his life.

The doors flung open.

Within was a bare windowless room, lit by torches inset into each corner of the walls. The floor was covered in a mosaic depicting the continent of New Sosaria out of which a single black pedestal rose up to chest height. Lying on top of the pedestal was a ruby red gemstone the size of a clenched fist. The flickering torchlight made it seem as if the jewel glowed and was illuminated from within.

Samara reached out with her hand to grab the gemstone but hesitated just before her gloved fingers touched the stone. Her years of experience as a rogue had also taught her that there was always one last trap – especially when the object in hand was as valuable and as enchanted as the Eye of Katorina.

A peer gem of unsurpassed quality, the great Enchantress Katorina ensorcelled the stone allowing its possessor to scry location of any object within Sosaria. With it, no secret safe, no hidden vault, no buried treasure would be safe from the prying eyes and clutching hands of the Thieves Guild.

Behind her the sounds of struggle continued, assuring Samara that the guard was still distracted. Withdrawing a small flask from her satchel, she took a swig of the white elixir and closed her eyes. The potions effect worked quickly, providing the thief a short glimpse of hidden mechanisms within as the pedestal became temporarily translucent. Nodding, her suspicions confirmed Samara reached into the satchel for a second time and took out an object bought along just for this contingency. A crystal orb of the same size and weight as the Eye, Samara deftly switched the two items without triggering the trap.

Between bashing the doors open and making the substitution, less than thirty seconds had passed.

Samson was beginning to worry.

His longsword seemed to be getting heavier and heavier with every deflection of the guard’s blows, each strike and counter-strike leaving him slightly more unbalanced. Samson couldn’t find an opening with which to make an offensive. He was just barely keeping the blade from reaching his skin and Samson realised he was outmatched.

Samson was about to raise his sword to meet the foe when suddenly the guard staggered and collapsed onto the floor. His sister had struck the guard from behind with a brass knuckle.

“Samson! Stop playing around! I’ve got the Eye, we can go! The sooner we get out of here and back to the Guild Hall, the sooner I’ll be promoted to Grandmaster Thief!”
Last edited by LaughingCoyote on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Grue
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Grue »

Excerpts taken from the journal of Günter the Lost, Part I

On the fourth day of Anyero, 1032
After weeks of continuous silence, the courier finally arrived in Izumi, bringing word from my sponsor. It’s been years since I first entered into his servitude, but he has been an honorable man to work for, and has treated me well.
According to the dispatch, this will be the final task that is required of me, after which I will have finally earned my freedom. I am to obtain a rare tome, from a place called “Netherterra”. While I’ve always thought that this place was a myth, my master assures me that it is in fact a true place within the realm, although he knows not where.
Looks like I’ll be buying a few rounds at the pub tonight . . . loose tongues should provide me with the clues to proceed.

On the thirteenth day of Anyero, 1032
It’s taken longer than I expected, but the latest ship in from Dryden has brought me the first hint as to the location of my destination. A sorcerer claims to have heard talk of an adventurer that plumbed Netherterra’s depths. I’m not sure how reliable his tale is, as his eyes were ever shifting, but the siren song of my freedom leaves me no choice. I must gain passage on the next ship departing for Dryden, as the person he mentioned supposedly lives there.

On the second day of Kura-nan, 1032
Three weeks . . . it’s hard to believe that it’s been that long, but I finally arrived in Dryden. Ship travel is slow, but it is quicker by far than foot. While my lord has not been ungenerous, neither has he been free enough with his coins to afford me my own horse. The irony that I’m in the only town that sells horses is not lost on me.
In talking to the local shop owners, I learned that the man I seek does not live within the city walls, but rather has his own hovel north of town. It comes as a shock, but they all claim that the man I seek is none other than Estorrath, the fabled wizard. This quest begins to disturb me . . . how is it that I would encounter not one myth, but now two. I depart on the morrow with much trepidation.
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"
Grue

Post by Grue »

Excerpts taken from the journal of Günter the Lost, Part II

On the third day of Kura-nan, 1032

During my travel north, I found myself thinking back to that third night aboard ship. The full moon was clear in the ebon sky, and as we sailed by Lillyville, we heard a baying cry coming from somewhere ashore. With the night clear of the usual fog, I tried to espy the source of the sounds, and to my horror, I spotted a pack of werewolves on the hunt.

Seeing them at a distance, one might mistake them for a large wild dog, but up close, their visage can turn even the bravest man into crying babe. Their speed and strength are unequalled, and fearful to behold. I’ve heard rumors that werewolves can spread their curse to others . . . not a tale that I ever intend to prove myself.

I should arrive at Estorrath’s hut by midday tomorrow, if everything I’ve heard is correct.

On the fourth day of Kura-nan, 1032
The gods above must have heard my pleas, as they granted me the strength to stand before a living legend. Even before I rapped upon his door, I could feel the hairs on the back of my hand rising, as though I had taken a chill . . . a testament to the stories that tell of his power.

I explained the reason for my visit, and upon hearing of my destination, Estorrath flatly refused to provide me with the location. His tale of a twisting cavern maze, full of all manner of creature, from minotaurs, to dragons and demons, included all manner of pitfalls and perils awaiting the unprepared, which he estimated as my ability level.

I did not try to dissuade him, as while my travels and tales would be no match for his own, neither would they convince him of my abilities. I respectfully thanked him for sharing his wisdom with me, and for showing me the folly of my quest.

It would not be until I was well upon the road back to Dryden that I would start thinking of other manners of accomplishing my goal. Though he may not have known it, Estorrath did provide me with the next needed clue. . . I need only find a way to turn that information to my advantage.
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
Grue

Post by Grue »

Excerpts taken from the journal of Günter the Lost, Part III

On the seventeenth day of Kura-nan, 1032

While this day has been a long one, it has also been profitable for me. I had arrived, late in the day prior, on the outskirts of Minotaur Hall. When Estorrath told me of the manner of creatures that Netherterra housed, I immediately remembered this Hall from a previous visit. It is a rarely known fact that where one minotaur goes, others shall certainly follow . . . therefore, either the Netherterra minotaurs came from this Hall, or the Hall was founded by those from Netherterra. In either event, I would only need gain access to the Hall and interrogate some until I learned what I needed.

I awoke before sunrise, and made my way forward. Thankfully, I had the fore thought to bring some black potions with me, and in the stealth that they provided, I was able to make my way inside unseen. As I quickly searched each room, I came across one with three minotaurs. Two slept, while the other stood guard. Sneaking up behind the sentry, I provided an encouraging tap to the head, rendering it unconscious. I quickly turned back to the sleeping one, to ensure my scuffle had not awakened them. Thankfully, they still slept, so I quickly bound and gagged all of them in quick succession.

After slitting of two of the creatures throats, the third was more than willing to share what information he had with me. Netherterra was located to the south and east of my current location, within the mountains next to the great desert. Clubbing him into unconsciousness, I slit his bindings, and took them with me, leaving the bloody dagger within his own hands. Even if he tried speaking of an unseen visitor within the Hall, without proof of my existence, I find it unlikely that his brethren would believe him as well . . . another loose end, neatly resolved.

I’m currently taking shelter within a hollowed out tree, across the way from Minotaur Hall. I’ve stayed hidden here all day, waiting to see if pursuit would occur. Other than a loud ruckus around midday, I have seen no sign that I am even acknowledged, so I will bid my farewells in the morning, and begin what I hope is the last leg of my search.
Grue

Post by Grue »

Excerpts taken from the journal of Günter the Lost, Part IV

On the twenty third day of Kura-nan, 1032
IT EXISTS . . . I have found the fabled Netherterra. It has taken me much longer than I anticipated, but I finally stand on the threshold of the end of my quest. With my freedom nearly within my grasp, I almost cannot wait to have this finished. Since daylight is quickly leaving me, I will set up camp outside, and begin the journey in tomorrow.

On the fifth day of Gratch, 1032
Twelve days . . . twelve days have I searched this infernal cavern. While forewarned of the mazelike nature of this place, I find that I truly am woefully unprepared for this. Using both stealth and strength, I have bested many a foes these last few days, but none have been eager to share with me the information to the location of the tome I seek. Their loyalty to this place is admirable, so I will continue my search . . . I must locate this tome.

On the eighteenth day of Gratch, 1032
I have now spent a third of my time on this quest stuck within these confining walls. Eight days ago, I finally located a set of stairs that I had not noticed before, which led me to a group of rooms which all appear to be identical. Each room has four sets of stairs, and some have portals to other rooms, which look exactly like the ones I just left. Even Estorrath’s description did not do this place justice.
If this had been any other quest, I’d have hired some mercenary assistance. But given the personal reward involved, my greed overcame my normal logic . . . what I wouldn’t give for a simple town portal scroll right now. If I should make it through this, I’ll definitely take up some of the inscription lessons at the University.
Grue

Post by Grue »

Excerpts taken from the journal of Günter the Lost, Part V

On the third day of Ly’crl, 1032
Another two weeks of passed since my last update, and this will probably be my last. I have been without food and water for 6 days, and I am still ensconced within this infernal maze of rooms. I have prayed each night for a miracle to release me from this hell.

What price is freedom, if that freedom is never gained?

For those that come after, and whom find this journal, I wish you better luck than I . . . I ask that you use any knowledge that I have provided in these pages to aid you in your exit from this place, and that it not become your tomb, as it has become mine.

For my last wish, please make sure that this journal makes it to . . .

The writing ceases here; the final bequest, left unfinished . . .

-----

The University has kept and maintained this journal for over 300 years, and is now required reading for all those that would seek adventure within the Sosarian realm. Originally found within Netherterra by a group of scholars in search of the mysterious tome themselves, it serves as a reminder to all that any adventuring carries with it the risk of failure, and for some, certain doom.

And while many years have passed, and hundreds of thousands of people have visited the University, the bounty originally posted for information concerning Günter’s mysterious benefactor has never been claimed. Some theorize that it Estorrath himself, in a second guise, ensuring that his lackey never left the servitude under his own will. Estorrath was eager to provide the initial authenticity to the tale, and staunchly refutes any claim that he was the one that sent Günter to his death.

It is the opinion of this writer that Estorrath is telling the truth . . . the passion in which he relates his conversation with Günter, and the heat that he puts behind his warnings, is not one that is easily imitated. My hope is that, one day, additional Günter journals are found, and the hidden truth concerning this final mystery comes into light. Until that time, the identity, like Günter, remains lost.
Grue

Post by Grue »

Ok, sorry to take up half the page, but ever since the challenge began, I've been slowly working on this epic. Keeping each one within the confines of the word limit was challenging, as it made finding areas to break the story . . . interesting. I know it's a five part epic ( if it can be called that ), but I hope you enjoy it enough to include it. Thanks for diversion Egg . . . it was definitely enjoyable.