idea: bountys

Moderator: EUO Moderators

WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

idea: bountys

Post by WbBann »

Its just a basic idea I thought of, basically its to set bountys on players...

For example /setbounty Oriachim 10000

It should have a minimum of for example 10000gold to work, and perhaps it should change the colour of the bar to white or something different? To show the player has a bounty on his ass. I also bleieve it should turn any non pvp player to pvp, of course only 1 death and it will revert back to non pvp. When you set the bounty on the player, the money should go straight from your bank balance. There should be a command such as:

/checkbountylist - just to see whos on the bounty list

This is just for fun of course and will be something different for the game, and will give us a chance to get revenge on those evil people who enjoy ennoying people as non pvp. :)
Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: idea: bountys

Post by Devlin »

This would be abused so hard. Want someone to ragequit? put a big bounty on their head and wait for the chaos.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

WbBann wrote: I also bleieve it should turn any non pvp player to pvp, of course only 1 death and it will revert back to non pvp.
Don't include non pvp people and this would be a decent idea. being able to attack a non pvp person just by setting a bounty on them is wrong. All someone would have to do is set a bounty of 1gp everytime they wanted to kill a non pvp person. That would pretty much make everyone effectively pvp all the time. Make it where you can only set a bounty on a character that is pvp.
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

Rusty, thats why I believe in a minimum bounty of a whatever price (LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON I struggle to make money nowadays) and only 1 death but however I see your point to, I can understand if non pvp need privacy. But if you got a bounty on you, I don't think you should be able to go /pvp off just so you can safely hunt monsters?

@the other guy
I don't see how it would be a problem, I believe it'd add challenge to the game if anything, hunting monsters knowing you got a bounty on your ass, i'd be excited.
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

I chose to be non pvp and do not want to be pvp and it would force that onto players that do not want it, and 10k gold for a bounty is nothing to most players but the very new.

I agree with Rusty, it would be that everyone would be pvp whether they wanted it or not. I also agree with Devlin, there would be a lot of people very upset over it and quit. And the players no one liked would be done that way over and over and over.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

WbBann wrote:Rusty, thats why I believe in a minimum bounty of a whatever price (LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON I struggle to make money nowadays) and only 1 death but however I see your point to, I can understand if non pvp need privacy. But if you got a bounty on you, I don't think you should be able to go /pvp off just so you can safely hunt monsters?

@the other guy
I don't see how it would be a problem, I believe it'd add challenge to the game if anything, hunting monsters knowing you got a bounty on your ass, i'd be excited.
CHALLENGE TO THE GAME - EGO STYLE
ZUPS!!!!
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

L1ndaP wrote:I chose to be non pvp and do not want to be pvp and it would force that onto players that do not want it, and 10k gold for a bounty is nothing to most players but the very new.

I agree with Rusty, it would be that everyone would be pvp whether they wanted it or not. I also agree with Devlin, there would be a lot of people very upset over it and quit. And the players no one liked would be done that way over and over and over.
Do you mean people will be upset over the mental side that they have being put on a bounty or the fact people may have a reason to kill them? Either way I don't see how 1 death is gonna upset people? Ok maybe the bounty should be minimum based on level? Like level 100 = 100k, level 10 = 10k etc. That way its harder and harder to get money, i'm level 129 and I struggle to make money in EUO. (unlike the old days..)

@keign
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON EGO is a pretty tough challenge for me, I thin i'l pass.
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

There is really no mental aspect to it, but there is a lot of people in this game that is disliked for whatever reason and I just think it would get out of hand at times. I have seem people resort to glass just to kill someone to make a point beacuse they couldn't do it otherwise and that is very annoying to them. Being a GM I get to hear a lot of the complaints that the player base might not hear.

I just don't want to be bothered by people in the game by coming up to me and just killing me whenever I am doing something, that is exactly why I don't want to be pvp. I have seen others get mad when hunting and someone kills them and they were pvp, so it's most the people that are not pvp that would be pissed. I know I would be. It's one of the reasons why I chose to play this game for the choice of playing non pvp.

You can still do your idea, just leave the non pvp'ers out of it, simple as that. People already do it anyway, so it's not even necessary to be in the game. It's all a moot point anyway, I really doubt it will come to pass, been mentioned many times before and shot down.

What's fun to you may not be fun to me or other non pvp players, just bothersome.

And money is the easiest thing to get in this game, you just have to grind and sell stuff.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

WbBann wrote:But if you got a bounty on you, I don't think you should be able to go /pvp off just so you can safely hunt monsters?
How about if a player has a bounty on them then they can't turn pvp off? When the bounty is lifted, either by the person that made it or by the player being killed, then they are able to turn pvp off if they want to.

You defintely shouldn't be able to place a bounty on a non pvp person though. If you wanted to place a bounty on someone that's non pvp you'd have to wait for them to go pvp then place the bounty.
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

Ok I agree, non pvp people shouldn't be allowed a bounty. However if you're already pvp, and you got a bounty on you, then you shouldn't be able to go /non pvp into the bounty is lifted.