Clanhall Options

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Clanhall Options

Post by Rufio »

I have recently have been thinking about clanhall security, this is a big issue we have in the clanhalls. Since anyone and everyone inside the clan can access every chest in the clan hall, it is almost impossible to have privacy in the clan hall. First off i would like to have seperate keys for each chest in the clan hall, I know it would be some work but i think it would solve alot of problems concerning taking items you are not susposed to. Say having seperate titles such as the clan leader and the officers to be able to access any chest in the clan hall while the other lower ranks just drop in the drop box and have the higher end people in the guild sort it out. It would prevent stealing of valuable items, massive ammounts of crafting materials and other things.

Another idea i had was about having a drop box that would auto sort everything in the box. It would need some work but it would save so much time. Instead of taking 3 thousand logs to the woodcrafting chest you could actually just deposit the logs into this chest and it would automaticlly take it to the chest so you dont have to drop move two spaces, drop again, repeat till the chest you desire. It would save alot of time if cleaning out banks too instead of dropping 15 items that go in 15 diffrent chests. Ideas? Comments? :?
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Clanhall Options

Post by Keighn »

Aye, good idea. I've addressed this topic as well in a few threads. I know the legalities in game concering items in chests and about member trust. I really think that making keys of some sort for various chests and doors in the clan with different clearances would be great. There are times when a leader would like to test his members and slowly allow them to higher and higher access of areas.

Many will say buy a house if you want such privacy but that's not always convenient to some poeple. Houses are the ultimate in privacy as you can decorated, buy certain amount of squares for size, etc. Banks get over full and I do believe so can player merchants. Personalized clanhall chests that are only allowed to a certain person would be great IMHO. I'm also a fan of doors with various clanhall keys. Btw, I also think that perhaps it is time that clanhall keys state what clan they belong to instead of that weirds friggin code they have. It just looks ugly to see clanhallkey=0 or w/e it says.

/make key -- should just make a clanhall door key that is just your typical default clanhall key to that key. So one for BoB would say BoB clanhall key.

/make key # - should make various clanhall door key with a number set in it (that isn't seen). This key can be used on a specific door type only in the hall. ie. Bob clanhall Key 1 would still look like "Bob clanhall key" but only work on a specific door.

/make key "prefix" -- would make a key that is more colorful in nature. i.e. /make key Iron -- would make say Iron BoB clanhall key. The prefix does nothing but add a colorful bit of something to the clan.

Mix a prefix with a # and you can make an interesting key that would work only on a specific door. ie. /make key Iron 1 -- would make an Iron Bob clanhall key for that one specific door set in your clan.

While standing next to clanhall locked doors (see the txt instructions of making such doors in maped) I have an idea to change the lock of that door.

/make lock # would change the lock of the door to match the # mode in the /make key. This can be used on any locked door in clanhall. Due note that there are a couple of types of locks for doors in clanhalls. One type off lock can be picked (i've tested this) while the other can not be picked.

/make lock "prefix" --- makes a colorful looking lock that should match the /make key "prefix" for various keys. Again, this prefix is only for decor and has no real affect on the lock other than that. Naturally this can be combined with the # command so you could make that /make lock Iron 1 to match that /make key Iron 1 key. Putting a 0 in there sets the lock to a regular clanhall lock that can be used by any clanhall key or the generic clanhall key.

Using a container scroll makes a generic container. This we all know.

I'm not really fond of the /merchname for naming the container though. For new purposes I was thinking of something along the lines of:

/chestname

/chestname # -- makes a chest that only accepts a specific chest key. Usually that person will have that key in their inventory.

/chestname "prefix" -- makes a prefix that is colorful to that chest though it bears no other effect to it like the doors above.

/make chestkey # -- makes a chest key that fits the chest that requires said key.

I'll think of something else later including keyrings that can hold all those damn keys.
ZUPS!!!!
VataraSei
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by VataraSei »

I love this idea as clan thefts seem to be on the rise and many players ( Rufio ) stand to be blamed. I think this would help alot and am greatful that someone could put it into words. Though I believe having a seperate lockable door which only Leaders hall key would get into would be great and make them easy to make like /makeleaderkey and that would be it and /makeleaderdoor on any door of your choosing. Thank you Rufio for that insperation.
It may have been a Cheap shot but it was the only shot I could afford!!! ( Gerrard - Magic The Gathering )
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

Keighn wrote:Many will say buy a house if you want such privacy but that's not always convenient to some poeple.
I would also say that buying a house is a very nice way to pay Egg for all the hard work he put into this game. Allow players to circumvent this does not seem right because Egg deserves better.

Maybe clan members can BUY a private chest using real money.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Many people circumvent housing via many alts. Even with clanchests people do buy houses. Houses are far more than prestige in the game. And while I'd never want to deprive egg of money for work he does for the game and the server costs I still think this is a pretty nice idea. This isn't really about making a private housing chest so much as an idea for clans to regulate their members. It'd be up to the clanleader to dertermine if a member is even worthy enough to have his own personal locked chest.

While the idea of charging money for the chest would be grand for egg and simple, it makes a slight problem for the clanmembers and egg is going to have to be told the coordinates in that map to put the chest. It makes all chestlock and chestkey commands pointless (as they wouldn't exist if egg had the control) for clanleaders to set up treasuries, locked armouries, pantries, and other supply closets if they wanted locked ones.

Another clan idea I had was guards and merchants. Clan guards would attack anyone and anything not bearing a clan membership. Some clans have monsters running around, perhaps they won't attack clanmembers in a similar manner as clanguards wouldn't.

Clanmerchants (and there aren't many ingame anyways) will only talk/buy/sell to clanmembers.

Clantraps. Perhaps some clans have traps that can be set to not activate for clanmembers.
ZUPS!!!!
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

The sorting of chest contents so materials get sent to one , potions to another, ect can probably be achieved using LUA scripting.

A real challenge though would be to make clan items tagged as belongings to the clan, members could pick them up, but as long as the items are in their inventory then they would not be allowed to leave the clan hall without permission from the leader or something.
TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

WOW clan gaurds that attack non clan members!! ya WTF is the point of that next you will have the option to assault clan halls and take them over :knife: jesus christ :twisted:

... actually being able to take over clan halls would make ppl more active ... it would be fun to assault the SPT but if you could do that gaurds would cost so much money to make a gaurd spawn (about bally str) and the doors would nee hp or somthing so the attacking team could get in...

so ya gaurds for clan hall dumb idea all in all but i would :heart: killing SPT
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Mikey
How do I attack?

Post by Mikey »

A problem ive found was recruiting it makes me angry when I see someone who wants to join your clan really bad but the leader is not on maybe there could be like Recruiters or Clan Helpers or somthing that can do this. Also I think there should be a special Clan vs. Clan were the leaders of the clan can declare war on eachother thus releasing clan guards who attack the opposing clan members and once the guards get attacked a message goes into the defending clan chat "Your hall is under attack by <opposing clan name here>!!!!! Then if someone defeats the guards and gets into the clan hall they are warped out and given a reward which is chosen by the clan leaders upon annocing the war. good idea?
Miketh: Hey Rangedmage I got a job for you.
Rangedmage: oh really what is that?
Miketh: You gotta tell Reth he is out of the guild.
Rangedmage: What why cant you!?!?!
Miketh: Your just good at it.
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

:knife: wow butcher my idea cause you bastardized it ill elaborate on the Taking clan halls idea how i thought it would work was

very gaurd spawn costs 25000-300000 bassed on creature power gold goes into a chest that will have hella hp this chest is also the clanhalls flag kinda if it gets killed you lose hall and when it die the opposing clan gets the money(not all like 1/2 what the other guy spent)

>how this MUST work to not cheese the game if the clan leader makes like a daemon guard spawn that has 2X the stats of a regular deamon and only give 1/4 the exp no drop EVER(or even no exp at all)

also the high gold cost would A.)make a use for god other than currency B.) GREAT gold sink hole

now to give guards a point make it so you can LOOSE your Clan hall :twisted: thats right Loose it all to gether just the clan hall not delete clan when say KoS takes SPT hall KoS keeps both halls now in SPT hall it will say
[SPT clanhall (controlled by KoS)] and KoS can loot SPT (also clan hall doors need to have like 5k hp or somthing so ppl can kill them when attacking

>reasons why this is not bad
1.)weeds out dying clans
2.) players are more active aka want to keep hall
3.) players buy houses in stead of using clan halls and then complain about theft(more money for egg) :mrgreen:
4.) solution to high lvls getting board and quitting (more players in game)
5.) new clans that are strong can just take a clan hall over
>Conz
well ... work for egg with progamming but thats it i think
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

HELL NO!

Tell you what? You go code and write up a few thousands lines of text for a clanhall and tell me if you would want to fucking give it up!? :mad:
ZUPS!!!!
Mikey
How do I attack?

Post by Mikey »

:shock: Why in the heck would you want your clan to be taken over???? Its a stupid idea and being able to loot there chests thats just crazy. It would make people quit not play more also it would mean more work for egg and a bad idea on that. my idea is much more sensible and doesnt fuck up the game, (plus raiden would just make his own clan and fuck everyone up :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: )
Miketh: Hey Rangedmage I got a job for you.
Rangedmage: oh really what is that?
Miketh: You gotta tell Reth he is out of the guild.
Rangedmage: What why cant you!?!?!
Miketh: Your just good at it.
VataraSei
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by VataraSei »

TheOneGuy wrote::knife: wow butcher my idea cause you bastardized it ill elaborate on the Taking clan halls idea how i thought it would work was

very gaurd spawn costs 25000-300000 bassed on creature power gold goes into a chest that will have hella hp this chest is also the clanhalls flag kinda if it gets killed you lose hall and when it die the opposing clan gets the money(not all like 1/2 what the other guy spent)

>how this MUST work to not cheese the game if the clan leader makes like a daemon guard spawn that has 2X the stats of a regular deamon and only give 1/4 the exp no drop EVER(or even no exp at all)

also the high gold cost would A.)make a use for god other than currency B.) GREAT gold sink hole

now to give guards a point make it so you can LOOSE your Clan hall :twisted: thats right Loose it all to gether just the clan hall not delete clan when say KoS takes SPT hall KoS keeps both halls now in SPT hall it will say
[SPT clanhall (controlled by KoS)] and KoS can loot SPT (also clan hall doors need to have like 5k hp or somthing so ppl can kill them when attacking

>reasons why this is not bad
1.)weeds out dying clans
2.) players are more active aka want to keep hall
3.) players buy houses in stead of using clan halls and then complain about theft(more money for egg) :mrgreen:
4.) solution to high lvls getting board and quitting (more players in game)
5.) new clans that are strong can just take a clan hall over
>Conz
well ... work for egg with progamming but thats it i think

I dont know what the hell you have against SPT but if you have a problem take it to the clan leader Katrina which is me and we can discuss this further.
It may have been a Cheap shot but it was the only shot I could afford!!! ( Gerrard - Magic The Gathering )
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

Guards = Guard stuff .... really hard i know mikey but ill tell you a secret (they only guard things if you stand to loose that which is guarded)

there for unless some sort of clan war no point to clan guards