PETS!!!

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re:

Post by Rufio »

Keighn wrote:I just recently noticed the "heal" command for pets so they'd constantly heal you. How well does it work? Do they still attack if a mob strikes them?

On the mob thread I asked this:

Code: Select all

Does anyone know if as pets advance in levels (or monsters) whether anything else raises besides Hit points? 

Attack Strength? 
Defense? 
Magic Resistance? 
Intelligence? 
Damage? 

I'd really like to know the simple formula for this otherwise I'm going to have to just write out my ideas without that info.
Perhaps a command that has the monster throw out only one particular spell attack assuming it has it. (i.e: Black Dragon - you type VF or XMP for it to only blast opponents rather than melee or summon daemons).

I've also mentioned that perhaps the option for not having pets evolve. Rather than having them instantly evolve use a command "evolve" upon attaining their lvl 25.

Pets once evolved start at lvl 1 and not lvl 26 or 51 (dragons and daemons examples).

A major code would be xp amounts for certain mobs to go up levels. I really don't think a lvl 1 drake should level up just as easily as a lvl 1 bunny or lvl 1 minotaur.

And if pets had a different xp rate to go up how about unshackling them to go up to perhaps lvl 100. A lvl 25 goblin just doesn't do much.
===============
As to stabling creatures perhaps having more than 2 in a stable. It might be nice to have a near unlimited amount of pets to be stabled assuming you can afford the price per pet per day. I'm not sure how much stabling costs but if you run out of cash or perhaps "Pet Tokens" then they start deleting your pets from the bottom of the list upwards.

An example would be: you have 8 pets in your stable. But before the day is up you have only 3 token left. Well, as the new day dawns the 3 tokens pay for the top 3 pets listed in order and the last 5 are simple let go into the wild(just disappear).

I say pet tokens are it is in a sense easier to tally than 1,000s of gp. It would work just like a merchant.

=================
Battling pets and pets attacking other players (or just attacking criminals) is another idea that's been floated around.
This looks cool.
Eidolon wrote:in my honest opinion, in order to make taming worthwhile (besides getting that dragon at the end of a long and tiresome road of boring tame grinding), we need to brainstorm the shit out've it.
some ideas --

collars/pet-equippables --
why not have collars +str equippable for more max hp on your pet? or maybe even a chest piece of armour to increase its defense so your invaluable goblin doesnt get killed in one minotaur hit? or how abt being able to give a goblin archer a diamond shortbow +5 that increases their dmg so its not just 1 to anything with higher AC than their own kin?
i think thats all you should be able to equip on monster-type pets. which leads me into..

humanoid sidekick guys --
how abt at 100% taming you can get a sidekick? like a rogue or pirate or something like that? now these i think you should be able to fully deck out with anything that regular players can wear.. would that be cheesy? i think it'd be a cool bonus for people who worked hard to 100 taming for them to be able to equip anything on one of these guys.

comments?
I think it would be cool for certian pets to be able to weild weapons/armor and the others just like a collar and rings?
What i mean by this is how do you get a devil and dress it up in armor? Yes i think it should be able to weild like a collar and rings and such but not armor.
The humanoids should be tamable and wear full armor and weild a weapon. If not wear armor atleast weild a weapon. :D
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: PETS!!!

Post by Keighn »

I didn't want to start a new thread as this is relevant. What exactly is the % of hp that a taming wand gives to pets? Has it been nerfed recently. I used one on a minoshaman and it was barely amped up at all. Someone care to fill me in or should i just figure it out by taming each critter and using it on them? Which I just might do and keep a log.
ZUPS!!!!
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

Taming wands give 20% extra hp. I doubt that it has been nerfed.
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah, thanks for that.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Can a pet kill a monster and a resurrection stone be found? Anyhave this happen?
ZUPS!!!!
DarkKiero
BBQ ABC <3

Post by DarkKiero »

There was an idea i had a while ago where you could have multiple pets but within the restriction of your taming level, at 100 you would only be able to have at max 1 dragon but if you tamed a weaker creature you could tame more of them ex: like 4 goblins.
Eclips wrote:1. Firepox
2. Firepox
3. Firepox
4. Firepox
5. He spent a good hour yesterday luring golems to FrogM and being an ass.
Mackey wrote: And everyone kills FrogM while fishing. It's like EUO's nation passtime.
Poor Frog, I'm glad we're friends. :P
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Here's something I just tested with a pet that can heal. If you put a pet in "heel" mode it will stand idly by and let you die. It WILL NOT heal you. Only when it is touched by a monster and attacks will it attempt to heal you. I was hoping a pet would heal you if you kept it away from danger but that's not the case. :/
ZUPS!!!!