New item types?

Moderator: EUO Moderators

poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

New item types?

Post by poply »

i dont know if its a good idea or not, but i didnt see any posts on this.
there are more equipment places then just torso,legs,rings,boots,gloves,neck and head.
for example:
cape
ear rings
anklet(the bracelets that go on your ankles)
and bracelet/arm guard

some other ideas that are not even as good is:
glasses
socks
belt

if any one thinks anything of these ideas(good or bad) then please say
spoiled
DarkIllusionist

Re: New item types?

Post by DarkIllusionist »

Sounds cool. But more and more slots isn't necessarily a good idea, it would just mean an extra 100 int or 25 defense for people who can afford it, really making super buffed characters.
ChildProdigy
khellendros
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by khellendros »

Aslo, people have 10 fingers so you would think that you would be able to wear ten rings instead of two, right? Anyways I agree with dark it would make the richer players able to afford a lot more items they could wear to bolster their already efficient character. Its not a bad idea in its own, just there are things that need to be taken into consideration with a subject like this. It also depends on how the game master, that being egg, or whoever else helps him code in new stuff, if they want players to have more slots for items, in the long run it could get quite tedious for players to have to find even more items for their lvl that would be sufficient for them at best. Making more slots for unneccesary things like glasses, socks, and ear rings well those don't seem that logical to portray what many would want them for as in having magical effects of their own to boost your stats and such. I know that games don't have to be completely logical but it would just seem silly to add in things like socks and the likes. but then again I am just one person giving my opinion, which is two sided in a way. There are good sides to more slots, just not for glasses, ear rings, and socks, etc. all though they could be put in, just as customary wearing not really having much value to them to the character in the sense of boosting anything, and that would make for more unneccesary coding so I don't see that happening but you never know, anyways back to the good sides. A few more slots would allow players a slight better advantage just not that much of one since thats just how the game works. Capes would be a good consideration.
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

khellendros wrote:Aslo, people have 10 fingers so you would think that you would be able to wear ten rings instead of two, right? Anyways I agree with dark it would make the richer players able to afford a lot more items they could wear to bolster their already efficient character. Its not a bad idea in its own, just there are things that need to be taken into consideration with a subject like this. It also depends on how the game master, that being egg, or whoever else helps him code in new stuff, if they want players to have more slots for items, in the long run it could get quite tedious for players to have to find even more items for their lvl that would be sufficient for them at best. Making more slots for unneccesary things like glasses, socks, and ear rings well those don't seem that logical to portray what many would want them for as in having magical effects of their own to boost your stats and such. I know that games don't have to be completely logical but it would just seem silly to add in things like socks and the likes. but then again I am just one person giving my opinion, which is two sided in a way. There are good sides to more slots, just not for glasses, ear rings, and socks, etc. all though they could be put in, just as customary wearing not really having much value to them to the character in the sense of boosting anything, and that would make for more unneccesary coding so I don't see that happening but you never know, anyways back to the good sides. A few more slots would allow players a slight better advantage just not that much of one since thats just how the game works. Capes would be a good consideration.
Would this be overpowering players though? I am a level 133 mage with 627+248 int. +248 int is alot already without the extra items if this was to be put in, so i would be pushing close to +300 int after this stuff was in. Just a thought.
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

I think this idea is awsome. im a low lvl mage and I'd like to wear a bit more int or vig gear. and since like 80% of people arnt pvp active anyway what does anyone care if there overpowered?
poply

Post by poply »

rings are only made to go on one finger so they fall off or get stuck if used on other fingers most of the time.
but this idea was thought of so the max item + would not need to be highered if more and more stronger monsters are made.
and i just like using alot of items...
spoiled