Let's talk about quests

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Let's talk about quests

Post by Rufio »

Accidently posted twice.. X-D
Last edited by Rufio on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Heikki wrote:* Gladiator quests at Arena .. Player needs to slay 5 different gladiator to win "Gladiator Belt".(Monsters that gives good challenge for lvl 30-40 lvl players)
I love this idea. The ringmaster or battlemaster or what ever is outside the arena could maybe assign fights for you. There would be a minimum requirement for the arena like level 20 or 25 or something and would start out like killing the 5 cows in the arena now. Untill like level 100 where you have to kill the 5 blacks in the arena but every time you have to fight a new thing you would be switching arena types such as classic then the trickster followed by the others. It would make a challenge and would be enjoyable insted of grinding all the time. We could include titles maybe? Like after the first 5 fights or so you get a title like "bloodletter" or something like that and eventually go to "Arena Grand Champion" I think it would be awesome to have this. :dance: Comments?
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

The last monster match should be really hard..like 5 balrons. Then whoever wins first would be grandmaster champ and would have to defend his title in the arena if other players beat the balrons and challenged him. So like if the champ and the challenger were on at the same time they would both have like 5 mins to enter the arena, and whoever didn't show would be disqualified or something
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

The only problem with that is, what if the defending grand champion was not online when they killed the 5 balrons? :uhh:
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Quest idea:

Kill the balron at the evil temple in the NE corner of the forest heart in Tangled Forest.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

timely bump - I my goal now for the year is a streamlined set of quests to give at least 33% xp all the way to lvl 60
Bugbo wrote:Quest idea: Kill the balron at the evil temple in the NE corner of the forest heart in Tangled Forest.
who gives this quest?
actually this post: another broader goal of mine which meshes with this quest thing is having bosses at the end of every dungeon. Boss doesn't mean guaranteed to drop anything, it just means it has a name and may be beefed up a little. Mostly an aesthetic/completion thing.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

The quest to kill the daemon in the temple of the seers should yield more exp. I think you get ~4500exp as it is now which is fairly low compared to the difficulty of it.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

indeed that is a very old quest
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

Hell yes. I love questing.

Cant wait to see what you come up with for that one huge town on Maeondir that I think the maker specifically made with a high amount of quest ordaining potential in mind. ;)
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

eggmceye wrote:timely bump - I my goal now for the year is a streamlined set of quests to give at least 33% xp all the way to lvl 60
Bugbo wrote:Quest idea: Kill the balron at the evil temple in the NE corner of the forest heart in Tangled Forest.
who gives this quest?
actually this post: another broader goal of mine which meshes with this quest thing is having bosses at the end of every dungeon. Boss doesn't mean guaranteed to drop anything, it just means it has a name and may be beefed up a little. Mostly an aesthetic/completion thing.
Not sure who would give this quest out, Just thought of it since I noticed there was a lone balron in the temple with a couple of other monsters before and thought. "Maybe there should be a quest to slay him"
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

The shadowlord deeper in the forest would make even better target. Isn't the lonely balron just supposed to be locked in the tomb as punishment?

Some of the quest targets could use getting buffed, like Smyth, or the fighter's quest guy(Leod?) which falls to a slightest breeze and is no challenge whatsoever. Some of the 'new' quest targets are great, like the shadowkin at the Shame or Melchior at TF - or bosses on Maeondir.

What to post for a quest getting implemented? NPC full dialogue with keywords?
Foul beast approaches?!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Aristarch wrote:What to post for a quest getting implemented? NPC full dialogue with keywords?
if you have it all worked out, email it to me at egg@swut.net

I just added 6 more guard's quests to Meath in montor west, and I plan on adding some to montor East soon, and that will be it for the time being for the guards.