Necromancer question

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Belkar
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Necromancer question

Post by Belkar »

Hi I have a question about necromancers:

I know mages get spells from scrolls they find in quests etc.

Is it the sane with neccies?

Thabk you!!
Belkar
AlexisMagnus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Re: Necromancer question

Post by AlexisMagnus »

No, necros need teachers to teach them, and teachers are undead NPCs. First circle spells are taught by the lich in Nordhaven Jail, and other circles by other undead NPCs, when you're ready (i.e. they require you to have a certain level of Necromancy prior to accept teaching you). Check any undead NPC you can talk to.

I won't put the teacher list and their locations here, but, if you want some spoilers, just meet me in game or, if I'm not online, ask via /g message, you find many helpful people online these days :)
(aka SirNoobs)

-- "If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough."
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

AlexisMagnus wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:11 pm No, necros need teachers to teach them, and teachers are undead NPCs. First circle spells are taught by the lich in Nordhaven Jail, and other circles by other undead NPCs, when you're ready (i.e. they require you to have a certain level of Necromancy prior to accept teaching you). Check any undead NPC you can talk to.

I won't put the teacher list and their locations here, but, if you want some spoilers, just meet me in game or, if I'm not online, ask via /g message, you find many helpful people online these days :)
Thank you! I figured it out already - but another question: There are a whole lot of doors which are locked.

Do you have any idea if any store sells skull keys?

Thank you!
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

I don't recall stores selling skull keys but as a necromancer you can make them with bonecrafting
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Balmung wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:01 am I don't recall stores selling skull keys but as a necromancer you can make them with bonecrafting
Thank you !!!

But where do I get bones? I fought many monsters already but I never got bones ?
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Does a boner count? :mrgreen:
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

you can get bones by using a shovel on mound tiles(the brownish tiles south of gravestones). You can find a bunch of them in the graveyard north of nordhaven. You can dig up multiple bones or skulls per spot so keep trying until you get a message "you dig and dig but fail to uncover anything". The graveyard has enough spots that you should be able to loop it nearly endlessly. Occasionally you can also receive bones when you use a butcher's knife on a monster corpse, but this isn't a viable way to get bones to train bonecrafting to 100.
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Balmung wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:21 pm you can get bones by using a shovel on mound tiles(the brownish tiles south of gravestones). You can find a bunch of them in the graveyard north of nordhaven. You can dig up multiple bones or skulls per spot so keep trying until you get a message "you dig and dig but fail to uncover anything". The graveyard has enough spots that you should be able to loop it nearly endlessly. Occasionally you can also receive bones when you use a butcher's knife on a monster corpse, but this isn't a viable way to get bones to train bonecrafting to 100.
Hi Balmung, this is great advice, thank you!!

I got one last question: where can ypu farm much gold? It seems I never have enough. Is it possible to buy some in the shop? I didn't see it there.
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

You can sell misc gear from monster drops to npc merchants. You can also mine for ore, the running price for zinc ore from players is about 2k per ore. additionally you can get gold nuggets from mining that can be crafted into 50 gp each, or deconstructed into 99 coins if you find a deconstruction wand from a drop or chest. i believe there was also a method to buy blank scrolls, craft them, and sell them to npc merchants. quests also give a good amount of gold, as well as showing you around the different parts of the world. killing misc monsters yields some gold as well.

you may have noticed a lot of plain weapons and armor being dropped by bandits and low level monsters. you can gather that gear and shift u use it on a fountain in a dungeon to try and enchant it. this would be a decent way to get some extra scratch with items you have and plan on selling anyways. This also has a small chance of creating fairly decent gear. Catherine's tower, south of nord has a good amount of fountains you can dip gear into. Minotaur halls is also a nice place to dip gear, but you may want to be in the 30s or 40s before stepping into minos.

if you you get really lucky and find any items that have a blue glow, you can sell that for a huge amount of gold to another player. these items are artifacts and even low level mobs have a slim chance of dropping one. i once got an artifact axe off of a bandit on the overworld! Most euo players are honest people so don't worry about being scammed too much. you can always ask how good a certain item is on global and get responses from neutral parties. Most artifacts are a bit out dated and only used for mythic essence crafting. Most artifact boots are simply deconned and used for this purpose for example. artifacts of this level can get you ~250k. the more useful they are, the more gold you can get.

some artifacts are far too good tp be traded for gold. other than buying supplies or some skill levels, gold isn't worth a ton currently. these things kinda happen when a games been running for 17 years haha. if you find your self with a mage band, rogue band, warrior band, an estorrath's vestments or generally any artifact that gives a magic resist bonus (MR) hold onto it to either use later or trade for gear once you're in the low 100s. any item that gives more than +5 MR is likely a top tier item.
You can use the armory page and look at what artifacts people wear to get an idea of some of the best ones as well.

hope this helps! i know its a bit of an info dump. sorry for any typos, wrote this up on my phone and couldn't be assed to proof read.
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Balmung wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:17 am hope this helps! i know its a bit of an info dump. sorry for any typos, wrote this up on my phone and couldn't be assed to proof read.
Great advice, Balmung, thanks a lot!!

Another question about the necromancer spells:

I now have spells of the 4th circle but Dreadlord Balmanis tells me I'm not necro enough for learning the next circle.

Could the pronblem be that I'm 50% fighter, 29% rogue and only 44% necromancer ? (I'm a skeleton.)

I could of course /trimskill and practice the Necromancer spells more, but I have really no idea how to use these spells - ok "Summon Undead" I practice almost before each fight I can't stand alone, but I tried "Soul Transfer" and "Corpse Explosion" as well as "Ritual Sacrifice" in fights but could not see how to use it.

I looked here http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Necromancer but still do not understand how to use these spells.

Is there a deeper explanation somewhere?

Thank you very much in advance!
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

soul transfer paralyzes you and a target, while sapping some life from said target. This is useful in 1v1 combat or in parties.

Corpse Explosion is an AoE spell that will cause enemies to blow up and deal damage to other enemies in every adjacent tile whenever an affected mob dies. This is a great spell for large amounts of smaller enemies. Works great in conjunction with hail of bones.

ritual sacrifice is a buff, not too useful during combat. This should be cast before much like summon undead.

When a necro NPC tells you that you aren't enough of a necromancer to continue, they are just referring to the current % of necromancer that you are. Try raising your necromancy skill to 50%, I think most skill requirements increase by increments of 10.

NPCs wont care about what other classes you are but they can hinder your progress. By default you have 125% class cap as a skeleton. Based on the given values here:
Belkar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:37 am 50% fighter, 29% rogue and only 44% necromancer
You probably had one skill in fighter at 50% while other fighter class skills where much lower. At this point fighter is taking up 50% of your available 125% class skills. Lets say polearms is at 50, tactics is at 12 and block is at 2. Even though you have a total of 64 levels in fighter skills, it's still only occupying 50% of your class cap. you can raise any fighter skill up to 50 without using up anymore class cap. You probably have been trying out various things on your adventures and casually leveled up some skills like security.This becomes an issue when you try to advance your main class skills but you run out of class cap because of all of these other misc class skills taking up room. So with your existing build, you're about to run into this problem having used 123% of your available 125% cap. You can expand your class cap by meditating at the versatility shrine, giving up gaining stats for a level to increase class cap by 2% to a max of 200% class cap. The loss in levels to get 200% class cap is very much worth it if you wanted to dual class, however another player will likely need to help you get to versatility. If you are feeling confident, you can start the process of getting there by talking to Conrad in bakyre.

Necromancers are a quite well rounded class so you don't need to multiclass. However, should you choose to anyways, it pairs nicely with just about anything. You could probably do with cutting fighter and using hex blades for melee while casting your necro spells during your early levels. It's definitely more useful to have 100% in one class than having small %'s in many classes. Sometimes druid can allow for some pretty intricate hybrid builds, but generally sticking to one main class is best.
Utilize /trimskill and /limitskill to keep from getting exp in skills from doing various things ex: limitskill security 0 so you can open chests but not have to worry about increasing rogue class skills. If you limit a skill you want to train later you can limit skills to 100. If you want to dual class is rogue /limitskill security 100 will allow you to GM security. Don't feel down if this seems a little confusing, this is a common source of confusion. It's just my opinion but I think that understanding how classes work in EUO is often a hurdle that gatekeeps newer players. It's hard to guide newbies around it because by playing the game and seeing what various skill do the player might discover an aspect of the game they really like. Kinda gotta let the newbies fall to learn how to walk kind of thing I guess.

You can find out what class skills you have with /myskills. That command will also show you used class cap / available class cap at the bottom as well. You can get a comprehensive list of class skills here http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Class_Skills *

Any other vets reading this thread please jump in. Sometimes I struggle explaining the class system haha

to summarize: decide which class you want to stick with or "main" and cut/limit everything else to a cumulative total of 25 to level your main class to 100%.

*I think this page should list class skills w/o expanding on them, linking to the class pages for details. However, I don't feel like I should make that edit without getting the okay first. I think someone had just recently worked to remove skill names from this page :P
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Balmung wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:21 am *I think this page should list class skills w/o expanding on them, linking to the class pages for details. However, I don't feel like I should make that edit without getting the okay first. I think someone had just recently worked to remove skill names from this page :P
yeh I think it's a good idea to list the actual class skills as a quick ref
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Assailant »

Belkar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:37 am
...but I have really no idea how to use these spells - ok "Summon Undead" I practice almost before each fight I can't stand alone, but I tried "Soul Transfer" and "Corpse Explosion" as well as "Ritual Sacrifice" in fights but could not see how to use it.
If you hit Shift+C you'll see a list of available spells as well as cast % chance and mana cost (see attachment) Cast % for necromancer spells is based on your necromancy skill line. The higher you are in necromancy the better chance you have of casting the spell. Like goe said its best to go 100% into a single line than spread your class points out into multiple classes partly for this reason. I have a feeling with only having 44% necro your cast chance isn't very high and therefore you aren't seeing great results with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Great!!! Outstanding help from Balmung and Assailant!!!
Thank you so much this helps a lot.

One last question: I'm trying to focus the spells you mentioned on mobs but I can't seem to be able to target them! I tried using crosshair to focus the spell on an enemy but I can't target enemies. I only ever succeed in putting a target grid on my undead buddies.

Please tell me how to focus these 4th circle spells on mobs as it always fails and I feel dumb.

Thank you in advance!!! You're a great forum!!
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Assailant »

Shift+Y will change crosshair between target friendlies and target enemies
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Works thanks! X-D
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

one more question what would be the ideal weapon for a necromancer?

I don't have a ranged weapon or staff, is it possible to build or get a fireball staff as I don't have a ranged spell of yet except the HP draining spell?

I played this game ages ago but I never did another class besides mage and my memory is hazy now as I don't grow younger ;)
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Belkar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:42 pm one more question what would be the ideal weapon for a necromancer?

I don't have a ranged weapon or staff, is it possible to build or get a fireball staff as I don't have a ranged spell of yet except the HP draining spell?

So: I'd like to hit ther enemies with some spell or weapon in a ranged way, which is the easiest way besides crossbow (but I hate having ammo with me)?

I played this game ages ago but I never did another class besides mage and my memory is hazy now as I don't grow younger ;)
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Necros eventually get a single target ranged spell, a wind spell that deals damage and a debuff, and a ranged AoE that lasts for a few seconds. Between those you will probably have your bases covered. If you're dying for ranged attacks now you can /limitskill ranged 0 and bind a sling to a key you aren't using. There is a snapfire/hipfire mechanic ingame that lets you use a sling or xbox with f while it unequipped and bound to a key. For example I bind my slings to q, so when I press f, a single sling round gets fired. Any class can do this, though it will raise ranged if you don't limit the skill. For non-rogues I suggest a venomous sling or xbow.

As for best necro weapon, that's not my realm of expertise. If I had to guess it would be athane though.
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Thank you Balmung!