Re: Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

Post by eggmceye »

it's actually non-trivial to fix so it's a free for all cheese atm

edit: it's staying unfixed indef, it's kinda neat
Lifeisaparty
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Lifeisaparty »

I've been wanting to use the dyable bloodkin mage avatar for a while, but unfortunately the horns for some reason are purple and don't dye with the rest of the avatar.
The horns being the same color as the original OR being dyable would be nice.
Given the random color choice I'm not sure it's intentional.
20230825-071224.png
egg: fixed future patch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not very social.
swifty
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by swifty »

20230825-112851.png
visual bug with my pet dragon. The dragon is dead, but i can see it without a health bar in my player house.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
swifty

Post by swifty »

eggmceye wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:22 am
swifty wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:07 am Stealthed players in a party are unable to be tracked after the initial stealthing. Ie: stealth > player avatar stays in initial location on screen/map.
I tested this out and couldn't see that problem that I believe you are reporting. however I did see some low-pri wonkiness re stealth/unstealth when a stealth rogue enters the FoV (screen). but they were always on the screen one way or the other, and always on the minimap. I might need more details.
Assailant and I were in the same screen/party. He would use stealth and run around, but to me his avatar stayed in the same place he used stealth. The mini-map/FoV would reset his location after leaving FoV or un-stealthing.

egg: I just had to turn dm mode off when testing and found this straight away - fixed soon
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Probably oversight than bug, but Sanct Corp doesn't show any messages of successful casting when you cast it on some one, only the recipient sees the message. - egg : many spells don't have a success message

Wet clay is still not considered a reagent in the Reagents filter, fixing
Rock Salt still not considered a food ingredient in the food filter, - not edible, hence not in filter
blank scrolls not considered a scroll in the scroll filter. - not readable
Last edited by LaughingCoyote on Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
swifty

Post by swifty »

eggmceye wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:04 am
swifty wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:31 am 20230825-112851.png visual bug with my pet dragon. The dragon is dead, but i can see it without a health bar in my player house.
if it happens again, try casting a spell (any one, but something simple liek In Lor) and see if it goes away. Wondering if old bug or new bug related to recent network/fov changes
it seems to go away, using "IL" but periodically comes back and goes away.
Kalanium
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Kalanium »

"Bloodkin Castle" in Yuggoth, TOLS, Regular difficulty:
The boss Setab'Namron, otherwise known as The Butcher, has a shorter spawn time than the rest of the bosses in TOLS, making it possible to farm him if you go down the ladder and move to the spot left of the counter where the wolfsbane is. The spawn time is approximately 1-2 minutes.

The doors that hold Gojira seem to be sealed shut forever. If you invis and go to the diving board to get into the room and pull the lever, Gojira will come through the doors, turn into a giant, but the doors themselves will bug and never actually open. You can try to go through the doors, but it's as if there's an invisible barrier that kicks you back into the room, making it impossible to get out without a town portal scroll.

"Dragon Corridor" south of 'Balron Hell', Nehalennia's, TOLS, Regular Difficulty:
The sea serpents in between the two dragon spawns after Nehalennia will actually follow you up the bucket to the lumberjacks, creating a hilarious situation where the sea serpents are stuck in the trees and in the grass.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Kalanium wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:01 pm "Bloodkin Castle" in Yuggoth, TOLS, Regular difficulty:
The boss Setab'Namron, otherwise known as The Butcher, has a shorter spawn time than the rest of the bosses in TOLS, making it possible to farm him if you go down the ladder and move to the spot left of the counter where the wolfsbane is. The spawn time is approximately 1-2 minutes.
Maybe I used a neutral or friendly spawner (which might have other respawn times) set to evil. I wonder where that mob name comes from - likely Lovecraft or R.E. Howard, whom I read at the time. I'll see if I have commented it in the script.
Kalanium wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:01 pm The doors that hold Gojira seem to be sealed shut forever. If you invis and go to the diving board to get into the room and pull the lever, Gojira will come through the doors, turn into a giant, but the doors themselves will bug and never actually open. You can try to go through the doors, but it's as if there's an invisible barrier that kicks you back into the room, making it impossible to get out without a town portal scroll.
From memory (and if I am wrong I'll contact egg so we can "fix" this): My Idea for Jira was that when you pull the lever Jira comes roaring through the door causing an earthquake that supposedly kicks all player (invis included) into the lower part of the arena and paralyise them for a short time giving Jira time to move into the arena. I think the doors are never locked but have invisible teleporters to kick you back but let Jira pass. After you killed her these tp are deactivated.
Kalanium wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:01 pm "Dragon Corridor" south of 'Balron Hell', Nehalennia's, TOLS, Regular Difficulty:
The sea serpents in between the two dragon spawns after Nehalennia will actually follow you up the bucket to the lumberjacks, creating a hilarious situation where the sea serpents are stuck in the trees and in the grass.
The bucket is set on stepping stones which are land/aquatic tiles you can step and swim over. Hence aquatic mobs can move onto it and use the ladder-fea to change maps. Oversight on my part, though not game braking in my opinion.

References:
Yuggoth: Planet from Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos
Nehalennia: Goddess of pagan origins affiliated to water
Jira: Godzilla
Kynt
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Kynt »

LordMortiferus wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:17 pm I wonder where that mob name comes from - likely Lovecraft or R.E. Howard, whom I read at the time. I'll see if I have commented it in the script.
Read it backwards :mrgreen:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Kynt wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:05 am
LordMortiferus wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:17 pm I wonder where that mob name comes from - likely Lovecraft or R.E. Howard, whom I read at the time. I'll see if I have commented it in the script.
Read it backwards :mrgreen:
d'oh of course. Been too long and the apostrophe makes it look like a name from the Cthulhu Mythos.

Norman Bates - best known from the movie Psycho by Hitchcock based on a novel by Robert Bloch (another pulp author)
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Corpsers in apoc can swim and pull you underground while you are floating at sea. :D
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, they could swim in the lost jungle swamp area; crossing little streams.
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

If an item drops on a bookstand in a map, you can't pick the item up. "Nothing available here that you can pick up". Presumably its the hook feature?

Does this count as a bug?

egg: potentially fixed for future update
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Got back to playing Balrog with Coronavirus (still great fun to play). But Altar of Sacrifice suddenly stopped working midway through the game and we couldn't figure out what caused it.

I was doing Altar of Sacrifice/Reassembling Skeleton combo. It was working fine when I had Bloody Plains - altar would sacrifice skeleton, I would get 1 hp and a 2/2 zombie token. Then I had graveyard out and suddenly the sacrifice would only give me hp but not spawn the zombie token.

We tested it after shattering the graveyard to see if it would fix the issue - it didn't.

It is weird cause it is an old deck so I should have played this combo before - but obviously didn't have this bug?

Had to quit the match. :(
Lifeisaparty
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Lifeisaparty »

Vampires can't drown at all thus it's impossible to get the egg as a vampire or undead and half trolls can't drown fast enough without intervention (like poison).
Several have agreed, dying to high seas should at least count. So that's my suggestion to fix it.
I'm not very social.
Kynt
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Kynt »

LOTL characters seem to be able to polypile stacks of ownerless items from your other non-lotl chars (that you normally wouldn't be able to pick up), at least ones dropped in your house, and results get added to your inv.

egg: fixed for future patch
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Fel/Bal/Dun supertint does not to work on pets, whereas mythic tints seem to work.

Edit: Pets do not gain extra STR/DEX/INT from these supertints
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Lifeisaparty wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:24 pm I've been wanting to use the dyable bloodkin mage avatar for a while, but unfortunately the horns for some reason are purple and don't dye with the rest of the avatar.
The horns being the same color as the original OR being dyable would be nice.
Given the random color choice I'm not sure it's intentional.
20230825-071224.png
just for you, next patch
ksnip_20240118-112221.png
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LaughingCoyote wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:05 pm Corpsers in apoc can swim and pull you underground while you are floating at sea. :D
corpsers, crocs and alligators and maybe others are marked as flying so they can look like they are amphibious - an ancient hack - but monsters.txt should prob have a dedicated amphibious flag so that they can cross shallow water and go on land but not in oceans or across mountains
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LaughingCoyote wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:19 pm Got back to playing Balrog with Coronavirus (still great fun to play). But Altar of Sacrifice suddenly stopped working midway through the game and we couldn't figure out what caused it.

I was doing Altar of Sacrifice/Reassembling Skeleton combo. It was working fine when I had Bloody Plains - altar would sacrifice skeleton, I would get 1 hp and a 2/2 zombie token. Then I had graveyard out and suddenly the sacrifice would only give me hp but not spawn the zombie token.

We tested it after shattering the graveyard to see if it would fix the issue - it didn't.

It is weird cause it is an old deck so I should have played this combo before - but obviously didn't have this bug?

Had to quit the match. :(
I did find a possibly related bug (but possibly not) and fixed that, then tested this - and couldn't reproduce - maybe fixed soon?