Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

Post by †WARMAGE† »

Used a tint want on my mythic’d weapon and lost the strength bonus, kept the felmythic name.

I had a black rock Vulgar great maul AS+7 strength +20 > paralysis added felmythic to the item and I’m 90% sure I used to receive the additional +5 strength bonus as well as the obvious 12% increase damage.

Used a barbed tint wand on the great maul and no longer receive the +25 only +20. But I kept the title felmythic. Bought the demyth scroll and reapplied felmythic to see if it was fixed and still only +20 strength.

More concerned with weather or not the 12% damage is taking effect
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

mythic, mystic, and astral and their upgraded counterparts (fel, dun,bal) on weapons only increase the damage they deal. 10% for the first stage, and and extra 2% for using an upgrade wand, per the manual. Ironically, if you really think you got the additional Str buff for having a felmythic weapon, that would be the bug not that it disappeared! :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: <- forum emote is busted

The good thing is that +5 str is pretty negligible, so you aren't really out much if you did erroneously get that extra benefit. Next time I'm online I'll take a peek and see if any of my own felmythic weapons exhibit this same issue. Maybe it had to do with the fact that it was an artifact that already had a stat bonus placed on it??
†WARMAGE† wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:14 am More concerned with weather or not the 12% damage is taking effect
I think the easiest way to check this on your own would be via alpha.
If you still have AC, you can copy a character to alpha, demythic the weapon, and test damage. compare it to the mythic'd version.
†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

Balmung wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:03 am I think the easiest way to check this on your own would be via alpha.
If you still have AC, you can copy a character to alpha, demythic the weapon, and test damage. compare it to the mythic'd version.
Appreciate it! I’ll try that out
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

What's the NOTHING | NOTHING spots? Regen stacks now?
eggmceye wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:04 pm * pets can now wear 1 ring, 1 necklace/amulet and 1 belt. Use-dir (shift u) to put the item on your pet
* pet golems can have sigils applied to them (use shift-u !)
* golem upgrades: improved power crystal gives +25% hp, armour plating adds +15 def. Buy in Apoc Kaz
* added 'body sigil of health' enchanting recipe (req 80%)
* fixed lvl 75 black dragon with both con wands having 3khp - is now 3057.
* fixed golems pets having their AS capped at 50, is now 55.
* brass and wood golems start with 300hp, and this is retro-applied to existing pets.
* wood & brass golems beefed a little and now have same base stats as flesh & crystal golems
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

nothings are the sigil slots, and regen (as in the regen you get from regen ring etc) will never stack
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

As a rogue if you're hexed and you hide in shadows, you can still move at full speed.
egg:fixed for future patch
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Seems when you relog on some alts that the magic mirror timer isn't present in the list of timers onscreen. I constantly assume I haven't used the mirror. fixed 4 future patch

Ebony Deconstruction wand cannot decon gold ingots. Regular will turn them into the proper gold ore. tested&working

I'll assume the ore thing makes that gold item -> gold ingot -> gold nugget -> gold cheese impossible eh?
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You can equip sigils when the slot is already filled. You should first use the destroy or remove scrolls before activating a new sigil.

egg: lotl used to not need to remove the existing sigil, but I'm reinstating that requirement for lotl
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Bug not bug? Never implemented?

You can't deconstruct necklaces/amulets/rings for the ingot/gems. Damn!

egg:cant decon them as they aren't craftable
ZUPS!!!!
Vovin
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Vovin »

Hi so I think I encountered an old bug on a quest reported on the 2010 bugs thread regarding a blue stone quest.

Finding Sharina or blue stone quest:
First clue sent me to Izumi as per 2010 thread. Some NPC at Izumi in the tavern, lower right guy? tells me to talk to Maria in another town who sends me to Josanna who sends me to Strangiato. Jay in Strangiato mentions she went after Xile. Xile's fortress has nothing on Sharina and Xile is clueless. Forum tells me to go to Nestor who tells me of a wizard tower which used to be the start of the quest before?
Last edited by Vovin on Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vovin

Post by Vovin »

actually the Port Izumi as starting point was in the quest active book, maybe the old man says something different and refers to Nestor instead
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Vovin wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:22 am Hi so I think I encountered an old bug on a quest reported on the 2010 bugs thread regarding a blue stone quest.

it's a really annoying wild goose chase but I believe the missing link between xile & the tower is xanophear (the good demon in the ethereal dimension) who tells you she 'left for a library'
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't know if this is a bug but it could be. If you purchase or get every spell and special ability, you can NOT cycle with the z key every spell to see your percentages. Looks like we need another page or two for those cases.

(or I need to stop multi-classing then dropping classes.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Interesting possible bug while stealthing. if You are moving and hit shift g while stealthing you will unstealth. I tested with a few keyboards and it did this again and again.
probably the shift-dir that unstealthed you , not the shift-g
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

TOLS bosses are NOT giving ears. Considering there are 150 ears, I'm going to have to go through the entire game. Problem is, my old hephaestus alt is an old guy and old quest bosses he can't redo.

BTW, Stealeg on PD somehow lost the old rapier for Patrick back when it was a normal magic item and not a quest item. It was easy to lose if you got sidetracked. Lemme know if I can't reacquire that quest item so i can finish that line of quests on him.
ZUPS!!!!
Obsidianspark
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by Obsidianspark »

Found a wild one, used to be rather isolated and only slightly useful for newbies but now it's a dance of potential death.

The ladders in Reg Nord that lead to player basements are placed right on the edge of the nord map, if you walk off the ladder to exit nord, you'll teleport to the overworld coords of the location in "basements" where it was supposed to take you. The ladder near the river that's been there for a while warps you just outside the front of the Valor shrine, which seemed vaguely intentional as a shortcut for newbies for some reason, but the new ladder takes you to the middle of the ocean which would be immediate death for newbies, so that's exciting.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

that's a quality first post :aus:
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

Werewolf form on NG server has a fixed 25 AS no matter how much stats you have. (due to it scaling based off of levels I think?)

Also, not sure if this is intended or not; If your meditation is high enough (> 50 where you can 'sense' stuff around you), you can hook mobs through walls like Monk's seize does.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

doesnt' sieze thru walls work with white potion too?
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

:fp: My bad! I completely forgot to mention that this was using Grappling hook's new use.

My questions were
1. Whether Grappling hook's seize should also work through walls or not? (Just asked since I don't want to be cheesing the mechanic if it's unintentional.)

My line of thought was that Monk's seize is magical in nature but in case of Grapple, it's a physical object that gets thrown which grabs the target.. :geek:

2. Meditation infravision normally doesn't allow you to 'target' stuff (like spells for instance); Grapple is directional, so it seems to be working. Is this allowed or unintentional?

I'm fine either way!