"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

Post by eggmceye » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:27 am

Keighn wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:06 am

it isn't invisibility but astral travel. You be lucky demons and shit can't see that in-game.

Balmung wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 5:46 am
ITT egg repents for questionable "features" by having everyone report them as bugs.
eggmceye wrote:there are a lot of boss monsters that don't drop - quit complaining about them!
eggmceye wrote:I saw that when reviewing it and thought it would be a cool furphy for you guys to think about and get upset about
turn num lock off?

LaughingCoyote
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

Post by LaughingCoyote » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:14 am

Not sure if this is new, but HoB cooldown resets every time a spell effect occurs during the cooldown - not just every time a new spell is cast. Can extend cooldown by 10 seconds or more. :(

egg:I don't think the buff time is being prolonged, it's just the status text being out of sync

I think it only appears to extend it a little but doesn't actually - I can see how it's possible that the status time in the top left of screen of HoB CD sort of sneaks up, but not only can it sneak down in the same manner, the server knows exactly the cooldown time and it isn't being extended by casting or effects
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D

eggmceye
hello

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Post by eggmceye » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:15 am

1[WoWz] wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:54 pm
Using an equipment rune doesn't remove tank (or agile or berserker stance) so you can stay tank stance with different weapons equipped.
is this too cheesy to leave in as a feature?

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:38 am

eggmceye wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:15 am
1[WoWz] wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:54 pm
Using an equipment rune doesn't remove tank (or agile or berserker stance) so you can stay tank stance with different weapons equipped.
is this too cheesy to leave in as a feature?
I don't think so to be honest. It's not even the cheesiest thing to do. It lets mages, rogues, etc tank stance but there is a cooldown with the equipment runes anyway.
IGN: 1

Paru
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Paru » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:44 am

bug bard confusion doesn't let you pick up items dropped by enemies if lotl. i think all summons from any class does even confused mage lotl lets you pick up items just not the bardic\musician.

never mind decided to quit lotl on the bard but incase anyone else makes a lotl bard...

egg: this is probably true for all confuse spells except the aoe one

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye » Sat May 16, 2020 12:29 pm

LaughingCoyote wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:54 pm
Not sure if bug or feature, but targeting no-hp Balrog cards with direct damage damage Balrog cards results in the direct damage card being used to no effect. You cant re-select to an appropriate target. Ie. Accidently burn an artifact with a lightning strike card instead of the opponents hearthstone, you cant re target.
this is an inconvenience, not technically a bug nor a feature. It sorta stinks but to fix it is definitely easier said than done

jaska

Re: Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

Post by jaska » Sun May 24, 2020 10:33 pm

"euo moa 1.3.38

mostly bug fixes

* allowing fishing on continent on Weekly
"

Tried a bunch of times on weekly, skill never bumped and it was all 'it got away' -style messages, so does not seem to be in effect yet?

-fixing soon - skill wasn't bumping

AlexisMagnus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by AlexisMagnus » Thu May 28, 2020 11:09 am

jaska wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:33 pm
"

* allowing fishing on continent on Weekly
"

Tried a bunch of times on weekly, skill never bumped and it was all 'it got away' -style messages, so does not seem to be in effect yet?

True, it looks like fishing inside cities: you can get fish based on your skill, but fishing there doesn't raise fishing skill.
(aka SirNoobs)

-- "If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough."

AlexisMagnus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by AlexisMagnus » Thu May 28, 2020 11:12 am

I found a new 'case', it seems it happened to others too.

In RWT, when a phase beast is generated based on a fire ward, final boss for the phase anomaly is a friendly (blue health bar) fire ward, which actually defends player against mobs. If it dies, it leaves no loot. I heard it also happens when phase beast is generated from a warrior, but never experienced that myself. It's no big deal, but it's quite odd and doesn't seem to make much sense.
(aka SirNoobs)

-- "If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough."

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Thu May 28, 2020 12:02 pm

I've noticed on NG that VEU (lighter load) only grants tops 150 extra weight allowance where REG AND PD grant +300.

EU only grants +50 dex but i understand the values are like double or triple. Weight allowance though for just VEU does little. Im glad raw str allows more weight allowance at least.
ZUPS!!!!

Comet
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Comet » Sun May 31, 2020 2:59 pm

It's not necessarily a bug but definitely not as intended- With diamond weapons you deal regular damage in rabbit form, but get a huge attack speed boost, meaning significantly more dps. Surprisingly it's not as powerful as I thought, since diamond weapons have low base damage for special attacks.

Balmung

Post by Balmung » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:30 am

boots of blinding speed also give the enrage status. If enrage was a feature, it was excluded from the item's description in the inventory menu.

did I finally do it? did I break my streak of awful forum posts? Is this one a real bug!?

confirmed: they give enraged when shouldn't

Comet

Post by Comet » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:18 pm

When leveling a pet it seems like if a pet levels up multiple times in one go, it only gets the HP bonus as if it leveled once. This loss of hp isn't fixed in later levels (with exception of pet evolutions), which can potentially be a huge loss. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

EDIT: just confirmed by taming a pet cow and having it kill a two headed cow - cow leveled twice but only gained 1 hp.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:02 pm

Yeah, that's an old one from way back. Happens a lot on pd but if the pet can evolve then it doesn't matter as once it evolves it gets the new hp base form of that type (ie drake to dragon). Cows are pretty worthless unless egg removed the evolve possibility (I man they're still worthless as far as battle companions go). Old code was Cow - Balron - cow. Now its Cow - Cow - Cow. After each evolution cow is reset to 3hp and AS/DEF. I did that to like lvl 60 and finally gave up on cows (same probably applies to rabbits and horses)
ZUPS!!!!

Balmung

Post by Balmung » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:49 am

offhand items with AS bonus(lute, skull, orb of power) will increase AS but not affect damage.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:37 pm

I believe a day ago one lowquest asked for 5 Greater Wands of Transference.
-fixing
ZUPS!!!!

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:34 am

So I ran through regular Bloodmoore and noticed the final Blood Dungeon isn't instanced. No blood queen and just a wyvern. Naturally, all mobs respawn.
- that's how it is now
ZUPS!!!!

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:23 am

I've been suggesting blood extractor usage to get blood if you had vials for a long time. Great for player vamps and vamp pets imho and maybe some other crafting. Snorting Vampire dust would be a great high.
ZUPS!!!!

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:47 pm

demiskeleton wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:58 pm
seems i can't feed a pet vampire enough bone charms. as in no matter how much I feed it, it never gets full. and I tried a couple hundred and it never rose any hunger level
This is a fun one and might as well be a feature, or at least is just the game strictly working.

vampires are undead & vampyric: so they simply don't digest: they have a fixed digestion level of 1000 (out of max 2000)

Code: Select all

void Sentient::digest() {

if (is_organic() && (!undead() || is_vampyric())) {
    if (hunger > -100) hunger -= (int_rand(20) + 20);
  }
  else hunger = 1000;
}

DUTCHMAN

Post by DUTCHMAN » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:31 pm

What ever happened to DKs map in Olde Porte. Not really sure if this is a bug or not.