Old Player with Questions

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

ImEricVee
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Old Player with Questions

Post by ImEricVee »

Hey all,

I have some fond memories of playing EUO sometime between 2000 and 2006 when I and a few friends discovered in in our high school computer information technologies class. We played it nearly daily and had a blast. I haven't played it since then and randomly it creeped back into my memory recently.

First, I'm happy to see that it still exists. My memories are vague but I recall playing on the PvP server and always being near some city center (The city name was something like North or Nort?) near a fountain or a well with Egg and Kodiak and others just shooting shit and trying to urge egg to conjure critters or baller gear and to get Kod to actually speak and quit being such an enigma.

Secondly, I was wondering if there was any possible way of speaking to someone to see if my old account was potentially not purged at some point and may still exist? I've already tried some common combos for potential logins but i think I'm off a bit on something. I just cant pinpoint it exactly enough between name/pw/email/etc. There's no way I have access to the email that was likely associated with that account, regardless, as I've much moved on. I also am not sure if the login system i used at that time is the same one used now, or if it was migrated or what-have-you.

Honestly, my hope would be if account or character names are searchable somehow and i could toss some examples of ones i think i used at that time were and maybe crosscheck them in some way to get it all figured out. If records even persist that far back.

It's a longshot, I know, but worth the ask in my opinion.

Oddly enough, I remember way back when there was a screenshot taken by Egg that had one of my characters in the chatbox (it was hosted on some like mmorpg-database-type-website) and i remember thinking it was cool to see. But I cant for the life of me remember where that was at, or if it even still exists this far thereafter.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you took the time. Appreciate any info you may have to offer. <3
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Old Player with Questions

Post by LaughingCoyote »

If you can remember the email you used, even if you don't have access to it, just shoot a message to egg@swut.net and he might be able to find it. That should prove who you are and the account it was linked to.

Good luck.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Re: Old Player with Questions

Post by eggmceye »

yes, email me with all your clues

also try http://euotopia.com/psearch.php : if you hit on a correct character name then it will be shown and all your alts bound to that account will be linked